What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

we need this

trying to remember where I saw that epic post of someone embellishing their FF accomplishments

someone might have made it a sig?

Last edited by a moderator:
is it the "info is IT"? something about a double reverse serpentine draft where they drafted lawrence phillips out of high school or something like. they draft for players like 5 years out of college.

I know the original Sig-Worthy thread got axed. I thought there was another one going but that seems to have disappeared as well. Anyway, I needed to find a place to put this:

I made a thread early in the season to help out with situations like this. It lasted about 5 minutes before being deleted. Not sure why. The suggestion was decimal scoring for this situation. I tried to tell you months ago.
I started a thread at beginning of season trying to help people out with theses kinds of issues. It got deleted in about 5 minutes. Not sure why. I asked fbg to have an article at beginning of season after they deleted my thread. good luck, too bad you didn't read my thread the 5 minutes it was here.
Points scored should always be the first tiebreaker in FF.
Yeah, that was my conclusion on the thread that got started and deleted in 5 minutes.
At beginning of the season I started a thread to warn of these types of scenarios. it was deleted in 5 minutes. Sorry you didn't see it during that time. trying to help and fbgs had some issue with it.
I started a thread at beginning of season trying to help people out in playoff tiebreak scenarios. It got deleted in about 5 minutes, too bad you didn't see it then. Not sure why fbg moderator would delete someone trying to help out.
I made a thread at beginning of season warning people of playoff tiebreak issues trying to help out. It got deleted about 5 minutes later, too bad you didn't see it the 5 minutes it was here. It would have saved you this headache. Good luck.

I know the original Sig-Worthy thread got axed. I thought there was another one going but that seems to have disappeared as well. Anyway, I needed to find a place to put this:

I made a thread early in the season to help out with situations like this. It lasted about 5 minutes before being deleted. Not sure why. The suggestion was decimal scoring for this situation. I tried to tell you months ago.
I started a thread at beginning of season trying to help people out with theses kinds of issues. It got deleted in about 5 minutes. Not sure why. I asked fbg to have an article at beginning of season after they deleted my thread. good luck, too bad you didn't read my thread the 5 minutes it was here.
Yeah, that was my conclusion on the thread that got started and deleted in 5 minutes.
At beginning of the season I started a thread to warn of these types of scenarios. it was deleted in 5 minutes. Sorry you didn't see it during that time. trying to help and fbgs had some issue with it.
I started a thread at beginning of season trying to help people out in playoff tiebreak scenarios. It got deleted in about 5 minutes, too bad you didn't see it then. Not sure why fbg moderator would delete someone trying to help out.
I made a thread at beginning of season warning people of playoff tiebreak issues trying to help out. It got deleted about 5 minutes later, too bad you didn't see it the 5 minutes it was here. It would have saved you this headache. Good luck.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

When skimming this board, I have seen situations where people were robbed by some ##### or another and a witch hunt started about aliases and this and that...the OP here is a bleeping tool for having even uttered Shawns name in such a way. Even for the flaming C u nts who want to say his site looks like Myspace or whatever other unoriginal nonsense dribbled off your chin, more time went into the design of 2% of that league than most of your commissioners do in an entire season and he friggin returned the money to the dumb OP so why is his name being trashed?

As for the spiral into what is a good league or excessive or whatever....does it matter? Is there anyone who has ever said it is ok to join a league and not know the rules or to join a league and not follow the rules? Those saying the OP should have received a WARNING first are idiots...that would be this league following your crappy league's rules.

Recap...Shawn runs a league many people cannot imagine devoting that much time to and Shawn carried out the bylaws as they were stated against a slouch who couldn't handle the rules he agreed to by joing the league and now Shawns name is being trashed and ridiculed by the OP, various trolls and parasites. Stay classy Sharkpool. This place is obviously as worthless as the rumors of several threads I have seen in the past year.

When skimming this board, I have seen situations where people were robbed by some ##### or another and a witch hunt started about aliases and this and that...the OP here is a bleeping tool for having even uttered Shawns name in such a way. Even for the flaming C u nts who want to say his site looks like Myspace or whatever other unoriginal nonsense dribbled off your chin, more time went into the design of 2% of that league than most of your commissioners do in an entire season and he friggin returned the money to the dumb OP so why is his name being trashed?

As for the spiral into what is a good league or excessive or whatever....does it matter? Is there anyone who has ever said it is ok to join a league and not know the rules or to join a league and not follow the rules? Those saying the OP should have received a WARNING first are idiots...that would be this league following your crappy league's rules.

Recap...Shawn runs a league many people cannot imagine devoting that much time to and Shawn carried out the bylaws as they were stated against a slouch who couldn't handle the rules he agreed to by joing the league and now Shawns name is being trashed and ridiculed by the OP, various trolls and parasites. Stay classy Sharkpool. This place is obviously as worthless as the rumors of several threads I have seen in the past year.
best SP thread in awhile...

Do all of my secrets have to be revealed on this board? Jeesh. Honestly, forums like FBGs actually aid in helping the opponents of us diehard FFers. This forum has a ton of members. Hell, guys at my work are lurkers. I think we collectively need to strategize on a balance of worthwhile topics for discussion. Some code of conduct is needed to preserve the hard work we do, share it but not share ALL of it. I'm not sure what the solution is or if there is a viable one, but part of the reason I lurk more than participate is that I don't want to share knowledge and wisdom I've honed in my 22+ seasons.

With the season fast approaching, I wandered over there yesterday. I picked up Jeremy Hill in my dynasty draft and saw he had a thread, so I wandered in to the last few pages to see what people are saying lately.

Whoa boy. The thread has split along a dividing line between Hill supporters and Bernard supporters. They're referring to themselves as "Team Hill" and "Team Gio", even going so far as to use hashtags (#teamhill). It's like Twilight over there.

With the season fast approaching, I wandered over there yesterday. I picked up Jeremy Hill in my dynasty draft and saw he had a thread, so I wandered in to the last few pages to see what people are saying lately.

Whoa boy. The thread has split along a dividing line between Hill supporters and Bernard supporters. They're referring to themselves as "Team Hill" and "Team Gio", even going so far as to use hashtags (#teamhill). It's like Twilight over there.
It's awful!! As a Gio owner I wanted to engage in real conversation, which was impossible! One post and I snuck out the emergency exit, that thread is awful. Then all of the Hill owners were complaining he was getting too much time in the game last night. The volume of awfulness in that thread is quite shocking, even for the shark pool.

Do all of my secrets have to be revealed on this board? Jeesh. Honestly, forums like FBGs actually aid in helping the opponents of us diehard FFers. This forum has a ton of members. Hell, guys at my work are lurkers. I think we collectively need to strategize on a balance of worthwhile topics for discussion. Some code of conduct is needed to preserve the hard work we do, share it but not share ALL of it. I'm not sure what the solution is or if there is a viable one, but part of the reason I lurk more than participate is that I don't want to share knowledge and wisdom I've honed in my 22+ seasons.
Link?

Amazing.

Somebody should tell him it's all luck.

It's awful!! As a Gio owner I wanted to engage in real conversation, which was impossible! One post and I snuck out the emergency exit, that thread is awful. Then all of the Hill owners were complaining he was getting too much time in the game last night. The volume of awfulness in that thread is quite shocking, even for the shark pool.
I've never won a FF league that I've been in. Sometimes I think, "Maybe I don't care enough or devote enough time."Then I read threads like that and think, "On second thought, I'm quite comfortable with how much I care about fantasy football."

Team ROFLCOPTERS, on 22 Sept 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Team ROFLCOPTERS said:
PS.. if you shove strike someone like that on the street that is assault. If a man does that to me I punch him in the adams apple and put him on the ground. This fires me up in a big way.
lol... You mad bro??

Discussing Jared Cook shoving Davis out of the way on the sidelines after Cook dropped a TD pass...

I started a thread at beginning of season trying to help people out with theses kinds of issues. It got deleted in about 5 minutes. Not sure why. I asked fbg to have an article at beginning of season after they deleted my thread. good luck, too bad you didn't read my thread the

5 minutes it was here.
Still :lmao:

From the Julio Jones thread this morning:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=667689&p=17561451

Please. 16 point game with about 6 to go. No sign of stopping Rodgers all day? Game was over.

That being said, I've reviewed the play where he got hurt and it's very hard to tell. I've narrowed it to either 1) hip flexor strain when he tried to pull out of the leg tackle, 2) labrum issue from when he landed on his left knee while the defender held his right ankle. With either he could potentially play, but obviously a labrum issue could be worse. Marshall has famously played through that, and then had surgery in the offseason. Harvin missed lots of time with it.

I'm not positive it's either, but with my background in sports med and PT, those look to be very possible based on the play in question.

From Sunday:

Eagles are going to get smoked this week. Game won't even be close. Seahawks eat these type of "up tempo", no defense teams alive.
This is the only post I've seen of this thread from using the drop down feature in the SP. I'm sure it's the dumbest as well. Good job.
We will see come Sunday. If Im correct you will feel pretty stupid.
Let's not even act like this was a game. You should never post again bro. :lmao:

was anyone actually here during the 'epic' 5 minutes?

From Sunday:

Eagles are going to get smoked this week. Game won't even be close. Seahawks eat these type of "up tempo", no defense teams alive.
This is the only post I've seen of this thread from using the drop down feature in the SP. I'm sure it's the dumbest as well. Good job.
We will see come Sunday. If Im correct you will feel pretty stupid.
Let's not even act like this was a game. You should never post again bro. :lmao:
This makes you dumber than he is. Eagles do have a great defense. My actual thoughts pre-game ~~> http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=721952&page=3#entry17553314

This is a respect issue. They clearly have no respect for themselves or others. You owe it to the people you play with in the league to finish the game honestly and try to win. If two douchbags in the championship game agree to spit the money evenly after it's all over, so be it, that is their business. They can take care of that in their own time. However, all the losers in here who say these guys not setting a lineup is none of your business, are probably losers in their own life and have no standards or respect for others just like the two disrespecting hacks in this championship game. They are clearly two peas in a pod that have probably had little success in their own lives and were probably never very good at sports or ever had a winning attitude. They were probably given participation soccer trophies and told they were winners after a 1-1 tie and then taken out for ice cream. They certainly never played a sport seriously and have probably never had a good coach or bothered reading or learning about any of the great coaches. Anyone who has ever participated in a sport and had a coach or dad worth anything was taught better than to be a disrespecting loser like these two and would never insult every other member in the league by throwing in the towel and not playing in the final game. This has nothing to do with fantasy football as much as it has to do about personal attitude and how you were raised. If you were raised with respect, you would play the game and finish, win or lose. I see this sort of behavior more and more in people as the culture becomes more and more feminized. If this sort of crap happened in my league, I would without a doubt be finding a new league next year and I would lose all respect for the two people involved.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=723304&p=17610208

Users who are viewing this thread