What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft, pick 1.01 - who ya got? (1 Viewer)

1.01 - Who ya got?

• CMC

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • Cook

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Kamara

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other - specify below

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
PPR Redraft snake format. 

Seems like CMC is being viewed as the 1.01, and projected as the top points scorer in PPR. I have concerns about his QB. 

Honestly not sure what I would do with 1.01

What would you do? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, Kamara doesn't even enter the conversation for me. Very worried about him without Brees, and he's not in my top-5.

I'd go CMC, if someone wanted to be creative, I could see a case for Kelce in PPR, where he is possibly doubling the points of the #5 guy at his position. 

CMC for me, no hesitation.  After that is where it would get difficult.  

You trust Darnold to move that offense?

I might lean Cook just for that reason. I don't know where I pick this year yet - this is purely a thought exercise. But yeah, I don't have a ton of faith in Darnold moving the chains. I've seen a QB tank an offense before...

CMC dominated 2019 with Kyle Allen at quarterback. Darnold will not be worse than Kyle Allen.

I might lean Cook just for that reason. I don't know where I pick this year yet - this is purely a thought exercise. But yeah, I don't have a ton of faith in Darnold moving the chains. I've seen a QB tank an offense before...

CMC was the runaway #1 FF player in 2019 with Kyle Allen (13G) and Cam (3G) - worst passer rating in the league, and their respective QBR was 38.6 and 22.sumtin.

I don’t think there’s any debate.

Tough call between Henry, who I am shocked to see isn't his own option here and was relegated to part of the 'other' option considering his current ADP is 1.2, and CMC.  I'd probably lean CMC because of all of the balls he will catch, but it's a close call. 

Tough call between Henry, who I am shocked to see isn't his own option here and was relegated to part of the 'other' option considering his current ADP is 1.2, and CMC.  I'd probably lean CMC because of all of the balls he will catch, but it's a close call. 
Henry’s ADP high IS 2. Thats not his PPR ADP. That honor belongs to Cook. 

I almost listed him, but felt the 1st tier was CMC/Cook. No insult intended to the talented Mr Henry, nor shall I be issuing an apology letter to him. 

:)  

No injury concerns? 

pretty rare for me to worry about that unless it’s truly warranted

like, I have about 127 players with injury concerns 

but except in obvious cases (Deebo Samuel has had a soft tissue injury that caused him to miss games every year since 2015) I’m not in the habit of a predicting 

I figure 1/3rd of all NFL RBs with a significant load will get hurt this year and miss a game or three

I not gonna waste time trying your guess which ones 

CMC hadn’t been hurt since 2016 before last year, has proven he can carry a heavy load 

Cook still hasn’t ever play 16G right? does anyone really worry about him being injury prone?

Henry’s ADP high IS 2. Thats not his PPR ADP. That honor belongs to Cook. 

I almost listed him, but felt the 1st tier was CMC/Cook. No insult intended to the talented Mr Henry, nor shall I be issuing an apology letter to him. 

:)  
Fair enough, but I am seeing his PPR ADP as still being higher than Kamara, who managed to get listed here as an option. 

Personally, I wouldn't want Kamara in the 1st round at all this year. With their uncertainty at QB and the M. Thomas thing now, their offense could seriously take a step back overall. 

Fair enough, but I am seeing his PPR ADP as still being higher than Kamara, who managed to get listed here as an option. 
I listed Kamara because while mocking I have more consistently seen him go 1 or 2 than anyone not named Cook or CMC.

it’s not a big deal, really. 

Personally, I wouldn't want Kamara in the 1st round at all this year. With their uncertainty at QB and the M. Thomas thing now, their offense could seriously take a step back overall. 
I probably wouldn’t either. 

pretty rare for me to worry about that unless it’s truly warranted

like, I have about 127 players with injury concerns 

but except in obvious cases (Deebo Samuel has had a soft tissue injury that caused him to miss games every year since 2015) I’m not in the habit of a predicting 

I figure 1/3rd of all NFL RBs with a significant load will get hurt this year and miss a game or three

I not gonna waste time trying your guess which ones 

CMC hadn’t been hurt since 2016 before last year, has proven he can carry a heavy load 

Cook still hasn’t ever play 16G right? does anyone really worry about him being injury prone?
This is fair. CMC also wasn’t considered a 1.01 candidate before last year, 

I dunno - it just seems like folks are supremely confident in the 1.01 as CMC without concern for his new offense, new QB, or that he was hurt twice last year. 

In past seasons it seems like players at 1.01 had fewer question marks, but maybe I’m overthinking things. 

I would never have Cook anywhere near the top 3, this guy is constantly nicked up, last season was more the outlier than the trend with him with relation to staying healthy, something he had a problem with since high school. high risk high reward, for sure. he is not a safe pick that you want at 1.01. 

Kamara sans Brees I want no part of, the N.O. offense is a recipe for disaster. 

If I had to take a guess, Zeke Elliott is vastly underrated for 2021. we're only a year or two removed from him being a consensus #1 overall selection.He's a safe pick, he never gets hurt, can carry a huge workload, and has a load of WRs that will keep defenses 'honest'. At worst you're getting a 1000 yard rusher with double-digit TDs who won't get hurt and doesn't fumble, and catches the ball well enough to be used in PPR. Last season was lousy for him, yes, but I think he just didn't try as much with covid and all. I think he bounces back in a HUGE way in 2021.

CMC would be another solid pick, though Darnold would worry me. 

Henry will suffer the same fate as all the other 2k yard guys throughout NFL history, and the same fate as the ones who also got 4,000 carries in a single season like he did last year there's a significant drop-off coming. There's no way he's a top 5 guy in 2021.his 2020 stats are unsustainable, he should rush for at least 500 fewer yards.

There's no QB worth taking at 1.01?  I'd rather have the best QB and a pair of next-tier RBs such as A. Gibson,  than to have a top player in the most volatile position in the NFL - RB. Rodgers is significantly better than almost all other QBs, and fantasy pts are off the chart with him. 

I do, better than Teddy at least. And in the 3 games he did play last year with Teddy he put up 28, 24 and 37. 

probably a moot issue for me as in decades of playing this stupid game I’ve had 1.01 maybe twice. Back then my options were Ladanian Tomlinson and Ladanian Tomlinson, respectively.

That seemed like a much safer pick than CMC both times. 

CMC would be another solid pick, though Darnold would worry me. 
yes, in part that’s my concern. Health, seasons of dominant performance & a new coaching staff are others. 

Henry will suffer the same fate as all the other 2k yard guys throughout NFL history, and the same fate as the ones who also got 4,000 carries in a single season like he did last year there's a significant drop-off coming. There's no way he's a top 5 guy in 2021.his 2020 stats are unsustainable, he should rush for at least 500 fewer yards.
this is a concern shared by many. One note about this though - the drop-off, if it comes, may not result in his not being worthy of a top 5 pick. Those may be mutually exclusive. Some of those historic players had fine follow-up seasons that just weren’t as dominant. Injury concerns are what they are - Henry has been pretty durable. I’d probably still take him top 5, even knowing the risks/history. 

There's no QB worth taking at 1.01?  I'd rather have the best QB and a pair of next-tier RBs such as A. Gibson,  than to have a top player in the most volatile position in the NFL - RB. Rodgers is significantly better than almost all other QBs, and fantasy pts are off the chart with him. 
Rodgers is highly unlikely to repeat last years numbers, and it’s worth pointing out that last year he was largely an afterthought, taken by many fantasy teams as a backup QB in the middle rounds. 

He was incredibly efficient last year. It’s hard to call another 40 TD season, though of course it’s possible. 

And yeah, it’s possible that one of Mahomes, Allen, Murray, LJax are worth taking 1.01, but since at least a few are likely to make it back to 2.12, why would you?

Again - look where ARod went last year. Folks who took him late likely made the playoffs. The trick is to figure out tbis year’s ARod-type bargain in the middle rounds, not to reach for ARod at 1.01. 

probably a moot issue for me as in decades of playing this stupid game I’ve had 1.01 maybe twice. Back then my options were Ladanian Tomlinson and Ladanian Tomlinson, respectively.

That seemed like a much safer pick than CMC both times. 
with CMC you have a 10 year sample. High usage, never injured seven years in HS or College and three ears as a pro. never hurt.

high-ankle sprain and dealing with shoulder and thigh injuries last year. averaged 30.1 points a game when healthy. averaged 29.7 the year before. 23.7 (RB3) 2018, RB12 as a rookie.

To be honest, I think it’s the safest pick in the history of fantasy football.

with CMC you have a 10 year sample. High usage, never injured seven years in HS or College and three ears as a pro. never hurt.

high-ankle sprain and dealing with shoulder and thigh injuries last year. averaged 30.1 points a game when healthy. averaged 29.7 the year before. 23.7 (RB3) 2018, RB12 as a rookie.

To be honest, I think it’s the safest pick in the history of fantasy football.
Bold statement. 

Tell me more about his 3 ears though. Weird!

:lol:  

Jokes aside, he also had a limited workload on his 1st and 2nd year. 117 carries, then 219, then 287. Then the following year he got hurt. Citing good historic health is also relative to historic workload, no? 

Might that not be a cause for concern? 

had a limited workload

led all NFL RBs in Targets 2017, 2018, and 2019

In PPR scoring, a running back would need 2.37 carries to achieve the fantasy points of one target. This also means that a running back targeted just three times per game, 51 times in a season, will score the same amount of fantasy points as another back with 118 carries. Breaking it down further, a 50-target back will score about 78 fantasy points while a 50-carry back will score just 33 fantasy points.

At 1.01 spot, I think it is safe to say we are drafting a ceiling and not the floor. CMC seems to have the highest ceiling to me, proven target monster and TD hog. Just his health seems to be a knock on him. I would argue that's the case for all players. Health falls in that "is FF luck or not" conversation. 

I also like Cook, but not anymore than CMC and I have picked that way twice already this year. 

I’m aware. When it comes to durability concerns, I see receptions as lower impact than carries. 

I dunno. Seems like some of y’all may be glossing over the risks here. 

You are?

In 2019 he outscored the RB2 by 154.4 points

In 2020 he averaged 4.9 PPG more than #2

Who is your rational choice for 1.01 besides CMC?

• Kamara without Brees?
  • Cook who averaged 6.3 less /G last year and 8.4 less /G the year before? And has average 10.75 GP over the last 4 seasons
  • Henry after 397 touches?
  • Age 26 Zeke?
I just don’t get how you think your “concerns” outweigh what we have witnessed the last 3 years and throughout CMC’s career.

Just his health seems to be a knock on him. I would argue that's the case for all players. Health falls in that "is FF luck or not" conversation. 
Except it’s not just health. he has a new quarterback, new offensive coordinator entirely new coaching staff.

changes like that always concern me regardless of health. But then you throw health questions into the mix and it seems like more than one red flag.

again, I’m not saying he won’t be worth 1.01. I’m just saying I don’t have the same level of confidence that the majority of the fantasy community seems to have. but I don’t see a whole lot of folks talking about these things, as I have with other players in similar circumstances in the past.

I’m not discounting anyone’s optimism over him. I’m just saying…

You are?

In 2019 he outscored the RB2 by 154.4 points

In 2020 he averaged 4.9 PPG more than #2

Who is your rational choice for 1.01 besides CMC?

• Kamara without Brees?
  • Cook who averaged 6.3 less /G last year and 8.4 less /G the year before? And has average 10.75 GP over the last 4 seasons
  • Henry after 397 touches?
  • Age 26 Zeke?
I just don’t get how you think your “concerns” outweigh what we have witnessed the last 3 years and throughout CMC’s career.
I have no idea. I believe I led off this topic with that very statement. That’s why I’m asking the question. :shrug:

also, I don’t think my concerns outweigh anything. Again… I’m merely pointing out the circumstances and suggesting there may be concerns.

why do you think glossing over those concerns is the right approach to evaluating a running back for who much has changed from last year?

Ps - as for who I would take it 1.01… I am fortunate enough to play in a KDS style league. If I draw the 1st pick, I’m seriously considering selecting 1.12.

When a player misses 13 G, at a minimum your due diligence should include considering any lasting affects or the likelihood of a recurring injury.

Christian McCaffrey: injury analysis
To be fair, I think he probably has the same chance to get hurt as many other players in the top five or top 20 or top 50. I didn’t even call out his injuries in the OP. 

I did call out his new QB, who I don’t trust in the slightest.I see Darnold as a significant downgrade from any quarterback CMC has played with. There are 31 quarterbacks in the NFL and maybe also a couple of backups that I would rather see behind center than Sam Darnold.  

So health aside, CMC also has a new quarterback, a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator and not all of the same players returning to the team around him as well. 

these things give me pause. I disagree entirely that he is the safest number one overall pick of all time. 

If you disagree that there are any red flags here, I respect your opinion. But I don’t agree with it. And I think it’s fair to ask the questions I’m asking. 

