What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordy Nelson - No Love? (2 Viewers)

They were saying on the radio that the team will most likely be going with even more 4-5 wide spread situations with the offensive line troubles. They like giving Aaron options and he makes such quick decisions with the ball. Seems to make Nelson about on par with James Jones...depending on the week and where the open spots are.

Jones' role: It's no secret that Mike McCarthy loves multi-receiver formations - any formation that stretches the contours of a defense. And the last two games, he's turning more to James Jones. Quickly, the fifth-year receiver is re-integrating into the rotation.

Through the first three games, Jones played in just 38 pass plays. The last two games? Fifty.

In Atlanta, he took full advantage with 140 yards on five catches, including the decisive 70-yard touchdown.

"Like I think I've said before, we caught them in a specific coverage. I'm sure Atlanta wanted to defend that play better than a 70-yard touchdown than they did, and sometimes it's a little bit of a roll of the dice in terms of who's in the game," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "We feel like we've got a number of guys that can play in our three-receiver offense and we want to do a good job divvying up the snaps so to speak. James made the most of his opportunities yesterday, and it was good to see."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-secondary-finally-looking-better-131493288.html

Why do people think he deserves love?
Useless comment. He was the #13 WR going into this week.
What is he now?
WR17
Looks like a flash in the pan to me.
Back to WR #13 this week.
I scarily find myself agreeing with Bob more often than not. Nelson has had two games in which his fantasy day was 100% made on one play. I certainly would not want to be banking on that going forward.

I scarily find myself agreeing with Bob more often than not. Nelson has had two games in which his fantasy day was 100% made on one play. I certainly would not want to be banking on that going forward.
I agree that he will be inconsistent, as I said earlier in this thread.But the Packers will continue to score a LOT of TDs through the air and even with James Jones back in the mix, Jordy still seems to be in line to get his fair share.I think he will continue to be startable as a WR2 (12 team league, start 2 WR) and an excellent Flex play if your league has one.

He's a playmaker, I don't understand why he does not get more targets.
He's in the mix with Jennings and Finley, plus Green Bay spreads it around.Also, take a look at the current rankings for Rodgers:

#1 in passing TDs

#1 in average yards per completion

#1 in 40+ yard completions

#4 in total yardage

#15 in total passing attempts

(9 fewer than Matt Ryan and just a handful more than Fitzpatrick and Sanchez)

So, he's getting it done with a lot of long passes and long TDs.

That means fewer targets to spread around.

Continue to start Jordy with confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
It amazes me that there are still people who don't understand that fantasy football is full of peaks and valleys, and very few players are going to be productive every single week.

Makes for an awesome WR4.
:lmao: He is actually my WR5, and I can't get him on the field often even with being able to start 4 WRs. Glad he performed well with Smith and Calvin on bye, but will likely be on my bench the rest of the year, barring injury.I think he is a guy you have to hold, mostly due to the perception that he isn't as good as he is playing, or won't be able to keep it up. I'd move him if I could get value for him, but I don't see that happening.

Been starting him every week except my bye week. He's just as good as Brandon Marshall and I drafted him 119th overall.

#10 WR in 0.5 ppr after nine weeks.

Like most WR's Nelson is prone to variance and despite the rank I'm not comfortable considering him a WR1. But there is no question he has reached WR2 status (with upside).

Guys here can continue to debate his merits until the end of the season if they wish. But to this point those characterizing him a WR3 at best have been proven wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Im finally done starting my "big name" WR (Roddy White) while this guy wallows away on my bench every week. Took me 10 weeks but Ill finally make the change next week. This kid is clearly a stud

Jordy Nelson is a top 10 WR.

He is better than (going by those ranked higher than him this week):

Brandon Marshall

Dez Bryant

Vincent Jackson

Jeremy Maclin

Julio Jones

Roddy White

Santonio Holmes

Marques Colston

Anquan Boldin

Brandon Lloyd

Percy Harvin

Antonio Brown

Jacoby Ford

Some others were close.

I hate this guy. Who even thought to draft him? You got lucky.

He should be giving 20% of his fantasy points to Finley and Jennings.

I hate this guy. Who even thought to draft him? You got lucky.He should be giving 20% of his fantasy points to Finley and Jennings.
Anyone who paid attention to their playoff run. Same thing applies for those of us who also drafted Antonio Brown. Late round fliers....gotta love em!

Been trying to trade for this guy. Gets the luxury of #2 or even #3 coverage (behind Jennings and Finley). Gets open when Rodgers scrambles.

Offered up Steven Jackson two weeks ago. Owner said he didn't see how it made his team any better. After tonight, i gotta agree.

So, is Nelson a big-time dynasty grab now?? or having a breakout and will plateau back.

He has a prototypical size/speed combo and like a previous poster said, draws the 2nd or 3rd coverage most plays. A-Rod seems to love the guy and he is great on boms or in the redzone, he really is the complete package.

Some weeks yoiu will get a 2-23, but he seems like a minor star in the making to me.

So, is Nelson a big-time dynasty grab now?? or having a breakout and will plateau back.He has a prototypical size/speed combo and like a previous poster said, draws the 2nd or 3rd coverage most plays. A-Rod seems to love the guy and he is great on boms or in the redzone, he really is the complete package.Some weeks yoiu will get a 2-23, but he seems like a minor star in the making to me.
In his last 16 games played (9 in 2011, 3 in playoffs, 4 in 2010), he posted 64-1124-10.

I hate this guy. Who even thought to draft him? You got lucky.
Didn't draft him. Traded for him (was actually mocked for "overpaying" for him) in about week 3 when it was clear based on their playoff run and the early season results that he was going to be a major part of the offense. It ain't all luck. ;)PS Glad someone else bumped this thread for me. :)

34 catches on 46 targets, 74% catch rate. 7 tds and 18.5 ypc. unreal. doesnt seem sustainable at all, but he keeps sustaining.

34 catches on 46 targets, 74% catch rate. 7 tds and 18.5 ypc. unreal. doesnt seem sustainable at all, but he keeps sustaining.
It's the whole offense. James Jones, 21 catches on 27 targets with 4 td's and a 16.95 ypc--but damn, how do you play the guy?? He's actually on the wire in my league at #31.

Got him in the 17th round and after an injury and Wayne's crappy season he's my WR2. Been a godsend. :thumbup:

Some weeks yoiu will get a 2-23, but he seems like a minor star in the making to me.
Don't know about your scoring system, but in mine he's only had less than 5 points one week and has more than 10 points in 6 out of 10 weeks. I'll take that kind of consistency anytime.

I hate this guy. Who even thought to draft him? You got lucky.He should be giving 20% of his fantasy points to Finley and Jennings.
Anyone who paid attention to their playoff run. Same thing applies for those of us who also drafted Antonio Brown. Late round fliers....gotta love em!
:goodposting: I specifically targeted Nelson late :thumbup:
I went after Driver and Nelson under the assumption tat Driver gets hurt along the way. While the injury-to-Driver-part hasnt worked out, Nelson has been chugging along. Jordy is still in a heavy rotation and will disappear for entire drives and that wont change unless there is an injury. So keeping this level of production seems unrealistic...but as someone else mentioned; Jones is at a similar production/target ratio so Nelson's production is not so much of an aberration. Targets/fantasy points (with my *distance-heavy* scoring system):Jennings: 71 targets/102 fantasy pts. Finley: 48/33Nelson: 46/95 (the distance bonuses help Jordy)Jones: 27/49Driver: 28/12Cobb: 16/25 (including returns)

So, is Nelson a big-time dynasty grab now?? or having a breakout and will plateau back.He has a prototypical size/speed combo and like a previous poster said, draws the 2nd or 3rd coverage most plays. A-Rod seems to love the guy and he is great on boms or in the redzone, he really is the complete package.Some weeks yoiu will get a 2-23, but he seems like a minor star in the making to me.
You can get a 2-23-0 game from almost any WR on a given week, with the exception of Calvin and Welker and maybe Jenning. See Bowe, V Jackson last week. Any WR can get shut down in a given week, and Nelson is no exception. But his upside is so big that he's a great #2WR to have.And the GB pie is so large that in more weeks than not, Nelson is going to get his. I do think his production has been helped by Finley's disappointing year. When Rodgers needs a key reception, he's usually going Jennings or Nelson.I would put Nelson around WR14 going forward in a PPR and WR12 in a nonppr, and is a very intriguing dynasty prospect.

BTW, I have a feeling that Nelson will be on a lot of championship teams this year. I have him in a 12 team PPR league where I drafted RBs and Tom Brady early (QB friendly league), and got Nelson in Round 8.....so far he has saved my year.

Nelson has been a godsend to my team - got him in a trade earlier this year after week 2 - sent Fitz and Pettigrew for AJ and Nelson. AJ has obviously hurt me, but Nelson has outscored Fitz since I made the deal. After last night, he is up to WR7 in my non PPR. I wouldn't trade him straight up for very many WRs right now.

Anyone who paid attention during the Superbowl. Drafted him in the 4th round (Dyansty).

The Packers think people are sleeping on him because he's white.

“They underestimate him. And honestly, he uses that to his advantage,” Jennings said Wednesday afternoon. “Seriously ... a lot of it has to do with the fact that guys look at him and say, ‘OK, he’s the white guy, he can’t be that good.’ Well, he is that good, he’s proven to be that good and it’s because of the work and the time that he’s put in – not only on the field but in his preparation off the field.”
Link

“They underestimate him. And honestly, he uses that to his advantage,” Jennings said Wednesday afternoon. “Seriously ... a lot of it has to do with the fact that guys look at him and say, ‘OK, he’s the white guy, he can’t be that good.’ Well, he is that good, he’s proven to be that good and it’s because of the work and the time that he’s put in – not only on the field but in his preparation off the field.”
Link
wow not a hint of racism in that quote

Link
If a white WR ever came out and said something like this about a black WR, all hell would break loose.

Link
If a white WR ever came out and said something like this about a black WR, all hell would break loose.
Actually, Jennings' quote reminds me of what a lot of Jackie Robinson's teammates said in 1947. "Guys look at him and say, 'OK, he's the black guy, he can't be that good.' Well, he is that good."

Jordy is the #8 scoring WR in my league. I'm always struggling trying to decide to put him in my lineup or not. He's the #3 WR on his team and I have #1 WR's that haven't scored half of what he has. But GB throws the ball a ton and they spread the wealth...which leads to my frustration because he'll have a big game followed by a 2/23 line.

But with that said, he'll be in my lineup for the rest of the year barring injury. I've tried to trade him but can't get much more than a bag of slobbery peanuts. :confused:

He has the same amount of TDs as Jennings. Who knew? Sleeper of the year in my book. Any WR with Aaron Rodgers at center deserves to be considered among the best.

Users who are viewing this thread