What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

looks like almost 100 teams are already in the toilet...(below the existing cut and no more players)

may have dropped from a top 250 spot, but my favorite part of the pre-MNF prediction is seeing 100% next to the survival probability...

:coffee: I may actually lose out in week 1 this year.

Currently #11883, 59.6% survival rating.

If I survive, the only good news will be few will have some of my players. They all stunk this week except Ryan and Meachem.

In the 8000's with 138 points, 100% chance of survival with Rivers and Moss still going....not great but on to next week....How many people would find the extra $$$ for ADP and Brees today???

lol@the last place entry. Wow.

Peyton Manning $32 0.00

Aaron Rodgers $27 0.00

Eli Manning $16 0.00

Matt Leinart $4 0.00

Matt Forte $45 0.00

Willie Parker $16 0.00

Chris Wells $15 0.00

LenDale White $12 0.00

Chester Taylor $11 0.00

Michael Bush $6 0.00

Ladell Betts $2 0.00

Glen Coffee $2 0.00

Andre Johnson $43 0.00

Hakeem Nicks $4 0.00

Sam Hurd $1 0.00

Jermichael Finley $3 0.00

Sebastian Janikowski $1 0.00

New York Jets $4 0.00

Green Bay Packers $3 0.00

Houston Texans $2 0.00

New Orleans Saints $1 0.00

------------------------------------

TOTAL 0.00

CUTOFF 0.00

Only one TE. Only 1 K. Only 3 WRs (and 2 of them are backups in Nicks and Hurd). Had 8 RBs and every single one crapped the bed.

Yikes!!

According to the simulator, I'm 100% over the cut. I hope that's accurate, cause I don't how I survived, my team blew this weekend.

I'm at ~5000 with 100% survivual, but I think in the long run my TEs are going to kill me (Finley and Bennett). I didn't feel comfortable with them going in, but I couldn't make the numbers work for a suitable upgrade and not give up the other guys I wanted.

# 10,839 with a 96.6 survival rate... wow did my team do poorly.. and Anthony Gonzalez getting hurt did not help things; here is to hoping for a good night from Zach Miller.....

Great I have McNabb and Palmer as my QB's. McNabb could be out 2-4 weeks now with the broken Rib. Palmer better stay healthy for me in order for me to survive.

100% All right!

:blackdot:

I was feeling pretty good at 148 points, plus Brady (-Sanchez's 20ish pts) and plus Sammy Morris at flex if he can beat out the 12ish points from Davone Bess.

20 point weeks from Jennings, Burleson, Crayton, and Cooley really helped a struggling running attack.

Not a very good first week at all, but my squad is moving on with a 100% probability. I'll take it.

Currently at only 127.9 but still have Brady, Sproles, Michael Bush, and Vincent Jackson to go.

97% chance of moving on.

Currently at 117 with Brady having a chance to improve on Sanchez's 20 or so pts. Also have Baker and Oakland D that probably won't help anything.

Need Lynch back soon!!!

jon_mx said:
In the 8000's with 138 points, 100% chance of survival with Rivers and Moss still going....not great but on to next week....How many people would find the extra $$ for ADP and Brees today???
Brees, definitely. Peterson? No way.

Lets be fair here Brees did play the Lions. When he plays the Eagles next week it will be a different story.

Two questions- Where do you see your score so far? and Do you get points for kick return td's, ala J. Cribbs and D. Jackson?
1. You figure it out yourself. There is no live scoring (through FBGs at least) 2. No
Subscribers can use the MyFBG main page to set up and track their teams performance (at least the stats are there today) FG kickers I dont believe are accurate as its the distance of FGs not accounted for.

Would someone be able to have a look for me?

109377 is my number

Thanks in advance

Parm

Feeling a bit dumb, but is there a link to search that list, or are you guys using the hunt and peck method? I am new to this contest, so take it easy on me... :shrug:

NM...I think I found it :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling a bit dumb, but is there a link to search that list, or are you guys using the hunt and peck method? I am new to this contest, so take it easy on me... :thumbup:NM...I think I found it :)
ctrl + f1446 here. Carlson and Shockey at TE looks like a nice value play for me.

GloryDaze said:
The team is 2nd place has 1 QB and 7 TEs. Interesting approach.
:lol: #3 has 2RB, 4WR, 6K, 5TD

I always way overthink this thing
Remember 1 week is short term, making it to week 13 is long term (and tough for the all your eggs in one basket approach at many positions). After week 13, it's about being very good in the relatively short term, relative to the other 249.being 1st or 12,000th this week really has very little meaning, although it could say something about your potential to separate from the crowd.

100 percent. 175 points. But most of it was Drew Brees.

If I could redo my team, I would add a 3rd QB. With only Brees and Garrard, I am in trouble.

Oh well. First time doing this. Hopefully, I'll remember that next year.

QB - Matt Schaub - 20

QB - David Garrard - 18

QB - Matt Leinart - 4

QB - Byron Leftwich - 4

RB - Frank Gore - 43

RB - Chris Johnson - 38

RB - Ray Rice - 21

RB - Darren Sproles - 13

RB - Correll Buckhalter - 2

RB - Glen Coffee - 2

RB - James Davis - 2

WR - Braylon Edwards - 28

WR - Eddie Royal - 26

WR - Chris Henry - 12

WR - Patrick Crayton - 4

WR - Laurent Robinson - 2

TE - Jermichael Finley - 3

TE - Chris Baker - 1

PK - Olindo Mare - 1

PK - Shaun Suisham - 1

TD - Houston Texans - 2

TD - Oakland Raiders - 1

85% survival

Thank You Patrick Crayton and Laurent Robinson. My WR were B.A.D.

Wish I would have read the rules better to know TE were 1.5 ppr.

12,465th place at the moment.

Out of 13,277 entries.

Thinking a combined 125 pts out of Moss, V-Jax, and Gostowski should be just enough to save my bacon.

:excited:

jon_mx said:
How many people would find the extra $$$ for ADP and Brees today???
I wouldn't. It's not like Brees is going to throw for 360 yards and 6 TDs every week, or Peterson will run for 180 and 3. I'd be pissed if I spent more than a third of my budget on two players and they put up what will likely be their best week of the year in week 1 when you don't really need it.

jon_mx said:
How many people would find the extra $$$ for ADP and Brees today???
I wouldn't. It's not like Brees is going to throw for 360 yards and 6 TDs every week, or Peterson will run for 180 and 3. I'd be pissed if I spent more than a third of my budget on two players and they put up what will likely be their best week of the year in week 1 when you don't really need it.
The 6 TD's is an anomaly, but Brees averaged over 300 yards per game last year. If Brees throws for over 5,000 yards again and ups his TD total to near 40, he will be worth it. And if ADP can get 1800 rushing yards, get his TD total up to around 20, he will be worth it. The challenge is then finding those low-teir and mid-tier guys that step up.

Wow, I'm #11,411 with only VJax and Baker left.

Made it to the finals 2 years ago and deep into the season last year. May have really blown it this season. :football:

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 27QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 17

QB - Marc Bulger - 11

RB - Adrian Peterson - 50

RB - Darren Sproles - 13

RB - Rashard Mendenhall - 10

RB - Willis McGahee - 7

RB - Laurence Maroney - 4

WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh - 30

WR - Santonio Holmes - 25

WR - Steve Smith - 12

WR - Kevin Curtis - 7

WR - Patrick Crayton - 4

WR - Devery Henderson - 3

WR - Robert Meachem - 3

WR - Greg Lewis - 2

TE - Dallas Clark - 18

TE - Ben Utecht - 1

PK - Josh Brown - 1

PK - Olindo Mare - 1

PK - Shaun Suisham - 1

TD - Cleveland Browns - 1

TD - Denver Broncos - 1

TD - New Orleans Saints - 1

basically it was all AP and the 2 WRs bolded

My team killed despite my crappy RBs:

QB - Donovan McNabb - 24

QB - David Garrard - 18

QB - Byron Leftwich - 4

RB - Steve Slaton - 37

RB - Willie Parker - 16

RB - Leon Washington - 12

RB - Michael Bush - 6

RB - Sammy Morris - 4

RB - James Davis - 2

WR - Roddy White - 33

WR - Chad Ochocinco - 27

WR - Chris Henry - 12

WR - Derrick Mason - 9

WR - Nate Burleson - 5

WR - Percy Harvin - 5

WR - Patrick Crayton - 4

TE - John Carlson - 11

TE - Brent Celek - 7

TE - Jermichael Finley - 3

PK - Josh Scobee - 2

PK - Shayne Graham - 2

PK - Josh Brown - 1

TD - Green Bay Packers - 3

TD - Washington Redskins - 3

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 19

QB - Shaun Hill - 11

QB - Byron Leftwich - 4

RB - Brandon Jacobs - 32

RB - Ryan Grant - 24

RB - Willie Parker - 16

RB - Leon Washington - 12

RB - Correll Buckhalter - 2

RB - James Davis - 2

RB - Edgerrin James - 1

WR - Andre Johnson - 43

WR - Donald Driver - 21

WR - Derrick Mason - 9

WR - Nate Washington - 6

WR - Percy Harvin - 5

WR - Antwaan Randle El - 4

WR - Deon Butler - 2

TE - Dallas Clark - 18

TE - Kevin Boss - 6

PK - Robbie Gould - 2

PK - Jeff Reed - 2

TD - Pittsburgh Steelers - 7

TD - Houston Texans - 2

Total value: 250

sitting at #10456 w/ a 99.4% chance of surviving the cut.

not really sure how though. thought i did way worse. ajohn and jacobs killed me.

-biz-

Users who are viewing this thread