What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phil proves that 50 is the new 40 (1 Viewer)

:lol:  The salty is very much appreciated.

But.....Pretty much yea.  How many 50 year olds try, would be a great question.  How many PGA players stay on tour past 50?  How many could versus how many do?  There is a point where even golf becomes work.

Game of skill, kinda like bowling.  "Athleticism" probly helps, on the otherhand, so would experience.
lol....yes, the reason 50-year-olds leave the tour is because they are over it

There are a good number of players in the rankings 40+, the number 1 golfer in the world is 36.

I'm starting to sense perhaps golf doesn't have the athletic toll some here imagine. 

Most of us here have to be old enough to remember the era prior to this where golf was dominated by men smoking and drinking, there was literally a market for products that held your cigar off the ground so you could stop smoking for a moment to swing a club.

ITS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil said it himself.. he had stopped wanting to do the work. 

So... yes?
I am guessing that if it were the same work as it was when he was 28 that it wouldn't be the case.  He has likely been putting in more work the past year for a bunch of MC's and finishes outside of the top 50.

I am guessing that if it were the same work as it was when he was 28 that it wouldn't be the case.  He has likely been putting in more work the past year for a bunch of MC's and finishes outside of the top 50.
So he wasn't doing the work, and started doing it recently.

Confirmed.

I am aware that age does not help, but I would say experience does help.  Was Phil's physical prowess/strength/athleticism ever something you marveled at?

looking at it now... Phil is still top 50 driving distance - longer than the young Hovland, Day, Justin Thomas, Fowler, and on and on.  So it seems he hasn't lost much?  Not much of an issue and perhaps an advantage over much of the field on a 7500 course with 14 stimp greens?
My reply was in reference to any 50-year-older on tour not Phil Mickelson, probably in the top five or 10 golfers of all time

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread