What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2010 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Your World Series Ticket Opportunity Begins Today

Congratulations! You are a winner for the 2010 Texas Rangers World Series Ticket Opportunity. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets for one potential game of the World Series at Rangers Ballpark before they go on sale to the general public.

Beginning at 9 a.m. CT today, Thursday, October 14, you may take advantage of this online-only ticket opportunity...
This makes me even more nervous. :yes:
I hear that people are in line now to buy tickets on Sunday. That means they will be in line during the first two Yankee games. That could be a security nightmare out there.
I heard that on the ticket yesterday. Is this presale online only? Or is it possible those people were in line for this morning?
I heard from two places that it was for tickets going on sale Sunday morning. This morning would make more sense, unless they just want to be the freaks that camp out, plus they get front row seats to the chaos of the games this weekend.

So nervous... mostly about the bullpen. I'd feel a lot better if Frankie Francisco was available.

Who do we have out there that's somewhat dependable? The three Os and Neftali? That's being generous. I don't want to see what happens if a starter can only go five. :confused:

I haven't heard who the 11th pitcher is yet. I wish they would use Blanco's roster spot for a 12th pitcher.... Doubtful he sees an at bat or inning of play. We could always use someone else in the pen.

German and Nippert dropped for Kirkman and Rapada.
Ahhh. Why drop nippert? He's good for 3 or 4 innings to close out a blowout loss and save the pen??? Glad to have Kirkman, but Rapada is a situational lefty and with so many switch hitters on the Yankees I just don't get that move. I guess that's why I don't get paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

German and Nippert dropped for Kirkman and Rapada.
Ahhh. Why drop nippert? He's good for 3 or 4 innings to close out a blowout loss and save the pen??? Glad to have Kirkman, but Rapada is a situational lefty and with so many switch hitters on the Yankees I just don't get that move. I guess that's why I don't get paid the big bucks to make these decisions.
The Dutch Oven can do this. I doubt they trust him for anything more.

A bunch of people at my office just saw Minka and Jeter. I was on a freaking call and missed it. I've been staring out my office window the last 2 days hoping to get peek at her.

Oliver hasn't had anything since what? June? And you bring him out in a stopper role?

There's going to be some post traumatic stress syndrome from that one.

And Young did the amazing thing by opening and then slamming shut his really only window to ever even be possibly, remotely, considered for the HOF in one game.

Oliver hasn't had anything since what? June? And you bring him out in a stopper role? There's going to be some post traumatic stress syndrome from that one.And Young did the amazing thing by opening and then slamming shut his really only window to ever even be possibly, remotely, considered for the HOF in one game.
matador, imo

And Young did the amazing thing by opening and then slamming shut his really only window to ever even be possibly, remotely, considered for the HOF in one game.
By doing the same ####ty job he's done at third all year? Forget the HOF. I'm just hoping he shut the door on being the regular 3B in 2011.

So nervous... mostly about the bullpen. I'd feel a lot better if Frankie Francisco was available.Who do we have out there that's somewhat dependable? The three Os and Neftali? That's being generous. I don't want to see what happens if a starter can only go five. :lmao:
:lol: :( :X

So nervous... mostly about the bullpen. I'd feel a lot better if Frankie Francisco was available.Who do we have out there that's somewhat dependable? The three Os and Neftali? That's being generous. I don't want to see what happens if a starter can only go five. :lmao:
:X :X :X
The lack of bullpen was why many people wrote this thing off early. At one time I hoped Scheppers or maybe even Perez would speed through and shock everyone. I'm not even sure if either of those guys are even on track for 2011 at this point.

Huge relief there. Very nice! :thumbdown:

Is it time to move Vlad down in the order yet? Cruz would be much better protection for Josh.

Today made the sickness of last night subside a bit. You have to be happy with the split and Mr. Lee starting on Monday.

This is going to be a sick series.

I'm in North Austin for Monday and Tuesday night. Anyone suggest a friendly place to watch the game??

Odds are that tonight I stay in my hotel, drink Shiner and work as I watch, but tomorrow I should venture into the city.

I'm in North Austin for Monday and Tuesday night. Anyone suggest a friendly place to watch the game??Odds are that tonight I stay in my hotel, drink Shiner and work as I watch, but tomorrow I should venture into the city.
Where in North Austin?So, me and some of the guys are going to take up a collection to keep Cliff from the Yankees. You in?

I'm in North Austin for Monday and Tuesday night. Anyone suggest a friendly place to watch the game??Odds are that tonight I stay in my hotel, drink Shiner and work as I watch, but tomorrow I should venture into the city.
Where in North Austin?So, me and some of the guys are going to take up a collection to keep Cliff from the Yankees. You in?
I-35 and Howard.I'm the guy missing his baseball pants.I'm in.

I-35 and Howard.I'm the guy missing his baseball pants.I'm in.
Are you sleeping in the Home Depot parking lot? I'm right down the road from you. Wish I wasn't in charge of the squid while the wife went to happy hour tomorrow night, or I'd love to hit a sports bar and watch the game.The BW3 at I-35 and Parmer is about your best bet in that area. Decent sports bars are downtown.

Ever since the time of Charlie Hough smoking between innings, walking around that cement coffin that was Turnpike Stadium and living for soggy Ballpark Nachos, I have been conditioned for this team to fail. You didn't root for the Rangers to contend, to make the playoffs. You rooted for them to somehow win the game you were at (so you could brag that the Rangers are over 0.500 when you are in the crowd), you rooted for Larry Parrish to hit one out (to go with his 3 Ks that night), you rooted for Oddibe McDowell to make a great catch or steal a base. You rooted for small victories.

I still can not wrap my head around what this team is doing. Last night was probably nothing to the Yankee fan. Worst playoff loss ever for NYY, meh, they will be over it in a few days. But to Ranger fans, that will be a game for the ages. We will remember every mundane detail. We will make lifetime heroes of Lee, Hamilton, even Bengie Molina who will be able to eat for free in Arlington for the rest of his life.

All that to say, I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Still waiting for the Yankees to be the Yankees and outspend, outhit and bully this thing out of the playoffs.

But what if they don't? What if we move on?

Bogart said:
Ever since the time of Charlie Hough smoking between innings, walking around that cement coffin that was Turnpike Stadium and living for soggy Ballpark Nachos, I have been conditioned for this team to fail. You didn't root for the Rangers to contend, to make the playoffs. You rooted for them to somehow win the game you were at (so you could brag that the Rangers are over 0.500 when you are in the crowd), you rooted for Larry Parrish to hit one out (to go with his 3 Ks that night), you rooted for Oddibe McDowell to make a great catch or steal a base. You rooted for small victories.I still can not wrap my head around what this team is doing. Last night was probably nothing to the Yankee fan. Worst playoff loss ever for NYY, meh, they will be over it in a few days. But to Ranger fans, that will be a game for the ages. We will remember every mundane detail. We will make lifetime heroes of Lee, Hamilton, even Bengie Molina who will be able to eat for free in Arlington for the rest of his life.All that to say, I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Still waiting for the Yankees to be the Yankees and outspend, outhit and bully this thing out of the playoffs.But what if they don't? What if we move on?
Can't tell you how many :shrug: this post deserves. I'm right there with you, all of it. Even up 3-1, I'm not buying that we could advance to the WS with another win.Mid-October baseball is fun. Who knew...

Is this the part where we pretend like we've been here before?
Nah. This is the part where we run around like goofy bastards without our pants on and relish the moment.
:shrug: This may be the greatest night of my life.A sack of Torchy's Tacos, a Real Ale Sampler 6 pack and a 4 hour masterpiece on TBS, muted.Listening to WFAN now to hear the suicidal callers.claw. antlers.

I really don't get how game 5 of the ALCS in Yankee Stadium can be on at 2:30 on a Wednesday afternoon.

What the HELL?

I really don't get how game 5 of the ALCS in Yankee Stadium can be on at 2:30 on a Wednesday afternoon. What the HELL?
Yeah, I could have sworn this was set to be 7pm at some point though there is nothing out there to say I wasn't high at the time. I'll be back at F&H again I guess.

I really don't get how game 5 of the ALCS in Yankee Stadium can be on at 2:30 on a Wednesday afternoon. What the HELL?
Technically it's at 3:07.I'm good for most of the game, but I have to figure out what I'm going to do in the evening. I've been working on this meeting with CAMPO, CTRMA and the city for months to talk about transportation planning, and it's set for 6 p.m. tomorrow night. Who was I to know that (1) the Rangers would be playing in game 5 of an ALCS and (2) the damn thing would be scheduled for the middle of the afternoon.Count me in with the crowd that's far from comfortable even with the 3-1 lead.

Yeah, I could have sworn this was set to be 7pm at some point though there is nothing out there to say I wasn't high at the time. I'll be back at F&H again I guess.
It's been scheduled as an afternoon game from the get-go. I took the day off. Screw it. Ranger baseballball day. :goodposting:Happens to be early dismissal day at my son's school too, so we'll be firmly planted on the couch in plenty of time for the opening pitch. Will likely watch some of last night's game on MLB first.

Technically it's at 3:07.I'm good for most of the game, but I have to figure out what I'm going to do in the evening. I've been working on this meeting with CAMPO, CTRMA and the city for months to talk about transportation planning, and it's set for 6 p.m. tomorrow night. Who was I to know that (1) the Rangers would be playing in game 5 of an ALCS and (2) the damn thing would be scheduled for the middle of the afternoon.Count me in with the crowd that's far from comfortable even with the 3-1 lead.
Ear bud and a flask. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread