What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 WR Lotto Ticket Rankings (1 Viewer)

Hartliner

Footballguy
Just like 2023 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings. I did a quick runthrough of all 32 teams and ID'd the 'Kingmakers' on each team again. Hope you enjoy! at least @Jamesinaz who suggested this in the RB Lotto thread :)

Typically RB position makes more sense for this, but with recent injuries, namely Cupp I think there may be some use to highlighting the next man up at WR and at least familiarize yourself with who can breakout due to inevitable injuries or take advantage of some depth charts that might be surprisingly wide open like the Houston Texans.

CANDIDATES for the Season Changing – KingMaker List - by division
I'll Bold the Kingmakers.
As of Sunday Sep 3rd.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 30 possible Kingmakers.

Last edited:

AFC EAST​

Bills​

MIA​

NEP​

NYJ​

AFC North​

BAL​

CIN​

CLE​

PIT​

AFC South​

HOU​

IND​

JAC​

Jones, Zay U/LV-monitor

TEN​

AFC West​

DEN​

KC​

LV​

NFC EAST​

DAL​

NYG​

PHI​

WAS​

NFC North​

DET​

GB​

NFC South​

ATL​

CAR​

NO​

NFC WEST​

ARI​

LAR​

SF​

SEA​

Last edited:
More for Dynasty but could be relevant in redraft…a few guys that intrigue me:

AT Perry-everyone knows Michael Thomas’s injury history…Perry looks like he can play….every year there are guys you start gravitating to and he is one for me.

Michael Wilson-was drafted by the this regime and looks like he will get an opportunity on a team that should be playing catch-up on a weekly basis.

Pop Douglas-considered the star of the Pats camp and if he is legit the role is waiting for him…has some type of injury right now but did not get placed on IR.

Tutu Atwell-#2 WR is up for grabs, Kupp has a nagging injury and all camp reports seemed positive.

Jayden Reed-it is going to be very interesting to see how we feel about the Packer WRs and TEs by the end of the season…a lot of exciting young talent.

Last edited:
Curious about the KC situation. I can't make heads or tails of who is a starter or any possible alpha WR1. Tempted in the draft to grab several at the end before the first game and see if I strike gold. Rice as you mention, Toney (immensely talented but fragile), MVS, Moore. With that system and QB someone could emerge as a kingmaker.

And THANKS for this thread. Much appreciated.

Jake Bobo went from Duke to UCLA to an undrafted free agent to the 53 man roster in Seattle where there a LOT of mouths to feed. Still, he's a big target who catches everything near him. You want a lottery ticket in dynasty leagues? Look no further than Bobo.

Get to know the name Joshua Palmer.
He was dropped in one of my leagues and is still on the WW.

Over 700 yards last year playing behind 2 WRs who are always banged up and with arguably the best young gun slinger in football. What's not to love?
That's what i thought last year. But, his game may be limited. He had a couple of big games, but didn't do much for many other games when either Allen or Williams was out. I think Quentin eats into his playing time.

Very cool thread, I love this kind of stuff. I could use all the help I need with my WR room so I find myself digging deeper for finds.

I’m a bit surprised that Justyn Ross wasn’t mentioned. To me he is the very definition of a lotto ticket, given how long the odds are of reaching his potential. But if he does, he’s a true kingmaker.

A few other honorable mentions I haven’t seen in this thread yet:

- Cedric Tillman: prototypical NFL WR body, could be DPJ’s long term replacement (FA in 2024)

- Josh Downs: highly regarded prospect in this class in an admittedly difficult situation, I like him more than McKenzie at the slot

- Kayshon Boutte: was considered an elite WR prospect a year ago, did enough to make a Patriots roster lacking a true alpha, showed signs of life late in training camp and could be a factor if injuries hit the depth chart

Update after week 2: Much less inclined to update this. but there were some actual hits, kinda surprised. Also we can begin weeding out the misses.
Lotto pick hits: if they are out there spend the big FAAB/Waiver if you need RB help.

WR1/WR2s:
  • Zay Flowers missed him and yea Kingmaker
  • Nacua, Puka heavily monitor kingmaker and I think Cooper won't kill him when he returns.
  • Dell, Tank -end of draft flyer top 5 kingmaker, I think the 10 targets speaks volumes and the rapport with Stroud is baked in.

- Here is a quick summary on which kingmakers significantly improved their odds at hitting lotto in week 3:

• ROBINSON II, ALLEN T/LAR- increased target share while DJ is on IR
  • Jaylen Reed getting scripted looks is always a good sign, Love is targetting him and establishing rapport
  • Josh Reynolds late career renaissance in a pass heavy offense where Monty went down. He was good, but maybe it gets even better as they don't lean on run at all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like 2023 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings. I did a quick runthrough of all 32 teams and ID'd the 'Kingmakers' on each team again. Hope you enjoy! at least @Jamesinaz who suggested this in the RB Lotto thread :)

Typically RB position makes more sense for this, but with recent injuries, namely Cupp I think there may be some use to highlighting the next man up at WR and at least familiarize yourself with who can breakout due to inevitable injuries or take advantage of some depth charts that might be surprisingly wide open like the Houston Texans.

I'll Bold the Kingmakers.
As of Sunday Sep 20th.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 18 possible Kingmakers.

AFC EAST​

Bills​

• Shakir, Khalil meh

MIA​

NEP​

• Kendrick Bourne and Devante Parker benchable WRs for bye week fill ins

NYJ​

• Lazard, Allen
  • Hardman Jr., Mecole

AFC North​

BAL​

• Zay Flowers missed him and yea Kingmaker

CIN​

• Boyd, Tyler end of draft flyer handcuff top 5 kingmaker

CLE​

• Peoples-Jones, Donovan monitor, but Watson doesn't look like he can support

PIT​

AFC South​

HOU​

• WOODS, ROBERT -monitor
  • Dell, Tank -end of draft flyer top 5 kingmaker
  • Metchie III, John-monitor

IND​

• Pierce, Alec- monitor maybe Gardner unlocks something?
  • McKenzie, Isaiah

JAC​

TEN​

AFC West​

DEN​

• Mims Jr., Marvin draftable late top 5 kingmaker

KC​

• Rice, Rashee KC still hasn't shook out

LV​

• Renfrow, Hunter monitor

NFC EAST​

DAL​

NYG​

PHI​

WAS​

• Brown, Dyami not seeing it

NFC North​

• Claypool, Chase not seeing it

DET​

• JONES JR., MARVIN not seeing it
  • Josh Reynolds late career renaissance in a pass heavy offense where Monty went down.

GB​

• Doubs, Romeo top 5 kingmaker, looks like Jaylen Reed impacted this more, but Jordan Love is good.
  • Jaylen Reed getting scripted looks is always a good sign

NFC South​

ATL​

• Hollins, Mack monitor not enough passing

CAR​

• Mingo, Jonathan top 5 kingmaker maybe 2nd half?
  • THIELEN, ADAM monitor/bench worthy

NO​

• Shaheed, Rashid monitor

NFC WEST​

ARI​

LAR​

• Skowronek, Ben monitor
  • Nacua, Puka heavily monitor kingmaker and I think Cooper won't kill him when he returns.
  • Jefferson, Van draftable late

SF​

SEA​

• JSN 2nd half?

I think Rasheed Shaheed has to be green. I know Olave and Thomas are there but Shaheed is very efficient with the opportunities he’s getting. And if either Olave or Thomas get injured I think Shaheed explodes.

I think you have to red flag Hunter Renfrow, for whatever reason he doesn't look like he's going to be the next Wes Welker/Julian Edelman in McDaniels' offense.

Jakobi Myers should be added

I think Demario Douglas is worth at least monitoring...he brings something to the Pats O that they badly need and the other WRs are nothing special.

I’m getting more interested in Tank Dell. Not bad for two weeks into a rookie season.
I'm super bullish on him. "To the moon", I would say. Could be the League Winner Lotto pick at WR this year.
Really? To me he does seem to be in the Zay Flowers mold of having incredible suddenness and being difficult to cover but a "League Winner" as the 2nd or 3rd option in this offense? He seems more like a guy who helps keep your team afloat than someone who comes in as a consistent WR 1 or WR 2.

I’m getting more interested in Tank Dell. Not bad for two weeks into a rookie season.
I'm super bullish on him. "To the moon", I would say. Could be the League Winner Lotto pick at WR this year.
I completely dismissed Dell at first, had my eye set on Metchie originally. But Caserio’s words about Metchie looking like a guy who has been away from football for 18 months had me take a second look at Dell. Also I was impressed by what I saw of Dell in preseason and then in seeing his college highlights. He passes the eye test for me, plays bigger than his size, and is very quick.

Steve Smith is a fan too for what it’s worth:

The Update after week 10 that literally no one asked for! Going to hover around only including players that are 60% rostered and lower. JSN is that mendoza line which is crazy. ESPN Leagues mostly not competitive.

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 11:
  1. Rashee Rice(Talent): Lets hope the bye was a strategic time to get his usage up if so I would say WR2 is i reach, might be a good last buy low opportunity. and they are a top 5 Kingmaker that doesn't require an injury.
  2. Quentin Johnson: best game yet but still not rosterabe even after a shoot out, its not likely they will be reliable, but tons of injuries make this one to monitor.
  3. Rondale Moore (Talent): Murray looked good and Moore was involved 5/ is good usage. Sneaky good pickup if you want to benefit from Murray return for cheap.
  4. JSN (Talent): Solid Flex, just needs a TD to look like a good WR2. Similar in production to Rashee Rice and the large clump of WRs that exist between 22-36 interchangeably. Injry makes them a top 5 Kingmaker.
  5. Tyler Boyd (Talent) Great performance can be a WR2 for a long as Higgins is out and I feel he is always getting injured so it might be something to track each week.
  6. Trenton Irwin was sneaky good too and they did it twice now, when Higgins was out before.
My Personal Top 5 Lotto Picks:
JSN, R.Rice, Khalil Shakir, Tyler Boyd, Quentin Johnson

I'll Bold the Kingmakers I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent As of Tuesday, Nov 13th.

AFC East

BUF: Shakir Khalil: (Talent) should be rostered, only 8% on ESPN WTF!
MIA: Meh look at Chase Claypool?
NEP: Demario Douglas WR1 on the worst pass O? Zappe might be better? Monitor
NYJ: Maybe if Rodgers Returns?

AFC North

BAL: OBJ(Washed?)Barring Injury to RBs/WRs that change the gameplan he is a monitor.
CIN: Tyler Boyd (Talent) Great performance can be a WR2 for a long as Higgins is out and I feel he is always getting injured so it might be something to track each week. Irwin was sneaky good too and they did it twice when Higgins was out before.
CLE: Elijah Moore (Talent) if you think Watson is a good QB then grab em. I think the team rather run but Moore is a good bet if you believe I don't really get Watson.
PIT: Meh.

AFC South

HOU: Noah Brown: Should be top waiver claim. CJ Stroud Express will lift all these WRs
IND: Josh Downs(Talent):injured, if needed I can see a pivot to another need. JT is changing ID back to run first.
JAC: Zay Jones injured but this is a good spot to get in cheap if you'd want.
TEN: Meh

AFC West

DEN: Marvin Mims, but just monitor.
KCC: Rashee Rice(Talent): Lets hope the bye was a strategic time to get his usage up if so I would say WR2 is i reach, might be a good last buy low opportunity. and they are a top 5 Kingmaker that doesn't require an injury.
LVR: Meh
LAC: Quentin Johnson: best game yet but still not rosterabe even after a shoot out, its not likely they will be reliable, but tons of injuries make this one to monitor.

NFC East

DAL: Brandon Cooks (Talent): Flashed but hard to trust going forward. I still think you roster and at worst use them when you are down and need a swing for the fence Gabe Davis lite!.Michael Gallup (Talent) and Jalen Tolbert: monitor in case injury
NYG: Meh Devito affect
PHI: Julio Jones monitor if he does anything
WAS: Curtis Samuel: monitor

NFC North

CHI: Mooney: monitor
DET: Jameson Williams: monitor
GBP: Doubs and Reed perfect bye fillers, Watosn blows and garbo time seems pretty reliable.
MIN: KJ Osborn: Injured, but add them now since Dobbs is legit.

NFC South

ATL: Meh
CAR: Meh
NO: Rashid Shahid: Looks like he is Carr's guy and not Winston's monitor
TBB: Meh

NFC West

ARI: Rondale Moore (Talent): Murray looked good and Moore was involved 5/ is good usage. Sneaky good pickup if you want to benefit from Murray return for cheap.
LAR: Meh
SF: Meh
SEA: JSN (Talent): Solid Flex, just needs a TD to look like a good WR2. Similar in production to Rashee Rice and the large clump of WRs that exist between 22-36 interchangeably. Injry makes them a top 5 Kingmaker.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 13 possible Kingmakers.

Users who are viewing this thread