What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go deeps Updated Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Amhad Bradshaw - Another guy who goes up for doing nothing but his team not drafting another RB.
Darel Scott.....7th rd? Pretty sure giants drafted him
Youre right, I meant a RB that would make the team.
Even if he's already getting FWP hype... Scott's not taking over for anyone anytime soon, but too soon to say he won't even make the team.
The Giants themselves are stating that he's likely bound for the practice squad - although it's far too early to rule out anything at this point.

Great stuff here Go-Deep. For those with questions about absolute scores or rankings I would suggest you use this as a possible starting point but you have to consider your format. I am in a 16 team league where QB running scores count double at 12pts. Obviously QBs get a bump in general and Vick in particular.

Great stuff here Go-Deep. For those with questions about absolute scores or rankings I would suggest you use this as a possible starting point but you have to consider your format. I am in a 16 team league where QB running scores count double at 12pts. Obviously QBs get a bump in general and Vick in particular.
Thanks Buckeye, and your right, unless you are in Zealots, or a league similar, you have to adjust for your league specifics. In a league that scores more for QB runnng TD's, a guy like Vick would be higher. Also, since my rankings dont value year one any more than year 3 or 4, you might also bump Vick if you are more of a this year kind of guy.

'matttyl said:
You may have answered this before, but I'll ask again....what size league are your rankings based on? Meaning, how many teams (I saw the starting requirements for each team)? Would these rankings change at all for a league with more or less teams than you are basing them on? For smaller leagues, I would think the RB and WRs would be worth more. In bigger leagues, I would think that QBs and TEs would hold more value, as the drop off in those positions seem to be greater after 15 or so.Next, and this may get a bit more complicated, but would your rankings change depending on what's already on your team?Example - I'm in a 10 team league (we only start 1 QB each) and I'm lucky enough to have Aaron Rodgers as my #1 QB. As such, would Romo still be worth "48" if he's never going to be starting for me? I would think that if you have that kind of player, and that position already on "lockdown", then all the other players at that position would be worth much less, right?Example 2 - I'm also lucky enough to have Finley in the same league (yeah, Packers fan). We again only start 1 at this position. Since I've already got him, shouldn't the "value" of other TEs be less to me?
#$%$%#@!!!!!! :wall: I just spent 15 minutes writing up a long response to this and when i hit "add relpy" i found out i lost my internet connection and lost everything i just typed. Im not retyping it, but basically these rankings are based on 12 team leagues that start 1 QB, 6RB/WR, 1 TE, 1K, 7-10 IDP's. League size doesnt matter as much as starting requirements. In a 10 team league that starts 1 QB and only 4 RB/WR's the top QB's would be worth alot more because there are more RB and WR's to go around. If you are in a 14 team league thats starts 1 QB and 7 RB/WR's then QB's would be worth alot less because is such a huge need for RB's and WR's. Players value should absolutely not change base on how much depth you have at the position. Someone out there values that player at that score, and as long as that is true, that player has that value.
Sorry about the loss of the net!! Didn't mean to cause such a headache!Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned, I'm in a 10 team league where we only start 1 QB. We also start 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, and 2 RB/WR/TE flex (and IDP). So really 1 QB to 6 other offensive guys. With so relatively few teams, and QBs going each week, I find that QBs just don't hold a lot of value. In that league, like I said, I've got Rodgers as my #1 for the next 5-10 years (hopefully), and I've got Freeman as my #2 and Fitzpatrick as my #3. On your board, Freeman and Fitz are pretty close to each other, worth 35 and 33. Those have about the same "value" as Blount, Addai, Hardesty, Collie, Lloyd, Boldin and Dallas Clark. I'd get laughed out of the league if I offered Fitzpatrick for any of those guys!Here's why, current starting QBs on the other 9 teams -Big Ben / CasselBrady / RomoVick / EliM Ryan / StaffordFlacco / BradfordRiversBreesPeytonSchaubNow if an injury happens, maybe I'll have something, but we still haven't had our rookie draft yet and we may have 4 or so starting rookie QBs this year, and there are 4 or so NFL teams who's likely starting QB isn't on any of our rosters.I bring all this up as a frustrated Fitzpatrick owner who just can't trade him away for the life of me!!Thanks for all your homework and dedication!

'matttyl said:
You may have answered this before, but I'll ask again....what size league are your rankings based on? Meaning, how many teams (I saw the starting requirements for each team)? Would these rankings change at all for a league with more or less teams than you are basing them on? For smaller leagues, I would think the RB and WRs would be worth more. In bigger leagues, I would think that QBs and TEs would hold more value, as the drop off in those positions seem to be greater after 15 or so.Next, and this may get a bit more complicated, but would your rankings change depending on what's already on your team?Example - I'm in a 10 team league (we only start 1 QB each) and I'm lucky enough to have Aaron Rodgers as my #1 QB. As such, would Romo still be worth "48" if he's never going to be starting for me? I would think that if you have that kind of player, and that position already on "lockdown", then all the other players at that position would be worth much less, right?Example 2 - I'm also lucky enough to have Finley in the same league (yeah, Packers fan). We again only start 1 at this position. Since I've already got him, shouldn't the "value" of other TEs be less to me?
#$%$%#@!!!!!! :wall: I just spent 15 minutes writing up a long response to this and when i hit "add relpy" i found out i lost my internet connection and lost everything i just typed. Im not retyping it, but basically these rankings are based on 12 team leagues that start 1 QB, 6RB/WR, 1 TE, 1K, 7-10 IDP's. League size doesnt matter as much as starting requirements. In a 10 team league that starts 1 QB and only 4 RB/WR's the top QB's would be worth alot more because there are more RB and WR's to go around. If you are in a 14 team league thats starts 1 QB and 7 RB/WR's then QB's would be worth alot less because is such a huge need for RB's and WR's. Players value should absolutely not change base on how much depth you have at the position. Someone out there values that player at that score, and as long as that is true, that player has that value.
Sorry about the loss of the net!! Didn't mean to cause such a headache!Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned, I'm in a 10 team league where we only start 1 QB. We also start 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, and 2 RB/WR/TE flex (and IDP). So really 1 QB to 6 other offensive guys. With so relatively few teams, and QBs going each week, I find that QBs just don't hold a lot of value. In that league, like I said, I've got Rodgers as my #1 for the next 5-10 years (hopefully), and I've got Freeman as my #2 and Fitzpatrick as my #3. On your board, Freeman and Fitz are pretty close to each other, worth 35 and 33. Those have about the same "value" as Blount, Addai, Hardesty, Collie, Lloyd, Boldin and Dallas Clark. I'd get laughed out of the league if I offered Fitzpatrick for any of those guys!Here's why, current starting QBs on the other 9 teams -Big Ben / CasselBrady / RomoVick / EliM Ryan / StaffordFlacco / BradfordRiversBreesPeytonSchaubNow if an injury happens, maybe I'll have something, but we still haven't had our rookie draft yet and we may have 4 or so starting rookie QBs this year, and there are 4 or so NFL teams who's likely starting QB isn't on any of our rosters.I bring all this up as a frustrated Fitzpatrick owner who just can't trade him away for the life of me!!Thanks for all your homework and dedication!
I should start by saying i am probably higher on Fitzpatrick than most. With that established, mid range QB's will have less value in 10 team leagues, but the top QB's have a little more. Thats because there is less demand for RB's and WR's in a 10 team league, but the top QB's still outscore the 10,11, and 12 QB's by the same margin. Same thing would apply to TE's.

Are the point values meant to assist in trade values? Because if so, your top players are underrated and low players overrated. There's no way Denarius Moore and Alex Green (total 50) would be worth more than Julio Jones (48).
Yes they are, but there is a formula for trades that involve an uneven amount of players. It is explained in the OP.

Your example above would add up like this:

Denarius Moore 23 + Alex Green 27 = 50

Julio Jones 48 + 14 = 62
GD Love to hear your rationale for a lot of your rankings. I have always agreed with the premise of your formula in that you should add 14 points to a 2-1 trade but I was wondering how you came up with this amount. It seems like it works reasonably well but I feel like most of the time the team getting the 2 players ends up on the short end of the deal and probably wouldn't accept the offer in most of my leagues. Any insight to it's origin would be greatly appreciated! BTW my rankings end up at zero for all free agents which is about 15-20 players lower than your ranks go so obviously you do not get to zero. Do you intentionally keep the values above zero to account for this roster space in 2-1 trades?

Are the point values meant to assist in trade values? Because if so, your top players are underrated and low players overrated. There's no way Denarius Moore and Alex Green (total 50) would be worth more than Julio Jones (48).
Yes they are, but there is a formula for trades that involve an uneven amount of players. It is explained in the OP.

Julio Jones 48 + 14 = 62
GD Love to hear your rationale for a lot of your rankings. I have always agreed with the premise of your formula in that you should add 14 points to a 2-1 trade but I was wondering how you came up with this amount. It seems like it works reasonably well but I feel like most of the time the team getting the 2 players ends up on the short end of the deal and probably wouldn't accept the offer in most of my leagues. Any insight to it's origin would be greatly appreciated! BTW my rankings end up at zero for all free agents which is about 15-20 players lower than your ranks go so obviously you do not get to zero. Do you intentionally keep the values above zero to account for this roster space in 2-1 trades?
What kind of league do you play in? Deep rosters, 12 man league, starting requirements? This could have something to do with why the team getting the extra player always seems to get the short end of the stick.

I dont start at zero because zero is absolutely no value, and never will have any. So basically you and I are zeros, and i go from there. Youre also unlikely to ever see 100.

There is no deep mathematical formula to how i arrived at the 14, just alot of trial and error. 14 is basically a 6th round pick or a insignificant backup QB like whoever backs up Peyton or Brees. Players between 1-13 would range anywhere from a guy who is a FA who probaby wont ever get signed to a practce squad player with potential.

The 14 also increases to 18 with a 2nd additional player and to 23 with a 3rd. This is to prevent one side from loading up enough 5th and 6th round picks(or players of equal value) to actually get something good. How many 6th round picks would it take for you to trade Calvin Johnson?

i would like to see some examples of two for one trades that seem lopsided as well. Maybe it will help figure out the problem.

Edit for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
'Go deep said:
'dawrecker said:

Julio Jones 48 + 14 = 62
What kind of league do you play in? Deep rosters, 12 man league, starting requirements? This could have something to do with why the team getting the extra player always seems to get the short end of the stick.

I dont start at zero because zero is absolutely no value, and never will have any. So basically you and I are zeros, and i go from there. Youre also unlikely to ever see 100.

There is no deep mathematical formula to how i arrived at the 14, just alot of trial and error. 14 is basically a 6th round pick or a insignificant backup QB like whoever backs up Peyton or Brees. Players between 1-13 would range anywhere from a guy who is a FA who probaby wont ever get signed to a practce squad player with potential.

The 14 also increases to 18 with a 2nd additional player and to 23 with a 3rd. This is to prevent one side from loading up enough 5th and 6th round picks(or players of equal value) to actually get something good. How many 6th round picks would it take for you to trade Calvin Johnson?

i would like to see some examples of two for one trades that seem lopsided as well. Maybe it will help figure out the problem.

Edit for spelling
All of my leagues are what would probably be a fairly standard league size – about 300 players owned (nonp IDP). I’m sure every one of your ranked players and then some are owned.I wouldn’t say that all 2-1 trades don’t work but just very rarely. Part of it might be that people have had it ingrained in their minds that they aren’t “supposed” to do the 2 side of a 2-1 trade so they are leaving value on the table and more people should start taking the 2 player side.

I will use a fairly simple example of a trade that I am sure wouldn’t work in my leagues. In your rankings Golden Tate and Emmanuel Sanders are both worth 27 points (approx 50th ranked – the players don’t matter). Add them together and deduct the 14 points and you would expect to be able to get a player worth 40 points which is Crabtree, Holmes, Colston, or Wayne (about 23rd ranked). Personally I would take one of those 4 players for both of the 27 valued players most of the time. I would be willing to try a handful of similar trades as tests in league and I am guessing they would get turned down. BTW my point values point to 2 number 50 WR’s equaling about WR30 and that gets turned down fairly often.

The other common 2-1 is the upgrade to an elite player. This one seems even harder. Again just randomly picking players but lets say I want to upgrade Ryan to Brees. Their difference is 13 points so I should need to send 27 points worth of players to get the deal done. This is the equivalent of the #13 pick in the draft. I have recently made a very similar offer for a top QB and was told I need to offer closer to the 1.2 to get that deal done which I would agree is quite high. My valuation system says it should be about pick 1.5-1.6 but that might be how we value picks.

To make it clear I am not saying that I have any issues with your values or the 14 point add I just want to have a better success rate in getting trades accepted. Obviously I know that people typically value their own players higher so you will probably have to “overpay” anyway but I want to get a higher success rate on trade offers to save time and at the same time not over paying too much :D . Thanks for your thoughts.

'Go deep said:
'dawrecker said:

Julio Jones 48 + 14 = 62

Edit for spelling
All of my leagues are what would probably be a fairly standard league size about 300 players owned (nonp IDP). I'm sure every one of your ranked players and then some are owned.I wouldn't say that all 2-1 trades don't work but just very rarely. Part of it might be that people have had it ingrained in their minds that they aren't "supposed" to do the 2 side of a 2-1 trade so they are leaving value on the table and more people should start taking the 2 player side.

I will use a fairly simple example of a trade that I am sure wouldn't work in my leagues. In your rankings Golden Tate and Emmanuel Sanders are both worth 27 points (approx 50th ranked the players don't matter). Add them together and deduct the 14 points and you would expect to be able to get a player worth 40 points which is Crabtree, Holmes, Colston, or Wayne (about 23rd ranked). Personally I would take one of those 4 players for both of the 27 valued players most of the time. I would be willing to try a handful of similar trades as tests in league and I am guessing they would get turned down. BTW my point values point to 2 number 50 WR's equaling about WR30 and that gets turned down fairly often.

The other common 2-1 is the upgrade to an elite player. This one seems even harder. Again just randomly picking players but lets say I want to upgrade Ryan to Brees. Their difference is 13 points so I should need to send 27 points worth of players to get the deal done. This is the equivalent of the #13 pick in the draft. I have recently made a very similar offer for a top QB and was told I need to offer closer to the 1.2 to get that deal done which I would agree is quite high. My valuation system says it should be about pick 1.5-1.6 but that might be how we value picks.

To make it clear I am not saying that I have any issues with your values or the 14 point add I just want to have a better success rate in getting trades accepted. Obviously I know that people typically value their own players higher so you will probably have to "overpay" anyway but I want to get a higher success rate on trade offers to save time and at the same time not over paying too much :D . Thanks for your thoughts.
You are right about the WR's, i have been a bit lazy with the lower tier WR's, the guys under 30, but there needs to be some adjustments made there. For the QB's, i think that is pretty accurate. I am a Brees owner, and if i didnt own Ryan in the same league, i would consider taking Ryan and a late first for him. Of course depending on my team at the time.

Thanks for the feedback, Im going to have a closer look at the stuff you pointed out and see if i cant make some adjustements to make it more accurate.

I noticed that you had Leshoure rated below Vereen. What are you seeing here? Difference in talent? I understand that Leshoure has Best there with him, but Vereen has 3 players competing against him for time. Do you just think Vereen is more of a sure talent to win out over the others in NE for playing time?

I noticed that you had Leshoure rated below Vereen. What are you seeing here? Difference in talent? I understand that Leshoure has Best there with him, but Vereen has 3 players competing against him for time. Do you just think Vereen is more of a sure talent to win out over the others in NE for playing time?
Actually Nate, talent is exactly why i like Vereen better. I think he is a better all around player. It doesnt hurt that the Patriots seemed to agree when they drafted him ahead of Leshoure. Sure, NE has more backs, but are any of them really that good? They certainy are not as good as Best, so who really has the bigger hurdles? On top of that, here are the two treams RB numbers from last season(rushing and receiving)Lions - 1858 yards 11 TD'sPatriots - 2420 yards 19 TD'sSo not only is Vereen the better player and with less talent to compete with, his team gets more points from their RB's.Whats not to like? :excited:

Actually Nate, talent is exactly why i like Vereen better. I think he is a better all around player. It doesnt hurt that the Patriots seemed to agree when they drafted him ahead of Leshoure. Sure, NE has more backs, but are any of them really that good? They certainy are not as good as Best, so who really has the bigger hurdles? On top of that, here are the two treams RB numbers from last season(rushing and receiving)Lions - 1858 yards 11 TD'sPatriots - 2420 yards 19 TD'sSo not only is Vereen the better player and with less talent to compete with, his team gets more points from their RB's.Whats not to like? :excited:
surprised so many are shocked by vereen over leshoure.vereen in better situation with easier road to lots of work.also ne drafted vereen over leshoure.

I really wish you'd stop making points like this about Vereen already. I still have 2 rookie drafts 2 months away. Seeing him go late 1st and even early second has me salivating. ;)

surprised so many are shocked by vereen over leshoure.vereen in better situation with easier road to lots of work.also ne drafted vereen over leshoure.
I will say im a little concerned that Belichick will try to show his genius by rotating too much, but he also isnt a stupid guy and is going to want his best player on the field. The good thing about Vereen is he isnt one dimensional like the rest of their backs, so you are not telling the defense what you are doing when he is in the backfield. My biggest concern is who the Pats use at the goalline, Ridley is a good short yardage runner. Edit, left the "o" out of dimensional

I will say im a little concerned that Belichick will try to show his genius by rotating too much, but he also isnt a stupid guy and is going to want his best player on the field. The good thing about Vereen is he isnt one dimensional like the rest of their backs, so you are not telling the defense what you are doing when he is in the backfield. My biggest concern is who the Pats use at the goalline, Ridley is a good short yardage runner. Edit, left the "o" out of dimensional
My original question was posed as I have seen some "experts" claim that Vereen was more of a 3rd down, Kevin Faulk-type back. They seemed to think that would be his role.

Actually Nate, talent is exactly why i like Vereen better. I think he is a better all around player. It doesnt hurt that the Patriots seemed to agree when they drafted him ahead of Leshoure. Sure, NE has more backs, but are any of them really that good? They certainy are not as good as Best, so who really has the bigger hurdles? On top of that, here are the two treams RB numbers from last season(rushing and receiving)

Lions - 1858 yards 11 TD's

Patriots - 2420 yards 19 TD's

So not only is Vereen the better player and with less talent to compete with, his team gets more points from their RB's.

Whats not to like? :excited:
surprised so many are shocked by vereen over leshoure.vereen in better situation with easier road to lots of work.

also ne drafted vereen over leshoure.
My original question was posed as I have seen some "experts" claim that Vereen was more of a 3rd down, Kevin Faulk-type back. They seemed to think that would be his role.
Im not sure what the experts saw, but Vereen has good size/ strength, and runs well between the tackles. He is a good pass catcher, and maybe even more importently, a very good pass blocker, but he is more than a 3rd down back.I dont want anyone to think i am calling him the next Ray Rice.....however, i see some similarities.

I don't think Vereen will get goal line carries, but he can be a 1,600 goal yards/8 td's a year type rb.

I don't think Vereen will get goal line carries, but he can be a 1,600 goal yards/8 td's a year type rb.
I agree, he probably wont be the goalline back, but i can see him getting some time inside the 10. More so because the Patriots will throw from anywhere, and like i said, he is a very good pass blocker. Edit, spelling. I really have to start proofreading before i hit reply. :D

What's your thoughts on Matt Flynn's rankings as a QB. Do you think there's any value in owning him aside as a cutoff to Aaron Rodgers?

'r0llin_game said:
What's your thoughts on Matt Flynn's rankings as a QB. Do you think there's any value in owning him aside as a cutoff to Aaron Rodgers?
Yes, other than leagues with small rosters. I have been meaning to add some more QB to the list, and Flynn will surely be one of them.

Shouldn't Shonn Greene be a little higher? I read that he's going to be the Jets' ''Bell Cow'' starting next season, being the ''unquestioned starter''. He will be 26 when the season starts but he still has very fresh legs.

Also, how do you compare his dynasty value to C.J. Spiller's? I know Spiller is 2 years younger, but he didn't show a lotta things this past season... Why are you THAT high on Spiller?

Thanks!

Shouldn't Shonn Greene be a little higher? I read that he's going to be the Jets' ''Bell Cow'' starting next season, being the ''unquestioned starter''. He will be 26 when the season starts but he still has very fresh legs.Also, how do you compare his dynasty value to C.J. Spiller's? I know Spiller is 2 years younger, but he didn't show a lotta things this past season... Why are you THAT high on Spiller?Thanks!
The quick answer would be talent, i just think Spiller is the better RB with a higher upside.I guess im not as confident in Greene being the unquestioned starter. He has looked OK in spurts over the last couple years, but im just not sure he can be a successful every down back in the NFL. I could say the same about Spiller, but ive seen enough flashes from him to think he has a higher upside than Greene, even if his floor is a little lower. People underestimate Fred Jackson. They did it when Lynch couldnt beat him out,, and they are now saying it about Spiller. Jackson is a VERY good RB. I know alot of people dont have much of a reason to watch Bills games, but i am stuck doing it every week because i was born here. Anyway, saying _________ is no good because they couldnt beat out Jackson is a terrible argument. Alot of starting RB's in the league wouldnt come in and beat out Jackson.Point being i am giving Spiller a mulligan last season, and to me he is still a guy with top 10 pick talent on a up and coming offense and an aging RB in front of him. Greene is an OK one dimensional RB with a very limited upside.

Thanks for the answer GD! I traded for Spiller just few minutes ago instead of Greene in my keeper league. Hope it pays out long term! Gotta be patient though!

Another thing I wondered....

Where do you plan on putting Kevin Kolb in your rankings if he lands in ARI as expected?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the answer GD! I traded for Spiller just few minutes ago instead of Greene in my keeper league. Hope it pays out long term! Gotta be patient though!Another thing I wondered.... Where do you plan on putting Kevin Kolb in your rankings if he lands in ARI as expected?Thanks again!
He would move up a few points into the 33-35 range, but i wasnt terribly impressed with Kolb in his limited playing time last season. It will help having Fitz, but i wouldnt want to be in a position where i would have to start Kolb any time soon. I cant imagine he is going to look better in Arizona than he did in Philadelphia. He will be better than the crap they had in Arizona last year, but not as much as people think.

I was looking at your rankings and noticed Benson seems awfully low. I assume it's due to his current lack of a team. When (if) Cincy re-signs him, where do you see him being ranked? The players in the same area just above him are mostly rookies. Would you trade Benson for any of those guys? All of them were generally a late 1st or a 2nd round pick. I'd trade any of those guys (through Helu) for Benson and I'd think most people holding Benson, even without a team, wouldn't trade him for any of those guys.

I was looking at your rankings and noticed Benson seems awfully low. I assume it's due to his current lack of a team. When (if) Cincy re-signs him, where do you see him being ranked? The players in the same area just above him are mostly rookies. Would you trade Benson for any of those guys? All of them were generally a late 1st or a 2nd round pick. I'd trade any of those guys (through Helu) for Benson and I'd think most people holding Benson, even without a team, wouldn't trade him for any of those guys.
That ranking is based on the assumption Benson will be back with the Bengals. If i were a Benson owner, i would be thrilled to get a late first, or even an early/mid 2nd round pick this season. Especially since i could snag players like Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb and Titus Young with those picks.I should note that I am a believer in recycling players, and i know that alot of peolpe dont mind holding onto players as their value hits zero. Even with that, what does Benson have left, maybe one season of decent production? I dont think you will find him in many championship starting lineups this season.

Should update your excel sheet to show Charles is signed until 2015.
Thanks for the heads up. Ive been pretty busy lately and have some other updating to do as well. Other than some of the contracts, the DB's still need a full update, the TE's are almost done post NFL draft. Also the DL's and LB's need a post draft update. Should have everything done by next week.The PPR scores are still a work in progress.

That ranking is based on the assumption Benson will be back with the Bengals. If i were a Benson owner, i would be thrilled to get a late first, or even an early/mid 2nd round pick this season. Especially since i could snag players like Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb and Titus Young with those picks.I should note that I am a believer in recycling players, and i know that alot of peolpe dont mind holding onto players as their value hits zero. Even with that, what does Benson have left, maybe one season of decent production? I dont think you will find him in many championship starting lineups this season.
Wow. I'm surprised. If you already are ranking him as if he will be in Cincy, I don't see how you can put him with the 2nd round picks. He's a 27 year old RB who is virtually guaranteed 350 touches for the next 2 years in Cincy. There just aren't that many RBs like that. The touches alone makes him a high #2. Those 2nd round picks are at best a 25% shot of even being fantasy relevant. Am I in the minority? Maybe I should be contacting some Benson owners.

Wow. I'm surprised. If you already are ranking him as if he will be in Cincy, I don't see how you can put him with the 2nd round picks. He's a 27 year old RB who is virtually guaranteed 350 touches for the next 2 years in Cincy. There just aren't that many RBs like that. The touches alone makes him a high #2. Those 2nd round picks are at best a 25% shot of even being fantasy relevant. Am I in the minority? Maybe I should be contacting some Benson owners.
Benson will be 29 when the season starts. Plus, i dont think he is guaranteed anything, especially 350 touches. He was never great to begin with, but he clearly lost a step last season.

Benson will be 29 when the season starts. Plus, i dont think he is guaranteed anything, especially 350 touches. He was never great to begin with, but he clearly lost a step last season.
Yeah, i see I'm wrong on the age. But, he'll be 29 when the season ends. If he signs with Cincy and doesn't get injured, he'll get roughly 350 touches. That's just the way Lewis is. He didn't lose a step last season. Cincy lost a step. Their defense went from 6th (points) to 24th. They were forced to play from behind. They simply played a tougher schedule last year than in 2009. This year, it will swing back to a much easier one (trading NYJ, Mia, and NE for Ten, hou, and Jax, NFC South for West, SD for Den). in addition, if you have him ranked as if he'll be in Cincy, i don't see how you can have Scott ranked anywhere near him.

Yeah, i see I'm wrong on the age. But, he'll be 29 when the season ends. If he signs with Cincy and doesn't get injured, he'll get roughly 350 touches. That's just the way Lewis is. He didn't lose a step last season. Cincy lost a step. Their defense went from 6th (points) to 24th. They were forced to play from behind. They simply played a tougher schedule last year than in 2009. This year, it will swing back to a much easier one (trading NYJ, Mia, and NE for Ten, hou, and Jax, NFC South for West, SD for Den). in addition, if you have him ranked as if he'll be in Cincy, i don't see how you can have Scott ranked anywhere near him.
Benson has never had 350 touches and i doubt he starts this season. You are right about the Bengals taking a step backwards, but Benson himself didnt look as good either. 3.5 YPC, even on a bad team is not a good sign. Sure, the Bengals might have an easier schedule this season, but do you think the team is going to be better than last year? The Bengals are a team in transition, and appear to be in the begining of a full rebuild. They are replacing Palmer, Ocho and Owens with players who have a combined 2 NFL starts. Things are going to get worse in Cincy before they get better, and Benson is nowhere near capable of doing anything on his own, as his 3.5 YPC last year would seem to indicate.I could see a team that might be a RB3 away from a playoff run in 2011 valuiing Benson more than I do, but i just dont see Benson being a key piece to many championships this season, Things arent getting any better in the future for a 30 YO RB with a 3.7 career YPC. I personally would rather take a chance on a young RB like Demarco Murray or Bilal Powell.I have been making some minor adjustments lately to put a little more value on players who have more immediate value, and just letting their "11" score reflect their future value a bit more. So Benson probably deserves a small boost, but nothing significant or anything that will move him up very far in the rankings.

Benson has never had 350 touches and i doubt he starts this season.
Benson had 349 last year and 318 in 13 games in 2009. I think you can call both of those 'roughly 350' in a season.
I could see a team that might be a RB3 away from a playoff run in 2011 valuiing Benson more than I do,
Benson finished 16th both last year and 2009 (a solid RB2), although on a ppg basis, he'd be a little higher in 2009 (late RB1). He's far from flashy but very effective.BTW, I appreciate you doing the rankings. It's nice to be able to debate these things, especially this offseason. I think you're overlooking the fact that Lewis is consistently a one back, big back, guy. If bensons signs with Cincy, he will once again be at the top of league for RB touches.

Benson has never had 350 touches and i doubt he starts this season.
Benson had 349 last year and 318 in 13 games in 2009. I think you can call both of those 'roughly 350' in a season.
I could see a team that might be a RB3 away from a playoff run in 2011 valuiing Benson more than I do,
Benson finished 16th both last year and 2009 (a solid RB2), although on a ppg basis, he'd be a little higher in 2009 (late RB1). He's far from flashy but very effective.BTW, I appreciate you doing the rankings. It's nice to be able to debate these things, especially this offseason. I think you're overlooking the fact that Lewis is consistently a one back, big back, guy. If bensons signs with Cincy, he will once again be at the top of league for RB touches.
I certainly understand your side here, i just dont really agree with it. Lewis might prefer to use one back, but i dont think he will have much choice but to give another back more touches this season. Benson just looked terribly slow and ineffective last year. I know Scott only had 61 carries, but he averaged 4.9 YPC, and just looked much better than Benson. Nothing worng with disagreeing though, thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

I don't know how you can have Green-Ellis, Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas, and Ryan Torain behind these guys:

Noel Divine

Evan Royster

Deji Karim

Stevan Ridley

Jordan Todman

Dion Lewis

Reggie Bush

I don't know how you can have Green-Ellis, Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas, and Ryan Torain behind these guys:Noel DivineEvan RoysterDeji KarimStevan RidleyJordan TodmanDion LewisReggie Bush
In my next update I am going to make a small adjustment that involves betetans getting a small boost in their current score and their next years score will reflect whose value is in for a drop. Even with that though, out won't make that big of a difference since we are only talking a point or two increase.All the guys you listed are basically worthless, but at the very least I am less sure that the young guys won't be valuable in the future.At best Ryan Grant has one season left of splitting carries. Worst case scenario he never fully recovers from his injury and barely plays at all(or gets cut.).Pierre Thomas could have some value to the Ingram owner, but barring an injury to Ingram he has very little value. Even if Ingram does get hurt, Thomas would still likely split carries with Ivory. BJGE and Torain are journeymen RBs and are find anything more than temporary fillers until the team gets someone better. Both teams took two RBs in the craft, not exactly a good sign for a couple of players who are at best backup RBs.To be completely honest, I would probably trade all four of those vets for just Dion Lewis.

You have Dexter McCluster rated higher than most other rankings that I've seen, but I'm curious what you believe his value to be now that MFL has changed his position from WR to RB. I'm not sure if other sites have followed suit and changed his position, but I'm wondering where you would rank McCluster amongst the RB's.

Thanks, and keep up the great work on your rankings.

You have Dexter McCluster rated higher than most other rankings that I've seen, but I'm curious what you believe his value to be now that MFL has changed his position from WR to RB. I'm not sure if other sites have followed suit and changed his position, but I'm wondering where you would rank McCluster amongst the RB's.Thanks, and keep up the great work on your rankings.
Thanks judge. I havnt updated in a few weeks, but I will be soon. When i do Mccluster will be moved to RB, and probably move down a point or two. The reason I had him as high as I did was because I thought he was going to be a 50+ catch slot WR and also get a few carries a game. 50 receptions at 12 years a pop, and 75 carries at 5 per makes for a solid flex play with WR2 upside. Those numbers are not as valuable as a RB, but I will still have him ranked higher than most because I think the guy is a very good football player who just need some time to learn the offense. If he were only 15-20 lbs heavier he would be a top 10 RB in the NFL.

GD-

I would like to hear more of your insight into this year's rookie rb crop.

In another thread, you have made it abundantly clear that you like Vereen right up there with Ingram. What are your thoughts on the other backs that are going around late 1st/early 2nd of rookie drafts (Hunter, Murray, and Carter)? After Vereen, this is the order you have them in your rankings. If you are drafting in these positions (late 1st/early-mid 2nd), I am assuming this is the order you would be selecting.

I am hoping your thoughts could shed some light on the situation.

Thanks in advance

I'm curious if you think the rookies this year will have less of an impact than usual due to not having a typical offseason. I'm thinking some of the rookies I like might be able to be had cheap after this season cause they were at a disadvantage because of the lockout.

Thanks.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Cuz. ;)

I love your insight on players and your ranking system with a point system for every player at all positions. Any idea when you might have an update? I know it's difficult to do without any football, but anything would be helpful to me with a rookie/free agent draft in my dynasty league in early August.

Thanks for all the hard work!

I love your insight on players and your ranking system with a point system for every player at all positions. Any idea when you might have an update? I know it's difficult to do without any football, but anything would be helpful to me with a rookie/free agent draft in my dynasty league in early August.Thanks for all the hard work!
bumpdig your rankings and nice to see a different point of view.

I love your insight on players and your ranking system with a point system for every player at all positions. Any idea when you might have an update? I know it's difficult to do without any football, but anything would be helpful to me with a rookie/free agent draft in my dynasty league in early August.Thanks for all the hard work!
bumpdig your rankings and nice to see a different point of view.
Go Deep,When's your next update coming? I have to think there should be a little movement now that FA has settled. JStew should drop significantly, while backs like Daniel Thomas should increase somewhat. What do you think? Great work and looking forward to your update.

I don't know how you can have Green-Ellis, Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas, and Ryan Torain behind these guys:

Noel Divine

Evan Royster

Deji Karim

Stevan Ridley

Jordan Todman

Dion Lewis

Reggie Bush
In my next update I am going to make a small adjustment that involves betetans getting a small boost in their current score and their next years score will reflect whose value is in for a drop. Even with that though, out won't make that big of a difference since we are only talking a point or two increase.All the guys you listed are basically worthless, but at the very least I am less sure that the young guys won't be valuable in the future.

At best Ryan Grant had ove season left of splitting carries. Worst case scenario he never fully recovers from his injury and barely plays at all(or gets cut).

Pierre Thomas could hasn't some value to the Ingram owner, but barring an injury to Ingram he has very little value. Even if Ingram does get hurt, Thomas would still likely split carries with Ivory.

BJGE and Torain are journeymen RBs and are find anything more than temporary fillers until the team gets someone better. Both teams took two RBs in the craft, not exactly a good sign for a couple of players who are at best backup RBs.

To be completely honest, I would probably trade all four of those vets for just Dion Lewis.
:rolleyes:

really Grant, Thomas, BJGE and torrain for a 5th round draftee who has a young star infront of him on the depth chart...

Hey guys, Need a little help here and I dont think it's worth starting a thread. Drafted in a deeeep dynasty startup this summer and have Albert Young rb min on my roster. Just an extremely late flier as I'm not a Gerhart believer. In fact I think he gets leapfrogged if ADP misses any time. But Rotoworld doesnt even have him listed on the updated depth charts released today. It's ADP, Gerhart, Booker, Davis and Robinson.

So 2 questions. Is Young still on the roster? If not who's the best bet to leapfrog Gerhart?

Minn homers are welcome to chime in and TIA.

Hey guys, Need a little help here and I dont think it's worth starting a thread. Drafted in a deeeep dynasty startup this summer and have Albert Young rb min on my roster. Just an extremely late flier as I'm not a Gerhart believer. In fact I think he gets leapfrogged if ADP misses any time. But Rotoworld doesnt even have him listed on the updated depth charts released today. It's ADP, Gerhart, Booker, Davis and Robinson.So 2 questions. Is Young still on the roster? If not who's the best bet to leapfrog Gerhart?Minn homers are welcome to chime in and TIA.
The Vikings did not tender him a contract in March. They essentially let him go. He is still a FA I believe.

Hey guys, Need a little help here and I dont think it's worth starting a thread. Drafted in a deeeep dynasty startup this summer and have Albert Young rb min on my roster. Just an extremely late flier as I'm not a Gerhart believer. In fact I think he gets leapfrogged if ADP misses any time. But Rotoworld doesnt even have him listed on the updated depth charts released today. It's ADP, Gerhart, Booker, Davis and Robinson.So 2 questions. Is Young still on the roster? If not who's the best bet to leapfrog Gerhart?Minn homers are welcome to chime in and TIA.
The Vikings did not tender him a contract in March. They essentially let him go. He is still a FA I believe.
Thanks, gotta spot to fill now.

Thanks for the heads up. Ive been pretty busy lately and have some other updating to do as well. Other than some of the contracts, the DB's still need a full update, the TE's are almost done post NFL draft. Also the DL's and LB's need a post draft update. Should have everything done by next week.The PPR scores are still a work in progress.
Any chance you have an updated spreadsheet in the works, Go Deep?Would love to take a gander ;)

Any chance you have an updated spreadsheet in the works, Go Deep?Would love to take a gander ;)
:blackdot:

Users who are viewing this thread