Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Colonial Pipeline Down : How's your local fuel situation?

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

Swell. Wife is driving with son out to new job in Park City Utah. They're staying in Macon tonight. Hopefully one of those stations gets a late night refill.

Well, they filled up at 1 of the 119 pumps at Buc-ees just South of 475 split.

• Laughing 1

16 hours ago, beer 30 said:

I live in Fort Mill, SC, can confirm, they be dry.

The Exxon on Carowinds Blvd, immediately after you get off I77 (north side of road) had gas when I was driving in this morning.  Of course, there was a line all the way out the street and onto the interstate exit ramp.

8 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@USCPSC: Do not fill plastic bags with gasoline.

It's a shame this is where we are in the world today but here we are.

• Like 2

Just now, beer 30 said:

Reminds me of the people swallowing bleach or eating Lysol wipes or whatever during the pandemic. 

• Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Reminds me of the people swallowing bleach or eating Lysol wipes or whatever during the pandemic. 

Somewhere Darwin laughs...

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

32 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

31 minutes ago, Capella said:

Exactly,  idiots as far as the eyes can see. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Beef Ravioli said:

We were supposed to leave tomorrow to see my son walk for his college graduation. Would be traveling from DC to Pensacola, FL, via Chattanooga, TN. Concerned about getting stranded somewhere between DC and Pensacola. 

Looking at flights and they are close to being out of our budget. 

Not sure what to do.

Yikes. That sucks. What did you do?

17 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Hmm thinking of the Tesla Bidet model now 🤔

Ran mine in ludicrous mode. I am so clean right now.

• Laughing 3

Just now, Capella said:

Went out for lunch and saw long, long lines at every gas station I passed by. Unreal. 

It’s kind of self-fulfilling.  As soon as there’s actual shortages or even reports everybody reacts.  I know we did.  Now the people filling up multiple 5 gallon cans are #######s, IMO. It’s like the people buying a years worth of TP. Filling up your tank is fine.  

21 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

It’s kind of self-fulfilling.  As soon as there’s actual shortages or even reports everybody reacts.  I know we did.  Now the people filling up multiple 5 gallon cans are #######s, IMO. It’s like the people buying a years worth of TP. Filling up your tank is fine.  

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yep

1 hour ago, dgreen said:

Yikes. That sucks. What did you do?

Topped off at BJ’s gas station in Woodbridge this morning. Researched last night and Loves Truck stops are doing pretty good thus far because they are getting deliveries from another source. Will check again this afternoon before I leave. Gonna go and start looking for gas stations at half tank the whole trip. Try and target the Loves if we can. 

I talked to an Exxon gas station owner this morning. She said we would be back to normal by this weekend if everyone was not hoarding the gas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Capella said:

Went out for lunch and saw long, long lines at every gas station I passed by. Unreal. 

I had read about parts of Florida having really long lines and many of them aren't even served by the Colonial pipeline. Here in NC, lines have been crazy. Close to 80% in our area are being reported as out of gas.

12 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I had read about parts of Florida having really long lines and many of them aren't even served by the Colonial pipeline. Here in NC, lines have been crazy. Close to 80% in our area are being reported as out of gas.

Yea I think most of ours comes in off the gulf. Doesn’t make any sense which is why it’s happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chemical X said:

while everyone is distracted hoarding gas, i’m going around buying up all the toilet paper.

Playing chess while everyone else plays checkers. Make sure to get bread and milk too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, culdeus said:

So this is over now?  Terrorists lost or what?  What is everyone doing with all their extra gas?

Meemaws just cruising around town with giant buckets of gas creating a mobile bomb. 

Edited by Capella
  • Laughing 4

1 hour ago, culdeus said:

So this is over now?  Terrorists lost or what?  What is everyone doing with all their extra 

3 hours ago, SteelCurtain said:

Colonial Pipeline announced gas is back flowing again. Things should stabilize as supply increases and hoarding slows/stops.

Bravo idiot hoarders. Its always situations like these when you see how people act and think, how do they get through every day life. 

2 hours ago, culdeus said:

So this is over now?  Terrorists lost or what?  What is everyone doing with all their extra gas?

Not to get too political but some people that think the vaccines are unsafe are keeping gas in plastic bags 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, belljr said:

Not to get too political but some people that think the vaccines are unsafe are keeping gas in plastic bags 

The Venn diagram of these people is just one circle 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 4
  • Laughing 2

21 hours ago, Capella said:

Gonna guess ultimately this was taken years ago pre-hurricane or something.  Same thing happened with a lot of these no-fly videos for capital terrorists.  Turned out the videos that were being shared were by and large driven by other events.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, Ron Swanson said:

I heard just a a bit ago that large portions of SC are dry.

They were dry here in Debary yesterday and late day before.  Seem to be back now.  It's really puzzling given this pipeline event did nothing to our supply chain :lol: 

Update: All pumps still full in Memphis despite Cletus and Margaret's best attempts to fill all their beanie baby rubbermaid tubs and empty Mountain Dew 2L Bottles with fuel earlier this week. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1