What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2010 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Who knows.Either the chemistry is lost, or maybe they thought Lee would come in and be a total rock. Lee gets shaky and now it rubs off on all the rest of the team. They rest some guys and then can't shake the rust off coming back online.I can't see Ron being the one to really turn this boat around. Having Anaheim and Oakland being such abortions is not helping. They needed someone to give chase.

Magic number at 16. Would be nice to make some noise against the Yanks this weekend. I think they end up clinching in OAK.

culdeus said:
Base ball ball
:goodposting: I don't remember having this much fun and emotional attachment about this team back in 96, 98 and 99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was at the Temple tonight for the Homestand sweep. Love how the guys are swinging the bats. Watching Feliz pitch in person is just something you have to do.

Crowd was great tonight. Really into the game. Throwing the Claw and the Antlers up at all the right spots. This could be a crazy place to play if the Rangers get a bit of momentum going in the playoffs.

There really aren't gonna be a lot of tickets out in the open. They let season ticket holders go first, then the mini-plan guys all the way down to 6 games go second. In both cases they could buy more tickets than they actually had in their plan.

ctdub said:
Disco Stu said:
Just bought tickets for the first home playoff game. :confused:
I didn't think they went on sale yet? I thought it was Saturday morning?
Got an email for a presale that started at 9am yesterday. Regular sales start at 9am Saturday.
Do you have a ticketmaster password? If so would you mind hitting me up on pm with it? I'd really appreciate it.
I would have posted the code here, but it's a one-time use code.

culdeus said:
There really aren't gonna be a lot of tickets out in the open. They let season ticket holders go first, then the mini-plan guys all the way down to 6 games go second. In both cases they could buy more tickets than they actually had in their plan.
I'm not even a mini-plan (flex) guy. I got to buy tickets the same day as them though just for subscribing to their newsletter.Presale page.

culdeus said:
I'm not even a mini-plan (flex) guy. I got to buy tickets the same day as them though just for subscribing to their newsletter.Presale page.
Thanks. I couldn't get it to work. Hopefully there will be some available in the morning. I have my alarm set to call. I don't want to have to buy from stubhub and get raped.

culdeus said:
Thanks. I couldn't get it to work. Hopefully there will be some available in the morning. I have my alarm set to call. I don't want to have to buy from stubhub and get raped.
Try for the second game. First one is almost sold out already.

How do I sign up for that newsletter? Maybe they will do that again for alcs. I spent redialing and refreshing the computer for an hour and a half yesterday before I gave up and bought game 1 tix off stub hub. Had to pay $100 over face per for 2 tix. Really sucks, but I'm 11 rows up on first base side. Can't wait.

How do I sign up for that newsletter? Maybe they will do that again for alcs. I spent redialing and refreshing the computer for an hour and a half yesterday before I gave up and bought game 1 tix off stub hub. Had to pay $100 over face per for 2 tix. Really sucks, but I'm 11 rows up on first base side. Can't wait.
Link.

ctdub said:
How much cheaper could you have expected? Those were probably someone's season tickets.

Amazing how a 12th inning win along with an OAK lost changes everything back to the good.

Magic number at 4. A split or better in OAK takes care of business.

USA Today is reporting that the Texas Rangers have signed a 20-year, 3 billion dollar extension with Fox Sports Southwest.

That is 150 million dollars a year, the most for any club that does not own its own channel. In comparision, the Dodgers get 45 million a year from Fox.

Cliff Lee? Yes, please. Go talk to Carl Crawford? Sure, why not.

Bogart said:
:unsure: This is going to be an interesting week. Who plays? Who rests? Who ends up on the 25 man playoff roster?
I was hoping Hunter got the game 3 start. Lewis is better than his win loss indicates. I will be pissed if Davis gets the nod over Moreland. Moreland had earned his spot IMO.What will the 25 man playoff roster look like?pitchers1. Lee2. Wilson3. Lewis4. Hunter5. Ogando6. Feliz7. O'day8. Oliver9. KirkmanNippert?Harrison?Francisco?Out Holland, strop, rapada, hardenPosition10. Elvis11. Young12. Hambone13. Kinsler14. Cruz15. Vlad16. Murphy17. Molina18. Treanor19. Cantu20. Bourbon21. Moreland or Davis22. Blanco23. Francouer24.25. Options: above pitchers. German (pinch runner), Teagarden, Guzman. I think Nippert might edge Harrison as Hunter can be a long reliever. I'd go with either German or Teagarden...

USA Today is reporting that the Texas Rangers have signed a 20-year, 3 billion dollar extension with Fox Sports Southwest.That is 150 million dollars a year, the most for any club that does not own its own channel. In comparision, the Dodgers get 45 million a year from Fox.Cliff Lee? Yes, please. Go talk to Carl Crawford? Sure, why not.
Now the talk is 1.5 to 1.6 Billion dollars for 20 years. Still a huge number and should give the club plenty of ammo to take care of the roster in the future.

:rolleyes: This is going to be an interesting week. Who plays? Who rests? Who ends up on the 25 man playoff roster?
I was hoping Hunter got the game 3 start. Lewis is better than his win loss indicates. I will be pissed if Davis gets the nod over Moreland. Moreland had earned his spot IMO.
No way they put Davis on the roster. In that game where all the scrubs played 8 of the starting lineup got 2 hits each. I think two guys reached base in every plate appearance. Davis was 0-6 with 2K. I assume we have seen the very last of Davis in the majors.

USA Today is reporting that the Texas Rangers have signed a 20-year, 3 billion dollar extension with Fox Sports Southwest.That is 150 million dollars a year, the most for any club that does not own its own channel. In comparision, the Dodgers get 45 million a year from Fox.Cliff Lee? Yes, please. Go talk to Carl Crawford? Sure, why not.
Now the talk is 1.5 to 1.6 Billion dollars for 20 years. Still a huge number and should give the club plenty of ammo to take care of the roster in the future.
I still don't quite understand why they pay all this money. Typical viewership of a rangers production is like 50-70k people total. I can't see that I'm worth 1500 bucks a year to advertisers taking out the production costs and all that (which are huge too). I will say that probably by the time the new project starts I won't even have a cable box. It's really stupid to sign something like this not knowing how net neutrality is going to work out in the end.

culdeus said:
I still don't quite understand why they pay all this money. Typical viewership of a rangers production is like 50-70k people total. I can't see that I'm worth 1500 bucks a year to advertisers taking out the production costs and all that (which are huge too). I will say that probably by the time the new project starts I won't even have a cable box. It's really stupid to sign something like this not knowing how net neutrality is going to work out in the end.
Rangers averaged a 3.6 this year on FSW which is about 90,000 households up 32% from last year. You also get all of the other programs based around the Rangers ("Rangers for Lunch", "OSB Cuts Some Lines", etc)They are more than likely overpaying right now, but I could see where the 2nd decade it could be a real deal for the network. Plus you are keeping the team away from Cuban and HDNet.

culdeus said:
Rangers averaged a 3.6 this year on FSW which is about 90,000 households up 32% from last year. You also get all of the other programs based around the Rangers ("Rangers for Lunch", "OSB Cuts Some Lines", etc)They are more than likely overpaying right now, but I could see where the 2nd decade it could be a real deal for the network. Plus you are keeping the team away from Cuban and HDNet.
You sure about that. I always heard FSN was a 2.? and the 21 were a 3.?

culdeus said:
culdeus said:
You sure about that. I always heard FSN was a 2.? and the 21 were a 3.?
These are the numbers that Internet is telling me. FSN actually pulled some 6.1 games with a peak of 8.0 back in July with some of the Cliff Lee early starts. It still feels like a ton of money, and can't be good for the Dallas Stars. They will be lucky to be anything for their games at this point. Maybe Cuban needs to snag them while they are in a freefall. Hockey is much better in HD anyway.

Speaking of numbers. How the hell does Tampa only draw 12k to their clinching game?
They don't deserve a team if that is all they can draw. I support moving the Rays to Portland, putting them in the AL West, moving Texas to the Central (so I and a team from the Central to the East (My pick would be Kansas City, not geographically the right choice, but just seems like the best fit.)

Speaking of numbers. How the hell does Tampa only draw 12k to their clinching game?
They don't deserve a team if that is all they can draw. I support moving the Rays to Portland, putting them in the AL West, moving Texas to the Central (so I and a team from the Central to the East (My pick would be Kansas City, not geographically the right choice, but just seems like the best fit.)
I think you take either of the Florida teams and put them where Reunion used to be and in the NL.

I think you take either of the Florida teams and put them where Reunion used to be and in the NL.
Wow. I like your thinking. An NL team, small intimate park. Make it the Dallas hipster sports event to go to. All the D-Bag Cubs and Cardinal fans down here can get huge doses of those teams each year. Let Cuban own that team and match it with the Mavs and Stars for a Dallas sports juggernaut with its own channel.

Game 1 Wednesday 12:37, Game 2 Thursday 1:37. Sucks. You guys going to skip work and watch the game at a bar? I have a 1:00 meeting Wednesday and will probably head somewhere in uptown right after. Freaking schedule blows. Yankees suck getting all the prime-time slots.

Game 1 Wednesday 12:37, Game 2 Thursday 1:37. Sucks. You guys going to skip work and watch the game at a bar? I have a 1:00 meeting Wednesday and will probably head somewhere in uptown right after. Freaking schedule blows. Yankees suck getting all the prime-time slots.
Blame the Rays.

Blame the Rays.
;) Sure. The world was clamoring for the Rangers in the primetime slot.

I probably won't be able to watch any of games 1-3 at all. Why they can't run the games at the same time is beyond me.

Is the potential game 4 start time TBD? They'll avoid the 3:15 Cowboy kickoff, right? I have Cowboy tickets and will be pissed if I miss the Ranger game.

I probably won't be able to watch any of games 1-3 at all. Why they can't run the games at the same time is beyond me.
Aggie game at Jerry World the conflict Saturday? Busy afternoon in Arlington.
Yeah. I have tickets to the A&M game. Going with a huge group so it's not practical to jump ship now.I may try to tear off a long as possible Wednesday. That's my most open day. Thursday is horrible, and I may try to tivo.

Premier said:
coolnerd said:
Blame the Rays.
:unsure: Sure. The world was clamoring for the Rangers in the primetime slot.
I think we all understand everyone wants to watch the yanks buy another ws championship. You think the rangers could at least get 1 primetime slot. I'm sure people would tune in to see Cliff Lee pitch our al batting champ... And not like Dallas is a small tv market. Yankees are the biggest part, but the fact that the only people who care about the Rays are friends and family of the players didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread