What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - San Francisco V Detroit (2 Viewers)

What did Harbaugh do wrong? Schwartz is the one that chased him down and started with him.
Not really sure. That was a weird exchange. Harbaugh was celebrating and skipping around and didn't really stop and shake Schwartz' hand as is customary. Gave him a hand slap and then a hard slap on the back which I think Schwartz took offense to. THen Schwratz said "WTF?", and Harbaugh said something back. And whatever Harbaugh said set him off.Pathetic display by Schwartz, regardless of what set him off.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Just lost all respect for Jim Harbaugh, what a tool.
Please... :rolleyes: What exactly did Harbaugh do differently than what Schwartz does at the end of every game. I know after the Dallas game, and the game prior to that, Schwartz did a fist pump and celebrated. Harbaugh did nothing different. Take your homer glasses off. You sound like you're whining.
He jumped in the air and then slapped Shwartz's hand on the way down as he was running away. Take your dumb glasses off, dummy.

The entire Ford Family should take Schwartz out in the street and beat him for his pathetic playcalling today...and if he didn't call the plays then there is an OC who needs to look for a new job tomorrow. Calvin 9 TDs = 5 wins. Calvin 0 TDs = 1 loss. Morons!
This post sums up why I rarely visit the Shark Pool. FWIW Schwartz would kick Harbaugh's ###.
I'll take the Coach that played in the NFL. I like Schwartz, but he's a weenie compared to Harbaugh

'Doctor Detroit said:
Really??Wasn't it the last week or 2 that Schwartz was shown on film doing the exact same thing after a big win?

'Doctor Detroit said:
God forbid Harbaugh be excited about a huge win over a good team and being 5-1 with this team. Schwartz looked like the tool here. Rough week for Detroit fans. At least you don't have to live there any more.

The entire Ford Family should take Schwartz out in the street and beat him for his pathetic playcalling today...and if he didn't call the plays then there is an OC who needs to look for a new job tomorrow. Calvin 9 TDs = 5 wins. Calvin 0 TDs = 1 loss. Morons!
This post sums up why I rarely visit the Shark Pool. FWIW Schwartz would kick Harbaugh's ###.
And your point is????????????????
ewwwwww you really got him with that one. Nice!

That was just strange all the way around. Not sure what Harbaugh was doing with that handshake, really curious what he said with that. Kinda bad for Schwartz to follow him down the field like that though, doesn't look good. I'm a big Schwartz fan, and I didn't care for that. Don't know that I've ever seen anything like that with pro coaches.

calvin is not going to keep scoring a touchdown every 3 catches... but yeah. way too many targets for pettigrew today.

What did Harbaugh do wrong? Schwartz is the one that chased him down and started with him.
Schwartz is one of the most animated over the top coaches on the sidelines. Deal with it Jim. Not exactly a class move by Harbaugh but Schwartz is about the last guy who should get upset about it

After Harbaugh did his gay dance and slapped Schwartz's hand, it looked like Schwartz said "#### you!" He then chased Harbaugh down, and Harbaugh yelled "Get out of my face! Get out of my face!"

Silly, but entertaining.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Please... :rolleyes: What exactly did Harbaugh do differently than what Schwartz does at the end of every game. I know after the Dallas game, and the game prior to that, Schwartz did a fist pump and celebrated. Harbaugh did nothing different. Take your homer glasses off. You sound like you're whining.
He jumped in the air and then slapped Shwartz's hand on the way down as he was running away. Take your dumb glasses off, dummy.
:violin:Schwartz looked pissed before Harbaugh even made it to him.

That was just strange all the way around. Not sure what Harbaugh was doing with that handshake, really curious what he said with that. Kinda bad for Schwartz to follow him down the field like that though, doesn't look good. I'm a big Schwartz fan, and I didn't care for that. Don't know that I've ever seen anything like that with pro coaches.
Agree with this. Odd looking. Harbaugh was acting like Schwartz was one of his assistant coaches. lol

'Doctor Detroit said:
You should lose your fake Doctor user name for unintelligent comments like this.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Classy retort. Is this way you stay off the Shark Pool???? Because you don't like hearing the truth? He celebrated. Oh my gosh!!!! What a horrible thing to do!!!! They just got a huge win on the road and beat one of the last unbeaten teams in the league. You might want to go cry with Schwartz. Apparently both of you are sore losers.

i agree that schwartz has acted a little toolish at the end of a couple of the lions wins, but he did it on the sideline and not in the middle of shaking hands with the other team's coach. both probably need to act like they've won/lost a football game before.

'Doctor Detroit said:
You were unaware of this? Two years ago Stanford was playing USC and, already up by 30 points, they were still throwing bombs and going for 2 late in the game. Wanted to put up 50 and did. Harbaugh and Carroll had strong words after the game. Jim Harbaugh may be a very good coach, but a good guy he's not.
To use this game as a judgement on his character is asinine. There was a lot of bad blood between those coaches. Carroll had done the same thing to Harbaugh previously. That was his chance at revenge.

'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
God forbid Harbaugh be excited about a huge win over a good team and being 5-1 with this team. Schwartz looked like the tool here. Rough week for Detroit fans. At least you don't have to live there any more.
Thanks short bus. :thumbup:
:thumbdown: stay classy
short bus 1. noun. (derogetory) school bus shorter in length than a conventional school bus commonly used to transport students with physical or mental handicaps.

'jon_mx said:
'faulkfan said:
Schwartz wants to win it without CJ to show he can....
Yeah...the game play made no sense...throw the ball to Calvin.
Go four in a row to CJ..why you do not get your playmaker the ball is beyond me. Do not like the empty backfield look, would like to see Best in the backfield instead of going 5 wide. Best ties up the underneath coverage and is an outlet. The last play was PI and the game should have been extended. That being said Stafford did not look comfortable in the two minute drill.

Still think Harbaugh is over-rated. His team played undisplined had at least 12 penalties for over 100 yards. He made two terrible challenges. He won but he should be hanging his head instead of celebrating.

'Doctor Detroit said:
You were unaware of this? Two years ago Stanford was playing USC and, already up by 30 points, they were still throwing bombs and going for 2 late in the game. Wanted to put up 50 and did. Harbaugh and Carroll had strong words after the game. Jim Harbaugh may be a very good coach, but a good guy he's not.
College football is a completely different game than the NFL. Besides the fact that beating up on opponents in the NCAA is necessary to improve your team's BCS ranking, USC #### kicked Stanford all the time for years, Harbaugh was just returning the favor there.

'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Yeah, maybe you should stay off the Shark Pool. Watching you get upset and name calling over something that's said on the Internet is almost as funny as watching the sore loser coach from Detroit try to start a fight after his team lost. I honestly don't know which is more pathetic now that I think about it.

Schwartz: "When you extend your hand at the end of the game, you don't expect the other coach to throw obscenities at you."

harbaugh quickly developing a reputation as a tool......

last week he throws on 4th down up 41-3 late in the 4th quarter, today he dances across the field showing off his stomach and was pretty disresptful to Schwartz IMO. coaches coach, dont act like you really did something.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Classy retort. Is this way you stay off the Shark Pool???? Because you don't like hearing the truth? He celebrated. Oh my gosh!!!! What a horrible thing to do!!!! They just got a huge win on the road and beat one of the last unbeaten teams in the league. You might want to go cry with Schwartz. Apparently both of you are sore losers.
He danced around like a school girl across the field and didn't even have the courtesy to stop doing it while he approached and 'shook hands with' Schwartz. Classless display by Harbaugh. I've seen coaches win the Super Bowl and compose themselves better than Harbaugh just did

'Doctor Detroit said:
Right. SC didn't have it coming either did they. Carroll never ran it up on anyone.

'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
short bus 1. noun. (derogetory) school bus shorter in length than a conventional school bus commonly used to transport students with physical or mental handicaps.
Apparently that word is not in his vocabulary. Name calling and getting upset obviously is.

'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Yeah, maybe you should stay off the Shark Pool. Watching you get upset and name calling over something that's said on the Internet is almost as funny as watching the sore loser coach from Detroit try to start a fight after his team lost. I honestly don't know which is more pathetic now that I think about it.
:goodposting:

And your point is????????????????
Since you asked, I believe his point is that faulkfan's post is so kneejerk that he may very well have gotten enough height to knee his own face. Furthermore, kneejerk posts have a detrimental effect on the quality of this forum.Or, I suppose someone could truly and sincerely believe that a 5-1 team should fire an OC after a last-minute loss during a historic turnaround season. In which case, that someone has bigger problems than the occasional self-knee strike to their jaw.

After Harbaugh did his gay dance and slapped Schwartz's hand, it looked like Schwartz said "#### you!" He then chased Harbaugh down, and Harbaugh yelled "Get out of my face! Get out of my face!"Silly, but entertaining.
:goodposting: This is what I saw as well. Schwartz chasing him down the sidelines was stupid, but you better believe his team will sure love that. Harbaugh should have just shown 2 seconds of restraint there, shook his hand--not pound him on the back, and then gone on to celebrate.Good to see some emotion from teams that have been down for the past few years...

"Stay off" the Shark Pool? Really?
Hey, you basically said it, not me. You're the one that said this was why you don't come to the Shark Pool anymore. Apparently it's because you're a sore loser and can't handle the truth, thus your constant name calling and whining. Just calling it like I see it.

I'd reserve judgement on the "sore loser" thing until we know, if we ever will, what the exact exchange was there at the end. The "handshake" was strange enough, Harbaugh may very well have said something stupid to fire Schwartz up. Doesn't excuse chasing him down like that, but could indicate that it wasn't just him being a sore loser.

'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Apparently that word is not in his vocabulary. Name calling and getting upset obviously is.
I think you should lay off the ripple.

Users who are viewing this thread