What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings (2 Viewers)

Update after week 8 and Lamest Trade Deadline ever

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 9:

1. Chubba Hubbard (Talent?): I think they were the quiet week 8 winner and possible became the RB1 for the team not that it would be all that impactful for fantasy, but Miles Sanders had their worst game at least pick them up.
  2. Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.
  3. Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup. Due diligence to add him to list
CANDIDATES for the Season Changing – KingMaker List - by division

I'll Bold the Kingmakers I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent As of Wednesday, Nov 1st.

AFC East

BUF: Latavius Murray: JAG with a cemented role at 30% Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup.
MIA: Salvon Ahmed (JAG): Monitor.Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): top backup. Chris Brooks: Injured. Devon Achane: Injured.
NEP: Zeke Elliott: Washed Offense, might be a low-end flex if Stevenson is this bad.
NYJ: Michael Carter: Monitoring. Dalvin Cook: Washed

AFC North

BAL: Gus Edwards: Finally some clarity. Favored in a now Monken-style offense. Hope you got him. Justice Hill or Keaton Mitchell: Monitor.Melvin Gordon or Kenyan Drake: JAGs
CIN: Chase Brown (Talent?): Monitor.
CLE: Hunt (Talent): Ford returned. Must stash.Strong: Monitor. Deon Jackson: Monitor
PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Top 5 Kingmaker rank. I think they are a flex. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.

AFC South

HOU: Devin Singletary: Is the definitive handcuff and has low-end flex appeal.
IND: Moss: A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.
JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent?): Uninvolved Kingmaker.
TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.Hassan Haskins: JAG.

AFC West

DEN: Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex. Samaje Perine (JAG COP): Less involved
KCC: Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
LVR: Zamir White: Uninvolved Kingmaker.
LAC: Joshua Kelley (JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity. Ekeler looks fine now. Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.

NFC East

DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent): Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
NYG: Matt Breida (Confirmed JAG): Monitor since Barkley is at an increased injury risk as he pushes to play.
PHI: Kenneth Gainwell (Talent): Top backup. Rashad Penny and Boston Scott: JAG
WAS: Antonio Gibson (Talent): Low-end flex COP.

NFC North

CHI: Roschon Johnson (Talent): clear concussion protocol and Flex but limited upside in split backfield . Donte Foreman (Talent) Split backfield now, Herbert returning?
DET: Craig Reynolds (JAG): Looks like a backup to Gibbs
GBP: AJ Dillon: Might be Jag with a RB2/Flex at this point.
MIN: Ty Chandler and Cam Akers monitor

NFC South

ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered and top 5 Kingmaker. Bijan had migraines but should be fine. Don't trust HC Smith.
CAR: Chubba Hubbard (Talent): New RB1 of the team?
NO: Jamaal Williams: Monitoring .Kendre Miller: Monitoring.
TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent): Top backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne. Chase Edmonds: Monitor. Ke’Shawn Vaughn: JAG.

NFC West

ARI: Emari Demercado: Ping Ponged back to relevance, but Conner back soon. I prolly only roster if desperate and shoot for better upside lotto picks at this point. Keaontay Ingram and D. Williams and Corey Clement: JAG.
LAR: Darrel Henderson (JAG?): Most experienced in the system. Can be short term RB2.Royce Freeman (JAG): Splitting carries has a role. Ronnie Rivers: IR.
Zach Evans (Talent?): 0 touches not his year. Myles Gaskin (JAG?): Most likely Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of the backfield so Monitor
SF: Jordan Mason (Talented): Monitor Eli Mitchell (Talent): Top 5 Kingmaker? RBBC.
SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 27 possible Kingmakers trending up from 24

No brainer to drop Akers for Zach Charbonnet? Just dropped this morning.
I'd probably like to hold both Akers and Charbs in some way or form. I'd really squeeze my roster and drop that 6th WR, 2nd TE or 2nd QB, who can likely be replaced on weekly waivers. Akers and Charbs are holds for sure with Akers as a possible start depending what happens with that offense now.

Am I crazy to think Fournette may play a factor in Buffalo?
Not crazy at all. It does depend on what shape (round) he is in. But he's a solid vet who can get things done. Having said that Cook will still be doing his things.

The difficulty with the BUF offense is to figure out week to week how they want to use their RBs. No consistency.

TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent): Top backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne. Chase Edmonds: Monitor. Ke’Shawn Vaughn: JAG.
Not sure Tucker is going to be a thing this year. If anyone, it may be Edmonds getting more PT if White continues to struggle in the run game.

I agree with this. The Bucs running game has struggled, but the fact that Tucker got supplanted by Vaughn (who is terrible and barely made the roster last year) does not bode well. My guess is that if White goes down (who hasn't been good on his own), it's an ugly RBBC with Edmonds getting the most fantasy points, whatever that's worth.
White had his best game last week - 7/7 on targets and 9 good rushing attempts.

White is who he is - good in the passing game. 13/13 last 2 in the passing game. I think the rushing work continues to get split up. If White goes down I think it gets really ugly...

Speaking of not being good - enter Edmonds. Maybe if White got injured Edmonds would get the passing work but White is better than Edmonds so... ?

Nope, he is definitely a lotto pick, James Cook looks like a part timer RBBC and Fournette may offer more than the JAG Murray. I envision a Zeke type role at best barring injury?
Yup, as the weather gets colder, if he has any juice left, maybe they will use him to pound the rock more, and/or keep Allen from trying to score from 5yds in every time (as someone has already mentioned.)

Update after week 8 and Lamest Trade Deadline ever

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 9:

1. Chubba Hubbard (Talent?): I think they were the quiet week 8 winner and possible became the RB1 for the team not that it would be all that impactful for fantasy, but Miles Sanders had their worst game at least pick them up.
  2. Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.
  3. Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup. Due diligence to add him to list

I'll Bold the Kingmakers I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent As of Wednesday, Nov 1st.

AFC East

BUF: Latavius Murray: JAG with a cemented role at 30% Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup.
MIA: Salvon Ahmed (JAG): Monitor.Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): top backup. Chris Brooks: Injured. Devon Achane: Injured.
NEP: Zeke Elliott: Washed Offense, might be a low-end flex if Stevenson is this bad.

AFC North

BAL: Gus Edwards: Finally some clarity. Favored in a now Monken-style offense. Hope you got him. Justice Hill or Keaton Mitchell: Monitor.Melvin Gordon or Kenyan Drake: JAGs
CLE: Hunt (Talent): Ford returned. Must stash.Strong: Monitor. Deon Jackson: Monitor
PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Top 5 Kingmaker rank. I think they are a flex. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.

AFC South

TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.Hassan Haskins: JAG.

AFC West

DEN: Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex. Samaje Perine (JAG COP): Less involved
KCC: Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
LAC: Joshua Kelley (JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity. Ekeler looks fine now. Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.

NFC East

DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent): Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
NYG: Matt Breida (Confirmed JAG): Monitor since Barkley is at an increased injury risk as he pushes to play.

NFC North

CHI: Roschon Johnson (Talent): clear concussion protocol and Flex but limited upside in split backfield . Donte Foreman (Talent) Split backfield now, Herbert returning?
MIN: Ty Chandler and Cam Akers monitor

NFC South

ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered and top 5 Kingmaker. Bijan had migraines but should be fine. Don't trust HC Smith.

NFC West

ARI: Emari Demercado: Ping Ponged back to relevance, but Conner back soon. I prolly only roster if desperate and shoot for better upside lotto picks at this point. Keaontay Ingram and D. Williams and Corey Clement: JAG.
LAR: Darrel Henderson (JAG?): Most experienced in the system. Can be short term RB2.Royce Freeman (JAG): Splitting carries has a role. Ronnie Rivers: IR.
Zach Evans (Talent?): 0 touches not his year. Myles Gaskin (JAG?): Most likely Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of the backfield so Monitor
SF: Jordan Mason (Talented): Monitor Eli Mitchell (Talent): Top 5 Kingmaker? RBBC.
SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 27 possible Kingmakers trending up from 24

No brainer to drop Akers for Zach Charbonnet? Just dropped this morning.
I'd probably like to hold both Akers and Charbs in some way or form. I'd really squeeze my roster and drop that 6th WR, 2nd TE or 2nd QB, who can likely be replaced on weekly waivers. Akers and Charbs are holds for sure with Akers as a possible start depending what happens with that offense now.
Yeah I can't hold both. I've already dropped all unnecessary WRs.

Decided to drop Akers.

If Mattison goes down, Akers isn't winning your league. If Walker goes down, Charbs could.

I think all lotto tickets have been bought already I don't see any still available. waiver wire looks like a fox tore through the hen house.

Warren may never be an RB1 but he sure is good as a CoP - has enough production he's a decent Flex or bye week filler
I don’t have Jaylen Warren on my fantasy team but I wish I did, he’s a good one. He deserves a chance to be featured. Getting Fast Willie Parker vibes from watching him play.

Nope, he is definitely a lotto pick, James Cook looks like a part timer RBBC and Fournette may offer more than the JAG Murray. I envision a Zeke type role at best barring injury?
Yup, as the weather gets colder, if he has any juice left, maybe they will use him to pound the rock more, and/or keep Allen from trying to score from 5yds in every time (as someone has already mentioned.)
yes, thats a big If.
dude had a lisfranc injury. to my knowledge it was not serious enough to perform a surgery, so there is the chance he could return to form, but this injury is especially bad for RB's. it is not often a RB fully returns to form after a Lisfranc injury.

the fact they did not peform a surgery makes me think he may have been able to deal with it with rest and rehab, but the joint where all the bones/tendons converge in the foot will always be weakened so he will be prone to re injury. in addition if other muscles have to compensate for this it can lead to other soft tissue injuries in other areas of the lower leg, possibly the knee.

now he played with this injury the last half of last season. he seemed to be ok in catching balls but not so much running the ball, and I do think he was still able to make blocks for the most part on pass plays. so even if he reverts to this form, he still has value to the team.

what I dont know is whether there is sufficient value fantasy wise to be worth a roster spot. its close. the last place team in our league picked him up and given his position its a risk worth taking for him. but as a team that is playoff bound I felt he was too risky. so its a judgement call whether he is worth a pickup. I guess it depends how deep your bench is and how good the depth is on your team.

Keontay ARI and McKinnon KC become intriguing flex plays too due to injuries.
Why McKinnon?

Pacheco isn't injured as far as I know.

Could be a McKinnon game though. High scorer with Miami. I'm desperate with bye weeks and injuries so interested in the angle here and if he's a decent dice roll.

If Fournette gets activated, expect him to get a few chances, possibly short-yardage. What he does with them is hard to predict. Last year's struggles running the ball in TB may not have been his fault.

Keontay ARI and McKinnon KC become intriguing flex plays too due to injuries.
Why McKinnon?

Pacheco isn't injured as far as I know.

Could be a McKinnon game though. High scorer with Miami. I'm desperate with bye weeks and injuries so interested in the angle here and if he's a decent dice roll.
CEH is out this week, which could help McKinnon. Also if Miami is able to jump out to a lead could lead to more work for McKinnon. (or less if KC jumps out to a lead)

Keaton Mitchell (BAL): Speed demon UDFA the Ravens liked so much they kept 4 RB’s on cutdown day so they could stash him on short-term IR to begin the year. A Gus Edwards or Justice Hill injury away from being everyone’s next favorite waiver add. Might still be RBBC but the juice is worth the squeeze with this one.

Pierre Strong Jr. (CLE): As the benefactor of a kingmaker in Jerome Ford, I hope this one doesn’t come to fruition. But Strong has looked good in limited opportunities, and would’ve been my favorite to lead in carries if Ford missed time. Kareem Hunt will still get his, especially in the red zone, and is a safer bet, but don’t overlook Strong. Could produce well with volume.

Rico Dowdle (DAL): Cowboys didn’t bring in RB help despite Tony Pollard’s struggles. Dowdle best fits in the 2022 Zeke role, and there’s RB3/flex potential there. If Pollard gets injured, I see top-15 RB upside with Dowdle as long as he himself can avoid the injury bug that’s plagued him. One of my favorite handcuffs.

Chris Rodriguez Jr. (WAS): I’m guessing a lot of the hype that built off his Week 7 performance fizzled out when he didn’t see a carry in Week 8. I wouldn’t panic. The Eagles have the best run defense in the league, the Commanders were wise not to feed him to that line. Eric Bieniemy hand-picked Rodriguez at the Draft for his offense, and he profiles as the immediate backup to Brian Robinson stylistically at least. Does a great job locating the holes and running through them. Doesn’t go down on first tackle. Antonio Gibson remains the pass catching back but the team want nothing to do with him as a runner. Whether it’s for performance or injury reasons I wouldn’t be surprised to see C-Rod start to move up the depth chart soon.

Kenneth Gainwell/Rashaad Penny (PHI): I’m cheating a bit here by listing two. But I can’t ignore Nick Sirianni defending his decision to have Gainwell as RB2 as uninspiring as his play has been. Don’t forget that he, not D’Andre Swift, got the first start of the season, and his injury allowed Swift to come in and take the job convincingly in Week 2. He’s a bit undersized but he has the coach’s trust and that’s what matters. Penny has apparently looked slow in what little action he’s shown, but he’s only 13 months removed from a 17/151/2 performance and that’s behind an inferior line to what the Eagles have today. If Swift’s durability concerns pop up again, AND Penny gets a chance to show himself ahead of Gainwell, he could have one more revival left in him. Always nice to get a prominent piece of the Eagles offense when you can.

Keaton Mitchell (BAL): Speed demon UDFA the Ravens liked so much they kept 4 RB’s on cutdown day so they could stash him on short-term IR to begin the year. A Gus Edwards or Justice Hill injury away from being everyone’s next favorite waiver add. Might still be RBBC but the juice is worth the squeeze with this one.

Pierre Strong Jr. (CLE): As the benefactor of a kingmaker in Jerome Ford, I hope this one doesn’t come to fruition. But Strong has looked good in limited opportunities, and would’ve been my favorite to lead in carries if Ford missed time. Kareem Hunt will still get his, especially in the red zone, and is a safer bet, but don’t overlook Strong. Could produce well with volume.

Rico Dowdle (DAL): Cowboys didn’t bring in RB help despite Tony Pollard’s struggles. Dowdle best fits in the 2022 Zeke role, and there’s RB3/flex potential there. If Pollard gets injured, I see top-15 RB upside with Dowdle as long as he himself can avoid the injury bug that’s plagued him. One of my favorite handcuffs.

Chris Rodriguez Jr. (WAS): I’m guessing a lot of the hype that built off his Week 7 performance fizzled out when he didn’t see a carry in Week 8. I wouldn’t panic. The Eagles have the best run defense in the league, the Commanders were wise not to feed him to that line. Eric Bieniemy hand-picked Rodriguez at the Draft for his offense, and he profiles as the immediate backup to Brian Robinson stylistically at least. Does a great job locating the holes and running through them. Doesn’t go down on first tackle. Antonio Gibson remains the pass catching back but the team want nothing to do with him as a runner. Whether it’s for performance or injury reasons I wouldn’t be surprised to see C-Rod start to move up the depth chart soon.

Kenneth Gainwell/Rashaad Penny (PHI): I’m cheating a bit here by listing two. But I can’t ignore Nick Sirianni defending his decision to have Gainwell as RB2 as uninspiring as his play has been. Don’t forget that he, not D’Andre Swift, got the first start of the season, and his injury allowed Swift to come in and take the job convincingly in Week 2. He’s a bit undersized but he has the coach’s trust and that’s what matters. Penny has apparently looked slow in what little action he’s shown, but he’s only 13 months removed from a 17/151/2 performance and that’s behind an inferior line to what the Eagles have today. If Swift’s durability concerns pop up again, AND Penny gets a chance to show himself ahead of Gainwell, he could have one more revival left in him. Always nice to get a prominent piece of the Eagles offense when you can.
If you only have one roster spot you can afford and own Swift, who is the guy you'd first go after? Gainwell or Penny?

Can we trust Nick's statement Gainwell is the number 2?

If you only have one roster spot you can afford and own Swift, who is the guy you'd first go after? Gainwell or Penny?

Gainwell has been active when healthy. He’d be the next guy up IMO. Penny has the better track record and more upside as a runner, but he’s been a healthy scratch up until now with Gainwell and Scott suiting up instead. Scott is out this week due to personal reasons, otherwise he’s been the special teams/3rd RB over Penny. When Gainwell was out in Week 2, Scott outcarried Penny 5-to-3.

My thinking is Sirianni will want just 3 RB’s active on gameday. Swift is the starter and Scott is the special teams guy. That leaves one spot between Gainwell and Penny, and right now Gainwell is in the lead. In my 12x18 dynasty league, Gainwell is rostered (not by me) while Penny isn’t. If you have to make a move, I’d prioritize Gainwell for now.

Gainwell has been active when healthy. He’d be the next guy up IMO. Penny has the better track record and more upside as a runner, but he’s been a healthy scratch up until now with Gainwell and Scott suiting up instead. Scott is out this week due to personal reasons, otherwise he’s been the special teams/3rd RB over Penny. When Gainwell was out in Week 2, Scott outcarried Penny 5-to-3.

My thinking is Sirianni will want just 3 RB’s active on gameday. Swift is the starter and Scott is the special teams guy. That leaves one spot between Gainwell and Penny, and right now Gainwell is in the lead. In my 12x18 dynasty league, Gainwell is rostered (not by me) while Penny isn’t. If you have to make a move, I’d prioritize Gainwell for now.
My shallow bench roster is already bursting at the seams with really good depth. Yesterday I acquired Swift in a trade and Gainwell was just dropped.

I'm wresting on who to drop for him. My concern is Swift's past injury history of not being able to staying healthy.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure Gainwell is the cuff/backup in the event Swift goes down.

My shallow bench roster is already bursting at the seams with really good depth. Yesterday I acquired Swift in a trade and Gainwell was just dropped.

I'm wresting on who to drop for him. My concern is Swift's past injury history of not being able to staying healthy.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure Gainwell is the cuff/backup in the event Swift goes down.
I’m not a fan of Gainwell and would rather see Penny in that handcuff spot. Might want to wait and see how Penny looks this week before picking either guy up. If he shows signs of life he might play himself into Gainwell’s spot. For now Gainwell is the likely next man up and would be the floor play but I’d personally rather chase the ceiling and scoop Penny on the chance that Sirianni has a change of heart. I haven’t stashed Penny myself because I don’t have the space. I may feel compelled to if he shows something. For now his RB4 status is shying me away.

I’m not a fan of Gainwell and would rather see Penny in that handcuff spot. Might want to wait and see how Penny looks this week before picking either guy up. If he shows signs of life he might play himself into Gainwell’s spot. For now Gainwell is the likely next man up and would be the floor play but I’d personally rather chase the ceiling and scoop Penny on the chance that Sirianni has a change of heart. I haven’t stashed Penny myself because I don’t have the space. I may feel compelled to if he shows something. For now his RB4 status is shying me away.
Why is Penny going to be active? He hasn't gotten any playing time all season.

Why now?

Why is Penny going to be active? He hasn't gotten any playing time all season.

Why now?
Boston Scott missed practice all week due to personal reasons (which haven’t been disclosed publicly) and was declared out for this week. Rashaad Penny will be active in his place.

If Fournette gets activated, expect him to get a few chances, possibly short-yardage. What he does with them is hard to predict. Last year's struggles running the ball in TB may not have been his fault.
if he plays yes.... very good pass catching back. if hes part of a committee, I wouldnt be surprised to see him as the third down back to start off with. dude blocks and can catch passes and that makes him very valuable to any team on third down

Update after week 9

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 10:
  1. Chubba Hubbard (Talent?): Confirmed hit! RB1 for the team and now they get to go against the Bears on TNF. Must pickup and start because Bears get smoked by pass catching RBs.
  2. Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. Back to back in leading the snaps? Very interesting usage increase. I don't fully understand it TBH but if an injury occurs you want him.
  3. Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup. Due diligence to add him to list, might see him this week.
  4. Keaton Mitchell: Pick up the lightning to the Gus Bus Thunder avail in 97% of leagues. Gotta believe Hill gets phased out, but this might just be RBBC?
My Personal Top 5 Lotto Picks:
Moss, Warren, Charb, Spears, Bigsby

I'll Bold the Kingmakers I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent As of Tuesday, Nov 7th.

AFC East

MIA: Salvon Ahmed (JAG): Monitor. Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): top backup. Chris Brooks: Injured. Devon Achane: Injured.
NEP: Zeke Elliott: Monitor, Washed Offense, Stevenson is showing life.

AFC North

BAL: Gus Edwards: Finally some clarity. Favored in a now Monken-style offense. Hope you got him. Keaton Mitchell: Pick up the lightning! Melvin Gordon Kenyan Drake or Justice Hill : JAGs
CLE: Hunt (Talent): Ford returned and is the lead back. Must stash.Strong: Monitor. Deon Jackson: Monitor

AFC South

AFC West

LAC: Joshua Kelley (JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity looks better as relief honestly. Ekeler looks fine now. Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.

NFC East

NFC North

CHI: Roschon Johnson (Talent): clear concussion protocol and Flex but limited upside in split backfield . Donte Foreman (Talent) Split backfield now, Herbert returning.
MIN: Ty Chandler next man up and also talented I think we can stash or monitor and Cam Akers injured and that might be the career :(

NFC South

NFC West

SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far and followed it up with another higher usage game something might be brewing.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 20 possible Kingmakers trending down from 27

Last edited:
Has everyone written off Isaiah Spiller? Would you drop him for an even bigger long term dart throw like DeWayne McBride? We pretty much know what Spiller is. McBride not so much.

@Hot Sauce Guy @thecatch @Wingnut

What's the consensus on CMC handcuff. Mitchell hasn't looked good this year IMO. I like Mason, for some reason Tyrion Davis-Price has his share of fans in TSP (presumably bc the least used guy is always the who gets tagged with "has higher upside.")

You guys feel strongly one way or another? Or just a nobody knows probably rbbc if we have to break the glass and use these bums.

What's the consensus on CMC handcuff. Mitchell hasn't looked good this year IMO. I like Mason, for some reason Tyrion Davis-Price has his share of fans in TSP (presumably bc the least used guy is always the who gets tagged with "has higher upside.")

You guys feel strongly one way or another? Or just a nobody knows probably rbbc if we have to break the glass and use these bums.
I’ve said before I think it would be RBBC, but Mason hasn’t had a touch in a couple games - there’s local radio speculation he’s in the doghouse, though I don’t know why.

Right now the clear handcuff appears to be Mitchell, but again - I would expect RBBC between Mason, Mitchell, & TDP. Then it’s probably a hot hand situation.

Update after week 10

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 11:
  1. Ty Chandler(Talent?): next man up and also talented I think we can roster them.
  2. Devon Achane (Talent): Should be back, the wait is over. I only mention because we hope they are themselves.
  3. Devin Singletary: Is the RB1 for an improving O that is talk of town and toppled the Bengals!
  4. Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. Very interesting usage. a little more towards Walker but without KW's long receiving TD we would say production was super similar and even more assuring for Charbs side of having 4 receptions to 1 for KW.
  5. Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup. Due diligence to add him to list, might see him this week. (Week 10 pending still)
  6. Keaton Mitchell: Pick up the lightning to the Gus Bus Thunder. Gotta believe Hill gets phased out, but this might just be RBBC?
Moss, Warren, Charb, Spears, K. Mitchell

I'll Bold the Kingmakers I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent As of Tuesday, Nov 13th.

AFC East

BUF: Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup. Latavius Murray: JAG with a cemented role at 30%
MIA: Devon Achane (Talent): Should be back, the wait is over. Salvon Ahmed (JAG): Monitor. Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): top backup. Chris Brooks: Injured.
NEP: Zeke Elliott: Monitor, Washed Offense, Stevenson is showing life.

AFC North

BAL: Gus Edwards: Finally some clarity. Favored in a now Monken-style offense. Hope you got him. Keaton Mitchell: Pick up the lightning! Melvin Gordon Kenyan Drake or Justice Hill : JAGs
CLE: Hunt (Talent): Ford returned and is the lead back. Must stash. Strong and Deon Jackson: Monitor
PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone looks like a 50/50 split and they were over a 100yds, might be High flex or lowend RB2 in matchups. Top 5 Kingmaker rank. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.

AFC South

HOU: Devin Singletary: Is the RB1 for a fastly improving O that is talk of town and toppled the Bengals!
IND: Moss: A top 5 Kingmaker that is a backup only.

AFC West

DEN: Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent): A top Kingmaker that is a good flex. Samaje Perine (JAG COP): Less involved
LAC: Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP and monitor. Joshua Kelley (JAG): monitor

NFC East

DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent): Flashed in relief, we gain some confidence in him going forward. Pollard looks off? maybe stash like we did Keaton Mitchell. Deuce Vaughn: COP to monitor

NFC North

CHI: Roschon Johnson (Talent): worst timing to get injured when the starter went down missed their window. Donte Foreman (Talent) Split backfield now, Herbert returning.
MIN: Ty Chandler next man up and also talented I think we can roster them and Mattison: injured Cam Akers: injured

NFC South

CAR: Chubba Hubbard (Talent?): Pumpkin Offense against Bears who are good against run but he should have been able to get some receptions.

NFC West

ARI: Emari Demercado: Injured Keaontay Ingram and D. Williams and Corey Clement: JAG. All will yield to J. Conner being back.
LAR: Darrel Henderson (JAG?): Most experienced in the system. Royce Freeman (JAG): Splitting carries has a role. Ronnie Rivers: IR. 1 more week until Kyren returns!
SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 22 possible Kingmakers trending up from 20

Last edited:

I have CMC in my main league and I've given up on carrying a handcuff, although that's a 10-team league with small-ish benches. I think there's a good chance it goes to committee without him, and could also see a scenario where you handcuff one guy and then they go to somebody else, or it's hot hand and nobody is startable. Biggest beneficiary of a CMC injury might be Deebo, honestly.

What % of FAAB are we doing for Ty Chandler or Rico Dowdle?

Those are my guys going into this waiver period... Rico Dowdle likely will do more as an every down back than Pollard can and I think, based on usage, McCarthy is starting to see that. Granted, much of his usage came in the 4th (50% of his carries) but he looked pretty effective the entire game. Ty Chandler is my #1 because I don't think Mattison has it and Ty Chandler looked good against a tough Saints defense. Go and get your league winners...

None for me but I’m content

Gibbs & Hall starting RBs, Pacheco Flex

My three reserves were all Top 25 this week - Gibson, Warren, & Mitchell

Eyeing Noah Brown, shoving all in but probably won’t succeed bc I don’t have enough left - worked the FAAB hard YTD

Guyton or A.T. Perry are speculative adds I might bid on as a backup but neither is worth an all in shove IMO

I’ll check with LaPorta & Njoku continuing to produce but if Mayer or Musgrave are on your wire they should be added.

I am all in on Jerome Ford rest of the way.
That was pretty bold since you said this ahead of Balt, and they proved they can do it against strong Balt D. The ROS schedule finally loosens up!
Thanks! The way he looked last weekend coming off the ankle sprain is what sealed it for me, even though the numbers weren't great, I just had a hunch that he was going to be a really good play going forward. Now does it suck Hunt is there to vulture TDs? Of course! But Ford should produce as a high end RB2 the rest of the way, imo.

Keep hearing each week Charbonnet is out snapping Walker. Don't think it matters. They're clearly keeping him fresh.

SEA offense is still clunky. Geno predictably shredded a terrible WASH secondary, but the SEA schedule coming up is BRUTAL.

Going to be hard to keep Charbonnet on the roster. Ceiling will be limited with that upcoming schedule even if Walker were to get dinged.

R. Dowdle...where does he rank on the RB lottery ticket list?

He's getting touches, in a powerful offense (with a great defense), and the #1 (Pollard) is struggling.

Feel like he may jump ahead of the likes of T. Spears and Z. Charbonnet. Dowdle has standalone value and his situation is better if the starter were to go down. Hell, I could see staff moving this to more of a 50/50 situation understanding Pollard's struggles.

Those are my guys going into this waiver period... Rico Dowdle likely will do more as an every down back than Pollard can and I think, based on usage, McCarthy is starting to see that. Granted, much of his usage came in the 4th (50% of his carries) but he looked pretty effective the entire game. Ty Chandler is my #1 because I don't think Mattison has it and Ty Chandler looked good against a tough Saints defense. Go and get your league winners...
I would pump the brakes on Chandler for a couple of reasons. 1. The Vikings are a terrible run blocking team. 2. The Vikings HATE running the football because their run blocking is so bad. We saw what happened in the second half of Sunday's game when they tried to run the ball. It is ugly.

I have CMC in my main league and I've given up on carrying a handcuff, although that's a 10-team league with small-ish benches. I think there's a good chance it goes to committee without him, and could also see a scenario where you handcuff one guy and then they go to somebody else, or it's hot hand and nobody is startable. Biggest beneficiary of a CMC injury might be Deebo, honestly.
I was trying to say this in the Mason thread, but they were not having it. #1. Mitchell is ahead of Mason, this is indisputable. #2. If something catastrophic happened to CMC, Mitchell would get 20 carries/game, and Mason 5-10. Then if something happened to Mitchell, I can see Deebo getting more carries, maybe 50/50 with Mason. I find it completely ridiculous that anyone outside of 16 team, or ultra deep leagues would have Mason rostered. I view Mitchell, who I own nowhere, as one on the best handcuffs in the NFL simply because he has shown to be effective when operating as a lead back,

I would pump the brakes on Chandler for a couple of reasons. 1. The Vikings are a terrible run blocking team. 2. The Vikings HATE running the football because their run blocking is so bad. We saw what happened in the second half of Sunday's game when they tried to run the ball. It is ugly.
Volume is volume unless you have much better options, and he may have the backfield to himself for the most part if Mattison is out.

Volume is volume unless you have much better options, and he may have the backfield to himself for the most part if Mattison is out.
I agree. This league gets .5 point per rush and just by being the guy in Minnesota, I think he will produce some higher point games. If you are looking for lotto ticket RB's, and you have FAAB and Emari Demarcado on your team still - might as well pick this guy up.

He's getting touches, in a powerful offense (with a great defense), and the #1 (Pollard) is struggling.

Feel like he may jump ahead of the likes of T. Spears and Z. Charbonnet. Dowdle has standalone value and his situation is better if the starter were to go down. Hell, I could see staff moving this to more of a 50/50 situation understanding Pollard's struggles.
Warren, Charb, K. Mitchell, Spears, Moss

Its odd since how to rank them?

I started to use terms like JAG w Opportunity/Uninvolved/Talent to kind of classify them and then thought if you can flex and they can be the backup that is ultimate because now they have utility.

but I think Rico is a good stash in the right circumstance but he is still behind these 5 and maybe E. Mitchell for me?

Also I'll bump Jaylen Warren since named the starter last week and possibly going forward.

Warren, Charb, K. Mitchell, Spears, Moss

Its odd since how to rank them?

I started to use terms like JAG w Opportunity/Uninvolved/Talent to kind of classify them and then thought if you can flex and they can be the backup that is ultimate because now they have utility.

but I think Rico is a good stash in the right circumstance but he is still behind these 5 and maybe E. Mitchell for me?

Also I'll bump Jaylen Warren since named the starter last week and possibly going forward.
That's a good list, though I guess it depends what you mean by lotto. Warren, Charbs, and Spears were getting drafted in all leagues prior to the season, whereas I see Keaton and Moss as definite guys who fit under the category of lotto picks. Dowdle fits into that category as I don't remember a whole lot of chatter about him going into the season. I think there was more intrigue of his rookie counterpart Deuce Vaughn.

As far as top RB2's go I like your list and I can see Dowdle sliding in there at 5 with Warren graduated to starter status. If we went strictly by the rule of team's RB2 then Achane is the king of kings in that category for this season, he still gets elite RB1 production when healthy.

In terms of guys who were likely undrafted in leagues and available off waivers who could be league winner types, I rank them as 1) Keaton Mitchell 2) Zack Moss 3) Rico Dowdle 4) Ty Chandler 5) Jaleel McLaughlin. If Keaton could get Pacheco-type workloads (12-15 touches per game) he could put up great numbers off that alone. He's dimunitive but has special speed and plays for a team that wants to run the ball all the time. Moss was a stud this season while JT was out and even for a bit when he came back. I have those two a tier above the other three.

Yea, we prolly could remove Warren now from the list honestly and say they "hit" their lotto pick in week 10 vs GB when they were named 'starter'. There is a lot of Tomlin quotes and rumors surrounding this, basically Tomlin wanted Warren to be rewarded.

Also if we go to first post there was a definition I cited from the old threads! That went into what they used to be called.... Kingmakers.

It's just a bunch of semantics to me tho. Achane to me is a lotto pick that already hit tho. I used to keep the lotto hits at the end of my old updates. But I was fine tuning and thought nobody cares about what already hit.

Pollard is struggling because the moron coaches run him up the gut 98% of the time. He needs ball in space or plays designed to go outside.

Cook is far superior to a fatboy like Lenny. I think the offense takes on a new look with the new OC and Cook gets more chances and more recs out of the backfield. they'll probably go back to the chuck-n-duck offense again. Air Buffalo. this will open the pass and run lanes for cook.
Murray is going on 45 yrs old, and Lenny is one subway sammy away from his pants button snapping. cmon now.

Lotto Tix:
Spears
J. Warren
Jerome Ford

Cook is far superior to a fatboy like Lenny. I think the offense takes on a new look with the new OC and Cook gets more chances and more recs out of the backfield. they'll probably go back to the chuck-n-duck offense again. Air Buffalo. this will open the pass and run lanes for cook.
Murray is going on 45 yrs old, and Lenny is one subway sammy away from his pants button snapping. cmon now.

Lotto Tix:
Spears
J. Warren
Jerome Ford
Why do you like Ford? He just lost his QB and until Hunt loses GL status, he's not going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread