What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

can you get a redot on your weapon? It says i unlocked it but how do i attach it?
its one of the selections for specialization 1 (i think).you have to unlock it individually for each class. Plus some weapons (the thompson machine gun for sure) cant use it.

So, I'm on the Battlefield Veterans website, but I don't understand what this does for me. And it's only recognizing Battlefield 2 and Battlefield Heroes as my previous played. When I click on Battlefield 1943 (XBox), it doesn't do anything. In fact, I don't see the point of this at all. It's giving me an option to put in my CD Key for Vietnam and 1942, but I think I lost those.

Anyone know anything about the codes listed for Xbox to unlock stuff from some Dr. Pepper promotion?

Also, my Gamestop receipt has a code that says it can be used to unlock Squad Rush Mode (or maybe TDM I forget) and the AK47. Don't those already come unlocked?

I didn't see those in the Store but I entered the code anyway and it said that it did something but I didn't notice anything different.

So, I'm on the Battlefield Veterans website, but I don't understand what this does for me. And it's only recognizing Battlefield 2 and Battlefield Heroes as my previous played. When I click on Battlefield 1943 (XBox), it doesn't do anything. In fact, I don't see the point of this at all. It's giving me an option to put in my CD Key for Vietnam and 1942, but I think I lost those.
It is a big number after your rank to throw your ePeen in others' faces. Like, "Look at me, I am a big enough :popcorn: and am old enough to have played games back when they were coded in BASIC." :)I am a 4, FWIW :bag:

It is a big number after your rank to throw your ePeen in others' faces. Like, "Look at me, I am a big enough :popcorn: and am old enough to have played games back when they were coded in BASIC." :)I am a 4, FWIW :bag:
i was a 5 in beta, but have since been dropped to a 3.I sent EA a written complain from my attorney, but havent heard back yet.

Not a fan of this game, i personally think it is terrible.
Alrighty then.Care to elaborate?
+1 I haven't decided to get it or not, I don't get enough sleep as it is w/ MAGwhat games are you comparing it to?
Halo, COD are the series i was comparing it to. I don't know, maybe it's not really my style.
What about it don't you like. I love MW2 and think that BFBC2 is a very good game so far. Granted I've only played an hour or two at the most.And Halo is garbage. Maybe not so much the game itself but how it is played. I considered playing it again recently but after watching a few vids on YouTube quickly decided to trade it in toward BFBC2.

Anyone know anything about the codes listed for Xbox to unlock stuff from some Dr. Pepper promotion?

Also, my Gamestop receipt has a code that says it can be used to unlock Squad Rush Mode (or maybe TDM I forget) and the AK47. Don't those already come unlocked?

I didn't see those in the Store but I entered the code anyway and it said that it did something but I didn't notice anything different.
The red circle with black cross on it was what you "unlocked" under multi-player.If you buy the game used they are going to make you pay for the gun and map. I think you unlock a map not the whole mode :rolleyes:

+1 I haven't decided to get it or not, I don't get enough sleep as it is w/ MAGwhat games are you comparing it to?
Halo, COD are the series i was comparing it to. I don't know, maybe it's not really my style.
What about it don't you like. I love MW2 and think that BFBC2 is a very good game so far. Granted I've only played an hour or two at the most.And Halo is garbage. Maybe not so much the game itself but how it is played. I considered playing it again recently but after watching a few vids on YouTube quickly decided to trade it in toward BFBC2.
I wasn't a real big fan of Halo 3, but Halo 2 was amazing. Loved pretty much all of the COD. I'm not sure i can put into words what i don't like about the game, lol......it's just a lot different i guess.

I don't really remember much about Halo 2 but the whole style of MP play that Halo represents is pretty awful to me.

I agree that BF is different but despite sucking royally at it I do like it at the moment. It's about the only thing that's been able to get me to take MW2 out of the tray since November.

I don't really remember much about Halo 2 but the whole style of MP play that Halo represents is pretty awful to me.
This.Any time i've ever played or seen anyone play halo is just amounts to finding the uberweapon (i remember there was some sort of laser sword in one of them) and camping the respawn points until you achieved victory.I can see how someone could like MW2 more than Bc2. Its faster paced, very twitch oriented and has tons of bells and whistles. Its got that old school arena feel (like a quake or unreal tournament) but with modern day themes, graphics and weapons.

This.

Any time i've ever played or seen anyone play halo is just amounts to finding the uberweapon (i remember there was some sort of laser sword in one of them) and camping the respawn points until you achieved victory.

