What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warner to Boldin TD (1 Viewer)

Is there enough to change this to a backwards pass?

• Forward pass ruled correctly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Backward pass that will be changed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It will probably stick, but it looks backwards to me. It looks like the ball comes out exactly at the 8yd line, and Boldin catches it behind the 8th.

It will probably stick, but it looks backwards to me. It looks like the ball comes out exactly at the 8yd line, and Boldin catches it behind the 8th.
When I saw it live I thought it might be backwards. However, the camera is located well behind the play which skews our perspective of the location of the throw and catch. While I would guess that it is backwards, I'm not sure the evidence is conclusive enough to change it to a rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda crazy that we have 2 plays like this in the span of 18 hrs, both key in the scope of FF playoffs between the various involved players... Warner, Boldin, Brees & even possibly L Moore.

Fits the entire season IMO, which has been kinda crazy....

When I saw it live I thought it might be backwards. However, the camera is located well behind the play which skews our perspective of the throw and catch. While I would guess that it is backwards, I'm not sure I sure the evidence is conclusive enough to change is to a rush.
Yeah, the behind angle looks like a backward pass, but the front angle it's hard to tell where Boldins hands are on the field. No way they overturn something like this because of fantasy :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Impartial since I do not have either on any FF team...

Looks like he throws it at the 7.5 yd line, and Boldin catches it at the 8 yd line.

It is too close for them to look at it very carefully enough and change it, but they have changed similar plays before (that were more obvious than this one though).

Kinda crazy that we have 2 plays like this in the span of 18 hrs, both key in the scope of FF playoffs between the various involved players... Warner, Boldin, Brees & even possibly L Moore.

Fits the entire season IMO, which has been kinda crazy....
while these two plays have a higher magnitude of importance because they resulted in TDs, i think you see 4-5 of these a week if you pay attention. pretty sure mcnabb had a backwards pass called a pass today against the 9ers. i didn't care enough to mark it down, but ... its all about the stats. if its an overhand throw, its probably giong to be called a forward pass unless it is extremely obvious.

In one league, i'm seeing in Live Scoring 2 TD's for Boldin. 6/72/1 receiving, and 1/5/1 rushing. Not showing that in my other league. (both leagues are on Fanball). Is anyone seeing this?

:mellow:

In one league, i'm seeing in Live Scoring 2 TD's for Boldin. 6/72/1 receiving, and 1/5/1 rushing. Not showing that in my other league. (both leagues are on Fanball). Is anyone seeing this?

;)
That sounds about right for Fanball.
Well, it seems to be about right for the official NFL site also.
Originally, the NFL site did have it listed as a rushing TD for Boldin.And I think it looks like a lateral, but don't think it will be changed because it is too close.

well they changed it to a backwards pass.

This woulda hurt a lot more if Campbell had thrown 1 more touchdown Monday night. My 1-point win would turn into a tie would turn into a loss by tiebreaker.

-QG

One of my MFL leagues hasn't changed it yet (didn't check my others yet) so for now I'm in the championship game. If it gets changed I lose last week and I get bumped out.

:crossfingers:

Users who are viewing this thread