What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any sleeper DE suggestions? (1 Viewer)

scothawk

Footballguy
Im running thin very fast in several leagues. A possible Frank Clark suspension or cut wont help.

Rookie draft is super thin for DE talent.

Anyone looking to get more playing time or benefit from a scheme switch?

scothawk said:
Im running thin very fast in several leagues. A possible Frank Clark suspension or cut wont help.

Rookie draft is super thin for DE talent.

Anyone looking to get more playing time or benefit from a scheme switch?
What is the scoring, roster size, # starters needed?

For a really deep dart throw I like Epenesa from Buffalo.  Supposedly good off season (like everyone else) but Buffalo should get sack chances and he should take a step forward.

Do you have some choices on waiver wire?

scothawk said:
What we think of C Lawson on the Jets ?
I don't want to have to start him from the outset, but he's been a priority stash for me since sometime last year and I'm not sure he could have drawn up a better landing spot. If Saleh is able to get him to unlock what Cincy couldn't then he has the makeup of a DE2 that may have a top 10 season in him.

Darrell Taylor.  He was a 1sts rounder last year and Seattle is going to want to unlock that value.

Oops yeah, Brooks was the 1st.  They are still looking for those investments to pay off, both of them, so it might be wise to just snag both if you can be patient and see if anything happens.

Oops yeah, Brooks was the 1st.  They are still looking for those investments to pay off, both of them, so it might be wise to just snag both if you can be patient and see if anything happens.
Collier was terrible and it doesn't look good for him as there is talk he may play more as a DT (he played there some last year).  I am not sure if he gets reclassified but something to keep an eye on.  

Collier to me will be just a rotational guy, they still have Hyder and Dunlap there as the starters and higher % of snaps players. Taylor might be a better shout as he will be on in nickel Defense, but be wary if the positional designation changes as they are looking at him as "a hybrid strongside linebacker/rush end role (the same Bruce Irvin filled a year ago)".

Here is an article talking about the D-Line. It starts with Aldon Smith but further down it breaks down things a bit more in the article the further down stating that may not fully need Alson Smith (they love to rotate players alot).  

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/pete-carroll-says-aldon-smith-is-in-seattle-but-not-yet-ready-to-work-out-with-the-seahawks/

What we think of C Lawson on the Jets ?
Pick him up.  Definitely worth a shot.

Some guys I've picked up in free agency this summer across various leagues (mostly balanced, not sack-heavy):

• Randy Gregory
  • DJ Wonnum
  • Whitney Mercilus (DE on MFL now)
  • Marcus Davenport
  • Derek Barnett
  • Akiem Hicks
  • Kerry Hyder
  • Arik Armstead
  • AJ Epenesa
A sneaky one might be Barnes in Detroit if you're on Sleeper - he's dual listed at DE there for no reason.  Check Haason Reddick (DE on MFL now) in case he's available.

You could also ask about cost for some vets like Brandon Graham, Trey Flowers, JJ Watt, Demarcus Lawrence, JPP, etc. - rebuilding teams would probably sell them for pretty cheap given their age.

Barnett and Epensa widely available. The latter mainly because i dropped him multiple times, I just dont see his route to playing time.

Davenport is worth a check

Barnett and Epensa widely available. The latter mainly because i dropped him multiple times, I just dont see his route to playing time.

Davenport is worth a check
Space permitting, Davenport is the sorta speculative dart I love to throw at this time. He requires no patience. If he doesn't hit in the first few weeks then he's a whole lot easier to move on from than a year one or two guy. 

Someone from the Titans. Dupree trying to come back from ACL in 8-9 months. Great interior. A common off-season theme has been Landry played too much. Weaver probable suspension.

There's a hole there for someone to step into at least til Dupree returns to 💯 if not after too.

They play a lot of nickel so it's probably a tweener DE/OLB type.

Their base 3-4 has Tart at nose but he doesn't usually play nickel. Even if he does and pushes Autry outside...still need to rest Autry and Landry sometime. There's a signify spot up for grabs in camp. 

Someone from the Titans. Dupree trying to come back from ACL in 8-9 months. Great interior. A common off-season theme has been Landry played too much. Weaver probable suspension.

There's a hole there for someone to step into at least til Dupree returns to 💯 if not after too.

They play a lot of nickel so it's probably a tweener DE/OLB type.

Their base 3-4 has Tart at nose but he doesn't usually play nickel. Even if he does and pushes Autry outside...still need to rest Autry and Landry sometime. There's a signify spot up for grabs in camp. 
That probably depends on the league host - Titans edges are all LBs in my leagues.

A sneaky one might be Barnes in Detroit if you're on Sleeper - he's dual listed at DE there for no reason.  Check Haason Reddick (DE on MFL now) in case he's available.
Okay, there is a reason - Barnes was a DE 2 years ago in college, then an off-ball LB last year... so he has both positions in his past.  I'm surprised a Patriots tree coach didn't pick him up to be Van Noy/Hightower.

Users who are viewing this thread