What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

Its redundent at this point.

You like him....or you don't.

I would rather have a guy taking a chance, than taking a sack.

Its redundent at this point.You like him....or you don't.I would rather have a guy taking a chance, than taking a sack.
I'd rather have a QB take 5 sacks than throw 5 picks. He just doesn't make good decisions. He has talent, but he's got no discipline.

Its redundent at this point.You like him....or you don't.I would rather have a guy taking a chance, than taking a sack.
terrible logic. A qb is not judged simply by how many sacks vs. picks he has. His decision making is just terrible, his timing is terrible, in that he'll throw a terrible pick when they're in fieldgoal range/redzone, etc. His supporting cast is not the greatest, but that excuse will only get you so far. He is a terribly immature qb at this stage. ALL he has going for him is a big arm, that is ALL. Every other aspect of his game, including his leadership and personality, leave a lot to be desired...

terrible logic. A qb is not judged simply by how many sacks vs. picks he has. His decision making is just terrible, his timing is terrible, in that he'll throw a terrible pick when they're in fieldgoal range/redzone, etc. His supporting cast is not the greatest, but that excuse will only get you so far. He is a terribly immature qb at this stage. ALL he has going for him is a big arm, that is ALL. Every other aspect of his game, including his leadership and personality, leave a lot to be desired...
See vs Pittsburgh, See vs Seattle.....b/c he had that going for him.Terrible logic....again you assume what you want by it.QB's are judged by numbers.Its not the end of the world.....like YOU are assuming. He is learning with a bad oline and young supporting cast that will be with him for years. Maybe they aren't the team this season.....but this season will go a long ways in terms of experience playing together.

annoyed. 2.87 pts in a critical battle of the top 2 teams in my division. 5 ints just can't happen.. Worst part is that 3 of the picks weren't his fault, so he won't adjust his style. But the GL int was wretched. And was a rookie mistake. He is playing like a guy who knows he is better than NFL d's, and that his rocket arm can overcome anything. No pump fakes, no look offs, just tracking 1-2 guys and GUNNING it wen he feels they are open. You can't do that vs quality NFL schemes/players.

:kicksrock:

See vs Pittsburgh, See vs Seattle.....b/c he had that going for him.Terrible logic....again you assume what you want by it.QB's are judged by numbers.Its not the end of the world.....like YOU are assuming. He is learning with a bad oline and young supporting cast that will be with him for years. Maybe they aren't the team this season.....but this season will go a long ways in terms of experience playing together.
Well said. The oline is a problem that will get fixed. The WRs were a huge known problem this year for the Bears. I'm happy that QB is not an issue for a long time. And I really find it hilarious that the Cutler haters on this board are so obsessed with him. Hate away. He's definitely appreciated by the Bears fans even when he has tough games like this one. The last INT was an ugly one and I'm not happy about it, but I have faith that he and the team will grow especially as his supporting cast improves.

WTF was that last pick? He had time to put it through the back of the endzone and take another shot...
He almost had room to RUN it through the back of the end zone.
Running it would clearly have been the worst possible decision. He wouldn't have gotten in the end zone and the clock would have ticked to zero.
yeah, throwing the int was definitely a better decision.
Neither running or throwing was the right choice. Throwing it away was the right choice.

WTF was that last pick? He had time to put it through the back of the endzone and take another shot...
Running it would clearly have been the worst possible decision. He wouldn't have gotten in the end zone and the clock would have ticked to zero.
Neither running or throwing was the right choice. Throwing it away was the right choice.
dude, lighten up. you think he was serious?

dude, lighten up. you think he was serious?
:thumbup: Natrone means business AND he is mean.

I'm surprised to see that I'm the first person here tonight and we're already in the 4th quarter. I was expecting 2 new pages before halftime.
Exactly. I thought this thread would have exploded by now. I was going up against SF DEF and the "Frown Cannon" screwed me.

Chicago Quarterback fun facts:

In 8 games Jay Cutler has had just as many interceptions as Kyle Orton had ALL of last season. Today in his 9th game, he threw 5 more. Raising his tally to 17 on the year. I'm so happy we have a franchise Quarterback. :thumbup:

On a similar note. Rex Grossman only maxed out at 20 INTS in a season. (Granted he took us to the Super Bowl that year.) Cutler is on pace to nearly DOUBLE Grossman's INT numbers.

52 passing attempts is probably too many in a 10-6 game.

The offensive coordinator should not be retained.

Cutler is now on pace for 600 attempts, which, if reached, would be the 21st time in league history that has happened.

Cutler won the 9 spot last year with 616 attempts.

Why can't Turner ever just call some run plays and then some play action? I think that stuff might work if they tried it.

I understand when you're down by 28. I don't understand it when you're down by 1.

annoyed. 2.87 pts in a critical battle of the top 2 teams in my division. 5 ints just can't happen.. Worst part is that 3 of the picks weren't his fault, so he won't adjust his style. But the GL int was wretched. And was a rookie mistake. He is playing like a guy who knows he is better than NFL d's, and that his rocket arm can overcome anything. No pump fakes, no look offs, just tracking 1-2 guys and GUNNING it wen he feels they are open. You can't do that vs quality NFL schemes/players.

:lmao:
The lawyer makes a great point here. I only saw pieces of the game at work but it seems to me Cutler has to really start working hard to improve this part of his game. He has tons of natural talent but does himself no favor by locking on a rec and not looking off the Defense. The coaches should have this guy working on pump fakes all day at practice. Look at film of Manning, it's not rocket surgery. Having said that, his future is quite a bit brighter than Mr. Orton. Can't believe there are people who think Denver came out on top of this trade. Even after a night like tonight it's not close. At this time next year there will be a thread that is the polar opposite of this one.

Personally I'm hoping Cutler only shows limited improvement for the balance of this season. Love to snag him at QB2 next August.

people get so hyped up on this guy's supposed talent. i just don't see it.

i think he makes bad decisions repeatedly. will he outgrow that? who knows. but if he throws two passes away today, the bears win 12-10. but he doesn't. he makes stupid, stupid decisions.

I've been as big of a Cutler defender as anyone, but those red zone INTs were terrible; totally inexcusable. What else can you say? This is not a good Bears team. They have talent at a few positions, but they don't look well coached and aren't disciplined at all. Cutler needs some kind of QB guru to come in here next year and really work on the mental aspect of the game with him. It's obvious the physical talent is there, but he makes decisions that make you go :lmao: way too often.

This is going to be a long second half of the season for us Bears fans and what's worse, probably a long couple years because this isn't a young team and we don't have a lot of draft picks next year. Turner is gone after this year, but it's going to take another whole year of this misery before they will fire Lovie. Hopefully they can bring in a more offensive-minded coach next time.

I've been as big of a Cutler defender as anyone, but those red zone INTs were terrible; totally inexcusable. What else can you say? This is not a good Bears team. They have talent at a few positions, but they don't look well coached and aren't disciplined at all. Cutler needs some kind of QB guru to come in here next year and really work on the mental aspect of the game with him. It's obvious the physical talent is there, but he makes decisions that make you go :lmao: way too often. This is going to be a long second half of the season for us Bears fans and what's worse, probably a long couple years because this isn't a young team and we don't have a lot of draft picks next year. Turner is gone after this year, but it's going to take another whole year of this misery before they will fire Lovie. Hopefully they can bring in a more offensive-minded coach next time.
Mike Shanahan on line 2. Please pick up.

Thank you Bears for signing Cutlersigned Minnesota Vikings
And what will the Vikings do after they do not win the SB again this year and do not have a QB again next year? 3 of the 5 ints today were not Cutler's fault. The issues with the Bears are with the OL and the secondary. Losing Urlacher has obviously hurt the D too. Much easier to fix those issues than find a QB in this league. You should know; your Vikings had every part of the team covered except QB and they could not get anywhere without that position filled. The Saints will easily beat the Vikings this year if it gets to that....then what will your team do next year? Back to Tavaris Jackson?

And what will the Vikings do after they do not win the SB again this year and do not have a QB again next year? 3 of the 5 ints today were not Cutler's fault. The issues with the Bears are with the OL and the secondary. Losing Urlacher has obviously hurt the D too. Much easier to fix those issues than find a QB in this league. You should know; your Vikings had every part of the team covered except QB and they could not get anywhere without that position filled. The Saints will easily beat the Vikings this year if it gets to that....then what will your team do next year? Back to Tavaris Jackson?
:bitter:

Not really. The acquisition of Cutler by the Bears was not just for this year. It was for the next decade Give him a decent OL and then you will see what happens. I expected this to be a year for the O to sync up with Cutler anyways. I am pleased that Hester, Knox and Bennett have all progressed this year. So hopefully if the Bears fix the OL some this off season, then with Urlacher back next year, I expect a playoff year. With Orton the Bears would be winless right now probably ....

Blah Blah Blah Cutler Blah Blah Blah .....INT Blah Blah O line Blah Blah No WR, Blah

Seriously these posts will go on forever. Nobody cares what anyone else post. What is the point of posting its kind of stupid, people just either refute your response or or give you a :goodposting: sign. we are so idotic.

BTW Cutler is a Stubborn great athlete unwilling to adjust to reality that everyone on his team sucks, which makes him kind of football ######ed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I would wish it on Cutler or Bears fans, of course, but how do we even know that a year from now, Cutler won't be facing jail time or a league suspension for a DUI? Dude probably likes to party/drink harder than the average three people on these boards, and you have to believe he's in the league's substance abuse program.N.F.L. = Not For Long. Cutler could be a top 8-10 QB in the NFL for the next decade. Or he could be the next guy to wash out and drink all his money away. If you think you know which it will be, any chance you can give me a few stock tips too? :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. The acquisition of Cutler by the Bears was not just for this year. It was for the next decade Give him a decent OL and then you will see what happens. I expected this to be a year for the O to sync up with Cutler anyways. I am pleased that Hester, Knox and Bennett have all progressed this year. So hopefully if the Bears fix the OL some this off season, then with Urlacher back next year, I expect a playoff year. With Orton the Bears would be winless right now probably ....
Pretty delusional here. Unless you're the only one who thought the Bears were entering a rebuilding year when they traded for a franchise QB. Maybe you are. But I'm guessing you're just a delusional, bitter homer who can't admit how disappointed you are.

Sure, why not... you lose like 5-6, maybe 8 or 8 yards on a sack. And if it's 3rd down, you kick a FG or punt.You lose possession when you throw a pick. And usually they get better field possession than if you'd punted. I can see why you'd prefer him throwing a pick. :goodposting:

Trivia question for you guys... has any receiver been targetted 14+ times in a game like Hester was tonight and only bagged 4 points for his trouble?

'Cause that's an awful stat for a guy that's been super-consistent since Week 2 (the game Devin was being double-covered by the World Champs and Knox blew up).

The only name that comes to mind is Ted Ginn Jr. (Or Braylon Butterfingers last season).

I just want someone to explain to me how the Bears got significantly worse in the offseason... they stayed pretty set on D, they "upgraded" their OL, they drafted receiving threats, their rookies form last year developed, and they signed a "franchise" QB...

...and they suck.

Last year it was "all" the QBs fault.... :goodposting:

I just want someone to explain to me how the Bears got significantly worse in the offseason... they stayed pretty set on D, they "upgraded" their OL, they drafted receiving threats, their rookies form last year developed, and they signed a "franchise" QB...

...and they suck.

Last year it was "all" the QBs fault.... :goodposting:
Sync-up

year.

I just want someone to explain to me how the Bears got significantly worse in the offseason... they stayed pretty set on D, they "upgraded" their OL, they drafted receiving threats, their rookies form last year developed, and they signed a "franchise" QB......and they suck.Last year it was "all" the QBs fault.... :goodposting:
well that qb last year still sucks

Not that I would wish it on Cutler or Bears fans, of course, but how do we even know that a year from now, Cutler won't be facing jail time or a league suspension for a DUI? Dude probably likes to party/drink harder than the average three people on these boards, and you have to believe he's in the league's substance abuse program.N.F.L. = Not For Long. Cutler could be a top 8-10 QB in the NFL for the next decade. Or he could be the next guy to wash out and drink all his money away. If you think you know which it will be, any chance you can give me a few stock tips too? :shrug:
Do you have inside info that Cutler is an alcoholic? Maybe he is, or maybe hes a young man in his mid 20s that likes to go out and get wasted every once in awhile.

I just want someone to explain to me how the Bears got significantly worse in the offseason... they stayed pretty set on D, they "upgraded" their OL, they drafted receiving threats, their rookies form last year developed, and they signed a "franchise" QB......and they suck.Last year it was "all" the QBs fault.... :shrug:
I guess losing Urlacher means nothing. It's not like he is a probowl player or anything. Maybe now the folks who thought Urlacher was over-rated will learn something.

Not that I would wish it on Cutler or Bears fans, of course, but how do we even know that a year from now, Cutler won't be facing jail time or a league suspension for a DUI? Dude probably likes to party/drink harder than the average three people on these boards, and you have to believe he's in the league's substance abuse program.N.F.L. = Not For Long. Cutler could be a top 8-10 QB in the NFL for the next decade. Or he could be the next guy to wash out and drink all his money away. If you think you know which it will be, any chance you can give me a few stock tips too? :shrug:
Nobody knows for sure, but I will take my chances of what you said not happening to the Bears and instead, the Vikings having no QB next year. What would you bet on?

I just want someone to explain to me how the Bears got significantly worse in the offseason... they stayed pretty set on D, they "upgraded" their OL, they drafted receiving threats, their rookies form last year developed, and they signed a "franchise" QB......and they suck.Last year it was "all" the QBs fault.... :shrug:
I guess losing Urlacher means nothing. It's not like he is a probowl player or anything. Maybe now the folks who thought Urlacher was over-rated will learn something.
If you ask me the bears were clearly heading for a rebuild anyway last season. All the bashing on cutler (i do it myself) and the truth is he is a very talented QB and not a bad building block. It will be unfortunate that they will miss out on their first rounder in 2010.

Pretty delusional here. Unless you're the only one who thought the Bears were entering a rebuilding year when they traded for a franchise QB. Maybe you are. But I'm guessing you're just a delusional, bitter homer who can't admit how disappointed you are.
There is no worse word in football than rebuilding. Everyone rebuilds every year....what does rebuilding mean anyways? Only one team won the SB last year and only one will his year....every one else is rebuilding I guess. Are the Cards rebuilding this year? What about the Steelers? Considering teams go from 2 wins to playoffs (see Dolphins or Falcons last year) and teams go from SB participants to missing the playoffs completely the next year, maybe you should realize that everyone rebuilds every year or no one does. I expected the Bears to contend for the playoffs this year. They are still in the race for that in a weak NFC, but now they will have to beat Philly next week and rack up a few more wins besides the Rams and Lions. I expected the OL to be better this year and that has definitely been a disappointment this year. I expected the WRs to be worse and they have actually played better....

Users who are viewing this thread