What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2010 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Premier said:
coolnerd said:
Game 1 Wednesday 12:37, Game 2 Thursday 1:37. Sucks. You guys going to skip work and watch the game at a bar? I have a 1:00 meeting Wednesday and will probably head somewhere in uptown right after. Freaking schedule blows. Yankees suck getting all the prime-time slots.
Blame the Rays.
:unsure: Sure. The world was clamoring for the Rangers in the primetime slot.
I think we all understand everyone wants to watch the yanks buy another ws championship. You think the rangers could at least get 1 primetime slot. I'm sure people would tune in to see Cliff Lee pitch our al batting champ... And not like Dallas is a small tv market. Yankees are the biggest part, but the fact that the only people who care about the Rays are friends and family of the players didn't help.

Premier said:
coolnerd said:
Game 1 Wednesday 12:37, Game 2 Thursday 1:37. Sucks. You guys going to skip work and watch the game at a bar? I have a 1:00 meeting Wednesday and will probably head somewhere in uptown right after. Freaking schedule blows. Yankees suck getting all the prime-time slots.
Blame the Rays.
:lmao: Sure. The world was clamoring for the Rangers in the primetime slot.
I think we all understand everyone wants to watch the yanks buy another ws championship. You think the rangers could at least get 1 primetime slot. I'm sure people would tune in to see Cliff Lee pitch our al batting champ... And not like Dallas is a small tv market. Yankees are the biggest part, but the fact that the only people who care about the Rays are friends and family of the players didn't help.
I still don't get why they can't run at the same time. The number of just straight up baseball fans that want to catch both the games has to be very few. I'd think they'd more than make up for it in the DFW market alone by going this route.

Anyone want to meet up for a little game watching at one of the many watering holes near 635x75 tomorrow?

Anyone want to meet up for a little game watching at one of the many watering holes near 635x75 tomorrow?
Would love to, but having corporate bigwigs coming in tomorrow for a major management reconstruction. While my job is safe, I probably should be around. I plan on being locked in my office with Nadel on the radio.

The Rangers have officially set their roster for the Rays series, with Dustin Nippert and Derek Holland claiming the final bullpen spots (over Scott Feldman, Michael Kirkman, and Clay Rapada), Mitch Moreland and Jorge Cantu earning the first base jobs (over Chris Davis), and Esteban German landing a runner spot at the expense of an extra arm. The Rangers will go with 10 pitchers this round.

The full roster:

RH Pitchers (6)

Neftali Feliz

Tommy Hunter

Colby Lewis

Dustin Nippert

Darren O'Day

Alexi Ogando

LH Pitchers (4)

Derek Holland

Cliff Lee

Darren Oliver

C.J. Wilson

Catchers (2)

Bengie Molina

Matt Treanor

Infielders (7)

Elvis Andrus

Andres Blanco

Jorge Cantu

Esteban German

Ian Kinsler

Mitch Moreland

Michael Young

Outfielders (6)

Julio Borbon

Nelson Cruz

Jeff Francoeur

Vladimir Guerrero

Josh Hamilton

David Murphy

Having to listen to this on fuzzy FM via my nano. MLB doesn't have a good enough product to keep people from watching/listening for free online.

If you want eyeballs, why not schedule a couple of playoff games to run concurrently?

I mean all schtick aside the trop was a tomb today. The cowbells were a non factor after the second inning.

If this makes it back there for game 5 it might be different. And despite all the sellout talk there were tons of seats empty in every crowd shot. Maybe some season ticket holders couldn't manage to get there during a day game, but since the game didn't really actually sellout people didn't have to go via the secondary market to get there.

The Rangers were very lucky to get Tampa rather than New York. I know some people wanted the "revenge" angle to play out, but baby steps here folks, baby steps.

Great game. Francouer was on the ticket after the game. Sounds like a great guy.

Hoping for a win tomorrow and a sweep Saturday.

I listened to some of the game using MLB at bat app on the iPhone. You get to listen to Eric Nadal. It only cost $5 now. FYI.

Has anyone seen my pants?
I found them and they are pretty bloody.I always was nervous about Hunter. The guy seemed to just get lucky racking up those wins. This was the real bad downside of missing on Harden so badly. I have confidence in the game 5 matchup. I don't know why to think otherwise. I just think both these teams are going to go into the next round so far out of phase that it will be tough to get on track. :lmao:Rough metroplex sports weekend all around.

Has anyone seen my pants?
I found them and they are pretty bloody.I always was nervous about Hunter. The guy seemed to just get lucky racking up those wins. This was the real bad downside of missing on Harden so badly. I have confidence in the game 5 matchup. I don't know why to think otherwise. I just think both these teams are going to go into the next round so far out of phase that it will be tough to get on track. :lmao:Rough metroplex sports weekend all around.
Agree on all accounts. A Lee victory will be the biggest in Rangers history (duh), it is just a shame that they could not have taken care of business this weekend and have their best rotation come the ALCS.Still, I LOVE this team, and win or lose, this has been one hell of a season.

Josh Lewin contract not renewed. Interesting.... I like listening to the guy. I enjoy his humor.
This isn't good. I mean the first couple years were the years I really started following things alot, and the chemistry was pretty bad. Eventually those guys really learned to play off eachother. All those lean years and blowout games forges a bond. I think Josh never really intended to stay in this market long term. I forget where he would say he wanted to get to though. It was what 9 years altogether?

Josh Lewin contract not renewed. Interesting.... I like listening to the guy. I enjoy his humor.
This isn't good. I mean the first couple years were the years I really started following things alot, and the chemistry was pretty bad. Eventually those guys really learned to play off eachother. All those lean years and blowout games forges a bond. I think Josh never really intended to stay in this market long term. I forget where he would say he wanted to get to though. It was what 9 years altogether?
He already has a gig as the San Deigo Charger announcer. Not sure if this is a Rangers only decision, honesty. Tags gets another three years to tell us about which deserts that some wife who should be cooking for her husband is baking.

goodbye and a heartfelt thank u from josh lewin

by joshlewin on Oct 11, 2010 2:34 PM CDT

353 COMMENTS EMAIL PRINT

<!--StartFragment-->

It’s with a real heavy heart that I write this, everyone, but to borrow a phrase; “it’s time.” 

I love the Rangers -- always will -- and am so sorry that the news of my departure came out in the middle of something so important (and potentially awesome.)  I will be staying in the Metroplex, the place I have made my home and I love so much… and I will be rooting hard for the guys to kick some butt Tuesday night and keep this wonderful season going.

Sometimes relationships just run their course, and it really is as simple as that in this situation.  I still love the Rangers organization, and hope they still like me as well… but with different visions of what the broadcast landscape should look like, this really is the best for all concerned.

Unfortunately, I can’t say anything yet about my new horizons as things are still “in development” as they say… but suffice to say I will have some opportunities now to broadcast (both locally and nationally) that fit very well with my philosophy of “informing and entertaining.”  This is all going to work out well for everyone, I promise.

To all of you who have been so kind to welcome me into your homes each night, I can’t thank you enough.  It is such a privilege to be the guy with the microphone, bringing you as close as possible to these wonderful coaches and players and support staff.  Y’all have hitched your wagons to a great thing – and it was my distinct pleasure to have been your narrator.  Ranger fans are unique in their passion and their warmth – my family and I have appreciated every minute of your attention.

You’ll be reading and hearing soon enough about where I’ll be turning up next… I’m excited about it, and I hope you’ll all stay in touch as best you can. (Guess I’ll have to come up with a new Twitter handle now though!)

Thank you, all of you who have been such good “invisible friends” to me these last nine years… and even those of you who have criticized and belittled, I know it comes from a love of the ballclub in the first place. As always, the ballclub is more important than the broadcaster! 

Finally, whoever TAG’s new partner will be, please give him (or her) a chance to win you over… change isn’t easy and Lord knows it took me a while to win many of you over.  Listen with an open mind, and please keep peace and love in your heart.

All good things always —

Josh Lewin

I barely slept last night. I think I played this game in my head 3 times from start to finish.

The first inning will be important like always for Lee. Get out of it untouched and things start rolling.

I still feel like this offense is due for a big inning, a really big inning, all the way through the lineup type inning.

I am going to say that happens and this thing ends early. Final score: Rangers 9 Rays 1.

claw.

I would normally watch something like this at Stan's, but I'm not sure I can avoid getting arrested in many possible scenarios tonight.

Gonna have to drink heavily tonight. Feeling queasy already. :goodposting:

Hamilton is due, right?

BTW, I'm pissed this went five for selfish reasons. Tonight is the burlesque debut of a friend of mine. "Sorry but I'd rather watch baseball than see you naked." Probably need to word that better.

Hamilton is due, right?BTW, I'm pissed this went five for selfish reasons. Tonight is the burlesque debut of a friend of mine. "Sorry but I'd rather watch baseball than see you naked." Probably need to word that better.
Guess not. Maybe he's saving it for the Yankees.And I've been to a couple burlesque shows that a friend of mine invited me to. It's like Cinemax softcore. You're not missing all that much.

Interesting memes going around on the news/blogs/radio.

Petite has a real bad record at BPIA. It's his worst park, or close to it. They have to decide how to pitch him. Game 2 and 6 both at BPIA or Game 3 and 7 with 7 in BPIA. I think we'll see a Lee/Petite matchup.

Lots of confusion about what of these baserunning stunts were authorized. From what I gather Cruz was in no way told to take third there. It completely broke the game open, but he was dead to rights halfway down the basepath if Stoppach hadn't sent that ball there on a ballistic trajectory.

The Andrus and Vladdy ones weren't exactly well advised either.

I wonder where you bat Kinsler in the next series. I'd be in favor of shaking things up a bit and swapping him and Young. I fully expect that to not happen, however.

I assumed Cruz went for the steal simply because he knew that should have been a triple. Trying to make up for admiring his shot. Not the best idea, but that what baseball do.

The Andrus and Vlady plays were wonderful. Love that aggressive base running. :excited:

unless it doesn't work

I assumed Cruz went for the steal simply because he knew that should have been a triple. Trying to make up for admiring his shot. Not the best idea, but that what baseball do.The Andrus and Vlady plays were wonderful. Love that aggressive base running. :excited: unless it doesn't work
I'm pretty sure if someone pulled any of those stunts on Buck he would have shot them dead on the spot.

I assumed Cruz went for the steal simply because he knew that should have been a triple. Trying to make up for admiring his shot. Not the best idea, but that what baseball do.The Andrus and Vlady plays were wonderful. Love that aggressive base running. :pickle: unless it doesn't work
I'm pretty sure if someone pulled any of those stunts on Buck he would have shot them dead on the spot.
The aggressive base running had been missing the first 4 games. Glad they decided to go back to the way they played all year. Sometimes you shake your head at them being over aggressive, but it paid off last night.

Your World Series Ticket Opportunity Begins Today

Congratulations! You are a winner for the 2010 Texas Rangers World Series Ticket Opportunity. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets for one potential game of the World Series at Rangers Ballpark before they go on sale to the general public.

Beginning at 9 a.m. CT today, Thursday, October 14, you may take advantage of this online-only ticket opportunity...
This makes me even more nervous. :unsure:

Congratulations! You are a winner for the 2010 Texas Rangers World Series Ticket Opportunity. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets for one potential game of the World Series at Rangers Ballpark before they go on sale to the general public.

Beginning at 9 a.m. CT today, Thursday, October 14, you may take advantage of this online-only ticket opportunity...
This makes me even more nervous. :ph34r:
I hear that people are in line now to buy tickets on Sunday. That means they will be in line during the first two Yankee games. That could be a security nightmare out there.

This makes me even more nervous. :yes:
I hear that people are in line now to buy tickets on Sunday. That means they will be in line during the first two Yankee games. That could be a security nightmare out there.
I heard that on the ticket yesterday. Is this presale online only? Or is it possible those people were in line for this morning?

Users who are viewing this thread