What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kurt Warner ruled NO passing TD (1 Viewer)

ishot3bucks

Footballguy
Statistical Correction - 12/23/09

Please be advised that the following statistical corrections were made by the official stat provider of the NFL and it may impact the results in your league.

Kurt Warner will a lose a TD pass and 5 passing yards. Anquan Boldin will lose a reception, 5 receiving yards and a receiving TD and will gain 5 rushing yards and a rushing TD. This change should be reflected when CBSSports.com makes its next statistical run later today.

anyone else hear about drew brees pass??

Wow..the team that has Warner is our league won by 2 points last week and the Superbowl matchups have been posted.

How do we handle this one?

Is yahoo doing anything? My friend is in the playoffs and he had Warner and Boldin and won his last playoff matchup by 2.7 points.

I have Warner in all 3 leagues of mine - luckily I won by more than a TD pass but it was close....I couldnt imagine the agony of losing three days after the fact!

wow - this could be big......is this legit?
Guys I know I'm new here...but this is legit!! Straight from CBSSPORTSLINE...came through at the top of our league home page...
NFL.com has Warner with 1 TD pass. CBS still shows 2.
I need to know if that means Brees pass was ok??
Warner's being changed means nothing for Brees' pass. They are each reviewed separately.
CBS says they will update later...its at the end of the original statement! This is official!! Twitter reports are saying Drew Brees pass was not changed...that is unofficial.

I had a real close call in a league I commish due to this. Team A won 159.92 - 155.16. Team A has Warner, so he loses 5.2 points (5 pts per passing TD, 1 pt per 25yds passing), but team B has Boldin, and loses 1 pt for the lost reception. Lucky for me, since I had overlooked a specific rule on when scores are official and final.

This leads to a couple questions, when are statistic's final in the NFL? Is there a deadline during the week, or are they subject to change at any time? And for what it's worth, when does your league consider the fantasy score final?

Thanks

This is going to cause fistfights in hundreds of leagues.

:kicksrock:

I was playing against the guy who had Warner, but I won by 20 points... no need to even bring it up.

I played the Warner owner in my league and lost by 11 ... because I started Campbell over McNabb. Now instead of feeling like I would have lost either way, I have to spend my offseason pointing to the ####### shirt.

Wow..the team that has Warner is our league won by 2 points last week and the Superbowl matchups have been posted.How do we handle this one?
tell the team owner he got suckered. becuz the guy who played against Warner will make a stink and say he deserves to be in Super Bowl.let us know what happens.

I don't get why New Orleans gets credit for it...
Seriously? They are two seperate plays. If Elias views the Warner pass as a backwards lateral, then they'll reverse it. Sounds like that has happened. If they view the Brees pass as a forward pass, they'll leave it alone.Why would the two have anything to do with each other?

Seriously? They are two seperate plays. If Elias views the Warner pass as a backwards lateral, then they'll reverse it. Sounds like that has happened. If they view the Brees pass as a forward pass, they'll leave it alone.Why would the two have anything to do with each other?
I do not believe that Elias is the one that decides much of anything. They do what they are told. The NFL will look through game films and stats and make adjustments. Elias just reports what the NFL gives them to work with.

looking at both in slow motion...the Warner pass is sideways to backwards. If you really look at Brees pass...there is no clear angle to over-turn the original call. If you really want to play detective..look at Moore's hand when he recieves the ball...the front end of the ball hits his right hand first and apperas to be moving slightly forward...very tough to call!In the Bolden catch it is clearly heading sideway to backwards! I have pretty good vision but there would have to be a better view of the Brees pass to be able to rule without doubt, so I think that pass will count??

looking at both in slow motion...the Warner pass is sideways to backwards. If you really look at Brees pass...there is no clear angle to over-turn the original call. If you really want to play detective..look at Moore's hand when he recieves the ball...the front end of the ball hits his right hand first and apperas to be moving slightly forward...very tough to call!In the Bolden catch it is clearly heading sideway to backwards! I have pretty good vision but there would have to be a better view of the Brees pass to be able to rule without doubt, so I think that pass will count??
:cry:

I had a real close call in a league I commish due to this. Team A won 159.92 - 155.16. Team A has Warner, so he loses 5.2 points (5 pts per passing TD, 1 pt per 25yds passing), but team B has Boldin, and loses 1 pt for the lost reception. Lucky for me, since I had overlooked a specific rule on when scores are official and final.This leads to a couple questions, when are statistic's final in the NFL? Is there a deadline during the week, or are they subject to change at any time? And for what it's worth, when does your league consider the fantasy score final?Thanks
That's a good question...I read somewhere that CBSSPORTSLINE is official on Wednesday night at 11:59pm. Still trying to confirm this for our league??

:kicksrock:
I can't say it any clearer than that. If it went over your head, I'm sorry.

Someone in one of my leagues had Warner and won his semi final game by .65 points. This is going to change our opponent in the finals. This could get real ugly! Someone is deffinitly going to be mad! Not me though although I would rather play the original team. To make things worse is the two team involved played against each other last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup:
I take it you need it to be ruled a lateral ??? :kicksrock: Do you see it differently?? :thumbup:

I'm the commish in my league and have to make a ruling. The team with Warner won by 1.2 points and was going to the Super Bowl. I have already posted the Super Bowl match ups and need to make a decision.

Since I have always stated that we go by official NFL results, I feel I have to make the change. It doesn't matter what happens now because the other guy is going to feel screwed. The NFL needs to get their @#@@ together!!!

Any thougths?

Looks like it won't matter in my Fanball league. Fanball just posted a message saying this

Our office will be closed from 7 PM CT on December 23, until 9 AM CT on Saturday, December 26, for the Christmas holiday.

I'm betting this means they don't change a thing.

I'm the commish in my league and have to make a ruling. The team with Warner won by 1.2 points and was going to the Super Bowl. I have already posted the Super Bowl match ups and need to make a decision. Since I have always stated that we go by official NFL results, I feel I have to make the change. It doesn't matter what happens now because the other guy is going to feel screwed. The NFL needs to get their @#@@ together!!!Any thougths?
Thoughts? It's pretty simple. The Warner owner gets screwed. If you go by official NFL results, it's a pretty easy decision as a Commish.

Wow, this also just changed the score of a 214-212 score in my hi-performance league to 212-208, with the Warner team losing out on going to the Super Bowl. My league has no rules against a late scoring change, but for it to happen to this owner under these circumstances, on 12/23.....ouch, it's like getting coal in your stocking.

I'm the commish in my league and have to make a ruling. The team with Warner won by 1.2 points and was going to the Super Bowl. I have already posted the Super Bowl match ups and need to make a decision. Since I have always stated that we go by official NFL results, I feel I have to make the change. It doesn't matter what happens now because the other guy is going to feel screwed. The NFL needs to get their @#@@ together!!!Any thougths?
You make the change, simple as that. The guy who thinks he got screwed by a correction of something that was wrong needs to live with it. It would be much worse to screw the other owner by keeping him from a deserved win because a correction was ignored. You have to think about both owners, not just one, when considering the "screwed" factor.

Hence the need to stipulate when a game is considered final. Both leagues I am in are final Thursday morning at 00:01 after the Monday night game.

Usually scoring adjustments are released on Wednesday. If they are released later than that they don't count in our league with regard to the outcome of a game.

That's why they pay you the big bucks commish!! Just kidding, You are in a bad situation!! If you have rules that state that you go by NFL.Com stats...I think you have to change it. Next Year we are going to change our rules to state that at 11:59pm Wednesday...our league stats are set! This is crap to change it 3 days later!! What would you do if they change it again against Drew Brees??? This is a dumb rule to begin with. If the ball is thrown overhand...it's a pass...how is either one a run?? I understand its a rule..but some rules are stupid!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this also just changed the score of a 214-212 score in my hi-performance league to 212-208, with the Warner team losing out on going to the Super Bowl. My league has no rules against a late scoring change, but for it to happen to this owner under these circumstances, on 12/23.....ouch, it's like getting coal in your stocking.
Remember, the other owner needs to be considered too. He doesn't deserve to lose due to an error.

You make the change, simple as that. The guy who thinks he got screwed by a correction of something that was wrong needs to live with it. It would be much worse to screw the other owner by keeping him from a deserved win because a correction was ignored. You have to think about both owners, not just one, when considering the "screwed" factor.
Agreed. For this reason all FF game results should not be made "official" until later in the week so these kinds of bugs can be accounted for....Tough break for both Boldin and especially Warner owners.

That's why they pay you the big bucks commish!! Just kidding, You are in a bad situation!! If you have rules that state that you go by NFL.Com stats...I think you have to change it. Next Year we are going to change our rules to state that at 11:59pm Tuesday...our league stats are set! This is crap to change it 3 days later!! What would you do if they change it again against Drew Brees??? This is a dumb rule to begin with. If the ball is thrown overhand...it's a pass...how is either one a run?? I understand its a rule..but some rules are stupid!!!
No, it isn't crap to change it 3 days later. This happens every week of the season my friend. It takes this long for the NFL to review games. Changes are made nearly every week. Most are small and have little impact. Some, like this one, has a greater impact. But getting something right is what should matter, not the convenience of having something tidily wrapped up on Monday night that is wrong.

Have you used the adjusted scored for every other game this year? You do the same thing this week that you have done all year.

Looks like it won't matter in my Fanball league. Fanball just posted a message saying this Our office will be closed from 7 PM CT on December 23, until 9 AM CT on Saturday, December 26, for the Christmas holiday.I'm betting this means they don't change a thing.
From Fanball:
OUR VIEWYou have to wonder whether the head of the Elias Sports Bureau lost a close fantasy matchup to a Warner owner. All jokes aside, this news is sure to make for some very irate owners, as the change, and loss of points for Warner, could very well alter a number of matchups that were thought to be final as of Monday night. To the owners who will end up losing out on a trip to their fantasy championship because of this, our best advice is not to dwell too much of the "what ifs" and to think of all the other things in your life you have to be thankful for.

That's why they pay you the big bucks commish!! Just kidding, You are in a bad situation!! If you have rules that state that you go by NFL.Com stats...I think you have to change it. Next Year we are going to change our rules to state that at 11:59pm Wednesday...our league stats are set! This is crap to change it 3 days later!! What would you do if they change it again against Drew Brees??? This is a dumb rule to begin with. If the ball is thrown overhand...it's a pass...how is either one a run?? I understand its a rule..but some rules are stupid!!!
It is isn't crap. It takes time for the NFL to review over these plays and make the necessary determinations. They do the research to set the record straight and to make sure accurate records are kept on players. they don't care about yours or any other fantasy nerd's fantasy football team or that by changing a play on Wednesday - now it means that its Amish Rake Fight and not BigBalls69 who is in the Superbowl.If your league is set up to follow NFL.com scoring you have to wait until they finalize the score mid-week before any games are final.

Just posted a message to my league members of the change. I'm going with the official NFL results which I believe is the right thing to do.

It's a kick in the gut for the owners who thought they had won, but they shouldn't complain about it (other than in the venting thread). It's all official. Shouldn't be any controversy.

Remember, the other owner needs to be considered too. He doesn't deserve to lose due to an error.
And I didn't say he didn't deserve the win.....but I don't think the new winning owner is jumping for joy like he would've with a "legit" win. And a tough loss after a MNF game is one thing, but being notified almost two days later is another.....

It's a kick in the gut for the owners who thought they had won, but they shouldn't complain about it (other than in the venting thread). It's all official. Shouldn't be any controversy.
NO, I'm sure they will all be cool with it.... LOL. You would hope so...but it will hurt!! 'Any word on Drew Brees pass yet.. :goodposting:

MFL sends out a preliminary report Monday evening in every league I'm in there. Then, on Thursday, we get the official report with updated scores reflecting any stats changes. As commish, you can go in and look at stats changes. There are plenty of them. Here is an example from week 14:

Statistics Changes For Week 14

The following stat changes were made by the Elias Sports Bureau, and are now available to be applied to your league on MyFantasyLeague.com:

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns

Ben Roethlisberger: from 10 to 12 Rushing Yards.

Steelers: from 75 to 77 Rushing Yards.

Ben Roethlisberger: from 0 to 1 Fumbles.

Ben Roethlisberger: from 0 to 1 Own Fumble Recoveries.

B.Roethlisberger: from 0 to -2 Own Fumble Recovery Yards.

Steelers: from 0 to 1 Fumbles.

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears

Aaron Rodgers: from 4 Rushes for -6 Yards to 3 Rushes for 6 Yards.

Packers: from 31 Rushes for 146 Yards to 30 Rushes for 158 Yards.

Aaron Rodgers: from 2 Sacks Against for 11 Yards to 3 Sacks Against for 23 Yards.

Packers: from 2 Sacks Against for 11 Yards to 3 Sacks Against for 23 Yards.

Aaron Rodgers: from 2 to 1 Fumbles.

Aaron Rodgers: from 1 to 0 Own Fumble Recoveries.

Packers: from 3 to 2 Fumbles.

Packers: from 1 to 0 Own Fumble Recoveries.

Packers: from 169 to 157 Net Passing Yards.

Hunter Hillenmeyer: from 0 Sacks to 1 Sack for 12 Yards.

Lance Briggs: from 3 to 2 Tackles.

Lance Briggs: from 1 to 2 Assists.

Lance Briggs: from 1 Sack for 5 Yards to 0.5 Sacks for 2.5 Yards.

Adewale Ogunleye: from 0 to 1 Assists.

Adewale Ogunleye: from 1 to 2 Combined.

Adewale Ogunleye: from 0 Sacks to 0.5 Sacks for 2.5 Yards.

Bears Defense: from 2 Sacks for 11 Yards to 3 Sacks for 23 Yards.

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs

Matt Cassel: from 1 Rush for 1 Yard to 2 Rushes for -6 Yards.

Chiefs: from 26 Rushes for 15 Yards to 27 Rushes for 145 Yards.

Matt Cassel: from 4 Sacks Against for 22 Yards to 3 Sacks Against for 15 Yards.

Chiefs: from 4 Sacks Against for 22 Yards to 3 Sacks Against for 15 Yards.

Chiefs: from 202 to 209 Net Passing Yards.

Aaron Schobel: from 1 Sack for 7 Yards to 0 Sacks.

Bills Defense: from 4 Sacks for 22 Yards to 3 Sacks for 15 Yards.

St. Louis Rams at Tennessee Titans

Steven Jackson: from 19 Rushes for 47 Yards to 18 Rushes for 39 Yards.

Rams: from 21 Rushes for 88 Yards to 20 Rushes for 80 Yards.

Keith Null: from 27 of 43 for 157 Yards to 28 of 44 for 165 Yards.

Rams: from 27 of 43 for 157 Yards to 28 of 44 for 165 Yards.

Steven Jackson: from 2 Receptions for 6 Yards to 3 Receptions for 14 Yards.

Rams: from 152 to 160 Net Passing Yards.

Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants

Juqua Parker: from 1 to 0 Assists.

Juqua Parker: from 0.5 Sack for 2.5 Yards to 0 Sacks.

Victor Abiamiri: from 0 to 1 Assists.

Victor Abiamiri: from 0 Sacks to 0.5 Sacks for 2.5 Yards.

If you haven't applied the changes all year long, then you shouldn't do it now. I wouldn't want to play in a league that doesn't use official stats, especially considering they are released every week before the 1st game of the next week's games kicks off.

If I lost to the Warner owner last week and our league's website shows him with 2 passing TD's, I'd be pissed. Go to the NFL.com boxscore for that game and it clearly shows Boldin with a rushing TD and Warner with just the 1 TD to Fitz.

This is not a hard decision. All owners should make the change in their leagues which are affected.

The NFL makes changes every week. It is just too bad a big one like this happened during fantasy playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread