What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has FBG gone the SJW way of Florio/Berry with the Redskins name? (1 Viewer)

Bighittz56

Footballguy
So, I was downloading my recent FBG podcasts and I noticed the NFC East team previews. Giants, Eagles, Cowboys... Washington?!?!?

Since when did FBG decide to bow to Pelosi, Reid, Flowerio and Berry and decide to go the PC, SJW route???

I have been a loyal fan for years, but this will definitely change my outlook on FBG in general.

So, I was downloading my recent FBG podcasts and I noticed the NFC East team previews. Giants, Eagles, Cowboys... Washington?!?!?

Since when did FBG decide to bow to Pelosi, Reid, Flowerio and Berry and decide to go the PC, SJW route???

I have been a loyal fan for years, but this will definitely change my outlook on FBG in general.
That'll show 'em.

Why do you care?

You could have a million trucker..... check that.....TWO million trucker drive on Bryant Boats!!

Why do you care?
Why do you care that he cares?

whe you type 'Redskins' with 3 ks the board automatically changes it to 'Washington'

Washington

Last edited by a moderator:

Why do you care?
Why do you care that he cares?
I just asked him a question. I'm curious.

See if you can go out and find a Native American or two and call them Redskins.

I think you'll feel better and it will cheer you up.

Not really sure what that has to do with anything. I'm 6'5 240, and I don't think you would walk up to me and call me a Giant. Or up to a guy with a Western hat on and call him a Cowboy. Or a large, hairy, homosexual man and call him a Bear...

Site has been up for 15+ years and now the term Redskins is suddenly offensive enough that the mods can't use it. PC goofs.

Not really sure what that has to do with anything. I'm 6'5 240, and I don't think you would walk up to me and call me a Giant. Or up to a guy with a Western hat on and call him a Cowboy. Or a large, hairy, homosexual man and call him a Bear...
I honestly hope this is someone trying to be intentionally obtuse.

You sound like a giant gay cowboy.

That'll show 'em.
Maybe not, but the loss of enough subscriptions might.

You sound like a giant gay cowboy.
Would there be something funny about that to make fun of? Oh, I see, you only SJW for those where there is some ludicrous, make believe movement.

Ian Allan, publisher of Fantasy Football Index was a pioneer on this front LONG before the other PC bandwagoners hopped on board. As long as I can remember, the word "Redskins" has not appeared in his magazine. If you are flipping through the team pages, you'll see "Arizona Cardinals", "Detroit Lions", "Pittsburgh Steelers", etc, and then just "WASHINGTON" when you get to their page.

He also doesn't use the word "Chiefs", which is a bit more curious. Not sure how that's offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why do you care?
Honestly, I just want to know if that is the route FBG is taking. Flowerio and Berry made an actual statement when they decided that the PC "if you are not offended, then white, liberal America will be offended for you."

As far as I know, FBG hasn't made such a statement, but seem to be doing this anyway.

Ian Allan, publisher of Fantasy Football Index was a pioneer on this front LONG before the other PC bandwagoners hopped on board. As long as I can remember, the word "Redskins" has not appeared in his magazine. If you are flipping through the team pages, you'll see "Arizona Cardinals", "Detroit Lions", "Pittsburgh Steelers", etc, and then just "WASHINGTON" when you get to their page.

He also doesn't use the word "Chiefs", which is a bit more curious. Not sure how that's offensive.
Yeah it's just strange that all of their podcasts generally refer to the Redskins as both "Washington" and "Redskins." And now out of the blue they don't use the term Redskins at all.

Has to be schtick. I know people this dumb, but none that post on here.

FBGs errs on the side of not offending a racial minority, in a way that does absolutely no harm to anyone else whatsoever. What a bunch of a33holes!!!

Has to be schtick. I know people this dumb, but none that post on here.FBGs errs on the side of not offending a racial minority, in a way that does absolutely no harm to anyone else whatsoever. What a bunch of a33holes!!!
Out of nowhere, with no statement whatsoever, FBGs decides to strike the word from their vocabulary.

Even High Schools on Indian Reservations use the term Redskins as their mascot and team name. If they were truly offended by the term, I doubt they would use it to describe themselves. I guess they are too dumb to not be offended, right?

It comes down to this. The liberal white champion SJWs have decided that this is something that demands the attention of all, and won't stop until everyone agrees with them. Those that don't agree are deemed racist, insensitive, bigots etc. This from those that laughingly describe themselves as "tolerant."

Has to be schtick. I know people this dumb, but none that post on here.FBGs errs on the side of not offending a racial minority, in a way that does absolutely no harm to anyone else whatsoever. What a bunch of a33holes!!!
Out of nowhere, with no statement whatsoever, FBGs decides to strike the word from their vocabulary.

Even High Schools on Indian Reservations use the term Redskins as their mascot and team name. If they were truly offended by the term, I doubt they would use it to describe themselves. I guess they are too dumb to not be offended, right?

It comes down to this. The liberal white champion SJWs have decided that this is something that demands the attention of all, and won't stop until everyone agrees with them. Those that don't agree are deemed racist, insensitive, bigots etc. This from those that laughingly describe themselves as "tolerant."
I am so tired of the "vocabulary police" trying to enforce their sense of what words should be in others' vocabularies!!

SaintsInDome2006 said:
the ... way of ... Berry with the Redskins name
Does this mean that Matthew Berry won't say the word Redskins anymore?
He has taken up the mantle! The champion of those .03% of Native Americans that are offended by team name that has been around for a century.

pinequick said:
I am so tired of the "vocabulary police" trying to enforce their sense of what words should be in others' vocabularies!!
You and me both my friend! I think it's ridiculous that a vocal minority is trying to enforce their sense of of what words we should and should not be able to use!

Users who are viewing this thread