What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** SF @ SEA Game Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pink

Footballguy
I'm seeing high winds and a 100% chance of rain. I'd like to see the Seattle homers chime in from time to time with updates, if possible.

Obviously the high winds impact the passing game, but do we just automatically assume that results in big games from SA and Gore, or will they be impacted as well? This really does look like a deluge. Field turf or not, this could be one sloppy game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[over reacting]D'oh! I was all set to install Vernon Davis for Cooley.[/over reacting]

then again, davis for cooleymight not be a bad call anyway seeing how bad campbell/wash has been.

[over reacting]D'oh! I was all set to install Vernon Davis for Cooley.[/over reacting]then again, davis for cooleymight not be a bad call anyway seeing how bad campbell/wash has been.
Don't underestimate Cooley. Campbell looks his way quite a bit, plus Cooley has the potential to turn a small catch into a huge gain.

I'm seeing high winds and a 100% chance of rain. I'd like to see the Seattle homers chime in from time to time with updates, if possible.Obviously the high winds impact the passing game, but do we just automatically assume that results in big games from SA and Gore, or will they be impacted as well? This really does look like a deluge. Field turf or not, this could be one sloppy game.
I would agree with you on this, wind and rain....why wouldnt this effect the passing game for those who dont agree?

I would agree with you on this, wind and rain....why wouldnt this effect the passing game for those who dont agree?
The wind could be a bigger impact than the rain.Whenever these discussions come up, it's always pointed out that a slick field can actually help the offense since they know when they're going to cut and the defense has to react. Of course, the QB still has to get the ball to the receiver, but even short passes can turn into nice gains on a bad field.

is it just me or has every thursday's game weather been way over blown?
It's not you. Weather hasn't been an issue at all in the last two games.That said, the Seattle defense isn't a bad play this week. Smith is struggling and the Seahawks need to bounce back after last week's loss. For what it's worth, the home defense has been a good play the last two weeks. I think that trend continues tomorrow night.

It's not you. Weather hasn't been an issue at all in the last two games.That said, the Seattle defense isn't a bad play this week. Smith is struggling and the Seahawks need to bounce back after last week's loss. For what it's worth, the home defense has been a good play the last two weeks. I think that trend continues tomorrow night.
Anyone considering benching Hasselbeck? :angry:

Isn't the turf in Seatle designed to hold up in extreme weather conditions? I just remember the female reporter on the sidelines at the MNF game saying how despite the snowy weather, footing was not an issue.

Since I am facing the SA owner this week, I hope it limits the run game as well, but have to think realistically it will increase the number of touches for Shaun and Gore.

Anyone considering benching Hasselbeck? :wall:
I am bro...not sure just yet... I got Bulger next and that play isnt all that great for me either... ;)

Anyone considering benching Hasselbeck? :wall:
I am bro...not sure just yet... I got Bulger next and that play isnt all that great for me either... ;)
I hear ya...Unfortunately I have Cutler, which against Arizona I am considering it if the weather is that bad Thursday night.

Anyone considering benching Hasselbeck? ;)
Check out his production in December historically and then make your decision.

Actually, does anyone have any bad weather stats for Hasselback? Or even SEA homers who remember some of his games? I imagine this won't be the first time he plays in the rain out there.

Actually, does anyone have any bad weather stats for Hasselback? Or even SEA homers who remember some of his games? I imagine this won't be the first time he plays in the rain out there.
I'm more concerned about the 25 mile an hour winds combined with the rain. That may make Holgren ground him.

Every time I get nervous about weather and bench a player I wind up kicking myself!

Not this time - sticking with Hass unless a hurricane comes through there - its Seattle - he's used to the rainy windy weather.

Last 3 year December totals....219 of 324 for 2684 yards 22 TDs and 10 INTs through 11 games...not too bad but not sure what kind of weather those games had. Take it for what it's worth!

Every time I get nervous about weather and bench a player I wind up kicking myself! Not this time - sticking with Hass unless a hurricane comes through there - its Seattle - he's used to the rainy windy weather.
Love this qoute man...and your right I think... I think the winds outside of the stadium will be rough, inside not as bad.....rain isnt a concern for me over wind...hasslebeck played in snow 3 weeks ago...did ok..in 2nd half..

Every time I get nervous about weather and bench a player I wind up kicking myself! Not this time - sticking with Hass unless a hurricane comes through there - its Seattle - he's used to the rainy windy weather.
Love this qoute man...and your right I think... I think the winds outside of the stadium will be rough, inside not as bad.....rain isnt a concern for me over wind...hasslebeck played in snow 3 weeks ago...did ok..in 2nd half..
:ptts: Anyone out there know what happens inside Qwest Field when there are windy conditions outside?

Im going to bench Hasslebeck and go with Garcia (Lord Help Me)

Over 1 inch of rain and 20-30mph winds I dont like even a little bit. Not worth it to me to chance it during the playoffs.

Im going to bench Hasslebeck and go with Garcia (Lord Help Me)Over 1 inch of rain and 20-30mph winds I dont like even a little bit. Not worth it to me to chance it during the playoffs.
Bold move - if Hass doesn't have a great game due to weather I can live with it - but to bench him for Garcia and then lose cause Hass lights it up.......it would be a long offseason thinking about that move!

Im going to bench Hasslebeck and go with Garcia (Lord Help Me)Over 1 inch of rain and 20-30mph winds I dont like even a little bit. Not worth it to me to chance it during the playoffs.
Bold move - if Hass doesn't have a great game due to weather I can live with it - but to bench him for Garcia and then lose cause Hass lights it up.......it would be a long offseason thinking about that move!
Actually not as bold as you may think. Garcia has been very adequate as the Eagles QB. The Giants rank 29th in the NFL in passing Defense. Garcia will throw it 30+ times.All I ask is 200+ and 2 TD's so not that bold

I will say this - this is not typical weather for Seattle at this time of year. Weather has been pretty bad in Seattle recently, and that's not the norm. It's normally very light rain, albeit practically constant. But they had a record rainfall this November, and that heavy snow we saw the other week is almost unheard of. So comparing Hasselbeck's past November and December output might not be all that relevant here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read in the Seattle Times a few times about how the stadium is designed so the rain mostly falls on the opponent's bench and leaves the sseahawks side more dry. Not sure how this works but they discussed all the meterologists who helped designed the stadium, but then again I have no idea about the wind so it could mess everything up. It usually isnt that windy in Seattle compared to other places.

I emailed Shick! about this topic yesterday (he lives in Seattle)...

I was thinking about starting Alex Smith because the Niners figure to be throwing a lot. He said not to worry too much about the rain, due to the fact that it rarely rains HARD in Seattle, and he thought that Smith might pile up some nice garbage time numbers. I'm still having a hard time pulling the trigger though. Smith is kinda awful.

Hasselbeck situational stats...

Situation-G-QBRat-Comp--Att---Pct---Yds---Y/G--Y/A--TD--Int-Rush-Yds--Y/G--Avg--TD Precip.---7--82.6---74--127--58.3---795--99.4--6.3---6----3---18--83-10.4--4.6---1 Windy-----9--70.7--128--220--58.2--1422--83.6--6.5---3----6---28--98--5.8--3.5---0Total----90--86.1-1498-2473--60.6-17742-152.9--7.2-112---68--202-790--6.8--3.9---5Using FBG scoring...Average FPts/Game: 12.8

Precip FPts/Game: 9.3

Windy FPts/Game: 7.7

Please don't ask about the conditions needed for a game to be classified as precipitation and/or windy... I used used Yahoo! stats...

Is the sample large enough? maybe not... are the differences negligeable? or not even the cause of the weather but the opponents, the situation and/or his teamates?... who knows...

I don't own him... you decide... :shrug:

I've read in the Seattle Times a few times about how the stadium is designed so the rain mostly falls on the opponent's bench and leaves the sseahawks side more dry. Not sure how this works but they discussed all the meterologists who helped designed the stadium, but then again I have no idea about the wind so it could mess everything up. It usually isnt that windy in Seattle compared to other places.
:tumbleweed: Reminds me of how they used to shut off the hot water in the visitors' locker rooms at the old Boston Garden.

What about kickers? i'm sure some playoff teams playing this week have Josh Brown.

If it's windy...real windy...I might sit him for Tynes

I have the same choice in in front of me. I was strongly leaning toward Hass but between the weather and the fact he'll be missing his best WR I'm starting to think Garcia might be the way to go. There's also the danger that Seattle will be able to run the ball at will against SF and won't have to throw much. I hate having to make these kind of calls in the playoffs.

What about kickers? i'm sure some playoff teams playing this week have Josh Brown.If it's windy...real windy...I might sit him for Tynes
I think that this is relevant point given the thread.I have Josh Brown in a playoff game as well.I will check out Weather.com hourly forecast at some point tomorrow.Other options are off of the WW. Scobee at Tenn or Nugent in a dome at Minn.OTOH, Brown did kick well in bad conditions vs GB.I'll bench Brown if the wind is slated to be > 15 mph

Anyone considering benching Hasselbeck? :thumbup:
Plus there was a very interesting interview with some 'hawk - I think it was Homgren, actually - who was talking about how Hasselbeck is a great poor weather QB.After some jitters a couple weeks ago in the GB game, he settled down and made some sweet throws. He had more drops (and drops in the end zone) than bad throws, and that includes the 3 picks.

Hasselbeck situational stats...

Situation-G-QBRat-Comp--Att---Pct---Yds---Y/G--Y/A--TD--Int-Rush-Yds--Y/G--Avg--TD Precip.---7--82.6---74--127--58.3---795--99.4--6.3---6----3---18--83-10.4--4.6---1 Windy-----9--70.7--128--220--58.2--1422--83.6--6.5---3----6---28--98--5.8--3.5---0Total----90--86.1-1498-2473--60.6-17742-152.9--7.2-112---68--202-790--6.8--3.9---5Using FBG scoring...Average FPts/Game: 12.8

Precip FPts/Game: 9.3

Windy FPts/Game: 7.7

Please don't ask about the conditions needed for a game to be classified as precipitation and/or windy... I used used Yahoo! stats...

Is the sample large enough? maybe not... are the differences negligeable? or not even the cause of the weather but the opponents, the situation and/or his teamates?... who knows...

I don't own him... you decide... :)
Nice pull. Looks like Holmgren didn't have us fantasy players in mind. :bye:

Guys...repeat after me.........ALWAYS START YOUR STUDS

C`mon now....we should all know this by now...especially in the playoffs :)

If Hass = your stud, you may have a viable alternative option because he was injured for so long. Hass may not be your team's "stud."

That said, I am confident starting Hasselbeck tomorrow night.

If Hass = your stud, you may have a viable alternative option because he was injured for so long. Hass may not be your team's "stud."That said, I am confident starting Hasselbeck tomorrow night.
Based on this breaking news...I'm sitting him.

Wife and I received tix to this game as a gift back in October. We'll be traveling up from Oregon. I'm very excited to watch the game (especially as a 49er fan), but I must say these weather reports are making me dread HER reaction. We're sitting first level, end-zone, uncovered. The wife isn't going to like the inch of rain and 30 degree wind-chill.

Wilbur Wood said:
What about kickers? i'm sure some playoff teams playing this week have Josh Brown.If it's windy...real windy...I might sit him for Tynes
I think that this is relevant point given the thread.I have Josh Brown in a playoff game as well.I will check out Weather.com hourly forecast at some point tomorrow.Other options are off of the WW. Scobee at Tenn or Nugent in a dome at Minn.OTOH, Brown did kick well in bad conditions vs GB.I'll bench Brown if the wind is slated to be > 15 mph
What if the wind ends up at his back for a coupla 40+ yarders, n'est pas?

Here's the forecast for the game. I'm not sure if they have something out at Qwest Field or what.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/spor...4&team=biam

It doesn't look that terrible. 47 degrees, 90% chance of rain with 16 mph winds. It could be worse.
According to weather.com, at 9 pm tomorrow night the winds are forecast at 25 mph. That could change a lot between now and tomorrow night.weather.com
No offense, but why would anyone care what the winds are like at 9 pm? The game starts at 5. It should be over by then.At 5:00 per the link I gave, winds are expected to be about 16 mph.

Here's the forecast for the game. I'm not sure if they have something out at Qwest Field or what.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/spor...4&team=biam

It doesn't look that terrible. 47 degrees, 90% chance of rain with 16 mph winds. It could be worse.
According to weather.com, at 9 pm tomorrow night the winds are forecast at 25 mph. That could change a lot between now and tomorrow night.weather.com
No offense, but why would anyone care what the winds are like at 9 pm? The game starts at 5. It should be over by then.At 5:00 per the link I gave, winds are expected to be about 16 mph.
This thread killed me when I benched Houshmanzadah when they played Baltimore. I am thinking about benching Branch for Furrey. I hope I don't make the same mistake again. The NFL network comes on early and reports which is nice, so I guess we can get a good look before game time what it is like.

I work just blocks away from Qwest field. Will try to update weather reports through the day, workload permitting.

Wind this morning was gusting hard, but the rest of the day was fairly innocuous. Local forecast this evening on the radio was calling for ~20 mph winds at game time. The real winds -- some predicting upwards of 50-65 mph -- aren't slated until later in the evening after 10 PM and overnight.

Wife and I received tix to this game as a gift back in October. We'll be traveling up from Oregon. I'm very excited to watch the game (especially as a 49er fan), but I must say these weather reports are making me dread HER reaction. We're sitting first level, end-zone, uncovered. The wife isn't going to like the inch of rain and 30 degree wind-chill.
One of you should start drinking very early then.

Users who are viewing this thread