What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lottery Ticket RBs (1 Viewer)

emerlin

Footballguy
Who are you stashing on your roster for some year end potential. I am thinking guys who are currently off the radar a bit.

1. James White - once he gets a chance I say he make the most of it. I suspect it is a Ridley's expense unless Shane keeps running out of bounds...

2. Dan Heron - After last nights game, it looks to me like Bradshaw and the mix is set of for the year. WHEN Bradshaw goes down Heron will get a chance. He may be the most talented back on the team.

3. Jonathan Grimes - I predict this week he gets a change go play a role in the offense as they limit Foster. Blue will be there but I think that carries will be more even, and if Foster goes down all those carries get split up.

4. Lance Dunbar - I am not sure that Murray goes down, but I think the run game is working well and they are going to feed it. In an effort to keep him fresh, Lance may get enough touches to play in a flex role especially PPR.

Who are you guys stashing?

Silas Redd. Morris keeps taking a pounding. Helu already banged up. Cousins makes the offense more RB reliant. Opportunity is coming. Not sure how much, but I'm jumping on him in deep leagues now before someone else does.

Our league allows for an IR spot, so I'm going to stash Ingram there and hope Khiry doesn't make too big an impact over the next 5 weeks. Also gonna try and steal Hyde from his owner after last weeks disappearing act.

Damien Williams - No point backing off my stance about Lamar Miller at this point. Williams was once rather highly thought of at OU (entering his senior season) so much so that McShay, Gil Brandt, and others had him in the top-5 senior backs in the country. Gets kicked off the team, goes undrafted, easily makes the Dolphins. We saw Moreno push Miller aside in a few weeks, and everyone was ready to declare Moreno dead outside Peyton Manning's offense. I'll say it again... Miller looks great in shorts and shells... not so much in full pads with full contact. Williams is better suited to run between the tackles, and he can catch the ball fairly well out of the backfield. Now he's got a month to flash before Moreno returns.

Dion Lewis -- I agree with the first post that Bradshaw's role in that offense seems pretty clear, and when he breaks (which is still a most likely outcome) either Herron or Lewis is going to get a pretty good role in that Indy offense. We've seen Lewis be quite effective as a passing down back, and was pushing Trent period last preseason in Cleveland before his injury. My gut is he's more talented than Herron, though both deserve watching closely. Herron knows the playbook at this point and plays ST, so it's not surprising he's active over Lewis at this point. It doesn't mean, to me at least, that Herron's taking over Bradshaw's role if/when he gets banged up.

Silas Redd -- More deep league special, but he's much more of a Morris clone than Helu, and I believe if Morris went down they'd split the work. People seem to think Gruden featured a passing-down RB in Gio, but let's not forget BJGE still got 220 carries, and he was terrible. Helu isn't Gio either and has a history of getting a bit banged up himself. Redd's shown himself capable. I doubt he pushes for carries barring injury, and Morris has been extremely durable to this point, but if he goes down, gimme Redd.

Theo Riddick -- interesting name here for PPR guys... more of a guy to keep an eye on than roster depending on league size. If Bush went down, I imagine Theo could become more of a 10-12 touch guy as Joique's caddy.

CJ Anderson - Would be a must start every week if Ball goes down. Has had the best runs of any DEN RB in OTA's, preseason, and has looked good. Already surpassed Hillman as #2

Joseph Randle may be more valuable than Dunbar if Murray goes down. Got a few runs in the first half this week when the game was still close. However, he got a concussion..

Blue is a better stash than Grimes IMO...he came in before Grimes as well last week. Still I think youre looking at a split if Foster were out so I think youd be looking at a useful back, albeit not a homerun

I have Christine Michael but am considering dropping him for either MJD or Ridley, who, for varoius legit reasons, are available in my league.

CJ Anderson - Would be a must start every week if Ball goes down. Has had the best runs of any DEN RB in OTA's, preseason, and has looked good. Already surpassed Hillman as #2
Damien Williams - No point backing off my stance about Lamar Miller at this point. Williams was once rather highly thought of at OU (entering his senior season) so much so that McShay, Gil Brandt, and others had him in the top-5 senior backs in the country. Gets kicked off the team, goes undrafted, easily makes the Dolphins. We saw Moreno push Miller aside in a few weeks, and everyone was ready to declare Moreno dead outside Peyton Manning's offense. I'll say it again... Miller looks great in shorts and shells... not so much in full pads with full contact. Williams is better suited to run between the tackles, and he can catch the ball fairly well out of the backfield. Now he's got a month to flash before Moreno returns.
These are the two guys to me -- the talent is there and for Damien, opportunity is knocking. CJ has looked great with his opportunities while Ball has been just ok in my eyes.

Boom Herron looked great in preseason and has looked explosive on special teams. Buried, but Bradshaw is brittle and Trich is, well, Trich. Just don't see Indy moving away from Trich fully with the price they paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. IMO he's looked better (with his small sample size) than Ball. I could see them increasing his touches moving forward.

I do not think I would bother with MJD. He is not terrible but behind that line, he is not going to have a good season.

Agreed. IMO he's looked better (with his small sample size) than Ball. I could see them increasing his touches moving forward.
I don't think Ball is going anywhere. They trust him too much in pass protection.

I don't think Ball is going anywhere. They trust him too much in pass protection.
Didn't say he was. I said Anderson will get more touches based on performance.

Didn't say he was. I said Anderson will get more touches based on performance.
I mean I don't think Anderson's touches will go up enough to be worth using a bench spot. Anderson has taken Hillman's spot. He'll be in there on 2-minute drive or to spell Ball, but until Ball really screws up/gets injured, that is probably all he'll get. Not saying Anderson hasn't done anything not to warrant more touches, but I'm skeptical to the move as long as DN is winning and Manning is staying upright.

But, hey, I guess the thread is called "Lottery Ticket RB"

Silas Redd. Morris keeps taking a pounding. Helu already banged up. Cousins makes the offense more RB reliant. Opportunity is coming. Not sure how much, but I'm jumping on him in deep leagues now before someone else does.
funny you mention this I put him on my waiver request last night. I too think he may see a real nice opportunity in was.

Dion Lewis -- I agree with the first post that Bradshaw's role in that offense seems pretty clear, and when he breaks (which is still a most likely outcome) either Herron or Lewis is going to get a pretty good role in that Indy offense. We've seen Lewis be quite effective as a passing down back, and was pushing Trent period last preseason in Cleveland before his injury. My gut is he's more talented than Herron, though both deserve watching closely. Herron knows the playbook at this point and plays ST, so it's not surprising he's active over Lewis at this point. It doesn't mean, to me at least, that Herron's taking over Bradshaw's role if/when he gets banged up.
He just got cut today.

He just got cut today.
Well that certainly clarifies that.

I have CJ in a few leagues but in deep leagues, juwan Thompson seems worth stashing.

Actually guys named Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Ryan Mathews, Doug Martin, and Knowshon Moreno could be lottery tickets if you acquire them during injury/suspension and they come back in 6 or so weeks and tear it up.

Actually guys named Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Ryan Mathews, Doug Martin, and Knowshon Moreno could be lottery tickets if you acquire them during injury/suspension and they come back in 6 or so weeks and tear it up.
Not really, those would be potential buy-low candidates that MAYBE you could get at a good enough discount from an owner who is 0-2 and starting to feel a real sense of urgency to win immediately.

Actual lottery tickets I'm holding or looking to buy right now are

CJ Anderson

Damien Williams

Anderson's path is obviously blocked by Ball right now but who is really that impressed with Ball? Is his ball security going to get him into trouble?

C.J. Anderson - Stud potential if Ball goes down

Lorenzo Taliaferro - Something about the way Pierce runs or his long legs just make me feel like there's a chance he gets banged up, Forsett is a RBBC back at best

Latavius Murray - Raiders coaching/management is weak, but even they have to eventually want to see what this kid's made out of

Joseph Randle - Murray's been banged up before and I feel like Randle is a better natural talent than Dunbar who's a nice role player.

Damien Williams - No point backing off my stance about Lamar Miller at this point. Williams was once rather highly thought of at OU (entering his senior season) so much so that McShay, Gil Brandt, and others had him in the top-5 senior backs in the country. Gets kicked off the team, goes undrafted, easily makes the Dolphins. We saw Moreno push Miller aside in a few weeks, and everyone was ready to declare Moreno dead outside Peyton Manning's offense. I'll say it again... Miller looks great in shorts and shells... not so much in full pads with full contact. Williams is better suited to run between the tackles, and he can catch the ball fairly well out of the backfield. Now he's got a month to flash before
I'm liking this!

Damien Williams - No point backing off my stance about Lamar Miller at this point. Williams was once rather highly thought of at OU (entering his senior season) so much so that McShay, Gil Brandt, and others had him in the top-5 senior backs in the country. Gets kicked off the team, goes undrafted, easily makes the Dolphins. We saw Moreno push Miller aside in a few weeks, and everyone was ready to declare Moreno dead outside Peyton Manning's offense. I'll say it again... Miller looks great in shorts and shells... not so much in full pads with full contact. Williams is better suited to run between the tackles, and he can catch the ball fairly well out of the backfield. Now he's got a month to flash before
Really hoping I get him with my waiver claim. He was a guy I've been waiting on to pick up.

Other guys to watch for:

Storm Johnson (2nd favorite back in this class) Gerhart doesn't look good, but it could be the line in which case Storm probably won't fair much better. There could be opportunity for him to prove himself rather soon.

Alfred Blue, it's been said that they're scaling back Fosters workload and it seems like Blue will get first crack. I'm honestly just waiting to be watching the game with friends to get an opportunity to say "YOUR MY BOY BLUE"

I'm honestly just waiting to be watching the game with friends to get an opportunity to say "YOUR MY BOY BLUE"

Exactly what I yelled out when he blocked the punt and returned it for a TD week 1. Could get used to it...

Someone in a 12-team keeper league I'm in just dropped Ryan Mathews. It's short benches so I'll have to hold through the injury, but I am definitely putting a claim in for Mathews. He's s not on IR or short-term IR. Worth the add over anyone else someone added this week.

Lots of value in the mistakenly dropped players during the injury frenzy this season.

Anderson and Williams are great stashes how do they rank against a guy like mckinnion? Who had the most upside of all 3?

Kind of interesting that the Redskins had Michael Bush in for a looksie today... wonder if there's some smoke there.

I am surprised no Denard Robinson mentions with the struggle that is toby Gerhart. Is it still too early to panic drafters?

I own Williams and agree. Think that SJax has an above average chance to blow a tire this season giving Freeman more looks. Or Antone Smith who took one to the house week one.

I am surprised no Denard Robinson mentions with the struggle that is toby Gerhart. Is it still too early to panic drafters?

I own Williams and agree. Think that SJax has an above average chance to blow a tire this season giving Freeman more looks. Or Antone Smith who took one to the house week one.
Agreed on Robinson - 2nd on the depth chart in Jacksonville, and I'm surprised he hasn't seen more work yet.

He soundly beat out both Todman and Storm Johnson in preseason, was up to 212 lbs and was more explosive according to coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread