What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

anybody watching this guy getting ready to cross Niagara Falls (1 Viewer)

Boycotting. Think it's deplorable to show this live. I know the guy understands the risks, and its his chosen career and he's a "professional," but this will be incredibly traumatizing to kids (and adults) watching if he falls. Network encouraging this is wrong IMO.

Boycotting. Think it's deplorable to show this live. I know the guy understands the risks, and its his chosen career and he's a "professional," but this will be incredibly traumatizing to kids (and adults) watching if he falls. Network encouraging this is wrong IMO.
Again, he is wearing a harness.

It's really hard to fall with a 40# balance pole. He would basically have to step off the wire on purpose

his wife and kids are there watching live. he's not going to fall.

It's really hard to fall with a 40# balance pole. He would basically have to step off the wire on purpose
His great grandfather fell and died.
Was that the guy in South America? I remember that from when I was a kid. Like I said, traumatizing. Stuff of nightmares. They have it on video.
I think it was in Puerto Rico.Was a walk between buildings IIRC.
I remember seeing that when I was maybe 10. Wasn't easy to shake. Guy started quivering on the wire, tried to take a knee, then tried to grab the wire and then fell.

Is it just me or is the coverage for this almost over-the-toply akin to a major sporting event? Like isn't that the dude from Good Morning America? Not that I'm not still watching, although it became a bit less dramatic and is-this-real-life-ish when I just found out he has a safety harness on, but it just seems really weird and forced.

Was that the guy in South America? I remember that from when I was a kid. Like I said, traumatizing. Stuff of nightmares. They have it on video.
I remember seeing that when I was maybe 10. Wasn't easy to shake. Guy started quivering on the wire, tried to take a knee, then tried to grab the wire and then fell.
I remember it well also, unfortunately. Bounced off a car.

Be sure before you click it...

Great. Now I'm traumatized for life all over again. Hope this guy doesn't fall and hit a car.

He'll get near the finish then fake a stumble to make it look like he's about to fall only to right himself. Same guy did the same shtick in Baltimore's Inner Harbor last month

when they first showed the wife for a second in her flesh colored dress, I thought she was nude. That would have been way better than watching the guy on the wire

Users who are viewing this thread