What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

bayouheat (1 Viewer)

bayouheat

Footballguy
So, what will be Sony Michels role with the Rams early on? I know Akers is gone for the season. But D.Henderson is there. The reason I ask is I’m in a dynasty league an have been offered 2 3rd round picks next year in a a 12 team league. Let me hear from you guys! Thanks 

Hmm, that's a tough one, I feel like neither one had a whole lot of value to be honest. If you're good to go at RB, I'd take the picks. If you're desperate at RB, I'd keep Michel. And if you're in between good to go and desperate, I'd be on the fence.

2 3rd rounders don't excite me much. Maybe counter with Michel and a 3rd/4th for a 2nd round pick. Or look to see if there is a player you like on his team.

those are dart throws but sometimes they can be good for sweeteners in other deals down the road.  i am not expecting earth shattering production from Michel but he is likely to be flex worthy at times.  Without knowing your RB depth its hard to say if he should be moved for that package.  If you don't need him at all I think its an ok offer but I would probably hold and see how things shake out the first few weeks.  Injuries change things in a hurry and Michel might have more value than the picks if things break right.  

I've heard alot of him possibly being the 1a not the b, but at the same time Michel probably won't ever be more than a Flex option or injury fill in. That said 3rds are usually pretty Meh for picks. you CAN get a decent guy, but the hit rate that late in the draft is low.

As everyone else has said it depends on your situation. If your competitive and don't have a ton of RB depth, then I'ld keep Michel for now. If you're stacked at RB anyway then it's a consideration. (However, if you ARE considering doing it, I'ld try to up the offer and see if you can't get a 2nd in there instead as it really is an underwhelming offer.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must add that our dynasty league is IDP as well. So a couple early 3’s are even better that we have IDP’s have gone in the 1st rnd. 

That def changes things. Having D guys in the draft as well deepens it obviously.

Same answer though, if competitive and could use the depth I'ld still keep him, but if you don't need him then yea, grab the picks!

I am 100% on board with trading Michel away and getting as much as you can for him, but wait until he shows a good game and I think you'll be able to get more than 2 thirds. 

Users who are viewing this thread