What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (1 Viewer)

Looking for a turn-based or real-time strat. Suggestions? I really liked the first few Age of Empires and Starcraft (I know those aren't turn-based). Kind of like the Civs but not as much.

TIA
Have you played the Total War franchise? It is a near perfect blend of turn-based and RTS. The current one is Empire.Supreme Commander 2 and World in Conflict also come to mind.
Don't play the games, but saw that Steam is having a sale on Total War series -Mega-Pack $21.39 - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1348/

Empire: Total War

Medieval II: Total War

Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms

Rome: Total War - Alexander

Rome: Total War Gold

DLC Pack $16.19 - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2892/

Empire: Total War - Elite Units of America

Empire: Total War - Elite Units of the East

Empire: Total War - Elite Units of the West

Empire: Total War - Special Forces Units and Content

Empire: Total War - The Warpath Campaign

Also selling them discounted separately.

Hadn't played starcraft in a long long time, downloaded it from blizzard after watching some guys play the beta for SC2 on justin.tv, and I still love this game. I'm excited for the release of SC2, I think I saw someone mention May of this year, but I havn't taken the time to confirm that. Many other FBG starcraft fans around?

Update:

Playing right now- Lost Odyssey, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Gears of War 2

Excited for- Final Fantasy 13, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Perfect Dark(remake)

Back Burner- Bioshock 2, Dragon Age, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

I'm particular interested in seeing how the remake of Perfect Dark from the N64 comes out in the xbox arcade. From reading about it, it is the same exact game just upgraded to the current times. It will still have split screen goodness of the original.

Update:

Playing right now- Mass Effect 2,Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2

Excited for- Final Fantasy 13, Mafia II, Alan Wake

Anyone here play Heavy Rain yet?

oh, and socom 4 looks good. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an Xbox 360 and finished Batman, completing Sequence 12 and 13 in ACII, looking forward to Alan Wake, LA Noir, Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands and Batman 2.

Currently trying to finish up Assassin's Creed (the first one). Battlefied BC2 was just delivered today. Also on disc 4 of Lost Odyssey but haven't touched it in awhile. Oh yeah, and Bass Pro: The Strike.

Looking forward to opening BF BC2, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, and getting A Creed 2. Alan Wake is intriguing. Might need to check out FF13 too.

Just hooked up a BPL, broadband by powerline, adapter so now I am online. BF BC2 will be my first online game and I know I am going to be terrible.

My list is getting out of hand. Recently finished Mass Effect and GOW1 from GOW collection. Started up Assassin's Creed 2. Hated the first one - this game is pretty great though.

On deck:

GOW2 from GOW collection

Bayonetta

Darksiders

Bioshock 2

MW2 which I never play

Left 4 Dead 2 which I haven't done anything with in months

Lost Odyssey

Tales of Vesperia

Also in the top 5 in the Goozex queue for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and MLB: The Show 10.

Plus, I have a few DS titles worth playing I haven't listed here like GTA Chinatown Wars and Final Fantasy IV that I'm sure I'll spend some time on at some point as well.

Hard to believe, but I haven't spent anything on video games this year - thank you Goozex. Only recent games I didn't get in line for are Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain. Fell asleep those nights and got bad spots in line. Too much stuff already though, so I'll wait it out or buy them when they're cheap used.

Civilization V is reportedly coming out later in '10. Definitely can't wait as I still regularly play Civ IV.

Just finished AC2...good game :goodposting: looking forward to Red Dead Redemption. Not sure where to go now...thinking I'm going to try and finish the original Bioshock now.

Just finished AC2...good game :lmao: looking forward to Red Dead Redemption. Not sure where to go now...thinking I'm going to try and finish the original Bioshock now.
Did you get the two DLC levels? I am almost done with sequence 13, but am really disappointed in how buggy they are compared to the full ACII game.

Civilization V is reportedly coming out later in '10. Definitely can't wait as I still regularly play Civ IV.
That doesn't bode well for my sleep. Between that and my second kid arriving around the same time, I might have to take up cocaine.

