What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where is Dodds? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampa Buc

Footballguy
Call this a grieving thread if you will but wondering why Dodds is not doing any projections or player rankings this year. For over 10 years I have been doing my drafts by what he and Bloom project. Really miss his input.

Call this a grieving thread if you will but wondering why Dodds is not doing any projections or player rankings this year. For over 10 years I have been doing my drafts by what he and Bloom project. Really miss his input.
Dodds no longer works for or has a stake in the company if I've read it right. He's developing his own thing, according to him. No projections or player rankings will be forthcoming from him, if I understand it right. 

His Twitter says he has a new venture coming June 2022. Not sure if it is fantasy football related though. He seems really big into Gamestop stock and "to the moon" memes. He has a fantasy blog but he hasn't posted on it since February and that was just a list of real early FFPC Best Ball ADP. 

Leroy won me about $325 on New Years Day 1989. At the time I was making $1200 a month.

:lmao:

Let me back up. I was in the USN, and bet a few too many Southern California shipmates. We were underway in the Med and only got sporadic updates. The teletype gave the halftime score: USC 14, UofM 3. Didn’t get another update for like 4 hours. I think I lost about 10 pounds before we found out the Wolverines won 22-14 behind Hoard’s two TDs. 

That game cured me for life, I basically gave up gambling after that.

Wait, what?? With the way this site has gone the past few years, I have questioned signing up. The content just hasn't been as good.

Had I known Dodds was gone I would not have joined. 

Wait, what?? With the way this site has gone the past few years, I have questioned signing up. The content just hasn't been as good.
I was actually just thinking there was more useful content this year. To each his own I guess. :shrug:

I'm relatively new to the site having used it only for the last 5 or so years. The draft and league dominator have both been fantastic and have helped me be quite successful in FF - it almost felt like cheating. I wonder how much Dodds' work went into those tools and how good they will be without him.

Based on the new podcasts put out by The Audible it seems FBG is more interested in hiring young marketing pros than football guys - Pat Fitzmaurice excluded. Will always enjoy listening to Waldman, Bloom, and Dr Jene, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread