Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Maryland Repeals State Song

1 minute ago, Thunderlips said:

Is it cancel culture or FINALLY being respectful to one of our most important Presidents? 

I suppose it could also be considered revisionist history, depending on one's perspective.

3 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Counterpoint: More states should adopt diss tracks as their state songs.  As a South Dakotan, I have lots to say about so-called North Dakota, and don't even get me started on Minnesota. 

Like Dots pretzels suck?

3 hours ago, identikit said:

Thinking that flag should be repealed.

:ducks:

Show some respect, that is the heraldic banner of arms of Cecil, 2nd Baron Baltimore you're talking about. If anything, we need to add to it. Perhaps a few Old Bay blue crabs and the Natty Boh logo.

• Laughing 1

"We have a lot of cancel culture going on, and we're canceling everything," Szeliga said, according to Maryland Matters, an independent news site. "So I'd like to relegate this song to history, but I'm not going to be able to vote to repeal it."

I don't really understand this quote.  If you'd like to relegate something to history, why is it that you can't bring yourself to vote to repeal it?   

2 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

I would like to propose we begin the search for a new song with the Kix catalog.

Since the Maryland state song is only really played during the Preakness, then I think the ad lib section of Yeah, Yeah, Yeah should be sufficient - at least for the infield crowd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -fish- said:

I don't really understand this quote.  If you'd like to relegate something to history, why is it that you can't bring yourself to vote to repeal it?   

Because he's pandering.

2 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

I like the fact that the song did not become Maryland's official state song until 1939. Talk about holding a grudge!

Its kinda like NOT putting up statues to honor confederate war heroes until the Jim Crow era.

Weird.

On 5/20/2021 at 6:33 PM, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

For this, and also @IvanKaramazov's suggestion I was thinking Wrathchild America "Surrounded by Idiots" coming out of the same general area.  But Wikipedia puts then in WV.   Oh well.

As a fiscal conservative who was born, raised and has spent most of my 53 years living in Montgomery County, I wholeheartedly endorse this selection.