That doesn't bode well for my sleep. Between that and my second kind arriving around the same time, I might have to take up cocaine.
I hear you, I forever fall into that "Just one more turn" trap after the kids go to bed at night. Next thing I know its 1am and I'm dragging the next day.Here's a link to a thread about it with a few screenshots if you haven't seen--> Link

Uwe Blab said:
Drifter said:
Uwe Blab said:
That doesn't bode well for my sleep. Between that and my second kind arriving around the same time, I might have to take up cocaine.
I hear you, I forever fall into that "Just one more turn" trap after the kids go to bed at night. Next thing I know its 1am 3am and I'm dragging the next day.
Fixed

Pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII the other day. I believe it should be shipping tomorrow. Between that and a wedding in twenty-something days, I should have no free time for the foreseeable future.

Uwe Blab said:
Will I have to buy a new computer again when this comes out?

fasteddie_21 said:
Hawks64 said:
fasteddie_21 said:
Just finished AC2...good game :) looking forward to Red Dead Redemption. Not sure where to go now...thinking I'm going to try and finish the original Bioshock now.
Did you get the two DLC levels? I am almost done with sequence 13, but am really disappointed in how buggy they are compared to the full ACII game.
No I haven't and this doesn't encourage me to get them either :lmao:
I honestly don't think they lend much to the game, and Sequence 13 is pretty repetitive. It's only 800 or so MS points and 12 is pretty good, but was the buggiest of the two. You would hit a cut scene and the dialogue would just disappear. In 13 I was climbing up on a viewpoint and it locked up completely, had to power cycle the xbox.

Uwe Blab said:
Drifter said:
Uwe Blab said:
That doesn't bode well for my sleep. Between that and my second kid arriving around the same time, I might have to take up cocaine.
I hear you, I forever fall into that "Just one more turn" trap after the kids go to bed at night. Next thing I know its 1am and I'm dragging the next day.Here's a link to a thread about it with a few screenshots if you haven't seen--> Link
I hope they iron out the AI diplomacy. That was the biggest thing missing in the last one. The AI was too easy to swindle and too predictable.

Final Fantasy XIII came yesterday, and all I can say is "Holy ####!!!!" :confused:

I can remember FFX on PS2 looking good on my crappy little Zenith TV I had at the time, but this game looks INCREDIBLE in HD. Friend coming over this weekend, so I was having to clean up around the house all night and didn't get to play long, but the graphics blew me away.

All games other than MLB 2009 the Show are on the back burner due to my addiction to the awesome BCBF2!

Thinking of picking up FFXIII and renting Heavy Rain this wknd. Since I finished AC2 (very fun btw), I'm in a bit of a gaming lull.

Thinking of picking up FFXIII and renting Heavy Rain this wknd. Since I finished AC2 (very fun btw), I'm in a bit of a gaming lull.
Unpossible! I can't keep up with the sheer number of games out there to play. Aside from BFBC2, Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 which are all new releases eating into my gaming hours, I am also working on the GTA IV DLC packs from the Liberty City Stories disc, Forza 3; year 3 of the season play, and Tiger 2010. And all of those games are leaving me with a bunch of games sitting idle in my drawer like the original Crackdown, Dead Space, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Was getting antsy for a new game but luckily one of my friends offered to let me borrow his copy of the first Mass Effect. Now I don't have to shell out $60 for something new at best buy this afternoon. :bag:

SmoovySmoov said:
Final Fantasy XIII came yesterday, and all I can say is "Holy ####!!!!" :shock:I can remember FFX on PS2 looking good on my crappy little Zenith TV I had at the time, but this game looks INCREDIBLE in HD. Friend coming over this weekend, so I was having to clean up around the house all night and didn't get to play long, but the graphics blew me away.
:pokey:

Was getting antsy for a new game but luckily one of my friends offered to let me borrow his copy of the first Mass Effect. Now I don't have to shell out $60 for something new at best buy this afternoon. :)
I got the orginal Mass Effect for a few bucks a few months ago and I was a bit underwhelmed.

Playing Darksiders right now on XBox 360. Reminds me of Sword of the Berserker from the Dreamcast.

Great game, some button mashing, boss levels are well done, some puzzles to figure out, good story.

No online content kills the games shelf life IMHO.

Looking forward to - GEARS OF WAR 3

anyone heard anything yet? Epic is supposed to make a big announcement about something coming out this fall/Christmas and many think it's Gears 3. :crossesfingers:

Did you try the demo out? I was pretty disappointed by it. Not sure what I was expecting, but after the second time I had to do a quick time event to use my guy's asthma inhaler, I started to get the impression this wasn't the game for me.

Anxious to hear more reviews of FF13 here... I'm a HUGE FF fan but am on the fence for this one. I loved FF12, but this one seems to be a pretty large departure from the 'old' formula.

Anxious to hear more reviews of FF13 here... I'm a HUGE FF fan but am on the fence for this one. I loved FF12, but this one seems to be a pretty large departure from the 'old' formula.
From what I hear is that the game has been nerfed down for the masses. Which is perfect for me. I love a good RPG, but not one that requires a Physics degree from MIT to play. Plus it looks REALLY good.

Really looking forward to LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, and most of all Diablo 3. Waiting sucks :thumbup:

looking forward to :Mirror's Edge 2, mafia 2,dead space 2,fallout new vegas,gears of war 3(E3 possible announcement)

Playing Darksiders right now on XBox 360. Reminds me of Sword of the Berserker from the Dreamcast.Great game, some button mashing, boss levels are well done, some puzzles to figure out, good story.No online content kills the games shelf life IMHO. Looking forward to - GEARS OF WAR 3anyone heard anything yet? Epic is supposed to make a big announcement about something coming out this fall/Christmas and many think it's Gears 3. :crossesfingers:
I still think they're holding out for Gears 3 to be a launch title for the next gen system in a few years. I'd rather they take their time than try to rush it out...

Playing Darksiders right now on XBox 360. Reminds me of Sword of the Berserker from the Dreamcast.

Great game, some button mashing, boss levels are well done, some puzzles to figure out, good story.

anyone heard anything yet? Epic is supposed to make a big announcement about something coming out this fall/Christmas and many think it's Gears 3. :crossesfingers:
I still think they're holding out for Gears 3 to be a launch title for the next gen system in a few years. I'd rather they take their time than try to rush it out...
Officially, the Epic panel at GDC will "cover the methods Epic used to bring a large-scale game engine over to a mobile device in only a few months time." Seeing the Unreal Engine on iPhone should be interesting, but what we're really excited about is the Epic Games press conferences also being held during GDC. It will take place on Thursday of the show. Remember, two years ago Cliff Bleszinski tore through a wall at the Microsoft Keynote to announce Gears of War 2. The third game in the trilogy can't be far off, and we're really hoping it will make an appearance at this year's show
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1074511p1.htmlI didn't think it made sense to put the third game off for several years and allow their fan base to lose interest ... maybe it was just a smoke screen.

Playing Darksiders right now on XBox 360. Reminds me of Sword of the Berserker from the Dreamcast.Great game, some button mashing, boss levels are well done, some puzzles to figure out, good story.No online content kills the games shelf life IMHO. Looking forward to - GEARS OF WAR 3anyone heard anything yet? Epic is supposed to make a big announcement about something coming out this fall/Christmas and many think it's Gears 3. :crossesfingers:
Gears 3 will be announced at E3. Cliffy B did an interview and he was asked what project he is working on. His response was something like, I can't say what I am working on, but people aren't stupid. I'm thinking between Nov 2010 to Feb 2011 it will launch.

Officially, the Epic panel at GDC will "cover the methods Epic used to bring a large-scale game engine over to a mobile device in only a few months time." Seeing the Unreal Engine on iPhone should be interesting, but what we're really excited about is the Epic Games press conferences also being held during GDC. It will take place on Thursday of the show. Remember, two years ago Cliff Bleszinski tore through a wall at the Microsoft Keynote to announce Gears of War 2. The third game in the trilogy can't be far off, and we're really hoping it will make an appearance at this year's show
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1074511p1.htmlI didn't think it made sense to put the third game off for several years and allow their fan base to lose interest ... maybe it was just a smoke screen.
I just don't want them to #### up the third game since it's supposed to be the last in the series. I'd rather they take their time and make another ####### classic rather than rushing to get one out.

Updated list:

The Legend of Zelda - Looking for the entrance to level 6.

Tecmo NBA Basketball - Playing a season with the Knicks. GB Ewing, Oakley & Starks!

Tecmo Super Bowl - Playing as the Packers cause they suck and I'm attempting to make it challenging. Keith Woodside is slow.

Ghost 'n Goblins. - Yes, it;s still one of the hardests games Ive ever played. Comically hard.

(Broke out the old NES for my 3 &5 year olds to play)

I just don't want them to #### up the third game since it's supposed to be the last in the series. I'd rather they take their time and make another ####### classic rather than rushing to get one out.
Well then you don't want them to wait for the new system. First gen games usually suck.

That, and I don't know how long before companies will push a new system on us. With the economy the way it is and the amount of great games being developed, not many people will be hard pressed to buy a new $400-$600 system. The 360/PS3 have already been out for what, 4/5 years? They were pushing out new systems every 4 years not so long ago.

Can someone explain God of War to me like I'm shuke? TIA.**New PS3 ownerI'm looking forward to Mafia 2.
Best game(s) ever made imo. Ive never went out and bought a whole system just for one game but i went and got a ps3 just for gow3. If youre a fan of greek mythology, youll love it. If not, the series has a very interesting story line to it.

Next to the graveyard. Get the Master Sword first though.I am waiting for:Mario Galaxy 2Metroid: Other MThose games are going to be #1 and #2 for the year. Galaxy blows anything out from the other systems, except maybe FFXIII

Updated list:The Legend of Zelda - Looking for the entrance to level 6.Tecmo NBA Basketball - Playing a season with the Knicks. GB Ewing, Oakley & Starks!Tecmo Super Bowl - Playing as the Packers cause they suck and I'm attempting to make it challenging. Keith Woodside is slow. Ghost 'n Goblins. - Yes, it;s still one of the hardests games Ive ever played. Comically hard.(Broke out the old NES for my 3 &5 year olds to play)
I played Tecmo NBA Basketball for the first time in years last night. I found it barely playable now, although I used to love the game. I played NBA Live '95 the night before and still found it enjoyable.Played through the first Legend of Zelda last week. I think level 6 is just east of the cemetary.

Can someone explain God of War to me like I'm shuke? TIA.**New PS3 ownerI'm looking forward to Mafia 2.
Best game(s) ever made imo. Ive never went out and bought a whole system just for one game but i went and got a ps3 just for gow3. If youre a fan of greek mythology, youll love it. If not, the series has a very interesting story line to it.
:shrug: Kratos is by far the most badass video game character of all time, and the Blades of Chaos are probably the most badass video game melee weapon of all time. Solid plot, beautiful graphics, interesting puzzles, great enemies, and just a whole lot of brutal, no-apologies fun.

SlaX said:
fissure man said:
Updated list:

Tecmo NBA Basketball - Playing a season with the Knicks. GB Ewing, Oakley & Starks!

Tecmo Super Bowl - Playing as the Packers cause they suck and I'm attempting to make it challenging. Keith Woodside is slow.

Ghost 'n Goblins. - Yes, it;s still one of the hardests games Ive ever played. Comically hard.

(Broke out the old NES for my 3 &5 year olds to play)
I played Tecmo NBA Basketball for the first time in years last night. I found it barely playable now, although I used to love the game. I played NBA Live '95 the night before and still found it enjoyable.Played through the first Legend of Zelda last week. I think level 6 is just east of the cemetary.
I agree. I played two games and said forget about it. All the blinking makes it where you can barely see a thing. And if you wanna be cheap, all you have to do is keep one player at your basket the whole time and just pass the ball to him and its an easy 2 pts every single time.

Was getting antsy for a new game but luckily one of my friends offered to let me borrow his copy of the first Mass Effect. Now I don't have to shell out $60 for something new at best buy this afternoon. :lmao:
I got the orginal Mass Effect for a few bucks a few months ago and I was a bit underwhelmed.
About 10 hours into it now. Reminds me of Fallout 3, in that it is just absolute crack that I can't give up. I have to explore every nook and cranny, talk to every person, explore every planet. Turned the game on around 6pm and the next thing I know it's 1:30am in the morning, freaking time sink.But dang was the beginning slow, took me forever to get off that darn Citadel space station and finally get off into space exploring the galaxy. And I messed up my choices and didn't realize that if I want to bang the hot alien chick it's at the beginning of the game. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread