What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Brought The kOOks Out Of The wOOdWork? (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Every day, more and more. We've repudiated science, gone mad with party.

It's not even end times, and the doomsayers and heuristic holistic-lovers are coming out the woodwork. What do we do with these kOOks? Apparently, celebrate their diversity and voice at the table.

I say no. That we don't allow that. But I am but a voice, and apparently the kOOks will have their day, everywhere.

Do me a favor, politically. Repudiate a kOOk. It's the thing to do.

Every day, more and more. We've repudiated science, gone mad with party.

It's not even end times, and the doomsayers and heuristic holistic-lovers are coming out the woodwork. What do we do with these kOOks? Apparently, celebrate their diversity and voice at the table.

I say no. That we don't allow that. But I am but a voice, and apparently the kOOks will have their day, everywhere.

Do me a favor, politically. Repudiate a kOOk. It's the thing to do.

I'm with you.    :thumbup:

The kooks and freaks need to stay in the shadows where they belong.  If Social Media has taught us anything, it's that giving everyone a voice is not necessarily a good thing.  Turns out, people suck when you give them a voice.

k00k. I remember k00k

that was a damn good alias you had there
No alias. That was a guy who claimed his name was "Todd Andrews." He saw fit to criticize normal Republicans as kOOks. I agree with his assessment of the spelling and syntax of the word, if not his original diagnosis. He thought guys like Mitt Romney were k00ks and that everyone left of Lenin was just fine. I remember it because it annoyed me so. Now, unfortunately, kOOkdom is a ruling fiefdom, in charge of both parties.

So it has come to pass that the real k00ks are in charge. The k00ks must go.

I’m reminded all the time that the average IQ is 100. Average.  That means a whole bunch of people under that number.  As a nation of 340 million people that’s quite the scary thought.   

No alias. That was a guy who claimed his name was "Todd Andrews." He saw fit to criticize normal Republicans as kOOks. I agree with his assessment of the spelling and syntax of the word, if not his original diagnosis. He thought guys like Mitt Romney were k00ks and that everyone left of Lenin was just fine. I remember it because it annoyed me so. Now, unfortunately, kOOkdom is a ruling fiefdom, in charge of both parties.

Todd was A-ok in my book. He reminded me of an Ed Anger character  for the left. Anger “penned” a column I had to read weekly in Poly science 101 as a freshman so many years ago

I remember  Todd Andrews.  I have no idea who you think is running a fiefdom.  Maybe I need to channel  my internal spaghetti monster.

If you think kook Republicans are the problem  of this country I'd say you aren't paying attention.    But perhaps I'm missing your point.

That said, while pragmatism, science, and common sense are the way out of our current predicament, I have seen the future, and the kOOks are correct. People like AOC are right about automation and the permanent non-working class. People like the strictest of strict libertarians have been right that any centralization of government has led to the inevitable loss of power by the populace and further government intrusion. The kOOks said that CRA Act of '64 would lead to decisions in the courts about busing, and they were correct. The kOOks said that war in Afghanistan was futile and that we would be repudiated, suffering a worse disaster than if we had left it alone, and they were correct, too.

Kiss a kOOk today, for tomorrow you will be indebted.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's time to stop patting them on the head and pretending their ignorant positions and conspiracy theories are legitimate points of view that deserve to be heard and legitimized.

It's going to be hard to ignore them when they're emboldened to run in school board elections. 

I remember  Todd Andrews.  I have no idea who you think is running a fiefdom.  Maybe I need to channel  my internal spaghetti monster.

If you think kook Republicans are the problem  of this country I'd say you aren't paying attention.    But perhaps I'm missing your point.
I think the kOOk Republicans are a more immediate threat to our way of life, security, and happiness than kOOk Democrats. But the kOOk Democrats are in the running for some serious kOOkdom labeling, that's for sure.

I think the kOOk Republicans are a more immediate threat to our way of life, security, and happiness than kOOk Democrats. But the kOOk Democrats are in the running for some serious kOOkdom labeling, that's for sure.
Well I appreciate  your position.    I just think you are wrong.    The authoritarian bent that runs through American politics is based in the Democrat party.

I find the unveiled delegitimizing of an election purposefully designed to sow doubt in the election process to be terrifying and unworthy of any support by true Americans  Add in a more aggressive lean towards gerrymandering and gross voting restrictions. Yikes! Who wants that? Talk about authoritarian. I guess we're in a choose your own KOOk adventure. 

I find the unveiled delegitimizing of an election purposefully designed to sow doubt in the election process to be terrifying and unworthy of any support by true Americans  Add in a more aggressive lean towards gerrymandering and gross voting restrictions. Yikes! Who wants that? Talk about authoritarian. I guess we're in a choose your own KOOk adventure. 
True Americans?   Who are you talking about?

Page 57 was where we went from election targeting and strategies to a choice between Page 88 about increased IRS funding with the acknowledgement of political targeting or Page 127 where we see partisan audits in action.

It's a choose your own method of tyranny, from Form 1098 interpretation to Bamboo-style evaluation. Your pick, kwille!

I think that people who purposefully engage in sowing doubt in election integrity without merit for political gain are not true Americans.
Who is doing that?   You mean Hillary?    Saying the Russians elected Trump with a few Facebook posts?    

Who is doing that?   You mean Hillary?    Saying the Russians elected Trump with a few Facebook posts?    
Sure. That's also an example. It seems to have found a forever home and in a more virulent form in today's GOP. I'm not a political fan boy and refuse to excuse HRCs behavior. There's a lot of it going around. People who crap on election integrity and support those who do so are the suck in my opinion. I don't want to pollute the thread with this tangent.

Sure. That's also an example. It seems to have found a forever home and in a more virulent form in today's GOP. I'm not a political fan boy and refuse to excuse HRCs behavior. There's a lot of it going around. People who crap on election integrity and support those who do so are the suck in my opinion. I don't want to pollute the thread with this tangent.
Well every election should be audited.  It should be part of how we do things.    

I keep reading the title of this thread thinking it’s a thread about woodworking.  I get excited every time, only to be let down 1 second later….

I’m reminded all the time that the average IQ is 100. Average.  That means a whole bunch of people under that number.  As a nation of 340 million people that’s quite the scary thought.   

and they can vote in elections - even scarier isn't it ?

Users who are viewing this thread