What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

Does anyone else notice physiological changes, going from smoking to vaping? Not thinking better sense of smell, or no coughing or such which are anticipated. We all know that the process of vaping seems to dehydrate us so we've got to drink more that our usual amount of water to compensate--I'm wondering if it actually acts like a diuretic, flushing the body. My systems have been really screwed up since I started this.

I'm really looking forward to this next juice order. After trying 6-8 flavors following up on my initial order--it'll be back to basics. My favorites are the 60-40 Wicked Vapor blends I got through Vaporpro with my startup kit. For me those were Capaccino and Dulce de Leche. I'll try one more--their Carmel Carmel, which I expect to be a stronger Dulce--but other than that feel like I'm done experimenting with flavors at least. Psyched! :)

So I took my best XL manual battery out to the pool with me yesterday. After splashing around a little while my wife looks down and informs me it is now at the bottom of the pool. I went down and got it and, of course, it didn't work.

Is this thing dead now or will it dry out? Any ideas on how best to dry it out so it has a chance?

So I took my best XL manual battery out to the pool with me yesterday. After splashing around a little while my wife looks down and informs me it is now at the bottom of the pool. I went down and got it and, of course, it didn't work. Is this thing dead now or will it dry out? Any ideas on how best to dry it out so it has a chance?
I'd let it sit a while. If I recall right manuals are more resiliant because they don't have that center hole.

So I took my best XL manual battery out to the pool with me yesterday. After splashing around a little while my wife looks down and informs me it is now at the bottom of the pool. I went down and got it and, of course, it didn't work. Is this thing dead now or will it dry out? Any ideas on how best to dry it out so it has a chance?
I'd let it sit a while. If I recall right manuals are more resiliant because they don't have that center hole.
Yeah Id put it in a bag of rice for a couple days and see. Thats about the best way to dry it out, imo...

Question about juices--anyone confirm what the mix is for the V4L's? On their faq's it says this:

2) What is the Nobacco Liquid made of?There are three basic ingredients in our Nobacco Juice. The first ingredient is Propylene Glycol which is considered safe by the FDA as a food additive. The second ingredient is nicotine, which is completely optional. All of our liquids are available with various strengths of nicotine and are also available completely nicotine free. The third ingredient in our Nobacco Juice is food grade flavoring. PLEASE NOTE: Nicotine is extremely addictive and is intended for adults only! Also please handle all Nobacco Juice with care. Keep it out of reach of children and pets, as even a small amount of nicotine is potentially toxic.
I was thinking that PG was the thicker of the juices, and these seem thinner than the 60/40 Wicked Vapors. I also thought that the VG was for more throat hit and vapor--and that's where the question comes from. My throat has been really rough since I got the Nobacco liquids, they seem to run more from the tanks, and I was thinking they had more the opposite configuration. Have I got that backwards?

Question about juices--anyone confirm what the mix is for the V4L's? On their faq's it says this:

2) What is the Nobacco Liquid made of?There are three basic ingredients in our Nobacco Juice. The first ingredient is Propylene Glycol which is considered safe by the FDA as a food additive. The second ingredient is nicotine, which is completely optional. All of our liquids are available with various strengths of nicotine and are also available completely nicotine free. The third ingredient in our Nobacco Juice is food grade flavoring. PLEASE NOTE: Nicotine is extremely addictive and is intended for adults only! Also please handle all Nobacco Juice with care. Keep it out of reach of children and pets, as even a small amount of nicotine is potentially toxic.
I was thinking that PG was the thicker of the juices, and these seem thinner than the 60/40 Wicked Vapors. I also thought that the VG was for more throat hit and vapor--and that's where the question comes from. My throat has been really rough since I got the Nobacco liquids, they seem to run more from the tanks, and I was thinking they had more the opposite configuration. Have I got that backwards?
VG is THICK, pg is thin. VG = VAPORPG = THROAT HITYou can buy VG at CVS, $4 for a 4oz bottle. Add it to your juices to get more vapor and to thin out the throat hit a bit (it will also dilute flavor a bit)

2) What is the Nobacco Liquid made of?

There are three basic ingredients in our Nobacco Juice. The first ingredient is Propylene Glycol which is considered safe by the FDA as a food additive. The second ingredient is nicotine, which is completely optional. All of our liquids are available with various strengths of nicotine and are also available completely nicotine free. The third ingredient in our Nobacco Juice is food grade flavoring. PLEASE NOTE: Nicotine is extremely addictive and is intended for adults only! Also please handle all Nobacco Juice with care. Keep it out of reach of children and pets, as even a small amount of nicotine is potentially toxic.
VG is THICK, pg is thin. VG = VAPOR

PG = THROAT HIT

You can buy VG at CVS, $4 for a 4oz bottle. Add it to your juices to get more vapor and to thin out the throat hit a bit (it will also dilute flavor a bit)
Thanks!! That explains it--my throat is killing me. Also explains why the V4L's are bleeding through the eGo-tanks more than the 60/40 Wicked Vapors which I reordered (Love the Capaccino and Dulce de Leche, and added Karmel Karmel to the mix). To begin with I thought I wanted more throat but I'm finding out what a weenie I am. Not giving it up tho. :boxing: It was time for my annual physical so I set up an appointment Thursday for a checkup. Doc's gonna be really thrilled with the way this vaping is working--he's been on me for 25 years. I'm curious to see if he can tell any difference, since last year's checkup when he gave me this strange look and said: "If I didn't know better I would swear you didn't smoke."

I'm actually hoping to start cutting back with this last order. As enjoyable as this is--compared to smoking cigarets--my goal is to not set up a new habit. With these I've gone back to smoking vaping in the truck, in the office, in the home....so I've ordered some zero nic for the truck and medium otherwise. Athletic Supporter reaffirmed my feeling that it could be pretty quick, but in the meantime I ordered another two months worth of juices and a 501 setup to make sure not to run out of steam. And a mod, sort of. Gimme a couple hours and I'll report... :ph34r:

I dropped an automatic battery in the toilet. I dried it and left it in a bag of rice overnight and it worked fine. I think the key is to not try it out until it is absolutely dry.

2) What is the Nobacco Liquid made of?

There are three basic ingredients in our Nobacco Juice. The first ingredient is Propylene Glycol which is considered safe by the FDA as a food additive. The second ingredient is nicotine, which is completely optional. All of our liquids are available with various strengths of nicotine and are also available completely nicotine free. The third ingredient in our Nobacco Juice is food grade flavoring. PLEASE NOTE: Nicotine is extremely addictive and is intended for adults only! Also please handle all Nobacco Juice with care. Keep it out of reach of children and pets, as even a small amount of nicotine is potentially toxic.
VG is THICK, pg is thin. VG = VAPOR

PG = THROAT HIT

You can buy VG at CVS, $4 for a 4oz bottle. Add it to your juices to get more vapor and to thin out the throat hit a bit (it will also dilute flavor a bit)
Thanks!! That explains it--my throat is killing me. Also explains why the V4L's are bleeding through the eGo-tanks more than the 60/40 Wicked Vapors which I reordered (Love the Capaccino and Dulce de Leche, and added Karmel Karmel to the mix). To begin with I thought I wanted more throat but I'm finding out what a weenie I am. Not giving it up tho. :boxing: It was time for my annual physical so I set up an appointment Thursday for a checkup. Doc's gonna be really thrilled with the way this vaping is working--he's been on me for 25 years. I'm curious to see if he can tell any difference, since last year's checkup when he gave me this strange look and said: "If I didn't know better I would swear you didn't smoke."

I'm actually hoping to start cutting back with this last order. As enjoyable as this is--compared to smoking cigarets--my goal is to not set up a new habit. With these I've gone back to smoking vaping in the truck, in the office, in the home....so I've ordered some zero nic for the truck and medium otherwise. Athletic Supporter reaffirmed my feeling that it could be pretty quick, but in the meantime I ordered another two months worth of juices and a 501 setup to make sure not to run out of steam. And a mod, sort of. Gimme a couple hours and I'll report... :ph34r:
Still going strong without. Haven't touched my pv in more than a week. I will admit the first week was easier than the last couple days. Strangely enough, the thought of a drag off a cigarette sounds awfully good right now (not so much from my REO :unsure: ), but no way I'm gonna give in. I've worked too hard to throw it all away now.

Tasty Vapors must have changed up their recipe for Waffle juice...a buddy tried mine, ordered some, and its thinner and lighter in color than the stuff I got a few months back...also, not as flavorful, although maybe steeping will help that a bit. Weird.

So I went to the website to make sure I told him correctly how I ordered mine, and saw Cherry Cola on sale so I figured what the heck and ordered some...it shipped today, it should be here in a couple of days, cant wait to try it :excited:

Over 5 months analog free for me due to this thread so, thanks. I've got my tasty vapor supply along with some ikenvape cartos which should keep me happy for a while. On the menu for this summer: piña colada (an unexpected favorite) cafe mocha and pecan waffle. What an awesome invention this is.

4 months for me as of yesterday thanks to this thread. I'm feeling great, in part since I started up an exercise routine the same day I quit smoking. 5 months ago I would not have thought it possible. I've been rotating Red Energy, Cordial Cherry, Irish Cream, Dr. Pepper and Bananas Foster but I'm still mixing in the coffees. I got the Irish Cream in Cool Cart 24 and *love it* as a late night vape. I'm pretty well stocked in juices but plan to try some new flavors next carto sale. I still have to try bloog cartos. The manual USB I got with the 2nd starter kit is the bomb. Virtually the same improvement I saw moving from auto to manual batty. So much more consistent and strong.

This thread is really great but there is just way too much info in here for me and I have a couple of specific questions. I ordered the V4L kit and got about 25 cartos in different flavors to try everything.

First-If I am a pack a day Marlboro Lights smoker what MG level did I want to get? I got 18mg. I tried the green smoke and it didn't stick and I think the reason was I was too low on the nicotine level. IIRC it was 6mg, that was definitely low.

Second-How do I know when the carto is out of nicotine or running low? When I get #####y? About how may cigarettes is in one of those cartos?

V4L sent me the USB atomizer that you plug in and just vape with. I thought that was pretty neat. I think I'm a coffee flavor in the am and tobacco in the pm kinda guy but I need to get used to the switch with tobacco I think. I need to do this for several reasons, but money is actually the biggest of those reasons. I think I reached the point where cigarette smoking just became an economic liability to the point of almost feeling guilty buying them. I sunk about $100 in this V4L stuff and plan to at least give it a run until my first group of cartos are finished (or almost finished so I have time to reorder).

This thread is really great but there is just way too much info in here for me and I have a couple of specific questions. I ordered the V4L kit and got about 25 cartos in different flavors to try everything. First-If I am a pack a day Marlboro Lights smoker what MG level did I want to get? I got 18mg. I tried the green smoke and it didn't stick and I think the reason was I was too low on the nicotine level. IIRC it was 6mg, that was definitely low.
You'll find 18 mgs is perfect for you with that smoking history. I started with 18's and found them a bit lacking at first, but it was the flavors I picked in retrospect. Anyway, I got some cartos in 24 to convince my mind I was getting enough, and found them to be too much for an all day vape. I've settled into a good 4 month groove of using 18's of flavors that give good TH during the day, and settling in with smooth 24's in the late evening or when out drinking. Try a few 24's. WOW 24 mg coffee shop sampler is outstanding; Coffee 24 is by far the strongest hit I've tried.
Second-How do I know when the carto is out of nicotine or running low? When I get #####y? About how may cigarettes is in one of those cartos? V4L sent me the USB atomizer that you plug in and just vape with. I thought that was pretty neat. I think I'm a coffee flavor in the am and tobacco in the pm kinda guy but I need to get used to the switch with tobacco I think. I need to do this for several reasons, but money is actually the biggest of those reasons. I think I reached the point where cigarette smoking just became an economic liability to the point of almost feeling guilty buying them. I sunk about $100 in this V4L stuff and plan to at least give it a run until my first group of cartos are finished (or almost finished so I have time to reorder).
You'll know when a carto is frying... taste goes from flavor to burnt very noticeably. If you are using the USB exclusively, keep in mind that is 5V vs. 3.7 from the fully charged batties - I burn through cartos a lot quicker using USB, maybe even twice as fast. It's still worth it for the power, but it can be costly if you are tossing cartos instead of refilling more cheaply with juice. Once you find a flavor/strength you like, it'll be much less expensive to buy a 30 ml bottle and refill spent cartos if you plan to use the USB a lot.

Good stuff, Big Jim. That pretty much applies to my experience with the eGo's, and I expect across the board. Absolutely agree with ordering the 30ml refill bottles after picking flavors--especially if cost is a primary motivation. Noticed a post back where you mentioned the manual batteries, and I'd second that recommendation too.

BTW- 25% off sale at V4L through Sunday... made my typical suggestion to a friend who ordered up starter supplies and it was pretty reasonable:

$65 XL manual starter kit (includes 1 carto 5-pack, 2 batteries, manual USB, USB charger, wall charger)

$30 3 extra carto packs (@$10 each)

-----

$95 x .75= $71.25 + 6.95 S/H = $78.20

Code Dad25

Ummmm yeah, so the TV Cherry Cola came last week, and I quickly traded it away on the ECF forum. Wayyyy too sweet, but I should have known that after trying Geoff's Choc covered cherry...anyway, I got 10ml of BWB Green Apple (18mg) and 20ml of BWB Waffle (18mg) in exchange for it...the green apple tastes exactly like an Apple Jolly Rancher. Dig it. Gotta wait for my new blank carts to get here to try the Waffle, but it smells like buttery maple syrup!! She also threw in a small sampler of Kiss Bass Vapor Waffle (6mg, 60/40 PG/VG mix). Smells like vanilla and maple.

Might have found a new all day with the Green Apple, as the V4L apple, while its been a staple, has always been a little light on flavor.

Ok, thanks Big Jim that is helpful.

I started yesterday but still needed a couple of analogs. Today it was worse, I am getting the nicotine but my mind is dull and unfulfilled so I guess it isn't getting to the brain. Also have a bit of indigestion but the dull mental sharpness is what I am dealing with. I know these aren't analogs and if they were everyone would have switched, but I think I'm gonna need some time before I go 100% all in. Anyone else feel this way when they changed over? Had two analogs again today, might need one more but will try to avoid.

I like the Kant and the Cappuccino flavors. Not a fan of the Hilton or 555 and the turtles are a bit different. I need to order the coffee shop one, are the WOWs better than the regular ones? Or does it just depend? I think I need to find a pipe tobacco one, I've always liked pipe tobacco flavors.

Ummmm yeah, so the TV Cherry Cola came last week, and I quickly traded it away on the ECF forum. Wayyyy too sweet, but I should have known that after trying Geoff's Choc covered cherry...anyway, I got 10ml of BWB Green Apple (18mg) and 20ml of BWB Waffle (18mg) in exchange for it...the green apple tastes exactly like an Apple Jolly Rancher. Dig it. Gotta wait for my new blank carts to get here to try the Waffle, but it smells like buttery maple syrup!! She also threw in a small sampler of Kiss Bass Vapor Waffle (6mg, 60/40 PG/VG mix). Smells like vanilla and maple. Might have found a new all day with the Green Apple, as the V4L apple, while its been a staple, has always been a little light on flavor.
I haven't tried the BWB Green Apple, but I'm really love the Applewood. Its a green apple tobacco blend. I made a DIY Belgian Waffle yesterday. I think this is going be my first DIY that really works out. My previous juices were really lacking since I didn't have the sucralose sweetener and ethyl maltol. I also used some vodka to thin it (100% VG) out and add some TH. I need to get some everclear to use instead of vodka, but when I went to pick some up learned its Illegal in Ohio. Next time Im in KY, its first thing on my list.

Ummmm yeah, so the TV Cherry Cola came last week, and I quickly traded it away on the ECF forum. Wayyyy too sweet, but I should have known that after trying Geoff's Choc covered cherry...anyway, I got 10ml of BWB Green Apple (18mg) and 20ml of BWB Waffle (18mg) in exchange for it...the green apple tastes exactly like an Apple Jolly Rancher. Dig it. Gotta wait for my new blank carts to get here to try the Waffle, but it smells like buttery maple syrup!! She also threw in a small sampler of Kiss Bass Vapor Waffle (6mg, 60/40 PG/VG mix). Smells like vanilla and maple. Might have found a new all day with the Green Apple, as the V4L apple, while its been a staple, has always been a little light on flavor.
I haven't tried the BWB Green Apple, but I'm really love the Applewood. Its a green apple tobacco blend. I made a DIY Belgian Waffle yesterday. I think this is going be my first DIY that really works out. My previous juices were really lacking since I didn't have the sucralose sweetener and ethyl maltol. I also used some vodka to thin it (100% VG) out and add some TH. I need to get some everclear to use instead of vodka, but when I went to pick some up learned its Illegal in Ohio. Next time Im in KY, its first thing on my list.
I was a fan of the Applewood too. Took a bit to grow on me, but like the V4L apple, it was more a subtle flavor...this Green Apple, OTOH, is packed with flavor and has a really nice TH. I might order some when Im almost out.

Hello folks.... been away for a while, seems the thread has almost died, but I'm now am approacvhing nearly 5 months without tobacco. I still have some issues with phlem and post nasal drip in my throat, but going straight, although my nicotine addiction is still strong. I'm still vaping 36mg stuff. My urges to vape are as strong as my old urges for a cig. The difference is in my overall health. Well that, and the silly amount of money I havs saved so far, nearing almost 4 thousand dollars at this point.

I hope all of you are still off tobacco and are as happy as I am about that fact. Vape on my brothers.... vape on.

Hello folks.... been away for a while, seems the thread has almost died, but I'm now am approaching nearly 5 months without tobacco. I still have some issues with phlem and post nasal drip in my throat, but going straight, although my nicotine addiction is still strong. I'm still vaping 36mg stuff. My urges to vape are as strong as my old urges for a cig. The difference is in my overall health. Well that, and the silly amount of money I havs saved so far, nearing almost 4 thousand dollars at this point. I hope all of you are still off tobacco and are as happy as I am about that fact. Vape on my brothers.... vape on.
Congrats Rovers! :thumbup: I'm approaching the three month mark myself, July 4th weekend. That $4k number really blows me away--almost makes me wish it was more expensive here so I could feel the benefit in that way too. At two packs/day Pall Malls cost $200/month in NC. Whenever I took trips I was sure to stock up!

Still hitting the bloog and v4l batts and cartos with the flavors I ordered from tasty vapor. No complaints. I lost 2 batts golfing so that sucks. It's weird, I went from not liking fruity flavors to liking them. The piña cola from tasty vapor had a great TH and it quickly became my favorite from my order including coffee cappacinno and waffle though I do like both of those as well. This is saving me a ton of money.

BTW, for benefit reasons, would I now be considered a non-smoker? My plan is cheaper for non-smokers. I haven't had a real cig since early Feb.

OK, I'm ready to hop on board.

1.5 packperday marlboro mediums.

Hit me with some links and or codes. Im ready to give up the analogs.

I was thinking VL4 to start with. Is this still the consensus?

Is the portable charging case a must?

Links would be appreciated. also links to boards and stuff...

OK, I'm ready to hop on board.1.5 packperday marlboro mediums.Hit me with some links and or codes. Im ready to give up the analogs.I was thinking VL4 to start with. Is this still the consensus?Is the portable charging case a must?Links would be appreciated. also links to boards and stuff...
I was not as heavy a smoker as you are so I can only give you my take. v4l is a great way to get into vaping although you will eventually need something more due to the fact that you smoke a pack and a half a day. When you first get the v4l starter kit with cartos you'll love it.I don't need a portable charging case but then again I'm a light smoker/vapor. All I need is the wall charger which is small. I have a usb charger but never use it. Vaping is so much more enjoyable than smoking. Better taste, saves money (don't worry so much about the codes, if you buy it at full price you'll still make out huge in the end) and is more convenient. Good luck!

BTW, for benefit reasons, would I now be considered a non-smoker? My plan is cheaper for non-smokers. I haven't had a real cig since early Feb.
I would think so, I was going to change my plan at my old job but left before I could get a chance to. Just dont tell them you vape and I think youll be okay.

'Cunk said:
'KGB said:
OK, I'm ready to hop on board.

1.5 packperday marlboro mediums.

Hit me with some links and or codes. Im ready to give up the analogs.

I was thinking VL4 to start with. Is this still the consensus?

Is the portable charging case a must?

Links would be appreciated. also links to boards and stuff...
I was not as heavy a smoker as you are so I can only give you my take. v4l is a great way to get into vaping although you will eventually need something more due to the fact that you smoke a pack and a half a day. When you first get the v4l starter kit with cartos you'll love it.I don't need a portable charging case but then again I'm a light smoker/vapor. All I need is the wall charger which is small. I have a usb charger but never use it.

Vaping is so much more enjoyable than smoking. Better taste, saves money (don't worry so much about the codes, if you buy it at full price you'll still make out huge in the end) and is more convenient. Good luck!
Not necessarily. I smoked the same brand, same amount, and I still use V4L and Bloog. I do have a pcc, tho. Cig-free since Feb 16th. :)

Tecumseh--'pcc' is what you're calling the passthrough battery, right? If so I'm on board here--mine's been invaluable. I've got mine hooked up either to an outlet charger or a plug in auto adaptor though and not the computer. It's actually losing it's finish for being used so much.

I'm happy too with the one I started with, and though it might be ahead of schedule--have gone down in both nic strength and delivery system. Started with the Joye eGo-t tank system, and carry the passthrough with low nic constantly, hitting it everywhere. Also then picked up some Joye 510 atomizers to go with it, and carry one with a stronger nic and different flavor to hit once in awhile with the other. Really set on their cappacino and carmel/dulce flavors from the beginning, and keep a stock of all three. No intentions of enhancing the system to increase throat hit after finding the thinner juices burn mine too much.

KGB--I do think the V4L is the general concensus choice here, and you should do well with it.

Cunk, Wingnut--I'm inclined to think the opposite--though it's worth a try! I suspect that the insurance companies themselves will be loathe to accept you as a nonsmoker if only for their bottom line. They would figure "once a smoker, always a smoker", and given that the first thing insurance companies do is look for cause which would release them from responsibility--it will come up in any relevant claim. They'd simply suggest that the damage was already done.

I recently had my annual physical, talked with my doc about the system and such--but didn't ask about how he would 'classify' me. I figure he knows I'd smoked well over 40 years; next year I'll ask him how long he thinks it would take to clear the crap so as to assess the damages, and get his appraisal to back me up for insurance purposes. Mine's company paid so I don't have the immediate rush to fix my rates, though.

Good Luck KGB! It's been an astounding success for me for 3 months now. :thumbup:

Tecumseh--'pcc' is what you're calling the passthrough battery, right? If so I'm on board here--mine's been invaluable. I've got mine hooked up either to an outlet charger or a plug in auto adaptor though and not the computer. It's actually losing it's finish for being used so much. I'm happy too with the one I started with, and though it might be ahead of schedule--have gone down in both nic strength and delivery system. Started with the Joye eGo-t tank system, and carry the passthrough with low nic constantly, hitting it everywhere. Also then picked up some Joye 510 atomizers to go with it, and carry one with a stronger nic and different flavor to hit once in awhile with the other. Really set on their cappacino and carmel/dulce flavors from the beginning, and keep a stock of all three. No intentions of enhancing the system to increase throat hit after finding the thinner juices burn mine too much.KGB--I do think the V4L is the general concensus choice here, and you should do well with it. Cunk, Wingnut--I'm inclined to think the opposite--though it's worth a try! I suspect that the insurance companies themselves will be loathe to accept you as a nonsmoker if only for their bottom line. They would figure "once a smoker, always a smoker", and given that the first thing insurance companies do is look for cause which would release them from responsibility--it will come up in any relevant claim. They'd simply suggest that the damage was already done. I recently had my annual physical, talked with my doc about the system and such--but didn't ask about how he would 'classify' me. I figure he knows I'd smoked well over 40 years; next year I'll ask him how long he thinks it would take to clear the crap so as to assess the damages, and get his appraisal to back me up for insurance purposes. Mine's company paid so I don't have the immediate rush to fix my rates, though. Good Luck KGB! It's been an astounding success for me for 3 months now. :thumbup:
No, i was referring to my portable charger, but the USB passthru rocks too.

'Wingnut said:
'Cunk said:
I would think so, I was going to change my plan at my old job but left before I could get a chance to. Just dont tell them you vape and I think youll be okay.
I sold insurance years ago, and the standard line to classify as a non-smoker, was "12 months nicotine free". In the industry, it was generally passed around to tell clients to quit for a minimum of 2 weeks before the physical. The real issue is what does the insurance company require to prove it? Life insurance over certain amounts will require a blood test and they test for nicotine levels, so vaping may not bypass that. Heatlth insurance on the other hand, I can't remember what they do. My guess is with a company plan, which is all lumped together, the company would rely on the life insurance test to base the others portions of benefits. At my work, we get 100K + 1.5 times salary life insurance with no health questions other than "do you smoke" asked and no tests. Once we put "yes" for smoking, we then have to prove otherwise via blood test no matter the amount of insurance. health insurance premiums are the same for everyone across the board.

'KGB said:
OK, I'm ready to hop on board.1.5 packperday marlboro mediums.Hit me with some links and or codes. Im ready to give up the analogs.I was thinking VL4 to start with. Is this still the consensus?Is the portable charging case a must?Links would be appreciated. also links to boards and stuff...
:thumbup: 23% ff any purchase using code JULY4TH at V4L through 7/3. I'll goo broken record and say you'll be happy with vapor king XL MANUAL starter kit (comes with a pass through & pack of cartomizers) and get 3-4 other cartomizer flavors/samplers to find the flavor you like. I'd get a mixture of 18/24 with that smoking habit. Good luck!

'KGB said:
:thumbup: 23% ff any purchase using code JULY4TH at V4L through 7/3. I'll goo broken record and say you'll be happy with vapor king XL MANUAL starter kit (comes with a pass through & pack of cartomizers) and get 3-4 other cartomizer flavors/samplers to find the flavor you like. I'd get a mixture of 18/24 with that smoking habit. Good luck!
Bloog is also running a 4th of July sale, 25% off until midnight Monday, promo code "1776." Free shipping on orders over $100, which would fit in nicely with a startup kit.You could do a lot worse from a starting standpoint than getting a Bloog MaxxFusion startup kit and maybe 50 carts. I took advantage of their last 25% off sale a month ago and got almost a 5-month supply of carts for $112. Simple and cost-effective.

how long should an ecig last until you need to buy another one? I have purchased 5 since Feb from V4L and all but one have either stopped charging or can't hold its charge more than a few hours.

how long should an ecig last until you need to buy another one? I have purchased 5 since Feb from V4L and all but one have either stopped charging or can't hold its charge more than a few hours.
I've bought about 18-20 since February for my wife and I. Call V4L and tell them about it. They will send replacements. Of course the last set of replacements I got had only 2 of the 4 work when they arrived. Some of these can be adjusted(the post) but they are very difficult to keep working. Try cleaning the ones you currently have if you haven't done so already. Lately the most common problem(for autos) is that they ignite on our first pull then keep burning until dead. Had this happen with 4 different batteries.

How well do you maintain them? To date I've not had a single recharge failure after buying 6 batteries, but I have ditched 1 auto and 1 manual for other mechanical failings. I've only had 1 manual become useless so far since Feb and believe it has had more to do with lint or whatnot from my pockets getting into the button space and making button activation tough. I've not had probs with them not recarging, but I keep my batties shiny new clean. I clean with an alcohol wipe maybe daily, thumb nail pressure to get the threads squeaky shiny clean. I've been using condom refill method and its unavoidable that the juice gunks up the connection for the battery. If you get them shiny new clean (including inside the circle perimeter and the 3 small holes) and they still do not take a charge, you might check the inside of your charger, and see if there is any grime in there because I think it could be the common denominator with 5 batteries refusing to charge. Also, I usually clean before charging both to give the batty a clean reception for charging and also to make sure I don't let gunk from a battery get into the charge unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this has been mentioned already but there is a ton of information here also including this thread that shows video for repairing V4L batteries and cartos as well. I'm still loving this and haven't smoked regular cigs since around April 1. I have also had 4-5 close friends order as well. Glad this has helped so many people! I have saved a ton of money as well even though I can't keep myself from experimenting with new flavors all the time! I'm mostly into blueberry, caramel apple, chocolate raspberry, and grape right now. I do still love the waffle too and ordered some of those mega carts from Ikenvape that I fill with juices from alien vision (gorilla juice mainly) and backwoods brew (root beer, apple and a couple others) I haven't really lowered any nic levels (in fact my last order I upped my levels to 24 mg) but I am now mixing it with glycerin when I refill.

I don't religiously clean them but will try to every few weeks. I popped the center up a bit but that hasn't worked. On most of them when I inhale the light does light up but a few do not. When I try and charge them the LED doesn't flash at all. My newest one I bought less than a month ago (diamond tip) tastes awful when I try to inhale (chemical or burning taste with new cart) and when I try and charge the LED does not blink.

ETA: I make sure and clean them from the holes to the inner ring of the cart so they are not dirty.

How well do you maintain them? To date I've not had a single recharge failure after buying 6 batteries, but I have ditched 1 auto and 1 manual for other mechanical failings. I've only had 1 manual become useless so far since Feb and believe it has had more to do with lint or whatnot from my pockets getting into the button space and making button activation tough. I've not had probs with them not recarging, but I keep my batties shiny new clean. I clean with an alcohol wipe maybe daily, thumb nail pressure to get the threads squeaky shiny clean. I've been using condom refill method and its unavoidable that the juice gunks up the connection for the battery. If you get them shiny new clean (including inside the circle perimeter and the 3 small holes) and they still do not take a charge, you might check the inside of your charger, and see if there is any grime in there because I think it could be the common denominator with 5 batteries refusing to charge. Also, I usually clean before charging both to give the batty a clean reception for charging and also to make sure I don't let gunk from a battery get into the charge unit.
I don't clean them that much but they are crystal clear now as well as inside of the charger.

I've bought about 18-20 since February for my wife and I. Call V4L and tell them about it. They will send replacements. Of course the last set of replacements I got had only 2 of the 4 work when they arrived. Some of these can be adjusted(the post) but they are very difficult to keep working. Try cleaning the ones you currently have if you haven't done so already. Lately the most common problem(for autos) is that they ignite on our first pull then keep burning until dead. Had this happen with 4 different batteries.
OK so perhaps buying 5 for myself since Feb isn't a lot then and they simply don't last more than a month or so. I've adjusted the post, cleaned them out completely.Getting new ones going forward I will clean them more frequently, perhaps that's the reason.

I just picked up a voltage indicator from madvapes. It's pretty neat. You can measure voltage and you can attach an atomizer and measure voltage under load. Had to extend the battery connecter so it would fit on my REO. I figured if I was going to get a buzz pro I would want something that told me my voltage.

Also got a 5v box mod kit. I've never done much soldering before. Really just fixed some joints in my guitar head when I was in a band. This was much smaller trying to work on a PCB. I hope it will work. Unfortunately I got my batteries from China because they're just so damn cheap so I probably won't see those for another two weeks. I figured WTH it would be a nice back up and HV device for just 13 bucks.

I don't religiously clean them but will try to every few weeks. I popped the center up a bit but that hasn't worked. On most of them when I inhale the light does light up but a few do not. When I try and charge them the LED doesn't flash at all. My newest one I bought less than a month ago (diamond tip) tastes awful when I try to inhale (chemical or burning taste with new cart) and when I try and charge the LED does not blink.ETA: I make sure and clean them from the holes to the inner ring of the cart so they are not dirty.
I don't think Diamond series comes in manual, so sounds like you buy automatics? If so, the autos I started out with were far less dependable than the manuals I now use exclusively. Neat technology with the autos, but not as true as hitting a button to make it fire. IMHO you sacrifice a lot in terms of immediate power and dependability with autos and that holds true for both the batteries and USB pass thrus in my experience. I'll never buy an automatic again after struggling with primer puffs and general maintenance BS with the autos. They just got weaker, and weaker.

I don't religiously clean them but will try to every few weeks. I popped the center up a bit but that hasn't worked. On most of them when I inhale the light does light up but a few do not. When I try and charge them the LED doesn't flash at all. My newest one I bought less than a month ago (diamond tip) tastes awful when I try to inhale (chemical or burning taste with new cart) and when I try and charge the LED does not blink.ETA: I make sure and clean them from the holes to the inner ring of the cart so they are not dirty.
I don't think Diamond series comes in manual, so sounds like you buy automatics? If so, the autos I started out with were far less dependable than the manuals I now use exclusively. Neat technology with the autos, but not as true as hitting a button to make it fire. IMHO you sacrifice a lot in terms of immediate power and dependability with autos and that holds true for both the batteries and USB pass thrus in my experience. I'll never buy an automatic again after struggling with primer puffs and general maintenance BS with the autos. They just got weaker, and weaker.
That explains a lot. I started with manuals just by chance, and am still using the original two I bought April 6 along with three others picked up a month after. Should do more cleaning than I do but don't take the time to play with them much--just reload and fire.

That explains a lot. I started with manuals just by chance, and am still using the original two I bought April 6 along with three others picked up a month after. Should do more cleaning than I do but don't take the time to play with them much--just reload and fire.
Now that you mention that, I also bought 2 manual batteries in March, and they are both still working fine. I don't like them as much(too much air comes in with each pull making them taste weaker to me). May try a couple more since each individual battery seems to work a bit differently than all others whether manual or auto. Are Bloog batteries any better? Haven't tried them as I assumed they were very similar to V4L.

Now that you mention that, I also bought 2 manual batteries in March, and they are both still working fine. I don't like them as much(too much air comes in with each pull making them taste weaker to me). May try a couple more since each individual battery seems to work a bit differently than all others whether manual or auto. Are Bloog batteries any better? Haven't tried them as I assumed they were very similar to V4L.
Subject to debate, and it's a small sample size, but I have had 2 V4L manuals crap out on me within a month (out of 2.) I have 4 Bloog autos all of which are still working perfectly (5 months old.) My brother bought a V4L manual and his crapped out after 3 weeks. he has 5 Bloogs, 1 died after 2 monthes, the others all still work (3 1/2 months old.) Results surely vary, but I find the Bloogs to be a better quality product. They do cost more though, and V4L has better sales and customer service.

Subject to debate, and it's a small sample size, but I have had 2 V4L manuals crap out on me within a month (out of 2.) I have 4 Bloog autos all of which are still working perfectly (5 months old.) My brother bought a V4L manual and his crapped out after 3 weeks. he has 5 Bloogs, 1 died after 2 monthes, the others all still work (3 1/2 months old.) Results surely vary, but I find the Bloogs to be a better quality product. They do cost more though, and V4L has better sales and customer service.
I've bought 3 Bloogs so far: one crapped out after two months, its replacement is still going strong two months in and the other original is still very solid after 4 months of steady use. Anecdotally, it seems that the MaxxFusions draw cleaner than the regular Fusions.

Users who are viewing this thread