You seem very invested in this - are you a CMC dynasty owner by chance? 

Winston has never been a check it down QB, and he’s always been poor throwing screens. I know they’ll scheme receptions for Kamara, but I’d expect his catches to go down pretty significantly. 

Winston has never been a check it down QB, and he’s always been poor throwing screens. I know they’ll scheme receptions for Kamara, but I’d expect his catches to go down pretty significantly. 
I am soft avoiding the Saints in general. I’m higher on their offense with Winston at quarterback than Hill, but with the loss of Thomas for who knows how long, the post-Brees era it’s not off to an auspicious start.

I’s consider taking Hill as a QB2, as I think he’s got slash value, or if Winston wins the gig he’s also a good QB2 to target. My big fear is a legit QBBC, which I’ve been suggesting for a while now. 

Specific to this topic, Kamara’s receiving numbers would stand to suffer with either of these QBs based on Hill last year & your accurate observation of Jamies above. 

That said, if something crazy happened like Kamara 1.11-1.12 I’d be on it like a fat kid on a hoho. 

To be fair, I think he probably has the same chance to get hurt as many other players in the top five or top 20 or top 50. I didn’t even call out his injuries in the OP. 

I did call out his new QB, who I don’t trust in the slightest.I see Darnold as a significant downgrade from any quarterback CMC has played with. There are 31 quarterbacks in the NFL and maybe also a couple of backups that I would rather see behind center than Sam Darnold.  

So health aside, CMC also has a new quarterback, a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator and not all of the same players returning to the team around him as well. 

these things give me pause. I disagree entirely that he is the safest number one overall pick of all time. 

If you disagree that there are any red flags here, I respect your opinion. But I don’t agree with it. And I think it’s fair to ask the questions I’m asking. 

You seem very invested in this - are you a CMC dynasty owner by chance? 
I don't know that Darnold is a red flag against CMC, or if its just unideal, in the same sense that Henry's lack of receiving isn't a red flag, and is just unideal.

I think you are perhaps being too dismissive of CMC when he was on the field last season. He was actually producing at a higher level than his monster 2019, yes it was just 3 games, but 2 of those games were against TB and KC. His new HC and OC had no issues at all making him the centerpiece of the offense even moreso than Rivera/Turner did. 

I really don't see a case for any RB above him. If someone wanted to go Kelce I could understand, especially in TE friendly leagues, but Cook and Henry have bigger issues to me, and no other RB is in that tier in my opinion. 

I don't know that Darnold is a red flag against CMC, or if its just unideal, in the same sense that Henry's lack of receiving isn't a red flag, and is just unideal.

It’s possible that it won’t effect CMC at all. it’s also possible that he throws a lot of picks that impact CMCs potential production. And there’s even an outside shot that Darnold’s change of scenery will benefit him & the Panthers alike & my concerns prove to be unfounded.

I’m not saying anything with certainty - I’m asking questions & evaluating the situation. 

I think it’s hard to have confidence in a thing until I’ve seen that thing. Darnold might turn a corner & play well, but I need to see it to be confident in it. I think that’s a fair approach. 

And similarly, having not yet seen it, it gives me a little bit of pause. Because it wouldn’t be the 1st time a terrible QB had an impact on the skill players of that team. 

I think you are perhaps being too dismissive of CMC when he was on the field last season.
not at all - he’s a total stud & I had CMC envy in 2019 & (when healthy) 2020. Love the guy. If I had confidence that Carolina’s offense would thrive this year with Darnold behind center I wouldn’t be asking these questions.

I’m hoping preseason shows me something to give me as much confidence as y’all seem to already have. 

I really don't see a case for any RB above him. If someone wanted to go Kelce I could understand, especially in TE friendly leagues, but Cook and Henry have bigger issues to me, and no other RB is in that tier in my opinion. 
I could see Cook, only for the fact that his team is largely unchanged. Different TE, but same QB, same talent at WR, same coaching philosophy. Consistency there gives me confidence - of course Cook is not without his own injury history. 

But I also recall many telling me that wasn’t a concern last year, so I’m not sure why it would be this year after he just played 14 games again.

I can’t see taking a TE 1.01, especially in leagues like mine where if I draw the 1.01 I can opt to take the 6-7-8 spot to take Kelce there & follow up with a shorter turn pick. 

And I’d be very unlikely to take a QB that high too.

Anyway, interesting to see people’s reason for confidence in CMC as the top pick. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. Preseason should help to answer some of my questions. 

I'd pick CMC because there's nobody else I can see justifying that pick. There's an inherent risk taking running backs in the first because they're so often injured. What you're actually swinging for is ceiling, not floor, according to the statisticians. (I wish I'd saved the article.) The guys that win leagues in the first round at RB -- or have the highest winning percentage in twelve-man leagues -- are actually the guys with ceiling potential, not floor. It's counterintuitive to most landed theory, but it seems to be true. And CMC has that ceiling. He's proven it. 

I hear you about the injuries. Once an AC joint goes, I worry (see Dalvin Cook 'bout that). High ankle sprains take about a full off-season, in my estimation. 

Darnold is an albatross, for sure, but no more than Winston with Kamara. 

Cook has never played a full slate, either. 

CMC's performance was so outrageous in 2019 and in 2020 when healthy that he gets the nod. 

Darnold is an albatross, for sure, but no more than Winston with Kamara. 

See, I’m worried about Kamara too, for the same reason. Others have said that above as well about Kamara. 

Cook has never played a full slate, either. 

CMC's performance was so outrageous in 2019 and in 2020 when healthy that he gets the nod. 
So alternate/follow-up question: if you played in a KDS style league & drew the 1.01, would you keep IT & take CMC, or pick a lower draft position? 

ETA: voice to text done me dirty

See, I’m worried about Kamara too, for the same reason. Others have said that above as well about Kamara. 

So alternate/follow-up question: if you played in a KTS style league & drew the 1.01, would you keep IT & take CMC, or pick a lower draft position? 
I thought of your question when I was writing, actually. I don't know. I think I'd see what my tiers look like at the time of my draft and what I felt most comfortable with as a team. I haven't done tiers yet, so there's really no answer I could give you that would be well thought-out. 

This year seems like a bad one to have a top four pick.  There's huge question marks around all of the top rbs that generally aren't there. 5 is the ideal spot imo, perfect place to grab Kelce.

Ideally I'd like a backfield of two of the year two rbs, one of whom is sure to be in the number one overall conversation next year.  Gibson/CEH could be a league winner.

That said, despite being VERY vocal in my opinion about the lack of ability brought in by Darnold, CMC would be my pick.  Cook still feels like an injury risk to me (which may be personal bias), Kamara historically does nothing will Hill at qb and I'm with you @Hot Sauce Guy
in a legit fear of a qbbc, and rbs typically fall off a cliff after a 2k yard season so Henry will never be on my team.   CMC has played with terrible qbs his whole career (the ghost of cam notwithstanding) and still managed, so throwing another in the mix shouldn't be a big change.

This year seems like a bad one to have a top four pick.  There's huge question marks around all of the top rbs that generally aren't there. 5 is the ideal spot imo, perfect place to grab Kelce.

so in that light, if you were in a KDS-style league & drew 1.01, you’d select the 5-spot? 

It’s possible that it won’t effect CMC at all. it’s also possible that he throws a lot of picks that impact CMCs potential production. And there’s even an outside shot that Darnold’s change of scenery will benefit him & the Panthers alike & my concerns prove to be unfounded.

I’m not saying anything with certainty - I’m asking questions & evaluating the situation. 

I think it’s hard to have confidence in a thing until I’ve seen that thing. Darnold might turn a corner & play well, but I need to see it to be confident in it. I think that’s a fair approach. 

And similarly, having not yet seen it, it gives me a little bit of pause. Because it wouldn’t be the 1st time a terrible QB had an impact on the skill players of that team. 

not at all - he’s a total stud & I had CMC envy in 2019 & (when healthy) 2020. Love the guy. If I had confidence that Carolina’s offense would thrive this year with Darnold behind center I wouldn’t be asking these questions.

I’m hoping preseason shows me something to give me as much confidence as y’all seem to already have. 

I could see Cook, only for the fact that his team is largely unchanged. Different TE, but same QB, same talent at WR, same coaching philosophy. Consistency there gives me confidence - of course Cook is not without his own injury history. 

But I also recall many telling me that wasn’t a concern last year, so I’m not sure why it would be this year after he just played 14 games again.

I can’t see taking a TE 1.01, especially in leagues like mine where if I draw the 1.01 I can opt to take the 6-7-8 spot to take Kelce there & follow up with a shorter turn pick. 

And I’d be very unlikely to take a QB that high too.

Anyway, interesting to see people’s reason for confidence in CMC as the top pick. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. Preseason should help to answer some of my questions. 

Not sure that should be a real concern.  Darnold has averaged right at 1 pick per game in his NFL career, and that was playing on a Jets team with far less good skill position players than he will have this year.  Meanwhile, the Carolina QB's threw 21 picks in 2019, yet CMC still put up all-world numbers, so even if Darnold's INT numbers do go up, it shouldn't affect CMC.  Falling behind because of INT's only means more catches for CMC as they play from behind. 

I've never been and have very little knowledge of how those leagues work, but yes
It’s nothing too complex - when your name is drawn, you get to pick whichever draft position you want of the available positions. 

kds = “Kentucky derby style”

so if you get the 1st pick you can choose any of the 12 spots.  I’m seriously considering 1.12 regardless of what I draw. If it’s available of course. Or 11 or 10 if not. 

I have the 1.2 pick in a $500 best ball PPR redraft. I would shat eggrolls of joy if the 1.1 got cute and passed over CMC. Otherwise I'll take Cook at 1.2 as I am also nervous about the Saints offense post Brees....

I have the 1.2 pick in a $500 best ball PPR redraft. I would shat eggrolls of joy if the 1.1 got cute and passed over CMC. 
That's how I would feel about it, too, especially with loot on the line. Don't know enough about the best ball format, but CMC seems to be king there amongst its practitioners, too. 

I have the 1.2 pick in a $500 best ball PPR redraft. I would shat eggrolls of joy if the 1.1 got cute and passed over CMC. Otherwise I'll take Cook at 1.2 as I am also nervous about the Saints offense post Brees....
it’s a fair take. I don’t usually consider the cost to enter in making my picks, but each to their own. 

If you have no qualms about CMC, I won’t fault you for that, by any means. I don’t know if it’s “getting cute” to go against groupthink, and I might well take him 1.01 if I happen to draw that pick. 

But it’s a fantasy discussion board & I was making an observation that the pick may not be without risk, so I thought it warranted a discussion. 

After all, we can talk about it here for the cost of $0 & maybe bolster opinions or take pause to consider if what we think we know is valid.

I’m happy we have a preseason to judge. 

Question for you - if Darnold comes out and stinks the place up all preseason, will this still be the no-brainer lock of the century you seem to feel it is now? 

That's how I would feel about it, too, especially with loot on the line. Don't know enough about the best ball format, but CMC seems to be king there amongst its practitioners, too. 
Best ball impacts a lot of decisions in a draft, but IMO in the 1st round it’s not very relevant compared to decisions down the ways a bit. 

Question for you - if Darnold comes out and stinks the place up all preseason, will this still be the no-brainer lock of the century you seem to feel it is now? 
Honestly I don't think so. If anything, they will realize the need to run and do dump offs (which he would benefit from) even more. But if Darnold stinks it up I would worry about Moore and the wideouts obviously. But even when Cam was broke, and just awful, CMC still beasted. I think he's bust proof as long as he's healthy. 

Honestly I don't think so. If anything, they will realize the need to run and do dump offs (which he would benefit from) even more. But if Darnold stinks it up I would worry about Moore and the wideouts obviously. But even when Cam was broke, and just awful, CMC still beasted. I think he's bust proof as long as he's healthy. 

I’d be a little concerned about how defenses approach defending CMC if that were the case, but you do make good points. 👍🏼

Honestly, Kamara doesn't even enter the conversation for me. Very worried about him without Brees, and he's not in my top-5.

I'd go CMC, if someone wanted to be creative, I could see a case for Kelce in PPR, where he is possibly doubling the points of the #5 guy at his position. 
I don’t understand this argument.  How is CMC #1 with Darnold, but Kamara isn’t top 5?   Studs produce no matter what.  We seen it with players like Megatron and Fitz at WR.  Kamara was a stud with Teddy under center until his injury.  NO has a top 3 OL.  With Jameis at QB he will be a stud.  Taysom at QB is likely to hurt his #s only due to him not being targeted in the passing game like last year, but in no way do I believe he will be the starter.  Jameis is a much better QB than Darnold, so I don’t really see an argument here.  FTR, I’m biased because I’m a Saints fan, but I don’t see this difference in CMC and Karmara’s situation. 

Users who are viewing this thread