What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on sushi being the first date meal?

It's really my go to at this point. Typically you share which makes for easy conversation about the meal, you get the fun of seeing who is better with chopsticks (or not at all). If they like sushi, then there is great discussion about what to get. If they have never had sushi, you can look great ordering for the both of you.
If she's non-Asian, yes it'd be a good first date. If she's Asian, then no cuz she's probably been on many sushi first dates and may be tired of them.
Yeah that would be kind of racist to take an asian to a sushi place lol
:confused: Not at all. It's not so much a racial thing as it is a sick-and-tired of it thing.
:shrug:

My girl is half korean... took her for sushi on our first date. I went with seaweed salad, softshell crab roll, and beef tataki just to mess with her.

12 years later... we still go for sushi 2-3x a month. Not all asian cultures are sushi-centric.
Look at me i date a Korean ;) (tell her i said herro by the way)
FYP

ETA: jk GB[ ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sushi is always a good choice whether or not your date is Oriental. Clean food that is relatively light. Add a few bottles of sake to the mix and youre likely going for drinks after #pantiesdrop

I'd avoid heavy or messy food. No steak/red wine or eating stuff like tacos (the pink variety are fine).

Sushi is always a good choice whether or not your date is Oriental. Clean food that is relatively light. Add a few bottles of sake to the mix and youre likely going for drinks after #pantiesdrop

I'd avoid heavy or messy food. No steak/red wine or eating stuff like tacos (the pink variety are fine).
Breaking this rule tonight as we are going for Mexican. Might just stick with nachos and margaritas.

Is it allowable to drink wine on a first date or are you required to go beer / liquor?
Shtick? Wine is perfectly acceptable and probably preferred most of the time.

And all of this dinner stuff on dates #1 and #2 is amateur hour. First 2 dates should be drinks only. Date 3+ (if they make it that far) is when you start to go into dinner territory.

It's really my go to at this point. Typically you share which makes for easy conversation about the meal, you get the fun of seeing who is better with chopsticks (or not at all). If they like sushi, then there is great discussion about what to get. If they have never had sushi, you can look great ordering for the both of you.
Having a good working knowledge of types of sushi (sashimi, nigiri, maki, etc), components of sushi (nori, roe, types of fish, etc), types of sake (hot aka garbage, vs nice cold unfiltered sake like Nigori, Snow Beauty, etc), and an overall knowledge of protocol/traditions make for compelling conversation and can impart some perceived worldliness/value in the eyes of most women. Most know they like it.. but don't know a ton of detail.

Of course you have to be able to pull it off with some charisma... and not come off as some sushi-tool putting on a clinic ;)
Jesus Christ, don't listen to Kenny Powers.

Disco Stu said:
TL,DR: Cool date with cool married chick. Husband approved. Made out, no sex. Maybe next time.
Having dinner with married chick tonight. Schedules have been off the last week or so. She also asked if I want to come to her house on Saturday night for pizza and a movie while her husband is out on a date.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
I don't know man, I think I would steer clear. Or if you do see her again, I wouldn't go to their house. You hear these stories all the time, husband is hiding the closet, attacks the dude, ties him down and cornholes the living #### out of him while the wife records it all on video.That's the kind of stuff I do NOT miss about dating.
I'd be more concerned that the movie is Frozen, and she's asking you to babysit so she can also go on a date.
and this is her baby?

Keerock said:
sbonomo said:
" post="17101979" timestamp="1408042954"]
EYLive said:
Greggity said:
EYLive said:
Bogart said:

If she's non-Asian, yes it'd be a good first date. If she's Asian, then no cuz she's probably been on many sushi first dates and may be tired of them.
:confused: Not at all. It's not so much a racial thing as it is a sick-and-tired of it thing.

My girl is half korean... took her for sushi on our first date. I went with seaweed salad, softshell crab roll, and beef tataki just to mess with her.

12 years later... we still go for sushi 2-3x a month. Not all asian cultures are sushi-centric.
Look at me i date a Korean ;) (tell her i said herro by the way)
FYPETA: jk GB[ ;)

Icon's GF tricked me when she answered the phone.

She had no accent.

It's probably a trick like Elton john sounding American only when he sings.

Got a weird voice message last night around 11:30.

All it said was, "Hi. This is.." and then hung up. She sounded very sexy. I have no idea who it was. I typically delete numbers from girls I've met that I know aren't going anywhere.

Anyway, I Googled the phone number which was of no help. Are there any other avenues to look up who might have left the message?
Update?
I sent a text that said "Who is this?"

Never heard anything back. :shrug:
Just got a text from this number:

"Who is this? Because you tested me before but I didn't answer"

not sure how to respond here.

All it said was, "Hi. This is.." and then hung up. She sounded very sexy. I have no idea who it was. I typically delete numbers from girls I've met that I know aren't going anywhere.

Anyway, I Googled the phone number which was of no help. Are there any other avenues to look up who might have left the message?
Update?

Ask if it wants to go on a naked date?

Update?

Test? If a train headed east at 20 miles an hour...

Re: Oriental

My best friend and ex was Chinese.

I once was dropping her off for work and getting her something to eat. I forget what the context was but I used the word ORIENTAL. I later apologized and said something about how I had heard that that term was offensive.

She laughed, said that I was misinformed and it was not the least bit objectionable.

Have three good dates lined up for the rest of the week. Honestly interested in all of them which is unusual. I wish they were a bit more spread out, but I can't really pass on any of these. Given how idating usually goes, one of them will get canceled or postponed so they may spread out on their own.

On another subject. Not sure if this has been discussed yet in this thread, but why are there so many scammy looking profiles on match. I'm seeing a lot of these 30 year old hot chicks that only have one photo and are have a target age range for much older guys. I quickly move on past these, but I'm wondering if it is just some scam where someone is making money off this somehow? Weird.
How do you people get so many dates? Seriously?

I've been floating around a bunch of different sites and keep getting the crazies and nothing else.

Lately been trying Zoosk. It sucks.

I must have a crappy profile.
How do you not get many dates? When I was on match and pof a couple months ago I had one every day of the week. I'm 47 so I'm sure we have the same age range (38-50)
i guess it's time to try match and pay for it.

although, i am hindered by my lack of height (only 5-7) and a lot of the profiles i looked at of women 5-2 to 5-4 all wanted someone 6-0 tall at least

Look at me i date a Korean ;) (tell her i said hello by the way)
:lol:

She said hey and looks forward to seeing you guys again next year!

although, i am hindered by my lack of height (only 5-7) and a lot of the profiles i looked at of women 5-2 to 5-4 all wanted someone 6-0 tall at least
Two factors at play post likely:

1) women like to be able to wear heels (3-4" boost)

2) women know men lie about their height. 5'10"? Claim 6'.

You can either play the game and post as 5'9" to get past filtered searches, or not.

TL,DR: Cool date with cool married chick. Husband approved. Made out, no sex. Maybe next time.
Having dinner with married chick tonight. Schedules have been off the last week or so. She also asked if I want to come to her house on Saturday night for pizza and a movie while her husband is out on a date.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
Dinner happened Thursday night. Went well. Was more like a real date, there were zero questions about her marriage. Saturday night did NOT happen as she was sick with a cold. Will reschedule somewhere down the road.

Also having a truly blind date Saturday afternoon (before pizza, movie and my cornhole violation). No online profile, very few details. Friend of a coworkers wife. I'm more nervous about this one.

All I know is that she is 40 and a workout freak.
This worked out well. Great first date. Went sushi and she loved it. By far, physically, the best looking girl I have dated, even if she is a bit older. (She is probably 42-43, most of the girl I have been dating are between 29-36). She is 5'10", and maybe 125 lbs. Super, super thin and very toned arms and legs. Perky small C cups. I was pleasantly surprised. Conversation was very friendly, quite a bit in common, but didn't get too deep in any one area. Lunch lasted about 90 mins then we went our separate ways with promises of a second date.

Will be very curious to see how this goes.

Two factors at play post likely:

1) women like to be able to wear heels (3-4" boost)

2) women know men lie about their height. 5'10"? Claim 6'.

You can either play the game and post as 5'9" to get past filtered searches, or not.
I'd rather not play games like that

TL:DR version....I said something mean/stupid that may or may not have prevented me from getting laid.

So this isn't an Idating question, but I'm really not in the mood to start a new thread about it. This is more of a "How badly did I misplay this" situation..

So my buddies and I went in on a vacation house last week. 4 guys for the whole week plus 1 fiance, 1 girlfriend and the fiance's friend. I'm one of the 2 single guys. Fiance's friend is a nice girl (and in good shape since she runs a ton and does triathlons) but she's not really my type at all (too muscular). A couple of days in, the friend tells us that a friend of hers (so my buddy's fiance's friend's friend if you're following at home) is going to come out for a day. The friend is fresh out of grad school and about move out West but she's in the area for a few days to see some family.

The friend shows up on Friday morning (last full day of the trip). Super cute chick with a tight body (despite not having a ton up top). Definitely someone I would go for other than 1 minor detail....she's engaged. From what I was able to gather, she and the fiance were supposed to get married earlier in the summer (before he moved out West, which is where she's going) but decided to delay. Her reasoning is that they can't really afford it yet (she's a student. He has a lousy job that will never pay him anything) but the friend (who had been with us all week) indicated that there were other factors at play. All that being said, I'm not the kind of dude that goes and tries to #### someone's fiance just because he's not around, so I mostly just exchange small talk with her while we're chilling at the beach for the day.

Evening rolls around and the drinks start flowing. We have dinner and start knocking back wine/beer. Everyone's 5 or 6 drinks deep by the time we decide to head out to the bar. Again, we've been friendly with each other all day but nothing sexual at all. That changes in a hurry once we get to the bar. Once we walk in the door, this girl is all over me. She's dancing on me, pulling me in close to take pictures, buying me drinks, constantly touching my face, chest and arms, etc. Basically, she's doing everything short of kissing me or grabbing my junk to let me know that its go time. At this point I'm sort of playing along but not getting aggressive about it at all. In the back of my head, I can't shake the feeling that this is just a young drunk girl blowing off some steam because she's gone a while without some male attention (hadn't seen the fiance in a month or so). But while my mind is telling me "this is a lame move" my #### is telling me to take a swing. She's not getting any negative feedback from her friend (you know that move where a girl will pull her friend aside for a quick "you sure you wanna do this?") and pretty much everyone in the group is giving me looks that say "go ahead and close".

So like 12:30 rolls around and I basically decide that its #### or get off the pot time. I'm not about to spend the entire night getting #### teased only to make a move and get the "I have a fiance" thrown in my face. So semi-drunk me decides to throw out a feeler. Details are sort of sketchy (I'm 10 drinks deep at this point after a day of getting baked in the sun) but I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of "Are you sure you're ready to get married? You're way too much fun". I figure that if there's any chance of this happening, her response to this will give me the green light....

She's goes super quiet for a couple of minutes, grabs her phone and walks out the patio of the bar. Obviously I know right away that I screwed up. I clearly spooked her and she's obviously calling the fiance. I eventually make my way out to make sure she's ok and apologize (she says "Its fine" and that she's not mad at me, but that's obviously crap) and then head back inside. Eventually, I decide to make an early exit (bar is closing in 15 minutes anyway) to avoid her coming back in and causing a scene. During my walk home, her friend texts to assure me that she's ok and not to worry about, but I'm pretty pissed at myself. I'm thinking this was just about the ####tiest thing I could have said to someone who just postponed their wedding and is clearly having doubts. Real **** move on my part and I know it.

The group makes it home like a 1/2 hour later and the 2 girls (the girl and her friend) come straight down to my room. She starts going into this whole speech about how she isn't mad and me and that she's just a naturally flirty/open person and that its not a big deal at all. She apologizes to me for messing up the night and gives me a hug. We eventually end up going to bed (separately, obviously) without any further incidents. She leaves early the next morning with a very casual good bye.

So basically, after all that, I'm asking the following....

How ####ty is it to sleep with some other dude's fiance when

A) you don't know him

B) you'll likely never see the girl again

C) they're clearly having problems and probably won't end up married anyway (In my opinion)

D) She's clearly the aggressor.

Does it matter if you're both drunk and her friend isn't doing anything to stop her?

A) you don't know him

C) they're clearly having problems and probably won't end up married anyway (In my opinion)

Does it matter if you're both drunk and her friend isn't doing anything to stop her?
I always shied away in these situations and even got pissed when I found out later that a girl I hooked up with was married or had a bf. That's just me; plenty of guys have no issue with it. Seems like your conscience was bothering you all night, so you put it out there. In my opinion you did the right thing. She could've said, actually, the relationship with the fiancé is on shaky ground anyway, then given you the green light. But she didn't. She still cares about the dude. We can put aside how thoughtless it is to forget about your fiancé all night until someone brings it up, but she was pretty drunk too. And I know plenty of people believe the onus falls only on the attached person, and if I turn it down they'd go bang someone else anyway. Just me personally, I think it's a #### move to bang someone else's chick. :shrug:

A) you don't know him

I always shied away in these situations and even got pissed when I found out later that a girl I hooked up with was married or had a bf. That's just me; plenty of guys have no issue with it. Seems like your conscience was bothering you all night, so you put it out there. In my opinion you did the right thing. She could've said, actually, the relationship with the fiancé is on shaky ground anyway, then given you the green light. But she didn't. She still cares about the dude. We can put aside how thoughtless it is to forget about your fiancé all night until someone brings it up, but she was pretty drunk too.And I know plenty of people believe the onus falls only on the attached person, and if I turn it down they'd go bang someone else anyway. Just me personally, I think it's a #### move to bang someone else's chick. :shrug:
Yeah, this is kind where my head is at on this one. Their engagement probably isn't going to work out anyway (This girl was going way beyond just being "naturally flirty". She'll cheat eventually) but he still bought her a ring. If things were the other way around, I obviously wouldn't appreciate someone banging my drunk fiance (regardless of who initiated)

And although I'll never see this girl again, I do have to see other members of the group. We've got the wedding in a few weeks and I'd hate for 2 members of the bridal party to be gossiping about how I nailed their engaged friend 6 weeks ago. Plus, my other buddy's new girlfriend (who was the other girl on the trip for the week) seems intent on hooking me up with someone. (is desperately trying to get me to tag along to her sister's birthday party in NYC next month) So in that sense, I'd hate to go from "my boyfriend's single friend" to "that guy who nailed a drunk engaged girl at the shore". Long term, I'm pretty sure this was a good play.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
bweiser said:
Have three good dates lined up for the rest of the week. Honestly interested in all of them which is unusual. I wish they were a bit more spread out, but I can't really pass on any of these. Given how idating usually goes, one of them will get canceled or postponed so they may spread out on their own.

On another subject. Not sure if this has been discussed yet in this thread, but why are there so many scammy looking profiles on match. I'm seeing a lot of these 30 year old hot chicks that only have one photo and are have a target age range for much older guys. I quickly move on past these, but I'm wondering if it is just some scam where someone is making money off this somehow? Weird.
How do you people get so many dates? Seriously?

I've been floating around a bunch of different sites and keep getting the crazies and nothing else.

Lately been trying Zoosk. It sucks.

I must have a crappy profile.
How do you not get many dates? When I was on match and pof a couple months ago I had one every day of the week. I'm 47 so I'm sure we have the same age range (38-50)

I'm 5'8" and this was one of the reasons I got tired of Match. I was still able to get a fair number of dates though. The content in your profile is huge. Scroll back through the pages in this thread for some great profile tips.

Also, FWIW, I found much better success on eHarmony... You have to put in more work up front, but I had more dates and with higher quality chicks.

In the least shocking development ever, got a text from Poly Married Chick, basically saying thank you for being so nice to her, but that her marriage is over and she is not going to be available for a while.

Not shocked, just surprised it went down as quickly as it did.

In the least shocking development ever, got a text from Poly Married Chick, basically saying thank you for being so nice to her, but that her marriage is over and she is not going to be available for a while.

:lmao:

Wouldn't this allow her to be MORE available?

Wouldn't this allow her to be MORE available?
I quit trying to make sense of women a long time ago.

A) you don't know him

I always shied away in these situations and even got pissed when I found out later that a girl I hooked up with was married or had a bf. That's just me; plenty of guys have no issue with it. Seems like your conscience was bothering you all night, so you put it out there. In my opinion you did the right thing. She could've said, actually, the relationship with the fiancé is on shaky ground anyway, then given you the green light. But she didn't. She still cares about the dude. We can put aside how thoughtless it is to forget about your fiancé all night until someone brings it up, but she was pretty drunk too. And I know plenty of people believe the onus falls only on the attached person, and if I turn it down they'd go bang someone else anyway. Just me personally, I think it's a #### move to bang someone else's chick. :shrug:
Agree with all of this.

Update on the update: Poly Married Chick is now not getting divorced. But they are slowing things down. I will be exiting stage left.

Update on the update: Poly Married Chick is now not getting divorced. But they are slowing things down. I will be exiting stage left.
:shocked: Sounded like a good situation though, sorry it didn't work out.

Just had another woman start messaging me online and after 10 minutes drops the bomb - can you help me with money? WTF is it with these people?

changing all my profiles from separated to divorced

perhaps that will help
i think i put my status as "separated" but made it very clear in my profile that i was in the middle of finalizing my divorce. i'm in my early 40's and people expect those around my age to have baggage. some women would steer clear of me because i'm a) divorced/seperated, b) single dad with a young son, and/or c) both. there are always going to be filters. in the end, with online dating, it just comes to perseverance. you just have to keep at it.

changing all my profiles from separated to divorced

perhaps that will help
i think i put my status as "separated" but made it very clear in my profile that i was in the middle of finalizing my divorce. i'm in my early 40's and people expect those around my age to have baggage. some women would steer clear of me because i'm a) divorced/seperated, b) single dad with a young son, and/or c) both. there are always going to be filters. in the end, with online dating, it just comes to perseverance. you just have to keep at it.
"Keep ####### that chicken." :thumbup:

I am

alone

lost

terrified

in a forest

pain

deceit

death

Yeah, horrible pic notwithstanding, I'm all over that one. :lmao:

Some of the others are genuinely disturbing.

There is nothing more defeating than showing up to a date and the girl you are meeting weighs 20+ lbs more than her photos.

What is the ruling on putting your income info up on Match. I've always refrained, but I am wondering if it would be an interesting experiment to throw it up there for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread