What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Battle Of The Birds Seahawks @ Eagles (1 Viewer)

Eagles win 31-21. Sanchez and Wilson both turn it over. Lynch gets stuffed, special teams plays a a part - Sproles punt return? - Kendricks, Matthews and Shady all play a big part in the win.

I just think we match up perfectly with them. Passing game doesn't scare me, they have a 3rd string C and rookie RT on the line and Wilson gets sacked often and we know what our pass rush brings. Won't be too close - Seattle gets some garbage time points.
I really don't understand how anybody thinks it's a great matchup for the Eagles. I think it's a horrible matchup. Seattle does not switch out their back 7 defenders and they are all stud athletes. Half the Eagles attack is based on the hurry-up and I think it will have a negligible effect on the Seattle defense. Seattle's backfield will play close to the line to really limit the run game.

The Seattle offense vs. Philly defense will be interesting. But even in bad games, Wilson seems to get the team points. If you take away the 13-9 victory against the Panthers earlier this year, the Seattle offense hasn't put up under 19 points in any game. Looking at defense statistics, Philly's defense looks really average (I don't watch a lot of Philly games, so I am just basing this off rankings). The worse part of the Seattle offense is their red zone play. They seem to stall near the goal line on a lot of drives. I think if this happens, then Philly will be able to keep it within a TD. Otherwise I'm expecting a 27-17 score in a game that is really not that close.
Rotating players though is only part of it. Its the tempo. "we thought we were ready for it but practice is nothing like facing it" says every defense that faces Chip Kelly for the first time.

"You can't do a couple of extra wind sprints for a week and think you're ready. We've been doing it since training camp" - Chip Kelly

Eagles win 31-21. Sanchez and Wilson both turn it over. Lynch gets stuffed, special teams plays a a part - Sproles punt return? - Kendricks, Matthews and Shady all play a big part in the win.

I just think we match up perfectly with them. Passing game doesn't scare me, they have a 3rd string C and rookie RT on the line and Wilson gets sacked often and we know what our pass rush brings. Won't be too close - Seattle gets some garbage time points.
I really don't understand how anybody thinks it's a great matchup for the Eagles. I think it's a horrible matchup. Seattle does not switch out their back 7 defenders and they are all stud athletes. Half the Eagles attack is based on the hurry-up and I think it will have a negligible effect on the Seattle defense. Seattle's backfield will play close to the line to really limit the run game.

The Seattle offense vs. Philly defense will be interesting. But even in bad games, Wilson seems to get the team points. If you take away the 13-9 victory against the Panthers earlier this year, the Seattle offense hasn't put up under 19 points in any game. Looking at defense statistics, Philly's defense looks really average (I don't watch a lot of Philly games, so I am just basing this off rankings). The worse part of the Seattle offense is their red zone play. They seem to stall near the goal line on a lot of drives. I think if this happens, then Philly will be able to keep it within a TD. Otherwise I'm expecting a 27-17 score in a game that is really not that close.
Rotating players though is only part of it. Its the tempo. "we thought we were ready for it but practice is nothing like facing it" says every defense that faces Chip Kelly for the first time.

"You can't do a couple of extra wind sprints for a week and think you're ready. We've been doing it since training camp" - Chip Kelly
The Seahawks practice up-tempo and often in game conditions. It really isn't a one week pick-up for this team.

I have an odd feeling this will be a high-scoring game. Eagles special teams will set-up some short fields, and Wilson will make some plays downfield against the weakness of the Eagles D. I expect Kearse to have a 40+ yd TD.

Eagles win w/ a FG late, 30-28

Not sure if it's been discussed, but Seattle will be putting Maxwell on slot and starting Simon at CB. All three Seattle CBs will play press and like to mix it up at line of scrimmage. I wonder how well Mathews gets off line of scrimmage.

On paper I think this is a good matchup for the Eagles but I see the Seahawks winning this game. Sanchez hasn't faced a defense like this and I think he'll make a few too many mistakes in this game.

I'm an Eagles fan and I don't see how we win this one.

We've lost to every good team we've faced: ARI, SF, GB and got lucky vs IND.

We've got a good record at home but against poor competition.

I'd love to be wrong but I think Seattle takes this one and sets us up for a must-win vs DAL next week.
No comment one way or the other on the info above--I wanted to point out I love your avatar of Captain Avatar and my childhood love of Starblazers. That is all.
The pessimist in me agrees.

The optimist in me knows we DID best IND, and were 1 yard away from besting SF and AZ.

They really are THAT close to being 11-1, and wins after the long trips out west, against playoff level competition, would have been complete surprises IMO...and they almost got 'em!

Should be a helluva game.
All those game were on the road and to explain away Indy is a bit disingenuous. Yes we got lucky with Indy and we got unlucky with SF and ARZ. Also, DAL is a good team and the Eagles trounced them.

Unlucky with SF? Wasn't that the game where the Eagles offense scored zero points?

Unlucky with Arizona? No, the Cardinals made a great play at the end to win that game.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really don't understand how anybody thinks it's a great matchup for the Eagles. I think it's a horrible matchup. Seattle does not switch out their back 7 defenders and they are all stud athletes. Half the Eagles attack is based on the hurry-up and I think it will have a negligible effect on the Seattle defense. Seattle's backfield will play close to the line to really limit the run game.The Seattle offense vs. Philly defense will be interesting. But even in bad games, Wilson seems to get the team points. If you take away the 13-9 victory against the Panthers earlier this year, the Seattle offense hasn't put up under 19 points in any game. Looking at defense statistics, Philly's defense looks really average (I don't watch a lot of Philly games, so I am just basing this off rankings). The worse part of the Seattle offense is their red zone play. They seem to stall near the goal line on a lot of drives. I think if this happens, then Philly will be able to keep it within a TD. Otherwise I'm expecting a 27-17 score in a game that is really not that close.
Rotating players though is only part of it. Its the tempo. "we thought we were ready for it but practice is nothing like facing it" says every defense that faces Chip Kelly for the first time."You can't do a couple of extra wind sprints for a week and think you're ready. We've been doing it since training camp" - Chip Kelly
The Ealges tempo didn't seem to bother the Packers at all. And Seattle has a much better D than the Packers.

I'm an Eagles fan and I don't see how we win this one.

We've lost to every good team we've faced: ARI, SF, GB and got lucky vs IND.

We've got a good record at home but against poor competition.

I'd love to be wrong but I think Seattle takes this one and sets us up for a must-win vs DAL next week.
No comment one way or the other on the info above--I wanted to point out I love your avatar of Captain Avatar and my childhood love of Starblazers. That is all.
The pessimist in me agrees.

The optimist in me knows we DID best IND, and were 1 yard away from besting SF and AZ.

They really are THAT close to being 11-1, and wins after the long trips out west, against playoff level competition, would have been complete surprises IMO...and they almost got 'em!

Should be a helluva game.
All those game were on the road and to explain away Indy is a bit disingenuous. Yes we got lucky with Indy and we got unlucky with SF and ARZ. Also, DAL is a good team and the Eagles trounced them.
Agreed, tougher games this year have been on the road... and as for 'lucky' beating IND it's all relative. Close game, could've gone either way.

Eagles on road - 3-3

Against 5 good/great teams:

One blowout loss (GB)

One blowout win (DAL)

Three close games - Win (IND) Losses (SF, ARI)

All three of the close ones could have gone either way, IND could've scored on goal to go, PHI the same in the other two.

Especially given the long road travel, I'm very content with the Iggles performance on the road.

At home, been sensational. Nice streak going... once we broke that long losing at home streak Andy left us with (and Chip continued for 2 games) IIRC it's 10 regular season wins in a row at the Linc

Unlucky with SF? Wasn't that the game where the Eagles offense scored zero points?

Unlucky with Arizona? No, the Cardinals made a great play at the end to win that game.
Agreed, not unlucky. Close games between good, playoff level teams. The Eagles DID find a way to score 21 points on D/ST...and that's something "good" teams do when the offense is struggling on the road.

Bottom line, they had a goal to go situation to win it... and failed. But it's all 3 phases, 2/3 didn't cut it that day 3000 miles from home.

I believe a healthier line and run game now makes a HUGE diff. 4 linemen injured/out of position that game. Offense sputtered. Apples and Oranges.

I really don't understand how anybody thinks it's a great matchup for the Eagles. I think it's a horrible matchup. Seattle does not switch out their back 7 defenders and they are all stud athletes. Half the Eagles attack is based on the hurry-up and I think it will have a negligible effect on the Seattle defense. Seattle's backfield will play close to the line to really limit the run game.The Seattle offense vs. Philly defense will be interesting. But even in bad games, Wilson seems to get the team points. If you take away the 13-9 victory against the Panthers earlier this year, the Seattle offense hasn't put up under 19 points in any game. Looking at defense statistics, Philly's defense looks really average (I don't watch a lot of Philly games, so I am just basing this off rankings). The worse part of the Seattle offense is their red zone play. They seem to stall near the goal line on a lot of drives. I think if this happens, then Philly will be able to keep it within a TD. Otherwise I'm expecting a 27-17 score in a game that is really not that close.
Rotating players though is only part of it. Its the tempo. "we thought we were ready for it but practice is nothing like facing it" says every defense that faces Chip Kelly for the first time."You can't do a couple of extra wind sprints for a week and think you're ready. We've been doing it since training camp" - Chip Kelly
The Ealges tempo didn't seem to bother the Packers at all. And Seattle has a much better D than the Packers.
Yeah but I'd say the Packer at Lambau are probably the best team in the league. GB came out and 17 on the board before I poured my first beer.

Should be a fun game today.

I think this game is a referendum for mark Sanchez. At home against the Seahawks is a much fairer test than on the road, but the way Seattle is playing right now it's tough to beat them anywhere.

Personally, I don't think the Seahawks have faced anything like the chip kelly offense. It's not just a hurry up offense, and is not just faster than other hurry up offenses. The broncos and patriots get to the line fast but then they it guys in motion to see what the coverage is. Then they let the coverage dictate their play call. The Eagles don't do that. They call a play from the sidelines and dictate to the defense.

But the Seahawks do the sale thing jn defense. They don't substitute based on the offensive personnel. They play their base d most of the time and make the offense figure out how to beat them. Both teams are kind of in uncharted water here.

On defense, the Eagles have lived off of creating turnovers and causing problems up front to protect their secondary. I think they can beat the Seahawks o line and receivers, but I don't think they're consistent enough to neutralize Wilson altogether. The Eagles are going to have to put up points.

I think it comes down to sanchez. If he can score on the Seahawks, he can score on anyone. And that, plus a playoff win or two, could solidify him as their long term starter. This is a huge week for him and his career.

The Eagles made a great play to intercept Luck and then go on to score the winning TD on that turnover, but that was lucky. Yeah sure.

The Eagles made a great play to intercept Luck and then go on to score the winning TD on that turnover, but that was lucky. Yeah sure.
Where did I say that?

And please explain how the losses to Arz and SF were unlucky.

Where did I say that?

I think the original poster is mixing up the terms 'lucky' with 'a close game that could have gone either way'.

Where did I say that?

I think the original poster is mixing up the terms 'lucky' with 'a close game that could have gone either way'.
Agreed. But you could also call it luck. Whenever it comes down to a finish that close, a tiny bit of luck can affect the game. I think we were unlucky to lose to SF and to Arizona. However, if we had won those games, we would have been lucky to win them.

line just moved from philly - 1.5 to even in the last hour on the site i follow for odds. Interesting.

Seattle is hard to cap. They are finally 100% healthy. Not accounting for the guys they got back the past few games is just silly.

The key for the Eagles is to not let Seattle get up early so Sancheekz can still use PA fakes effectively (which he has been great at). In a close one, it will comedown to who can score in the rdzn. Both teams have been poor there. This either gets out of hand really early where Sancheekz has to "win" the game (which he hasn't ever been capable of) or its close, similar to the extremes of the GB game. If Seattle can deliver a few early blows, Sanchez will fold like 2-7o and ruin my Sunday. If Sancheekz mows down this defense, which I doubt, then I will shut up about him for a few weeks.

Hopefully that doesn't occur and our DEFENSE can win this one for us LIKE THEY HAVE ALL SEASON.

I'm tossing out the numbers here. Hawks pound the ball and play great defense today. Seattle 27 - Eagles 13. Both teams are 9-4 afterwards. The Eagles play Dallas for the Div lead, again, next week.

Eagles are going to get smoked this week. Game won't even be close. Seahawks eat these type of "up tempo", no defense teams alive.
This is the only post I've seen of this thread from using the drop down feature in the SP. I'm sure it's the dumbest as well. Good job.
We will see come Sunday. If Im correct you will feel pretty stupid.
Let's not even act like this was a game. You should never post again bro. :lmao:

Eagles are going to get smoked this week. Game won't even be close. Seahawks eat these type of "up tempo", no defense teams alive.
This is the only post I've seen of this thread from using the drop down feature in the SP. I'm sure it's the dumbest as well. Good job.
We will see come Sunday. If Im correct you will feel pretty stupid.
Let's not even act like this was a game. You should never post again bro. :lmao:
where u at?

Time of Possession = 42 minutes to 18 minutes

Total Yards = 440 to 139

Eagles fans whining they didn't win because of referring = :lol:

Total Yards = 440 to 139

ITS creating an alias named dinkle heimer = priceless
I don't know what ITS is, but I read the thread from the beginning in the last couple minutes...so I apologize if I took the "live game" complaining too much to heart. But still, I just read what other people were posting...

Total Yards = 440 to 139

ITS creating an alias named dinkle heimer = priceless
I don't know what ITS is, but I read the thread from the beginning in the last couple minutes...so I apologize if I took the "live game" complaining too much to heart. But still, I just read what other people were posting...
ITS = ImTheScientist - another user on this board (or potentially you, which was what he was implying, lol)

Seattle is hard to cap. They are finally 100% healthy. Not accounting for the guys they got back the past few games is just silly.

The key for the Eagles is to not let Seattle get up early so Sancheekz can still use PA fakes effectively (which he has been great at). In a close one, it will comedown to who can score in the rdzn. Both teams have been poor there. This either gets out of hand really early where Sancheekz has to "win" the game (which he hasn't ever been capable of) or its close, similar to the extremes of the GB game. If Seattle can deliver a few early blows, Sanchez will fold like 2-7o and ruin my Sunday. If Sancheekz mows down this defense, which I doubt, then I will shut up about him for a few weeks.

Hopefully that doesn't occur and our DEFENSE can win this one for us LIKE THEY HAVE ALL SEASON.

I'm tossing out the numbers here. Hawks pound the ball and play great defense today. Seattle 27 - Eagles 13. Both teams are 9-4 afterwards. The Eagles play Dallas for the Div lead, again, next week.
Nice work.

My takes from the Game:

-Seattle's defense does not have any glaring weaknesses to exploit. Chip Kelly's offense usually takes what the defense gives them, but Seattle really did give much of anything.

-Russell Wilson is an elite QB. Not that he will ever put up the passing stats of Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady, but that he makes big plays when he has to. The long 3rd down conversion were huge.

-The Eagles defense actually played pretty well. The secondary just couldn't make big plays when they had to, and Trent Cole got sucked in a couple times which gave Wilson some easy runs. He finally adjusted, but

not before the damage was done.

If Chip doesn't find some way to attack this defense, a playoff game against the Seahawks will go much like yesterday.

Great game Seahawks. You looked like SB Champions yesterday.

As expected, it's GB or SEA conference, Eagles just aren't there yet. The offense is good but against a defense like that they were embarassed. The QB position is a glaring '?' now. Foles needs another shot.

Sorry but the officials practically gave this game to the Seahawks. When you able to use PI and holding against an offense every play and not get called for it the way Seattle does, it makes it very hard to perform. The amount of missed calls by this group was ####### embarrassing for the NFL level. I mean how do you miss intentional grounding calls? A 300lb line man 15+yds downfield?

Not saying Eagles would have won but some of these blown calls directly helped seattle big time. Reminds me of Packers playing at home and the offensive holding calls being forgotten.

Stop it with the Foles talk. He isn't the future, Sanchez isn't the future. Who will be? I got no idea.

I am all for Cooper being out right benched now too. I don't care who takes his spot. How many INTS have happened from passes thrown towards him this season? 4? 5?

Users who are viewing this thread