I can see how someone could like MW2 more than Bc2. Its faster paced, very twitch oriented and has tons of bells and whistles. Its got that old school arena feel (like a quake or unreal tournament) but with modern day themes, graphics and weapons.
Only in deathmatches. CTF and Territories is way better

You can't played BF BC2 like you are in CoD. The skills don't really translate over from game to game and take a bit to get the hang of. Being involved in a team not only increases the fun factor a ton but communication and team work is a huge part of the game. One thing I have noticed is you do not feel like you are a feather. You actually get the sense like your guy has a weight and your movements are much more realistic. Another thing is you have to learn to burst fire or your gun will pull circles while you are holding down the trigger and hitting nothing.

Has the xbox version had any of these problems?
I have tried to join a game and failed once out of maybe 25 games. It wouldn't let me join anything and I had to go back to the dashboard and rejoin and it was fixed. No other problem for me so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played a few rounds with Slax and we won every round I believe. Unlocked the RDS so awesome there. Unfortunate that you have to decide between the RDS and better healing kit. Getting close to level 5 I believe it is. I think once I get a few more rounds in of medic, I will try on a new class. I wish I could remember what you get the 5000 stars for. I have only gotten the 500 variety thus far but I am pretty sure I would love a few of those 5k's. ;)

Played a few rounds with Slax and we won every round I believe. Unlocked the RDS so awesome there. Unfortunate that you have to decide between the RDS and better healing kit. Getting close to level 5 I believe it is. I think once I get a few more rounds in of medic, I will try on a new class. I wish I could remember what you get the 5000 stars for. I have only gotten the 500 variety thus far but I am pretty sure I would love a few of those 5k's. :shrug:
i believe they changed the star requirements in the full version

Holy crap, the invite to Slax went through and he is my friend now. :hifive:
If I could only get an invite to Pork to work.I haven't really unlocked anything good yet. I did get the medkit. Weird that you have to unlock that and the shock paddles. What else makes it a medic? Plus, I hate getting yelled at in team chat (not that I paid attention) because I didn't revive someone, but I don't have the defib.

I think the weapon that I am most excited for is the Mod M4 or whatever it is, you get it around 20-25k. Nice stats on that bad boy. I will run with that as medic once unlocked I believe.

My bad, that modded M4 is LEVEL 20, not 20k. :kicksrock:

Man, it is going to be some time to get there, although I have seen more than a few virgins of lvl 25+ already.

My bad, that modded M4 is LEVEL 20, not 20k. :kicksrock:Man, it is going to be some time to get there, although I have seen more than a few virgins of lvl 25+ already.
just saw a level 20 guy 2 minutes ago. OOFOn a related note, assault guys in this game are annoying me. Too busy shooting their noob tubes around to drop 1 freaking ammo box. When i'm assault, i drop an ammo box EVERY single time there's a lull in the fighting. it helps your team and its free points.

My bad, that modded M4 is LEVEL 20, not 20k. :lmao:Man, it is going to be some time to get there, although I have seen more than a few virgins of lvl 25+ already.
just saw a level 20 guy 2 minutes ago. OOFOn a related note, assault guys in this game are annoying me. Too busy shooting their noob tubes around to drop 1 freaking ammo box. When i'm assault, i drop an ammo box EVERY single time there's a lull in the fighting. it helps your team and its free points.
Same for me as a medic, especially when I am with the team at a flag. #######g noob tubes are annoying, but I don't know how many times I am losing 1-1's to assaults with that X8 or whatever it is. Once I hit 25k with the LMG dmg/accuracy boost I will split time between assault and engy I think.

I don't even want to begin to think how many hours straight these guys around lvl 20+ have spent on this game. Ridiculous. :thumbup:

can you get a redot on your weapon? It says i unlocked it but how do i attach it?
When you set your kit at the beginning of the match (or while you're waiting to respawn), it will be an option for one of your gadget slots. Just scroll over, select it for that spot, and you're good to go.

I don't even want to begin to think how many hours straight these guys around lvl 20+ have spent on this game. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:
If you click on the leaderboard, it shows the number of hours played. Last night (about 2 days since release if they bought it early at Target) the leader was lvl25 with ~22 hours played.Won't be in tonight (maybe real quick when I get home at 4am) or any night this weekend. Working nights sux.

Changed my FOV to 70, curious to see what the change looks like.

Does anyone know where there is a list of XP needed per level?

