What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most anticipated films of 2014 (1 Viewer)

Which film has you most excited?

• Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Robocop

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • 300: Rise of An Empire

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 43 21.7%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Votes: 20 10.1%
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past

Votes: 52 26.3%
  • 22 Jump Street

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Fast and the Furious 7

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Godzilla

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Gone Girl

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 30 15.2%

• Total voters

johnadams

Footballguy
Looking to get a sense of the FFA as to what they want to see in 2014. Multiple choices allowed. If other, let us know in the comments. Here's a link to all the movies currently slated for 2014 release.

Personally, I want to go against what I think the crowd will want, but I just can't. The Xmen film uses one of the first story lines that I really fell for in comics and I actually still have the original comics buried in a box in my basement. The original cover with different heros slain or apprehended is one of my all time favorite covers due in no small part to nostalgia.

Also, looking forward to 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand Budapest Hotel over any of those listed.

Not much into religious epics, but Noah and Exodus both have strong directors and casts, so I'm in for those.

Not much into religious epics, but Noah and Exodus both have strong directors and casts, so I'm in for those.
Love the old religious epics!

Didn't know those are coming out.
Yeah. Noah is directed/written by Aronofsky with Russell Crowe as Noah. Exodus is directed by Ridley Scott with Christian Bale as Moses. Supporting cast looks great in both movies too.

Yeah. Noah is directed/written by Aronofsky with Russell Crowe as Noah. Exodus is directed by Ridley Scott with Christian Bale as Moses. Supporting cast looks great in both movies too.
Nice!

Add them to the list!

Now I'm excited.

Interstellar
First little teaser for it. http://m.deadline.com/2013/12/hot-teaser-trailer-interstellar/

I was lucky enough to do some camera tests for it a few months age (trying to see if real space views will look better than CGI), but I was never available for when they were shooting it here, which just ended last week. One thing I'm interested to see about it is whether a wife in the movie will commit suicide. Most of Nolan's original movies have that happen, which is weird since his wife has been his producer since Memento. Should be outstanding, as well as Wally Pfister's Transcendance. Wally is Nolan's longtime DP who is directing his first film, produced by the Nolans and starring a few Nolan film alum.

X-Men is at the top as well, hoping Singer can turn it around from the less than impressive Wolverine outings. I also got to work with the DP and gaffer recently and got really excited after those chats, though the giant non-disclosure agreements they signed prevents spoilers.

Those 3, and Grand Budapest Hotel are the headliners for actually seeing in the theater. Hobbitt too since I missed outo n the 3D and/or HFR runs last time around.

Interstellar
First little teaser for it. http://m.deadline.com/2013/12/hot-teaser-trailer-interstellar/

I was lucky enough to do some camera tests for it a few months age (trying to see if real space views will look better than CGI), but I was never available for when they were shooting it here, which just ended last week. One thing I'm interested to see about it is whether a wife in the movie will commit suicide. Most of Nolan's original movies have that happen, which is weird since his wife has been his producer since Memento. Should be outstanding, as well as Wally Pfister's Transcendance. Wally is Nolan's longtime DP who is directing his first film, produced by the Nolans and starring a few Nolan film alum.

X-Men is at the top as well, hoping Singer can turn it around from the less than impressive Wolverine outings. I also got to work with the DP and gaffer recently and got really excited after those chats, though the giant non-disclosure agreements they signed prevents spoilers.

Those 3, and Grand Budapest Hotel are the headliners for actually seeing in the theater. Hobbitt too since I missed outo n the 3D and/or HFR runs last time around.
Sounds like there is a lot of DP action in the film industry

Went and saw Monuments Men last night.. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Lot's of :lol: moments, and some very serious moments.

If you are looking for a "action" film, this one is not for you.

But the story behind Finding the art and saving it was very well done and I look forward to see it again when it is released for streaming/DVD. :thumbup:

Im not a big bible fan but noah looks good. Looking forward to it coming out on bootleg

Went and saw Monuments Men last night.. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Lot's of :lol: moments, and some very serious moments.

If you are looking for a "action" film, this one is not for you.

But the story behind Finding the art and saving it was very well done and I look forward to see it again when it is released for streaming/DVD. :thumbup:
THis is a good one dealing with a similar theme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Train_(1964_film)

Missed Gone Girl the first time. Definitely will see that, probably in the theater. There and Back Again is 50/50. Little to no chance I ever see any of the others.

Lego Movie. Kids were pumped seeing the preview before frozen.
Took the kid to this last night. Fairly certain I enjoyed it more than she did. Really well done, very clever.
Went yesterday with my 10 y.o. Great movie. Haven't been to a funnier movie in a long time. We also sat in the "Box Seats" at a Cobb Theater. They move a bit and rattle and shake with the movie. (When the camera pans up, your seat tilts back; and when there is gunfire or an explosion your seat shakes) Very cool.

I agree that there are a tons of jokes that are aimed at the parents (NTTAWWT), but I've noticed that in many of the funny kids movies lately. They have to keep the parent's interested somehow!

Boyhood by Richard Linklater

Currently a 9.0 on IMDB, 100% fresh on RT (4 votes) and 96/100 on metacritic (not one under 80).

The Perfect 46

A geneticist creates a website that pairs an individual with their ideal genetic partner for children.

Looks to me like a prequel to Gattaca.

I'm not religious but I'll watch both of these.

Missed Gone Girl the first time. Definitely will see that, probably in the theater. There and Back Again is 50/50. Little to no chance I ever see any of the others.
21 Jump Street was great so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Pretty much have to watch The Hobbit and Hunger Games after seeing the first two.

Interstellar
First little teaser for it. http://m.deadline.com/2013/12/hot-teaser-trailer-interstellar/I was lucky enough to do some camera tests for it a few months age (trying to see if real space views will look better than CGI), but I was never available for when they were shooting it here, which just ended last week. One thing I'm interested to see about it is whether a wife in the movie will commit suicide. Most of Nolan's original movies have that happen, which is weird since his wife has been his producer since Memento. Should be outstanding, as well as Wally Pfister's Transcendance. Wally is Nolan's longtime DP who is directing his first film, produced by the Nolans and starring a few Nolan film alum.

What's Interstellar about? The title sounds like a space travel movie but the trailer sure shows a lot of corn.

Love the old religious epics!Didn't know those are coming out.
I hope Noah the movie is a lot better than the trailer. I don't want to nitpick on the historical inaccuracies but I will be annoyed the whole time that they got The Ark all wrong. It is supposed to be a round sphere but they built the ugliest box possible.

I hope Noah the movie is a lot better than the trailer. I don't want to nitpick on the historical inaccuracies but I will be annoyed the whole time that they got The Ark all wrong. It is supposed to be a round sphere but they built the ugliest box possible.
:lmao:

Outside of the Hobbit, nothing here does it for me. May see Xmen eventually.

Ahhh, that's the Fincher movie. I'm on that one for sure.
Why the hell did Fincher cast Tyler Perry in this?! Might be the first Fincher movie I never see unless I repeal my Perry boycott.
Would it help to know that the chick from the Blurred Lines video is in it?

Why the hell did Fincher cast Tyler Perry in this?! Might be the first Fincher movie I never see unless I repeal my Perry boycott.
No, because Ive never seen the Blurred Lines video.

No, because Ive never seen the Blurred Lines video.
You're not internetting correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread