What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harry Douglas If Julio Plays - Will You Start Him? (1 Viewer)

. Assuming Jones is out again, Roddy will get the Keenan Lewis treatment in this one, although Lewis hasn't been the same since his midseason knee injury. He's surrendered five touchdowns over his last six games and is PFF's No. 100 cornerback among 104 qualifiers over the past five weeks. White has 90-plus yards and/or a touchdown in six of his last seven games. He's a WR2 at the Superdome. Keep in mind the Saints primarily left Lewis on Roddy in these teams' Week 1 meeting. Roddy went 5-72-1 on six targets. ... In the event Lewis does give White some trouble, Douglas would remain a target monster. Douglas has pathetically scored just five touchdowns across his last 45 regular season games, but he is capable of being a PPR machine. He's a legitimate WR2 in points-per-reception leagues if Julio can't go.

. Assuming Jones is out again, Roddy will get the Keenan Lewis treatment in this one, although Lewis hasn't been the same since his midseason knee injury. He's surrendered five touchdowns over his last six games and is PFF's No. 100 cornerback among 104 qualifiers over the past five weeks. White has 90-plus yards and/or a touchdown in six of his last seven games. He's a WR2 at the Superdome. Keep in mind the Saints primarily left Lewis on Roddy in these teams' Week 1 meeting. Roddy went 5-72-1 on six targets. ... In the event Lewis does give White some trouble, Douglas would remain a target monster. Douglas has pathetically scored just five touchdowns across his last 45 regular season games, but he is capable of being a PPR machine. He's a legitimate WR2 in points-per-reception leagues if Julio can't go.
Yeah if Julio can't go Douglas is clearly a strong start. But I'm more interested in this thread about whether people will still start Douglas if Julio does play.

I don't think so. Julio hasn't practiced in two weeks, but there seems to be more optimism. I'd probably roll Josh Gordon or Andre Johnson in instead of Douglas alongside Cobb. PPR

If Julio Jones plays, I am not starting Douglas. Will need to chose between Andre Williams and Donte Moncrief (assuming T.Y. Hilton is out)

If Julio plays, don't start Douglass... It's either one or the other. I still don't think Julio Plays and I think ATL holding out hope he can go but something tells me he may sit...

I'm actually sitting with all 3! I'm only going to start 1, what I'm hoping I don't have to decide is between Julio and roddy.

If Julio sits as we have all said, I'll clearly go Douglas.

If Julio plays I'm leaving roddy.

If Julio Jones plays, I am not starting Douglas. Will need to chose between Andre Williams and Donte Moncrief (assuming T.Y. Hilton is out)
I don't agree with benching Douglas if Julio plays. The Saints pass defense is horrible and there will be plenty go go around. Not to mention the possibility of Jones having to come out of the game. I would certainly play Douglass over lower tier starters, such as Doug Martin or Anquan Boldin, etc, and even Andre Williams in your choices. However, if Hilton sits I would start Moncrief over Douglas if Julio plays.

Harry, Moncreif or Randle in my flex.

It would be nice to know about the injury situations.
Leave Randle out of the decision and either go with Moncrief (if Hilton is out) or Douglas if Hilton plays, regardless as to whether Jones sits or not.

Harry, Moncreif or Randle in my flex.

It would be nice to know about the injury situations.
Leave Randle out of the decision and either go with Moncrief (if Hilton is out) or Douglas if Hilton plays, regardless as to whether Jones sits or not.
Second.Douglas has a nice floor compared to the guys on this convo. Hes gonna see 8 or 10 targets whatever Julio does.

And if Julio is out there at half strength, Douglas has a safety on him all day, could be a perfect storm.

If Julio starts, I would probably sit Douglas for J. Mathews if I had that option. However, since Mathews plays today I'm probably rolling with Douglas no matter what Julio's status is for the game.

I have about 3 hours to make my decision..either go with Boldin tonight, or roll the dice and bench Boldin tonight, and leave myself with just Douglas for tomorrow, and plugging him in regardless of whether Julio plays.

I'm leaning towards playing Boldin with the news today it's looking like Julio will go tomorrow.

In Week 1 vs. the Saints:

Julio: 7-116-0

Roddy: 5-72-1

Douglas: 6-69-0
Still starting Douglas based on this and the fact that Julio, with the injury he has, could go right back out of the lineup on the first tackle.....and Douglas is a better option than my other options.

So Julio is playing. This game should be a shoot out. There is a chance Julio aggravates the injury and can't finish. If Douglas is being called upon to be a flex or WR 3, I think even with Julio playing, you can expect 5 receptions, 70 yards, and 0.5 chance of a TD. In PPR, that equates to 15 points. That would likely be his floor.

ETA: I picked up Douglas as a replacement for TY Hilton. I completely missed the boat on Moncrief as being a better Hilton replacement. Oh well. :doh: :banned: I think Douglas should post respectable stats. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, Douglas was such a good play with Julio out. This sucks. I left Rivers on the bench due to the SF D and he was sucking it awful and then gets great garbage points (of course he throws 2 INTs in garbage time last week when I start him), so I am already behind the eight ball. I'm wondering if Decker may slide in for garbage time points (PPR). He's been solid with Geno the last two games and was actually pretty solid early in the season with him as well.

Benching Harry - for Julio in one league and for Amendola in another (that also boasts return yardage value).

Can't rely on him getting targets this week.

Users who are viewing this thread