What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LJ injury updates (1 Viewer)

gump

Footballguy
Let's try this again so I can stay updated on my franchise player please...

Here is the latest:

Chiefs Head coach Herm Edwards said it is unlikely that Larry Johnson (foot) will play in Week 10.

It will be difficult for him to play this week," said Edwards after he received preliminary results regarding Johnson's foot and ankle. Edwards added, "He’s got a swollen foot...that’s not good." Johnson, who was injured in Week 9, will have further examinations and could miss more than one game. Priest Holmes likely will start and has a great matchup against the Broncos. RB Kolby Smith will also get carries. Nov. 6 - 2:05 pm et

Source: Kansas City Star

Last edited by a moderator:
We knew that yesterday......still no word on the MRI, which was supposed to be announced today. LJ reportedly was seen working out @ Arrowhead, so take that FWIW.

We really know nothing past Sunday until teh MRI results are announced.

We knew that yesterday......still no word on the MRI, which was supposed to be announced today. LJ reportedly was seen working out @ Arrowhead, so take that FWIW.

Where did you hear this from?

We knew that yesterday......still no word on the MRI, which was supposed to be announced today. LJ reportedly was seen working out @ Arrowhead, so take that FWIW.We really know nothing past Sunday until teh MRI results are announced.
working out? on crutches?I think the big give away this is something bad was when Herm said "they took an MRI and they're still studying it."

working out? on crutches?I think the big give away this is something bad was when Herm said "they took an MRI and they're still studying it."
I am not sure if this is a give away. I have never quite understood why it takes so long to get results back. An MRi can be read immediatly after it is taken. For a Pro athelet I would guess you could final results within hours. They may be sending the MRI to someone else for a second opinion but again that should be able to be done quickly...

the real question is: who's going to have a better game against Denver ... Holmes or Smith?

Holmes is technically the "starter" but that doesn't mean much. I've read where Holmes and Smith are going to split carries but I foresee Smith being the more explosive of the two and possibly busting out a large run. I don't think Herm would use Holmes in goaline ... just a hunch.

im obviously RB-starved if i'm spending time thinking about which of these two guys i should pick up.

LJ was at the facility....on crutches

By JOSINA ANDERSON, Denver Sports Insider

I just talked to a source inside the Chiefs organization who updated me on the status of Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Two hours ago I was told that Johnson was driven to the facility, and he arrived on crutches. “I don’t know what his prognosis is, whether it’s a sprain or a break,” said the Chiefs source initially. “There is a chance Johnson may be done for the season; but it I’m not for sure yet!”

According to the Chiefs Johnson suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 33-22 loss to the Packers.

Johnson was helped off the field as he was unable to put any weight on the foot. So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards. That total has Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.

While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Debver Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense likely won’t have to face him.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/N...mp;pageId=3.2.1

Supposedly Smith is not very good at the goalline and I think Priest has proved his worth at the goalline over the years including the 2 point conversion on Sunday. I think it is a tossup right now but there's a reason why Smith hasn't had a single carry this year.

OH NO MORE RECENT UPDATE OUT FOR SEASON

Kansas City Chief Larry Johnson Out for Season

Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST

Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST

KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.

According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.

However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the left foot.

So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.

That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.

While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him.

I don't think Herm would use Holmes in goaline ... just a hunch.
I find this opinion......interesting. I won't outright say it's one of the most incorrect statements I've ever seen in the shark pool, I'll just categorize it as very contrarian.

KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.

According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.

That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.

While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him.

Hmmmm...a Denver source? Still nothing on the local message boards. Nothing on Rotoworld. Nothing on ESPN and such.

I'm not buying it.

:shrug:

:o :shrug: This is how my patience is rewarded...

:no:

Hmmmm...a Denver source? Still nothing on the local message boards. Nothing on Rotoworld. Nothing on ESPN and such.

I'm not buying it.

:shrug:
uugh me either i guess...why not hold out hope until the very end.reports were cutlers foot was broken too.

i guess its time to target the lj owners with some trades...stinks, this year has been awful for first round rbs....my dear ronnie brown letter has proven to be disgustingly prophetic. sorry guys.

I'm not buying it.

:lmao:
uugh me either i guess...why not hold out hope until the very end.reports were cutlers foot was broken too.
Yeah...this doesn't pass the smell test. And who is 'Anderson' that the article is referring to?

I really hope you guys are all correct about this being BS. In 3 $ leagues all with LJ on them. Need to really scramble if this is true. Worst of all we will have to lesten to all the "I told you he was going to get hurt. He had 400+ carries last year".

I'm not buying it.

:thumbup:
Yeah...this doesn't pass the smell test. And who is 'Anderson' that the article is referring to?
She works for Fox Denver, but she has connections. She broke the Travis Henry story and has revealed the most info on the case. I would trust her word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like that story was thrown out as quickly as possible...updated link here with the same info/better format

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/S...mp;pageId=6.2.1

I hope this report isn't true and it's just someone trying to make a name for themselves and be the first to report the news....however, I don't know how you can be optomistic with a report like this out there.
This reminds me exactly of how this Henry nonsense started. Unbelievable at first, but then proven true....

Looks like that story was thrown out as quickly as possible...updated link here with the same info/better format

I hope this report isn't true and it's just someone trying to make a name for themselves and be the first to report the news....however, I don't know how you can be optomistic with a report like this out there.
This reminds me exactly of how this Henry nonsense started. Unbelievable at first, but then proven true....
I agree. Still a rumor, but likely going to be true.

This is out of Denver..not out of KC! :thumbup: :thumbup: :IBTL:

This is out of Denver..not out of KC! :IBTL: :IBTL: :IBTL:
:thumbup: This is so that Denver can convince fans to still come out to the games. And trick them into watching them get run all over. (Kinda like my Jets :bag: )

I agree. Still a rumor, but likely going to be true.
It'll be a miracle if LJ isnt done for the year. He couldnt put any weight on it as he was being helped off.

Great. Just when he was finally going to start to come on. I am really torn on whether Holmes is even worth picking up. Not sure if I wouldn't mind having Dayne or Watson instead.

this feels like fantasy karma. i capitalized on priest holmes going down to ride LJ to a couple of championships in a keeper league. i don't have the FA budget left to have a shot at getting priest or kolby.

this will be one hell of a story if priest goes off for 1000/10 over the next 7 weeks.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — One of the NFL's most feeble offenses is almost certain to be without its star running back for at least a week, and possibly longer.

Larry Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowl player, has a sprained right foot and is highly questionable for Sunday's game against Denver, Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday.

Edwards declined to speculate on how long Johnson might be out, saying he did not have enough information.

"He's got a swollen foot right now so that's not good," he said.

Johnson's foot got caught under the weight of A.J. Hawk and twisted awkwardly as the Green Bay linebacker dragged him down from behind in the fourth quarter Sunday of the Packers' 33-22 victory. He was on crutches as he left the stadium.

The severity of it, I don't know because I'm not the doctor," Edwards said. "As far as I know right now, it will be very difficult for him to play this week."

Edwards said the Chiefs were waiting to hear from other doctors.

"Second opinions, MRIs, all that stuff," he said. "The one thing we do here is we make sure we go to the fullest extent of making sure we know exactly where a player's at."

:thumbup:

CBSSportsline has this now:

Larry Johnson, RB KC

News: According to a report from the TV station KDVR in Denver, Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is out for the season. The story said that a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation has confirmed the injury. Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers. However, the TV station has reported that Johnson has a broken bone in his foot. Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that Johnson would be highly questionable for Sunday's game against the Broncos, but Edwards declined to speculate on how long Johnson might be out, saying he did not have enough information.

Analysis: If the report is accurate, this would be terrible news for Johnson owners. Stay tuned to CBSSports.com for more information, but if you haven't done so already, put in your bid for Priest Holmes or even Kolby Smith. For now, don't plan on having Johnson available for Week 10 against Denver. This does not sound good.

Seems like a lot of people are either trying to be prophets of doom or just itching or LJ to be done for the season.

Everwhere I look I see most likely out for week 10.

CBSSportsline has this now:Larry Johnson, RB KCNews: According to a report from the TV station KDVR in Denver, Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is out for the season. The story said that a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation has confirmed the injury. Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers. However, the TV station has reported that Johnson has a broken bone in his foot. Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that Johnson would be highly questionable for Sunday's game against the Broncos, but Edwards declined to speculate on how long Johnson might be out, saying he did not have enough information.Analysis: If the report is accurate, this would be terrible news for Johnson owners. Stay tuned to CBSSports.com for more information, but if you haven't done so already, put in your bid for Priest Holmes or even Kolby Smith. For now, don't plan on having Johnson available for Week 10 against Denver. This does not sound good.
Just saw this as well.

Cbssportsline and NFL.com are virtually the same. They do say "reportedly" so thats not quite as strong a statement as just putting "out" for the season. Perhaps they are in touch with the same sources as the Denver reporter or more than likely just commenting on what she reported.

Everything will be speculation until Edwards confirms this himself. But LJ owners should prepare for the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread