What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

i am proud of the big guy because he never listens to the negative nancies and i hope that john elway apologizes to him and he really should say it loud and to the media the same way he has not supported tebow in the media and then maybe tim will stick around jeez i cant believe they woudl have played brady quinn if he struggled you dont bench jesus when one of his miracles doesnt seem to work out right and send in steve from accounting

All of his throws on Thomas's big plays were right on the money.

OTOH, he completed less than 50% of his passes yet again. Gonna go out on a small limb and say 15 yards per attempt is not sustainable. His accuracy will need to be better next season if Denver wants to repeat the Cinderella act.

Nice win today, but Roeth is gimped and Pitt has been vulnerable lately. They struggled to put away the Browns last week in a must-win game. Kinda says it all. Ike Taylor got his ### handed to him by Thomas today. From an FF standpoint Thomas is the guy who comes out of this smelling like roses. No sign of that Achilles injury now.
Why is completion percentage more important than QB Rating, YPA, TD:INT etc? :popcorn:

OTOH, he completed less than 50% of his passes yet again. Gonna go out on a small limb and say 15 yards per attempt is not sustainable. His accuracy will need to be better next season if Denver wants to repeat the Cinderella act.

Nice win today, but Roeth is gimped and Pitt has been vulnerable lately. They struggled to put away the Browns last week in a must-win game. Kinda says it all. Ike Taylor got his ### handed to him by Thomas today. From an FF standpoint Thomas is the guy who comes out of this smelling like roses. No sign of that Achilles injury now.
Why is completion percentage more important than QB Rating, YPA, TD:INT etc? :popcorn:
It's not. But he's not going to hit three 50+ yard throws every game. I give him credit for making the tough throws today. In the long run, he'll also have to start making the easy ones.

Let's be fair here. The Steelers were a pretty wounded unit and they still almost pulled this game off.

This game isn't a referendum on Tebow's career anymore than a loss at New England will be next week. He showed some very good things this week, as well as some pretty bad throws as well. If I were a Denver fan I would be optimistic about his future but I wouldn't be anointing him the next John Elway just yet.
No one is doing that. Favreco just keeps posting garbage about "in time". Despite the fact that Tebow just threw for more yards against the Steelers than have been thrown on them all season - in a playoff game.No, it doesn't make Tebow the best QB ever, nor does it put him next to Elway. It does suggest that this season's success may very well be a non-fluke. Poise in high pressure situations is an important QB skill as well - and he has shown to have that - in spades. He posted one of the best games of the season when it was win or go home. That says something about his ability.

FavreCo continues giving feint praise and backhanded compliments - whilst hinting within the same posts that Tebow actually still sucks - trying to make himself not look completely ridiculous (btw, it's way too late.)

It's not. But he's not going to hit three 50+ yard throws every game. I give him credit for making the tough throws today. In the long run, he'll also have to start making the easy ones.
I was just curious because ever since he took the starting job you've been talking completion percentage and little else.Of course he won't complete 3 50+ yd throws each game. On the other hand he's young and the deep throw takes advantage of his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. I think he'll probably get better at reading defenses and we'll see more traditional throws sooner or later.

Let's be fair here. The Steelers were a pretty wounded unit and they still almost pulled this game off.This game isn't a referendum on Tebow's career anymore than a loss at New England will be next week. He showed some very good things this week, as well as some pretty bad throws as well. If I were a Denver fan I would be optimistic about his future but I wouldn't be anointing him the next John Elway just yet.
Who is the next John Elway?Give Tebow the credit he deserves for proving to himself and anyone that has doubted him that he can win big games against good teams while throwing the ball.Tebow still has a long ways to go as I have said since the beginning but he has clearly showed enough this season to be given ample opportunity to be the long term answer going forward. I mean people were saying Quinn was going to come in and get playing time today. This also allows Denver to move forward drafting players to upgrade their team that are not QB's.

Let's be fair here. The Steelers were a pretty wounded unit and they still almost pulled this game off.

This game isn't a referendum on Tebow's career anymore than a loss at New England will be next week. He showed some very good things this week, as well as some pretty bad throws as well. If I were a Denver fan I would be optimistic about his future but I wouldn't be anointing him the next John Elway just yet.
No one is doing that. Favreco just keeps posting garbage about "in time". Despite the fact that Tebow just threw for more yards against the Steelers than have been thrown on them all season - in a playoff game.No, it doesn't make Tebow the best QB ever, nor does it put him next to Elway. It does suggest that this season's success may very well be a non-fluke. Poise in high pressure situations is an important QB skill as well - and he has shown to have that - in spades. He posted one of the best games of the season when it was win or go home. That says something about his ability.

FavreCo continues giving feint praise and backhanded compliments - whilst hinting within the same posts that Tebow actually still sucks - trying to make himself not look completely ridiculous (btw, it's way too late.)
I beleive Raider Nation brought it up the post before mine. You have to be like 12 years old.So you have migrated from 'he just win's and other useless trivia to 'he just threw for blah blah blah'. Good job.

Who is the next John Elway?Give Tebow the credit he deserves for proving to himself and anyone that has doubted him that he can win big games against good teams while throwing the ball.

Tebow still has a long ways to go as I have said since the beginning but he has clearly showed enough this season to be given ample opportunity to be the long term answer going forward.

I mean people were saying Quinn was going to come in and get playing time today. This also allows Denver to move forward drafting players to upgrade their team that are not QB's.
There was a reason or those statements. The didn't just make them up.NBC Sports reports multiple sources say that Denver Broncos HC John Fox is prepared to bench QB Tim Tebow, if he struggles once again in the wildcard game against the Steelers. As one source explained it, Broncos players don’t regard the development as a big deal. It’s no surprise that Tebow hasn’t been the same guy lately, with as many turnovers in the last two games (six) as he had in all of the prior 10 games combined. Indeed, it’s smart coaching by Fox to be ready to do whatever needs to be done to win. So if/when the Steelers put the clamps on Tebow, get ready for the first appearance from QB Brady Quinn in a Broncos uniform in anything other than a preseason game.

Tim had an excellent first season, even if the Patriots blow them out. He made big plays all year, with his legs and his arm. Isn't that all that matters?

Elway did the right thing and challenged him. Tebow responded bigtime.

He's got the best intangibles of any player in the NFL right now, is a huge threat on the ground and is improving as a passer.

With the emergence of Demaryius Thomas, what Tebow needs now is a running game and a little bit more help at receiver/tight end. He also needs his coaches to "let him play".

I'm pumped for the future of the Broncos. With Tebow on offense and Von Miller on defense, this could be an exciting team. Can't wait to see what happens next week. Patriots will probably destory them, but if you recall, Denver was winning in the 2nd quarter and in control for awhile in that game.

The only shot the Broncos have is that the Patriots have a horrible defense.

Should be fun to watch though!

I would think even the naysayers would have to admit that he has exceeded their expectations - he is not horrible and has proven he can compete in the big league.

I would think even the naysayers would have to admit that he has exceeded their expectations - he is not horrible and has proven he can compete in the big league.
I'll give him all of that but I still don't think he's the answer at QB. Cue DoubleG to attack my response.

Let's be fair here. The Steelers were a pretty wounded unit and they still almost pulled this game off.This game isn't a referendum on Tebow's career anymore than a loss at New England will be next week. He showed some very good things this week, as well as some pretty bad throws as well. If I were a Denver fan I would be optimistic about his future but I wouldn't be anointing him the next John Elway just yet.
Who is the next John Elway?Give Tebow the credit he deserves for proving to himself and anyone that has doubted him that he can win big games against good teams while throwing the ball.Tebow still has a long ways to go as I have said since the beginning but he has clearly showed enough this season to be given ample opportunity to be the long term answer going forward. I mean people were saying Quinn was going to come in and get playing time today. This also allows Denver to move forward drafting players to upgrade their team that are not QB's.
I don't think he's out of line by saying "Let's be fair" - because it was a severely wounded Steelers team. We won and hell - I'll take it. This was great. But I still know that we haven't proven that we can beat a team with a good offense. Pitt struggled badly in the first half. Second half Pitt still didn't play well but were able to catch up.We won today because our TEAM played a helluva game. Our coaches coached a helluva game. Tebow did what he was supposed to just like our O-line, WRs, Defense (for the most part) and our RBs.I'm not complaining one bit but I also know we ran into a badly injured team today. But hey, it's the NFL and injuries happen. I'm not shedding any tears for the Steelers.

Who is the next John Elway?Give Tebow the credit he deserves for proving to himself and anyone that has doubted him that he can win big games against good teams while throwing the ball.

Tebow still has a long ways to go as I have said since the beginning but he has clearly showed enough this season to be given ample opportunity to be the long term answer going forward.

I mean people were saying Quinn was going to come in and get playing time today. This also allows Denver to move forward drafting players to upgrade their team that are not QB's.
There was a reason or those statements. The didn't just make them up.NBC Sports reports multiple sources say that Denver Broncos HC John Fox is prepared to bench QB Tim Tebow, if he struggles once again in the wildcard game against the Steelers. As one source explained it, Broncos players don’t regard the development as a big deal. It’s no surprise that Tebow hasn’t been the same guy lately, with as many turnovers in the last two games (six) as he had in all of the prior 10 games combined. Indeed, it’s smart coaching by Fox to be ready to do whatever needs to be done to win. So if/when the Steelers put the clamps on Tebow, get ready for the first appearance from QB Brady Quinn in a Broncos uniform in anything other than a preseason game.
Yes and these reports I feel were ridiculous.You are going to bench your young QB for a guy that has not played a snap all season? I mean sure Tebow did not play well but he obviously is the guy that has taken them to this position. You need to allow young QB's to take their bumps along the way.

I mean if it was a 3 score game and there was 5 minutes left then maybe you may have seen Quinn, but even then I think it would have been dumb.

Tebow's game just made those reports look dumb any who.

I don't think he's out of line by saying "Let's be fair" - because it was a severely wounded Steelers team. We won and hell - I'll take it. This was great. But I still know that we haven't proven that we can beat a team with a good offense. Pitt struggled badly in the first half. Second half Pitt still didn't play well but were able to catch up.We won today because our TEAM played a helluva game. Our coaches coached a helluva game. Tebow did what he was supposed to just like our O-line, WRs, Defense (for the most part) and our RBs.I'm not complaining one bit but I also know we ran into a badly injured team today. But hey, it's the NFL and injuries happen. I'm not shedding any tears for the Steelers.
A couple things - the guy has less than one season of startshe won his first playoff game and looked good doing itthe qb always gets too much credit/blame for wins and losses

While Tebow did play his best game in quite some time now how about a little love for John Fox?

The Tebow supporters were ripping him to shreds because he was holding him back etc. etc. Well today he let Tebow try to hit those deep balls when the D was begging him to do so all day and it payed off huge with a win.

The thing is this debate is nowhere near over for Tebow.If he goes to NE and throws up another strong game it will help his cause but what if he reverts back and has another horrible game?It really solves nothing in this case either way IMO.He still has a ton of work to put in to be a conventional QB in this league.

So the bottom line is to be continued for Tebow.

A couple things - the guy has less than one season of startshe won his first playoff game and looked good doing itthe qb always gets too much credit/blame for wins and losses
Didn't dispute any of those things in my post. I was just responding to the "Let's be fair" part of an earlier post. My post was more about our team than any one individual. I actually am fine with that, as well. Every player has his part to play.

Yes and these reports I feel were ridiculous.You are going to bench your young QB for a guy that has not played a snap all season? I mean sure Tebow did not play well but he obviously is the guy that has taken them to this position. You need to allow young QB's to take their bumps along the way.

I mean if it was a 3 score game and there was 5 minutes left then maybe you may have seen Quinn, but even then I think it would have been dumb.

Same here. Quinn would have ben a disaster even trying to throw towards Ike Taylor. That guy hasn't seen a field in forever and to put him in a playoff game. Forget it Only way he was sniffing the filed was injury or total blowout which was impossible with Ben R. in the shape he was in.

While Tebow did play his best game in quite some time now how about a little love for John Fox?The Tebow supporters were ripping him to shreds because he was holding him back etc. etc. Well today he let Tebow try to hit those deep balls when the D was begging him to do so all day and it payed off huge with a win.The thing is this debate is nowhere near over for Tebow.If he goes to NE and throws up another strong game it will help his cause but what if he reverts back and has another horrible game?It really solves nothing in this case either way IMO.He still has a ton of work to put in to be a conventional QB in this league.So the bottom line is to be continued for Tebow.
I agree to a point - lot's of guys would struggle going into NE in round 2. Heck look at Matt Ryan today.

There was a reason or those statements. The didn't just make them up.NBC Sports reports multiple sources say that Denver Broncos HC John Fox is prepared to bench QB Tim Tebow, if he struggles once again in the wildcard game against the Steelers. As one source explained it, Broncos players don't regard the development as a big deal. It's no surprise that Tebow hasn't been the same guy lately, with as many turnovers in the last two games (six) as he had in all of the prior 10 games combined. Indeed, it's smart coaching by Fox to be ready to do whatever needs to be done to win. So if/when the Steelers put the clamps on Tebow, get ready for the first appearance from QB Brady Quinn in a Broncos uniform in anything other than a preseason game.

Same here. Quinn would have ben a disaster even trying to throw towards Ike Taylor. That guy hasn't seen a field in forever and to put him in a playoff game. Forget it Only way he was sniffing the filed was injury or total blowout which was impossible with Ben R. in the shape he was in.
By the way, this report was debunked by local radio before the game. I think it was started by that idiot Glazer. He saw Quinn take some snaps. But Quinn does that all the time. Former players on radio were chuckling at that report when they heard it.

Last edited by a moderator:
While Tebow did play his best game in quite some time now how about a little love for John Fox?The Tebow supporters were ripping him to shreds because he was holding him back etc. etc. Well today he let Tebow try to hit those deep balls when the D was begging him to do so all day and it payed off huge with a win.The thing is this debate is nowhere near over for Tebow.If he goes to NE and throws up another strong game it will help his cause but what if he reverts back and has another horrible game?It really solves nothing in this case either way IMO.He still has a ton of work to put in to be a conventional QB in this league.So the bottom line is to be continued for Tebow.
I agree to a point - lot's of guys would struggle going into NE in round 2. Heck look at Matt Ryan today.
New England's defense is one of the worst I've seen in years. It's awful.

The Steelers got beat. They keep saying they were gimpy. Sure they were gimpy but who is not at this stage? I mean Redman played one hell of a game in place of Mendy. Clark was missed in the secondary but Dawkins was also missed for the Broncos. Pouncey was out for Pitt but Cooper was out for Denver on the O-line. Decker was out in the first half and how could would Lloyd look lining up outside with Thomas.

I mean sure Pitt had some injuries but if you were to look at rosters for both teams to start the game, Pitt >>>>>>>> Denver by a mile. Let's just give Denver and Tebow credit for playing a great game and proving people wrong.

I'll give him all of that but I still don't think he's the answer at QB. Cue DoubleG to attack my response.
I'm not sure he's the long term answer either
Here's my take. With the way QB's and WR's protected and with the ungawldy number of penalty saving drives, you have to put up points galore in this league now. The guys that can do that make their teams contenders. GB, NO, NE, and to a point NYG, DET now. Once you come up against them, you have to put your track shoes on. SF with their power D, struggled vs Eli at home and they have to travel to GB if GB wins and they upset NO....which I don't see. NO is outta control right now. THe question? Can he do that? Matt Ryan can't right now. Good QB. Franchsie QB but rigt now, he ca't keep his tema in games when points are being put up. THe D's are handcuffed like never before. I'll be shocked if the SB winner is not NO, GB, NE or NYG in that order.

He hasn't proven much of anything. He had a poor year overall. Only completed 46.5% of his passes for 6.38 yards per throw during the regular season. Those are among the worst numbers of any QB in the NFL. Bear in mind that he posted these poor numbers despite having minimal responsibility (he ranked dead last among NFL starters in pass attempts per game). Tim Tebow might become a good starter, but he did not have a good year. The stats don't lie.

Here's my take. With the way QB's and WR's protected and with the ungawldy number of penalty saving drives, you have to put up points galore in this league now. The guys that can do that make their teams contenders. GB, NO, NE, and to a point NYG, DET now. Once you come up against them, you have to put your track shoes on. SF with their power D, struggled vs Eli at home and they have to travel to GB if GB wins and they upset NO....which I don't see. NO is outta control right now. THe question? Can he do that? Matt Ryan can't right now. Good QB. Franchsie QB but rigt now, he ca't keep his tema in games when points are being put up. THe D's are handcuffed like never before. I'll be shocked if the SB winner is not NO, GB, NE or NYG in that order.
You also said Tebow would get crushed this game and this thread would be locked for good. I don't know what makes you so credible with anything at this stage.

The Steelers got beat. They keep saying they were gimpy. Sure they were gimpy but who is not at this stage? I mean Redman played one hell of a game in place of Mendy. Clark was missed in the secondary but Dawkins was also missed for the Broncos. Pouncey was out for Pitt but Cooper was out for Denver on the O-line. Decker was out in the first half and how could would Lloyd look lining up outside with Thomas. I mean sure Pitt had some injuries but if you were to look at rosters for both teams to start the game, Pitt >>>>>>>> Denver by a mile. Let's just give Denver and Tebow credit for playing a great game and proving people wrong.
:goodposting: They got beat and that's the bottom line.

By the way, this report was debunked by local radio before the game. I think it was started by that idiot Glazer. He saw Quinn take some snaps. But Quinn does that all the time. Former players on radio were chuckling at that report when they heard it.
From what I can tell, here's how it went down.Brady Quinn took 2 snaps with the first team offense in each practice this week, which apparently the backup QB has done for every Denver practice all season. Apparently PFT (and a lot of other people) didn't know they always did it and reported Quinn taking snaps with the 1st team offense in an intentionally vague manner to try and stir up controversy and drive traffic to their site. Simms actually laughed about it during the game, saying that he was at the practices and Quinn only took the same snaps in practice that he has all season.Meanwhile, there was a separate report from Jay Glazer that Quinn would be used in 3rd down passing situations and could come in full-time if Tebow struggled early. I have no idea where he got that info but he was probably just jumping on the bandwagon, as Denver had 3rd and long on each of the 1st two possessions and Quinn never so much as put on a helmet. That also means that the second part of his report (Tebow will be benched if he struggles early) was probably equally fabricated, but we'll never know.

You also said Tebow would get crushed this game and this thread would be locked for good. I don't know what makes you so credible with anything at this stage.
Did I say that? I just scanned my previous posts and I said Pittsburgh would win. None of what you added, did I say. So who is credible here and who is making things up? Didn't know I could lock threads. That was a joke. Will this thread die. Yeah, someday and I'll be the final poster. That part I have said.

Tim Tebow might become a good starter, but he did not have a good year. The stats don't lie.
The only stat that ultimately matters is W's. There are only eight quarterbacks still playing football next week and Tebow's one of 'em. People can knock him all they want - and I've been critical of him in this very thread - but at the end of the day he's still playing football with guys like Rodgers, Brees and Brady. I don't know how good Tebow is going to be but that counts for something in my book. It actually counts for a lot.

They get a lot of TOs, they don't let up a lot of points. They let up a lot of yards but so do all the good offenses because the opposing team is throwing a lot and playing from behind a lot.They're not a great defense, they're probably not even a good defense. But they're not the worst in the NFL this year much less the worst in years.In fact, I'd argue that the Patriots have a better defense than the Broncos.

From what I can tell, here's how it went down.Brady Quinn took 2 snaps with the first team offense in each practice this week, which apparently the backup QB has done for every Denver practice all season. Apparently PFT (and a lot of other people) didn't know they always did it and reported Quinn taking snaps with the 1st team offense in an intentionally vague manner to try and stir up controversy and drive traffic to their site. Simms actually laughed about it during the game, saying that he was at the practices and Quinn only took the same snaps in practice that he has all season.Meanwhile, there was a separate report from Jay Glazer that Quinn would be used in 3rd down passing situations and could come in full-time if Tebow struggled early. I have no idea where he got that info but he was probably just jumping on the bandwagon, as Denver had 3rd and long on each of the 1st two possessions and Quinn never so much as put on a helmet. That also means that the second part of his report (Tebow will be benched if he struggles early) was probably equally fabricated, but we'll never know.
I just heard about it in passing on the radio. This explains it much better and jibes with everything I know about the team's doings this past week. Thanks for sorting it out a bit better.

Sure - but it's a playoff atmosphere and you will probably be chasing points.

Doesn't some folks believe this is what Denver wanted people to think??? Make PIT prepare for both QBS? If you know Tebow is your guy, why not leak this info hoping they take the bait. It was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news.

No chance it was a misinformation campaign by the Broncos to make the Steelers plan for a Quinn contingency?

Tim Tebow might become a good starter, but he did not have a good year. The stats don't lie.
The only stat that ultimately matters is W's. There are only eight quarterbacks still playing football next week and Tebow's one of 'em. People can knock him all they want - and I've been critical of him in this very thread - but at the end of the day he's still playing football with guys like Rodgers, Brees and Brady. I don't know how good Tebow is going to be but that counts for something in my book. It actually counts for a lot.
So you think Sanchez is a great QB then? The Broncos won 8 games during the regular season and finished third in their division in point differential. In other words, they're a mediocre team that squeaked into the playoffs on a technicality. In most other years/most other divisions, they don't even get this far. I'm not going to take anything away from some of the great throws Tebow made today, but it's not correct to give him credit for Denver's wins. Even if it were, 8-8 with a first round playoff win doesn't qualify as an elite season. Tebow played poorly for most of the season and benefited from quite a lot of circumstantial luck.

He hasn't proven much of anything. He had a poor year overall. Only completed 46.5% of his passes for 6.38 yards per throw during the regular season. Those are among the worst numbers of any QB in the NFL. Bear in mind that he posted these poor numbers despite having minimal responsibility (he ranked dead last among NFL starters in pass attempts per game). Tim Tebow might become a good starter, but he did not have a good year. The stats don't lie.
:rolleyes: He has not proven much of anything? Comical. He has proven that he can win a big playoff game and throw for 300 yards doing so against one of the best defences in the league with a HOF coordinator. Sure you may point to only completeing 10 passes, but he also had 2 bad drops, a few throw aways, and he did have a couple of bad throws in there as well. He also ran for 50 yards and a score as well to help his team get that win. Anyone that watched that game would be fooling themselves to say that Tebow has not proven anything this season. To not realize how great of a game Tebow actually played today is dumb. Look Tebow is not Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Eli, Brady and company and will never be that type of a thrower. But he has proven that this team can win big games against contendors going forward. He has also proven that he can make NFL throws.Tebow has a long ways to go but he has proven that he at least has the ability to do so. Whether he does it or not is one thing. But come on not prove anything? pffff.

Did I say that? I just scanned my previous posts and I said Pittsburgh would win. None of what you added, did I say. So who is credible here and who is making things up? Didn't know I could lock threads. That was a joke. Will this thread die. Yeah, someday and I'll be the final poster. That part I have said.
That's amazing.How do you not trip - the way you back pedal so fast?

:lmao:

Yes will likely have the last post in this thread - because so many people will have you on ignore by then many of us wont even have noticed you had posted.

So you think Sanchez is a great QB then?
No although he does deserve credit for helping lead a team to the AFC Title Game two seasons in a row. That's not easy to do but Sanchez did it. Please note I never said Tebow's a great QB. I said that wins count for a lot in my book - especially playoff wins. The fact is Tebow has less than a full season of NFL starts under his belt and he's already won a playoff game. You can certainly point to a number of stats that suggest Tebow had a poor season. But when you look at the team's record with him as a starter and the fact it's one of only eight teams still alive in the playoffs, it's quite easy to say he actually has done well so far this season - certainly better than a lot of people anticipated.

The list of mediocre QBs who have won big games is a long one. What separates players like Drew Brees and Tom Brady from players like Mark Sanchez and TJ Yates is the ability to play well consistently. Hitting one home run doesn't make you Barry Bonds.

Tebow has not proven that he's a good NFL QB or a player who can consistently lead a team to the playoffs and win meaningful games. So no, he really hasn't proven anything. Statistically, he was one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL during the regular season. There's really no getting around that. Of all the teams in the playoffs, the Broncos had the worst point differential and the worst record. They were incredibly fortunate to have the opportunity to play in this game today.

This reminds me of the Rex Grossman debate a few years ago.He got his team to a Superbowl but it never made him a good QB and it still holds water today with him.

Tebow has not proven that he's a good NFL QB or a player who can consistently lead a team to the playoffs
You do realize that this is his first (nearly full) season as a starter, right? So he's 1-for-1 in terms of leading teams to the playoffs. That's not a bad start.

That's amazing.How do you not trip - the way you back pedal so fast?

:lmao:

Yes will likely have the last post in this thread - because so many people will have you on ignore by then many of us wont even have noticed you had posted.
There's no reason to discuss anything with you since you never make any sense and can't read.

Is 6.38 ypa really that poor for a 1st year starter? Sam Bradford's was 6.0 last year and it was considered a phenomenal rookie year. Stafford's was 6.0, Peyton 6.5, Brady 6.9, Mcnabb 4.4, Brees 6.2, etc.And for kicks, Tebow's TD/INT ratio was ahead of all those guys and his QB rating was ahead of all except Brady.I know you've been harping on completion percentage a lot and I agree he'll need to get that up, but it seems a bit unfair to take that number at face value. Tebow throws an exhorbitant number of his balls downfield so you expect the competition percentage to at least be a bit lower. His yards per completion led the NFL this year.I think completion percentage is a bit overblown, especially by you. Who do you want, the guy that went 24/41 for 199yds with 0 TDs today or the guy who went 10/21 for 315yds and 2 TDs?The all-time leader in completion percentage in NFL history is Chad Pennington. Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Brian Griese, Marc Bulger, Shaun Hill, and David Garrard are all in the top 20. Even guys like Jason Campbell, Damon Huard, Chad Henne, Jon Kitna, Tim Couch, and David Carr aren't far behind that.I'm not sure why you've decided that completion percentage is among the two most important QB stats in the last few years (you use it in the Roethisberger argument as well). Almost half of the top 40 QBs in all-time completion percentage are journeymen/backups/garbage.

This reminds me of the Rex Grossman debate a few years ago.He got his team to a Superbowl but it never made him a good QB and it still holds water today with him.
That's a very good point and there's no question Tebow's future is uncertain. I think the primary point of emphasis is that his present is looking pretty damn good again and it's looked pretty good for the most part this season. He's done well as a starter. Where he goes from here and how good he ultimately becomes remains to be seen.

Great win for Denver no doubt but no Keisel, no Hampton, no Clark, no Mendenhall not to mention gimpy Pouncey and Big Ben. It was a nice win but they didn't beat last years Super Bowl runner-up exactly.

Denver was down Decker, that's it and Thomas has always been the far superior receiver even if not so many people recognize that. It was a nice win and good for Tebow for averaging 15 yards/attempt and 31 yards/completion, but it was still 47.6% completions (another sub 50% game) and none of those numbers will not be sustainable in the NFL for long. I guess I could be wrong about that but it hasn't happened in the modern era so IMO it won't happen now. He is going to need to show big improvements in his accuracy before I think he will be a big time difference maker at QB. Right now when he is at his best he is the kind of guy who will pull out close games more often than not but he also will not yet be the guy who will bring his team back from big deficits or create insurmountable leads against an opponent.

All I'm saying is let's not close the book on his career, in any way, this year. Regardless of what happens next week we all need to take a step back and wait until he has a full season under his belt (preferably three) before we can really see everything he brings to the table.

Tebow has not proven that he's a good NFL QB or a player who can consistently lead a team to the playoffs
You do realize that this is his first (nearly full) season as a starter, right? So he's 1-for-1 in terms of leading teams to the playoffs. That's not a bad start.
Especially since he was given the reigns at 1-4.They were lucky to be in a the terrible division for sure, but winning 6 in a row did not hurt either. And winning your first playoff game in pretty impressive fashion against a good defense certainly proves something.

Users who are viewing this thread