What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutler broken thumb (1 Viewer)

Chicago at best was going to go on the road in round 1 of the playoffs as a wildcard against someone like New Orleans or NYG/Dallas, not sure they were going anywhere anyways.
Have you watched them play recently? Cutler has been nothing short of spectacular and the defense has been dominant.
Again, if they did win in the wildcard they would be going on the road in the divisional to play GB or SF a combined 19-1 right now. I stand by what I wrote.
Would the Bears going on the road and beating the 49ers be that crazy? I don't think so.
You asked the question if I have been watching Chicago and I would ask if you have been watching San Fran? They are going to go 13-3 or 14-2, bye week 1st round, hosting a playoff game, they have a very favorable path to go to GB. Also they have major road wins to boot. Chicago was toasted by New Orleans and lost Earl Bennett for half the season in that game. Why do you think Chicago would walk thru New Orleans?

Chicago at best was going to go on the road in round 1 of the playoffs as a wildcard against someone like New Orleans or NYG/Dallas, not sure they were going anywhere anyways.
Have you watched them play recently? Cutler has been nothing short of spectacular and the defense has been dominant.
Again, if they did win in the wildcard they would be going on the road in the divisional to play GB or SF a combined 19-1 right now. I stand by what I wrote.
Would the Bears going on the road and beating the 49ers be that crazy? I don't think so.
You asked the question if I have been watching Chicago and I would ask if you have been watching San Fran? They are going to go 13-3 or 14-2, bye week 1st round, hosting a playoff game, they have a very favorable path to go to GB. Also they have major road wins to boot. Chicago was toasted by New Orleans and lost Earl Bennett for half the season in that game. Why do you think Chicago would walk thru New Orleans?
I never said they'd walk through New Orleans. The fact is that this team has been playing at a level that is capable of beating any team in the NFL on the road. This isn't the same team that played NO. I just have no clue what point you were trying to make with your post. It was pointless.

:goodposting:Its not like 5 and 6 seeds have ever won playoff games before.

What he wrote. He stands by it.

How one person can be so blissfully unaware of their own ineptitude...is weird.
Explain. Am I not entitled to my opinion which is Green Bay is going to demolish just about everyone and whoever is in the NFC Wildcard is pretty much dead in the water? You can say that seems far fetched or doesn't make for good banter, but why do you have to go to the personal put downs? I didn't enter this thread and start insulting anyone. This is what is wrong with the SP and one of the reasons so many folks have stopped posting. People don't state an opinion but instead press the personal insult button ASAP. it's weak and it's automatic admission that you cannot take a position and explain it with any self confidence so you would rather put someone down much like Limp Ditka trolls around and does all the time. Now why do you think Chicago was going far in the playoffs having to start on the road and likely having to play 3 playoff games on the road? Can you explain that without the put downs or is that not possible?

I'm a Lions fan but also a huge Cutler fan. That really sucks if he's out that long. He was having a terrific year and I don't think the Lions could have kept pace with the the Bears the rest of the year. Even if it helps the Lions I hate to see it.

A 7-9 Seattle team just beat New Orleans in the playoffs.

The NYG beat an undefeated Patriots team as a double digit underdog.

The Steelers and Green Bay have both won Super Bowls playing every playoff game on the road, Green Bay last year.

I guess every other team should just quit and we can watch GB and SF play each other next week for the championship. I mean why even try? There is a reason they play games on the field and not in your mind.

But that is just football talk. A decent argument that is fairly obvious. Really what irks me I suppose is going into a thread were a good, playoff bound team just lost their quarterback and exclaiming "they weren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyways" like it is some sort of consolation is just classless, besides being wrong.

The weirder thing, as I said in my post, is that you can't see that. Like you are missing an empathy gene or something. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Excellent details. The Giants also won four playoff games away from home, just like the Packers and Steelers. So literally half of the past six Super Bowl champions have been 5 and 6 seeds, and one beat a team that was undefeated.Of course, another aspect to this discussion is to consider what might happen if injuries affect the Packers or 49ers or both. It's disappointing to not get the opportunity to see how long the Bears might have been able to maintain their momentum. I thought they were peaking just a little too soon, as it would be hard to keep up their surge from mid-October all the way through to the playoffs, but I'd love to have seen them try. Hopefully, the diagnosis is premature in its severity and Cutler finds some way to get on the field in the next few weeks.

Hanie's stats:

2010: Played in 2 games, 5/7 passing for 55 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INT. QB Rating 94.3.

2009: Played in 2 games, 3/7 passing for 11 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. QB Rating 10.7.

I guess you can say he progressed in the last couple of years....

Explain. Am I not entitled to my opinion which is Green Bay is going to demolish just about everyone and whoever is in the NFC Wildcard is pretty much dead in the water? You can say that seems far fetched or doesn't make for good banter, but why do you have to go to the personal put downs? I didn't enter this thread and start insulting anyone. This is what is wrong with the SP and one of the reasons so many folks have stopped posting. People don't state an opinion but instead press the personal insult button ASAP. it's weak and it's automatic admission that you cannot take a position and explain it with any self confidence so you would rather put someone down much like Limp Ditka trolls around and does all the time.

Now why do you think Chicago was going far in the playoffs having to start on the road and likely having to play 3 playoff games on the road? Can you explain that without the put downs or is that not possible?
A 7-9 Seattle team just beat New Orleans in the playoffs.The NYG beat an undefeated Patriots team as a double digit underdog.

The Steelers and Green Bay have both won Super Bowls playing every playoff game on the road, Green Bay last year.

I guess every other team should just quit and we can watch GB and SF play each other next week for the championship. I mean why even try? There is a reason they play games on the field and not in your mind.

But that is just football talk. A decent argument that is fairly obvious. Really what irks me I suppose is going into a thread were a good, playoff bound team just lost their quarterback and exclaiming "they weren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyways" like it is some sort of consolation is just classless, besides being wrong.

The weirder thing, as I said in my post, is that you can't see that. Like you are missing an empathy gene or something. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
:goodposting:

A 7-9 Seattle team just beat New Orleans in the playoffs.

The NYG beat an undefeated Patriots team as a double digit underdog.

Excellent details. The Giants also won four playoff games away from home, just like the Packers and Steelers. So literally half of the past six Super Bowl champions have been 5 and 6 seeds, and one beat a team that was undefeated.Of course, another aspect to this discussion is to consider what might happen if injuries affect the Packers or 49ers or both. It's disappointing to not get the opportunity to see how long the Bears might have been able to maintain their momentum. I thought they were peaking just a little too soon, as it would be hard to keep up their surge from mid-October all the way through to the playoffs, but I'd love to have seen them try. Hopefully, the diagnosis is premature in its severity and Cutler finds some way to get on the field in the next few weeks.
Have any wildcard teams knocked off a team going 10-0 to start the season...12-0, 14-0??? My feelings are Green Bay is in the midst of an unreal run here and I can't see anyone right now in the NFC getting by them. I also think because SF will have the division wrapped up in a week or two, get a 1st round bye, they will be well rested for whatever comes at them and they have major road wins. The only team to beat them so far is Dallas. I keep waiting for the Niners to slide or let up after a big win much like the Ravens have done all season and they simply do not.

I wasn't trying to be insensitive Banana, as I said I have enjoyed the run the last month put on by Chicago but I never took them seriously as a Super Bowl team, didn't really last year either though. Green Bay is running at a different level right now. Rodgers had an "off day" today and still was completing over 60% of his passes. They lose a Greg Jennings, insert Jordy Nelson, lose nelson, insert James Jones and Donald Driver, after that they have Cobb, it just is a smorgasbord of speed and an offense that plays games with teams.

Here let me go ahead and say that New Orleans, Atlanta, Dallas, and the NYG are all likely not going anywhere. I give Detroit an outside shot but we'll know more as these two teams face off twice down the stretch starting on Thursday. I guess i should have said everyone not named Green Bay is likely not going anywhere in the playoffs. I didn't mean to come across abrasive, was not my intent.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bears are far from done. Let's not forget the Vince Young led Eagles beat the Giants tonight. The Tebow led Broncos beat the Jets thursday. Can Caleb Hanie really be all that much worse than those 2? I don't think so! I think Hanie did an admirable job when Cutler went down in the NFC game last year. Its going to come down to game planning and our defense coming up big. I think Chi still make the playoffs this year. 3 more games against the AFC west, which is argueably the worst division. I don't like the Bears prospects in the playoffs without Cutler but who knows, maybe Hanie does enough to get us in and Cutler makes it back in time. Also, I'm not sold on Green Bay being the world beaters everyone is making them out to be. Their defense sucks. They put a lot of points up but against a great defense and a decent offense, I feel they are beatable.I think The 49ers would do well against them. Texans maybe.

Hanie's stats:2010: Played in 2 games, 5/7 passing for 55 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INT. QB Rating 94.3.2009: Played in 2 games, 3/7 passing for 11 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. QB Rating 10.7.I guess you can say he progressed in the last couple of years....
Really? You didn't bother to put in the post season stats where he actually played a signifigant part of the game WITHOUT any first team reps?13/20 passing 153 1td/2int. Not great but considering the situation he was thrust in, leading the bears to within a td, not a bad job.Bears will be fine. They win by great defense, great special teams, decent offense. Two of the three are still intact and Hanie will be adequate to manage the game.

Hanie's stats:2010: Played in 2 games, 5/7 passing for 55 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INT. QB Rating 94.3.2009: Played in 2 games, 3/7 passing for 11 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. QB Rating 10.7.I guess you can say he progressed in the last couple of years....
Really? You didn't bother to put in the post season stats where he actually played a signifigant part of the game WITHOUT any first team reps?13/20 passing 153 1td/2int. Not great but considering the situation he was thrust in, leading the bears to within a td, not a bad job.Bears will be fine. They win by great defense, great special teams, decent offense. Two of the three are still intact and Hanie will be adequate to manage the game.
First team reps? How about 2nd team reps? Don't forget that that ####### Martz kept Collins as his backup QB and he was put into the NFC Championship Game before Hanie. Hanie was #3 emergency QB that day.

Have any wildcard teams knocked off a team going 10-0 to start the season...12-0, 14-0???
Um....I believe the Giants were 5th seeded wild card who beat the undefeated pats. And I believe the Pats were at one point, 10-0, 12-0, 14-0 as well.So much for your theory, and that was only like 4 years ago. You really have a complex. That or you have the memory of a baby seal.

Have any wildcard teams knocked off a team going 10-0 to start the season...12-0, 14-0???
How about 18-0?February 3, 2008; Super Bowl XLII: New York Giants 17 New England Patriots 14OK, so maybe it's never happened in the divisional or conference championship round, but ...oh wait, it did!!January 15, 2006; AFC Divisional Playoff: Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Indianapolis Colts 18If you want to say that the Packers look more impressive than the Patriots did in getting to 18-0 or the Colts did in getting to 13-0, that's a fair opinion. However, don't forget that the 2007 Patriots had only one single-digit win through their first ten games (24-20 @ Indy, when the Colts were 7-0 to that point).And the 2005 Colts had only three single-digit wins through their first ten games.By comparison, fully half (as in 5) of the Packers ten wins have been by single digits.Of course, that's not the only measure of dominance, but I think it speaks clearly to the way in which it is so easy to get caught up in the current kings of the mountain and so difficult to put the current season into perspective.

I'm sure LD doing another MOP stalker post again, guy just cannot get enough but adds nothing to this place.

Indy might have been tripped up by Pittsburgh and I discount New England in the Super Bowl as it wasn't a 6 seed in their conference. The Giants went thru Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay along the way and none of those teams were undefeated come week 10 or 11, most of them had losses well before week 8 in fact.

Of course wildcard teams have made the Super Bowl but rarely do they knock off a team of Green Bay's caliber in order to get to the Super Bowl.

I checked in at the cage and it seems Banana and LD couldn't wait to share their bait with the group so this really isn't about any kind of discussion, just blatant personal attacks by a few knuckleheads who have made it their life mission to try and ruin this place unfortunately. It's why so many have left and why many more will follow.

They have nothing to share but have all the time in the world to heckle and mock, it's their ammo and it's gotten really old and worn out.

SF is over rated. Period.

The bears of the last few weeks could have easily beaten them IMHO.

MOP, your stance is odd, seeing as the best team ever in the history of the universe(sarcasm, but you have to remember the hype) lost to the Wildcard giants in the super bowl a few years ago.

How about 18-0?February 3, 2008; Super Bowl XLII: New York Giants 17 New England Patriots 14OK, so maybe it's never happened in the divisional or conference championship round, but ...oh wait, it did!!January 15, 2006; AFC Divisional Playoff: Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Indianapolis Colts 18If you want to say that the Packers look more impressive than the Patriots did in getting to 18-0 or the Colts did in getting to 13-0, that's a fair opinion. However, don't forget that the 2007 Patriots had only one single-digit win through their first ten games (24-20 @ Indy, when the Colts were 7-0 to that point).And the 2005 Colts had only three single-digit wins through their first ten games.By comparison, fully half (as in 5) of the Packers ten wins have been by single digits.Of course, that's not the only measure of dominance, but I think it speaks clearly to the way in which it is so easy to get caught up in the current kings of the mountain and so difficult to put the current season into perspective.
I discount the Giants TJ because they didn't go thru New England to get to the Super Bowl and also had 2 weeks to prepare IIRC. 5 and 6 seeds have made the Super Bowl, no doubt but rarely do they knock off a team of the caliber of a Green Bay.

MOP, your stance is odd, seeing as the best team ever in the history of the universe(sarcasm, but you have to remember the hype) lost to the Wildcard giants in the super bowl a few years ago.
That was in the Super Bowl...rarely does a team start off like Green Bay and not make it to the Super Bowl was my point. It has happened but not often. Usually when a team wins their first 10 or 11 games, or goes 14-2, 15-1, they end up going to the Super Bowl most of the time was my point. I'll take Green Bay and give anyone the rest of the field in the NFC straight up.

I'm sure LD doing another MOP stalker post again, guy just cannot get enough but adds nothing to this place. Indy might have been tripped up by Pittsburgh and I discount New England in the Super Bowl as it wasn't a 6 seed in their conference. The Giants went thru Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay along the way and none of those teams were undefeated come week 10 or 11, most of them had losses well before week 8 in fact. Of course wildcard teams have made the Super Bowl but rarely do they knock off a team of Green Bay's caliber in order to get to the Super Bowl. I checked in at the cage and it seems Banana and LD couldn't wait to share their bait with the group so this really isn't about any kind of discussion, just blatant personal attacks by a few knuckleheads who have made it their life mission to try and ruin this place unfortunately. It's why so many have left and why many more will follow. They have nothing to share but have all the time in the world to heckle and mock, it's their ammo and it's gotten really old and worn out.
Sorry MOP, 2011 Pack is not better than the 18-0 Pats. Not by a long shot...or not by their caliber as you like to say. I don't see anyone here being knuckleheads. You do seem a bit too overly sensitive with your Packers man-love. Take a deep breath man. When you make wide sweeping generalizations and bold predictions as fact, of course you're going to get flack. What do you expect?The only guy that really matters is Rodgers anyway from a FF perspective.

List all the teams that have gone 14-2 or better and not made the Super Bowl from their conference? The list can't be that big.

But Ill start New England in 2010...lost to the Jets

I agree. They are well coached, well schemed, but I think a really good NFL team should have very little problems with them. I don't think they have the talent.If you look at their schedule. The ahrdest guys they played so far was um...Dal/Cin/Det/NYG.

Decent teams but definitely not top tier.

I'm sure LD doing another MOP stalker post again, guy just cannot get enough but adds nothing to this place. Indy might have been tripped up by Pittsburgh and I discount New England in the Super Bowl as it wasn't a 6 seed in their conference. The Giants went thru Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay along the way and none of those teams were undefeated come week 10 or 11, most of them had losses well before week 8 in fact. Of course wildcard teams have made the Super Bowl but rarely do they knock off a team of Green Bay's caliber in order to get to the Super Bowl. I checked in at the cage and it seems Banana and LD couldn't wait to share their bait with the group so this really isn't about any kind of discussion, just blatant personal attacks by a few knuckleheads who have made it their life mission to try and ruin this place unfortunately. It's why so many have left and why many more will follow. They have nothing to share but have all the time in the world to heckle and mock, it's their ammo and it's gotten really old and worn out.
It just goes over your head, dude. I don't know why.I rarely post elsewhere but I didn't want to be rude in this thread. Not really my style.So carry on being blissfully unaware. If I knew how to help I would.
Just because you print something on an internet message board doesn't mean you're right fyi...

I think I got this right....

Teams that started at least 10-0 that lost to Wild Card teams at home

2005 Indy Colts, 13-0. Lost to 6th seed Steelers

2008 Tennessee Titans, 10-0. Lost to 6th seed Baltimore Ravens

This 'nothing to share moment' was brought to you by the number 147 and the letters MOP.

The thread took a sharp turn towards trying to get under MOP's skin. The posts don't offer much in the way of facts, just a lot of MOP bashing and personal insults. A few posters as usual have to ruin it for everyone. I'll bow out of the thread, shame the Bears lost their QB.

Have a good one folks,

Peace

List all the teams that have gone 14-2 or better and not made the Super Bowl from their conference? The list can't be that big.But Ill start New England in 2010...lost to the Jets
since the 16-game schedule began in 1978...2010 Patriots2006 Chargers2005 Colts2004 Steelers1999 Jaguars1998 Vikings (bonus, 15-1)1992 49ers1990 49ers1987 49ers (13-2, strike)1986 Bears

The thread took a sharp turn towards trying to get under MOP's skin. The posts don't offer much in the way of facts, just a lot of MOP bashing and personal insults. A few posters as usual have to ruin it for everyone. I'll bow out of the thread, shame the Bears lost their QB. Have a good one folks,Peace
Yeah, it was everyone else's fault.

List all the teams that have gone 14-2 or better and not made the Super Bowl from their conference? The list can't be that big.But Ill start New England in 2010...lost to the Jets
since the 16-game schedule began in 1978...2010 Patriots2006 Chargers2005 Colts2004 Steelers1999 Jaguars1998 Vikings (bonus, 15-1)1992 49ers1990 49ers1987 49ers (13-2, strike)1986 Bears
Dang. 4 in 7 years isn't an occurrence, it's a trend. Better tell the invincible packs to lose at least 3+ games on purpose in order to avoid the Wildcard upset.

I'm bettin Limp Ditka's ignore post is MOP related. Anyone want to tell me if I'm right. I thought FBG was sending stalkers on vacation.
I'm sure LD doing another MOP stalker post again, guy just cannot get enough but adds nothing to this place.
The thread took a sharp turn towards trying to get under MOP's skin.
I don't think you're getting the hang of the whole "IGNORE" thing.

What was Atlanta's record last year when the #6 seed Packers came into the Georgia Dome. Exactly. Is this the type of analysis that we can expect from you if you ever do get on staff at FBGs?

Users who are viewing this thread