Highlight of the night: Ren, Badger, and myself controlling a tank for an entire game of rush just wrecking the other team. Also, I revived a teammate and used the paddles to kill and enemy all in one shock.

TLEF316 said:
Mad Cow said:
My bad, that modded M4 is LEVEL 20, not 20k. :bag:Man, it is going to be some time to get there, although I have seen more than a few virgins of lvl 25+ already.
Almost to level 3 an I have yet to see an ammo box. I've run out at least 10 times and the only option is to pick up someone elses kit.

TLEF316 said:
Mad Cow said:
My bad, that modded M4 is LEVEL 20, not 20k. :)Man, it is going to be some time to get there, although I have seen more than a few virgins of lvl 25+ already.
Almost to level 3 an I have yet to see an ammo box. I've run out at least 10 times and the only option is to pick up someone elses kit.
what happens when you pickup someone else's kit and then yours? full ammo?

TLEF316 said:
Mad Cow said:
My bad, that modded M4 is LEVEL 20, not 20k. :confused:Man, it is going to be some time to get there, although I have seen more than a few virgins of lvl 25+ already.
what happens when you pickup someone else's kit and then yours? full ammo?
no. you get whatever ammo was left in the kit when they died. If you pick yours back up, you get whatever you had left.However, if you pick up an assault kit, you can obviously drop an ammo box for yourself (and then continue with the assault kit or pick yours back up and use the ammo box to resupply)

As I think about it, this game does have so much potential. I just wish I didn't feel this urge to power-level my guy. I want some of those later guns. :gang2: I can't see myself hitting level 50 since I never made it to 50k in BF2, but I am thinking that 50k in BF2 is roughly equivalent to around 1 to 1.5 million in BC2. Thoughts?

it totally depends on what game type you play.

Its gonna be WAY easier to score points in rush in the long term. If the game is even (the attacking team can get to the last set of COMs) the games are gonna be significantly longer. This gives you a ton more time to earn multiple kill pins for bonus points (7 kills with the AR in a game, 5 revives, ect)

Thats really gonna affect the average score per game and how quickly you level up.

I also need to see how quickly i can earn gold stars once i get to them (at this point, i'm getting silvers for the weapons i use alot. not sure what the requirements for starting golds are). Eventually, the early 5000 point badges are gonna go away(you can only earn them once). at that point, the speed at which you can earn stars is gonan determine how quickly you can power level.

Gonna play mostly assault this weekend i think. Havent unlocked anything there yet and i dont see any Engy unlocks coming up that i really want.

OK, those ranks cannot possibly be correct. I just want to know how many points I am gonna need to get some of my goal rifles. :thumbup:

OK, THIS ONE seems correct.

ETA some of those ranks are off for difference, but I guess you can infer what it is between the other 2 surrounding it.

So I will need 162k to get my M14 Mod 0. :thumbup:

I've got to find a way to work out the friends list. Both Slax and Mad Cow were on yesterday but I couldn't add them and couldn't join their server.

Highlight of the night: Ren, Badger, and myself controlling a tank for an entire game of rush just wrecking the other team. Also, I revived a teammate and used the paddles to kill and enemy all in one shock.
That was fun.Haven't played with Ren in forever. That guy (and madshot too) is a beast at pretty much every game. I don't understand it.I am AWFUL. I did finally get to LVL 1. Didn't realize I didn't start at LVL 1 until I hit it. Also unlocked a shotty for the Assault class.Played one round of SDM on Arica Harbor as a sniper. That was fun. Joined about midway through and finished 6-3 with a 6 kill streak and 5 headshots. That's a great sniping map.P.S. madshot>Where did you go?

I ordered this for PS3 along with the FRAGnStein
What's your PSN? I just picked this up last night for PS3 and quite enjoyed it. Was running with Chuck Cecil and his crew and we basically spent 2 hours goofing around and trying to figure stuff out. I really like it so far...its like KZ2 but with much better controls/weapons, vehicles, and destructible scenery. A much deeper experience than MW2, IMO.

Played again last night, was a little better at some things, I've found I'm most useful as a recon and marking the enemy from a distance up on a hill or elevated place. I did try the chopper again and did a little better, but panicked one time and forgot up was down on the stick and flew nose first into the beach.

Unlocked the 4X optics for my medic and have to say it is fairly useless with only LMG's at this point. RDS is :lmao: . Working on getting my 2nd 5k pin for medic then might move on. I don't know if I want to stick with medic for 500 kills with the LMG before trying a new class. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread