What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring with recpts 2pts for 8-10 & 3pts for for 11+, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

My team

QB's- J. Freeman, M. Stafford

WR's- D. Williams, M. Ingram, B. Wells, R. Williams, B. Jacobs, T. Hightower, S. Vereen

WR's- C. Johnson, H. Nicks, M. Crabtree, D. Bryant, R. Moss, J. Lestar

TE's- K. Winslow, A. Hernandez

Picks 1.10, 2.11 & 3.11.

Have been offered the 1.01 for Wells, Williams, Freeman and 1.10 would draft Richardson with the 1.01 is this a no brainer trade.

Hello Jeff,Two 12 team Leagues Redraft: 1Qb,2Rb,3Wr,1flex,1te the other is just 2wr and 2rb plus flex positionI'll be drafting from the eight hole and the tenth on the second one(it has just 2wrs)I just need you ideas on what you would do. Keep going back and forth about certain rb's like:Charles,Murray,MJD....figure can come out with Two stud Wr's after four rounds...but figure need 1 rb minimum.Your thoughts ALWAYS appreciated!Take care!
The RB position is much shallower than the WRs this year so I might look at going RB/RB this year with MJD (try to get Jennings later) and either Murray or Charles in round two. The injuries have made the RB position a mess for those who wait on RB1//RB2
That's what I thought! What do you think about Forte?Thoughts on Tamme,Pettigrew this year?
Not as high on Forte as in years past with Michael Bush brought in to vulture TDs.Love Tamme, but think Pettigrew will be overdrafted. Also, Tony Gonzalez seems to be cheap this year.
And one More Thomas vs Decker....lotta folks talking about chemistry between decker and Manning(of course talking ppr)

Hey Jeff. Glad to be back!!!

Draft tonight, picking 8th. 10 team Keeper League with PPR and PPC.

I'm keeping Matt Stafford (10th rd) and Hakeem Nicks (6th rd).

Order looks like this:

1. Rodgers

2. Rice

4. Brady

7. Calvin

8. ?????????????

9. Brees

Other players kept: Welker, McCoy, Sproles, Foster, Forte, Newton, Cruz, S. Smith, J Jones, Big Ben, Bradshawm DMC, Green, Graham, Gronk.

Most common strategy this year looks to be get a QB early, top flight RB or TE and wait on WRs. I have my QB and a WR1. Problem is, I'm looking at MJD, Matthews, Richardson, Murray with my first pick most likely. Each has some sort of issue attached. Do I just go with a Roddy or Fitz in the first and get next best WR in the 2nd (Andre, Jennings, Marshall) followed by 3-4 mid range RBs?

I'm really liking SJax, Charles, BJGE. . .

Also, would I be crazy to take AP in the 1st or 2nd?

Need some direction as I'm torn on this years strategy.

THANKS!

One of the other owners in my keep-5 league is looking for a trade because he has more potential keepers than he can keep (although I'd argue that some are borderline). 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE. Standard scoring, with 4 PaTD and 1 point per receiving first down. $260 total budget, 5 keepers allowed (salaries escalate yearly).

The players I'm potentially interested in: Brady ($78), Fred Jackson ($39), Marshawn Lynch ($36), Aaron Hernandez ($1 - TE's are severely undervalued in this league, so it's not that much of a steal), Steve Smith - Car ($5), Jordy Nelson ($1)

My potential keepers: Michael Vick ($47), Ben Roethlisberger ($43), Jonathan Stewart ($7), Jacquizz Rodgers ($1), Hakeen Nicks ($25), Santonio Holmes ($11).

His preference is for an upgrade where he trades away more players than he gets in return, so either 2-for-1 or 3-for-2. Brady is basically at market value, but I'm pretty high on him this year, especially if I can pair him with Vick, and Hernandez would be the other prime target. I'd prefer to keep Vick and Rodgers unless I get a great deal for them. I don't think he's particularly high on Stewart, even though he's my best value compared to ADP.

Potential trades I've come up with:

Fred Jackson ($39) and Hernandez ($1) for either Stewart ($7) or Nicks ($25). Jackson isn't a deal, but that's about what I was planning on spending on an RB1, and that gets me a slight upgrade in TE over what I'd likely get.

Brady ($78) and two out of Hernandez ($1), Lynch ($36) or Smith ($5) for two out of Ben Roethlisberger ($43), Stewart ($7) or Nicks ($25).

Are these reasonable trades? Do they help me? Do you see a better option that might improve my team more?

Edit for clarity

Last edited by a moderator:
14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 Flex

My Team

QB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck

RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory

Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress

TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez

K- M. Crobsy

DEF- Chicago

Please list the following players in the order you would draft with my team K. Wright, S. Hill, C. Fleener, A. Jeffery, R, Randle, R. Tannehill & J Criner.

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring with recpts 2pts for 8-10 & 3pts for for 11+, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 Flex (RB, WR, TE)My teamQB's- J. Freeman, M. Stafford WR's- D. Williams, M. Ingram, B. Wells, R. Williams, B. Jacobs, T. Hightower, S. Vereen WR's- C. Johnson, H. Nicks, M. Crabtree, D. Bryant, R. Moss, J. Lestar TE's- K. Winslow, A. Hernandez Picks 1.10, 2.11 & 3.11.Have been offered the 1.01 for Wells, Williams, Freeman and 1.10 would draft Richardson with the 1.01 is this a no brainer trade.
no brainer ... easy accept

Hello Jeff,Two 12 team Leagues Redraft: 1Qb,2Rb,3Wr,1flex,1te the other is just 2wr and 2rb plus flex positionI'll be drafting from the eight hole and the tenth on the second one(it has just 2wrs)I just need you ideas on what you would do. Keep going back and forth about certain rb's like:Charles,Murray,MJD....figure can come out with Two stud Wr's after four rounds...but figure need 1 rb minimum.Your thoughts ALWAYS appreciated!Take care!
The RB position is much shallower than the WRs this year so I might look at going RB/RB this year with MJD (try to get Jennings later) and either Murray or Charles in round two. The injuries have made the RB position a mess for those who wait on RB1//RB2
That's what I thought! What do you think about Forte?Thoughts on Tamme,Pettigrew this year?
Not as high on Forte as in years past with Michael Bush brought in to vulture TDs.Love Tamme, but think Pettigrew will be overdrafted. Also, Tony Gonzalez seems to be cheap this year.
And one More Thomas vs Decker....lotta folks talking about chemistry between decker and Manning(of course talking ppr)
I like them equally, but Decker is MUCH cheaper in the drafts I have been in

Hey Jeff. Glad to be back!!!Draft tonight, picking 8th. 10 team Keeper League with PPR and PPC. I'm keeping Matt Stafford (10th rd) and Hakeem Nicks (6th rd).Order looks like this:1. Rodgers2. Rice3.4. Brady5.6.7. Calvin8. ?????????????9. Brees10.Other players kept: Welker, McCoy, Sproles, Foster, Forte, Newton, Cruz, S. Smith, J Jones, Big Ben, Bradshawm DMC, Green, Graham, Gronk.Most common strategy this year looks to be get a QB early, top flight RB or TE and wait on WRs. I have my QB and a WR1. Problem is, I'm looking at MJD, Matthews, Richardson, Murray with my first pick most likely. Each has some sort of issue attached. Do I just go with a Roddy or Fitz in the first and get next best WR in the 2nd (Andre, Jennings, Marshall) followed by 3-4 mid range RBs?I'm really liking SJax, Charles, BJGE. . .Also, would I be crazy to take AP in the 1st or 2nd? Need some direction as I'm torn on this years strategy.THANKS!
I would go RB/RB in the 1/2 then load up on WRs from 3rd-5th rounds. The RBs will fall off quickly this year.

One of the other owners in my keep-5 league is looking for a trade because he has more potential keepers than he can keep (although I'd argue that some are borderline). 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE. Standard scoring, with 4 PaTD and 1 point per receiving first down. $260 total budget, 5 keepers allowed (salaries escalate yearly).

The players I'm potentially interested in: Brady ($78), Fred Jackson ($39), Marshawn Lynch ($36), Aaron Hernandez ($1 - TE's are severely undervalued in this league, so it's not that much of a steal), Steve Smith - Car ($5), Jordy Nelson ($1)

My potential keepers: Michael Vick ($47), Ben Roethlisberger ($43), Jonathan Stewart ($7), Jacquizz Rodgers ($1), Hakeen Nicks ($25), Santonio Holmes ($11).

His preference is for an upgrade where he trades away more players than he gets in return, so either 2-for-1 or 3-for-2. Brady is basically at market value, but I'm pretty high on him this year, especially if I can pair him with Vick, and Hernandez would be the other prime target. I'd prefer to keep Vick and Rodgers unless I get a great deal for them. I don't think he's particularly high on Stewart, even though he's my best value compared to ADP.

Potential trades I've come up with:

Fred Jackson ($39) and Hernandez ($1) for either Stewart ($7) or Nicks ($25). Jackson isn't a deal, but that's about what I was planning on spending on an RB1, and that gets me a slight upgrade in TE over what I'd likely get.

Brady ($78) and two out of Hernandez ($1), Lynch ($36) or Smith ($5) for two out of Ben Roethlisberger ($43), Stewart ($7) or Nicks ($25).

Are these reasonable trades? Do they help me? Do you see a better option that might improve my team more?

Edit for clarity
They are reasonable trades. Looking at the values, Nelson would be a steal, too.

14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 FlexMy TeamQB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez K- M. Crobsy DEF- Chicago Please list the following players in the order you would draft with my team K. Wright, S. Hill, C. Fleener, A. Jeffery, R, Randle, R. Tannehill & J Criner.
WrightRandleTannehillHillJeffreyFleenercriner (distant last)

In a start 2QB's league , 16 teams and already have M. Vick. Who would you draft from Rivers, Romo, Chris Johnson, Fitz or Forte. Scoring all TD's 6pts and PPR for WR's 1pt and TE's 2pt. All 4 top TE's are gone and we just finished the 1st round.Wondering if I should go with another QB since it is a start 2 QB league or should I roll with Chris Johnson.
Well was on the clock when I got up this morning so went with Rivers since it is a 2 QB start league eventhough I know I will not have anything at RB or WR my next pick. So do you think I made the right move everyone listed above was still on the board.
I would have suggested QB as well. I would go RB next round. There are decent choices like Charles/Lynch/Forte/Murray and one usually slips through
Well none of those RB's made it back to me so drafted Roddy White instead then came back with Ahmad Bradshaw so don't really like my top RB but would have never got White with my 4th round pick since every team after me took a WR so think I did the right thing by taking the best WR available.

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring with recpts 2pts for 8-10 & 3pts for for 11+, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 Flex (RB, WR, TE)My teamQB's- J. Freeman, M. Stafford WR's- D. Williams, M. Ingram, B. Wells, R. Williams, B. Jacobs, T. Hightower, S. Vereen WR's- C. Johnson, H. Nicks, M. Crabtree, D. Bryant, R. Moss, J. Lestar TE's- K. Winslow, A. Hernandez Picks 1.10, 2.11 & 3.11.Have been offered the 1.01 for Wells, Williams, Freeman and 1.10 would draft Richardson with the 1.01 is this a no brainer trade.
I did do the trade and picked Trent Richardson the only thing I did not like is giving up my backup QB since there are not many starting QB's on the FA list only one out there is Matt Cassel which don't know if he will last until the 2.11 pick since three other teams only have one QB. I have looked at some other rosters and there are a few that have three starting QB's so might be able to make a trade what would you be willing to give up for some of the following QB's. Alex SmithSam BradfordRyan FitzpatrickCarson PalmerBlaine GabbertAlso an option to at least cover me is Shaun Hill is still out there could draft him in the last round of our rookie draft for insurance of Stafford.

'Packers4ever said:
I did do the trade and picked Trent Richardson the only thing I did not like is giving up my backup QB since there are not many starting QB's on the FA list only one out there is Matt Cassel which don't know if he will last until the 2.11 pick since three other teams only have one QB. I have looked at some other rosters and there are a few that have three starting QB's so might be able to make a trade what would you be willing to give up for some of the following QB's. Alex SmithSam BradfordRyan FitzpatrickCarson PalmerBlaine GabbertAlso an option to at least cover me is Shaun Hill is still out there could draft him in the last round of our rookie draft for insurance of Stafford.
I would just pick up Hill late for insurance and wait until a QB injury to pick up a QB. Happens every year. If something happens to Stafford, Hill is better than these.

I have 7th pick

10 team, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/OpenFlex(QB able), espn standard scoring (4pt Pass TD) Max 2 keepers

Have Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham, Marshawn Lynch, Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger as potential keepers. If I keep 1, I lose a 1st round pick if I keep 2, I lose both my first and second picks.

I can potentially play 2QBs and many are going to keep QBs and stud RBs.

Who would you keep? And considering I have Megatron and Graham, should I draft upside down and go for RBs like Hillis and Martin and Smith?

What strategy would you employ?

Thank you so very much or your time!

I have 7th pick10 team, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/OpenFlex(QB able), espn standard scoring (4pt Pass TD) Max 2 keepersHave Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham, Marshawn Lynch, Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger as potential keepers. If I keep 1, I lose a 1st round pick if I keep 2, I lose both my first and second picks.I can potentially play 2QBs and many are going to keep QBs and stud RBs.Who would you keep? And considering I have Megatron and Graham, should I draft upside down and go for RBs like Hillis and Martin and Smith?What strategy would you employ?Thank you so very much or your time!
I would keep Graham and Johnson as well and hope for Martin/Bradshaw, etc at RB and Ryan or Eli at QB.

I have 7th pick10 team, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/OpenFlex(QB able), espn standard scoring (4pt Pass TD) Max 2 keepersHave Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham, Marshawn Lynch, Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger as potential keepers. If I keep 1, I lose a 1st round pick if I keep 2, I lose both my first and second picks.I can potentially play 2QBs and many are going to keep QBs and stud RBs.Who would you keep? And considering I have Megatron and Graham, should I draft upside down and go for RBs like Hillis and Martin and Smith?What strategy would you employ?Thank you so very much or your time!
I would keep Graham and Johnson as well and hope for Martin/Bradshaw, etc at RB and Ryan or Eli at QB.
What if i told you i could trade Megatron for Cam Newton? Considering this is a 2 QB able league, do you think that would be worth it? I think it might be a strong possibility for me. :)

'Bobble Fett said:
What if i told you i could trade Megatron for Cam Newton? Considering this is a 2 QB able league, do you think that would be worth it? I think it might be a strong possibility for me. :)
Well, i just made the trade. :) Couldn't pass up the importance of having one beastly QB tucked away in a keeper spot. Question is. Do i keep Lynch or Graham along with him1?!?.... DECISIONS DECISIONS!

'Bobble Fett said:
I would take CAM over Calvin in a 2QB keeper league.

Jeff,What do you think about Chris Johnson this year?And what are you hearing on MJD?THanks Sir
Mixed reviews of Johnson. As long as he is healthy, Johnson's receptions will make him a Top 5 rb.MJD: I think he comes back before week one, but hard to tell. The team has him over a barrell
Who's some others besides MJD heading toward second round?
Peterson, Richardson, MJD, and C Johnson are the ones I am targeting.

Just finished an auction in a 10 team redraft league, and I've already been offered a couple of trades. Here's my team:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer

RB: Arian Foster, Ryan Matthews, Marshawn Lynch, Rashard Mendenhall, Toby Gerhart, LeGarrette Blount, Kendall Hunter, Jacquizz Rodgers, Shane Vereen

WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Mike Williams (TB), Nate Washington, Lance Moore, Jacoby Ford, Austin Collie

TE: Greg Olsen

We get 10 pts for all TDs, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 20 yards passing, and 1 PPR.

I was offered the following two trades:

I give AJ Green, Kendall Hunter, and Greg Olsen and Receive Roddy White and Antonio Gates

I give Rashard Mendenhall and receive Steven Ridley

The first trade is a Bengals homer that has Frank Gore, and the second guy has Issac Redman and wants Mendy. Would you do either or both of these trades?

Jeff,

Would your roll with RG111 and has Rivers stock changed any for you lately? I like Ryan, but he seems to be shooting up the draft boards.

Thanks,

Rob

10 team keeper league standard scoring, No PPR, start 1 QB, 2RB's, 3WR, 1 TE

Already have 1.01 and will be drafting Richardson.

My team

QB's- M. Stafford

RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, W. McGahee

WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, AJ Green

TE's- A. Hernandez

Which player would you trade for the #2 pick. I know McGahee, Turner, or V. Jackson I would do but don't think I would trade any of the other players.

The team with the number 2 pick ask what I would give him for it so what do you think.

Hi Jeff, it's been awhile. I am very torn, so hoping for some input.12 team league, 6 keepers..normal starters.TDs - 6pts w/ bonus for longer TDsBrees, Rice, McFadden, Nicks, VJax,& Colston-keepersWhile I think the consensus is that Richardson is the next great RB, how large of a gap do you see between him & Martin? I am loaded w/ early picks (1.02, 1.07, 1.08, 2-2nds, & 3-3rds) so I have been discussing possible deals.I could deal for AJ Green, & still hold onto 1.02 for Martin, or does Richardson hold enough value that I deal for only the 1.01?Also, very high on Antonio Brown this year, your thoughts?
I would try to get AJGreen if you can ... without losing Brees or Rice. I think you'd be ok going with Martin. Even if there is a difference between he and Richardson, I would not overpay since you have strong keepers.I like Brown more if/when Wallace returns. He does well with Wallace getting all of the attention. I expect Brown to be a Top 20 WR again this year
Good morning Jeff,I was also debating about going after Graham or Gronk, do you have a favorite & how do you view their value to each other? Also, would having Brees & Colston (not every week starter) effect who you would go after? Thanks in advance.

Hey Jeff: keeper question. 10 team, standard lineup, .5ppr. Keep three with one rookie. I'm keeping Ray Rice and Ridley. Who do you like out of the following:

Stafford

Jordy

Lynch

Roddy

Thanks

Just finished an auction in a 10 team redraft league, and I've already been offered a couple of trades. Here's my team:QB: Aaron Rodgers, Carson PalmerRB: Arian Foster, Ryan Matthews, Marshawn Lynch, Rashard Mendenhall, Toby Gerhart, LeGarrette Blount, Kendall Hunter, Jacquizz Rodgers, Shane VereenWR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Mike Williams (TB), Nate Washington, Lance Moore, Jacoby Ford, Austin CollieTE: Greg OlsenWe get 10 pts for all TDs, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 20 yards passing, and 1 PPR.I was offered the following two trades:I give AJ Green, Kendall Hunter, and Greg Olsen and Receive Roddy White and Antonio GatesI give Rashard Mendenhall and receive Steven RidleyThe first trade is a Bengals homer that has Frank Gore, and the second guy has Issac Redman and wants Mendy. Would you do either or both of these trades?
I like the Green/White deal since you get a big TE upgrade and the Ridley deal is lopsided in your favor

Jeff,Would your roll with RG111 and has Rivers stock changed any for you lately? I like Ryan, but he seems to be shooting up the draft boards.Thanks,Rob
I still like Rivers. I have a tough time relying on a rookie QB since most have trouble transitioning to the pro game. Before Cam last year, none were QB1 for fantasy for several years.

10 team keeper league standard scoring, No PPR, start 1 QB, 2RB's, 3WR, 1 TEAlready have 1.01 and will be drafting Richardson.My teamQB's- M. Stafford RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, W. McGahee WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, AJ Green TE's- A. Hernandez Which player would you trade for the #2 pick. I know McGahee, Turner, or V. Jackson I would do but don't think I would trade any of the other players.The team with the number 2 pick ask what I would give him for it so what do you think.
I would trade any but Stafford, McFadden, Jennngs, Green, and possibly Hernandez. May offer all three of McGahee, Turner, and VJax or Hernandez

Hi Jeff, it's been awhile. I am very torn, so hoping for some input.12 team league, 6 keepers..normal starters.TDs - 6pts w/ bonus for longer TDsBrees, Rice, McFadden, Nicks, VJax,& Colston-keepersWhile I think the consensus is that Richardson is the next great RB, how large of a gap do you see between him & Martin? I am loaded w/ early picks (1.02, 1.07, 1.08, 2-2nds, & 3-3rds) so I have been discussing possible deals.I could deal for AJ Green, & still hold onto 1.02 for Martin, or does Richardson hold enough value that I deal for only the 1.01?Also, very high on Antonio Brown this year, your thoughts?
I would try to get AJGreen if you can ... without losing Brees or Rice. I think you'd be ok going with Martin. Even if there is a difference between he and Richardson, I would not overpay since you have strong keepers.I like Brown more if/when Wallace returns. He does well with Wallace getting all of the attention. I expect Brown to be a Top 20 WR again this year
Good morning Jeff,I was also debating about going after Graham or Gronk, do you have a favorite & how do you view their value to each other? Also, would having Brees & Colston (not every week starter) effect who you would go after? Thanks in advance.
I like Graham more than Gronk and Brees/Colston has no effect. Earlier in this huge thread, there is a statistical analysis by Doug Drinen on the topic.

10 team keeper league standard scoring, No PPR, start 1 QB, 2RB's, 3WR, 1 TEAlready have 1.01 and will be drafting Richardson.My teamQB's- M. Stafford RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, W. McGahee WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, AJ Green TE's- A. Hernandez Which player would you trade for the #2 pick. I know McGahee, Turner, or V. Jackson I would do but don't think I would trade any of the other players.The team with the number 2 pick ask what I would give him for it so what do you think.
I would trade any but Stafford, McFadden, Jennngs, Green, and possibly Hernandez. May offer all three of McGahee, Turner, and VJax or Hernandez
So who would you take Martin.

Jeff,Would your roll with RG111 and has Rivers stock changed any for you lately? I like Ryan, but he seems to be shooting up the draft boards.Thanks,Rob
I still like Rivers. I have a tough time relying on a rookie QB since most have trouble transitioning to the pro game. Before Cam last year, none were QB1 for fantasy for several years.
Jeff, Is there some place that shows your rankings...like Mjd,Johnson,Charles,Tent,Murray,etc.....FBG has Murray way up there....???Thanks

Jeff,

Here's my first draft of the year picking from the 4th in a 12 team redraft league:

Murray

Charles

Green

FJackson

Bryant

Rivers

Griffin 111

Heyward Bey

Hillis

Tamme

Celek

LaFell

Patriot

Hartley

Nelson

Powell

Hartley

This is just a friends and family league.....I like my running backs a lot. I have another one this afternoon.

'bighead2000 said:
Jeff,Here's my first draft of the year picking from the 4th in a 12 team redraft league:MurrayCharlesGreenFJacksonBryantRiversGriffin 111Heyward BeyHillisTammeCelekLaFellPatriotHartleyNelsonPowellHartleyThis is just a friends and family league.....I like my running backs a lot. I have another one this afternoon.
Would you rather have hunter or powell this year?

Hi Jeff, 1QB, 2WR, 2RB,1FLEX, 1TE

REDRAFT....FROM 10 HOLE

1. MURRAY

2. CHARLES

3. NELSON

4. BRYANT

5. VICK

6. D. BROWN

7. F. DAVIS

8. D. MOORE

9. REDMAN

10.BOLDIN

11.SCHAUB

12. LAfELL

13. BALDWIN

14. HUNTER OR CAN GET POWELL

15. JETS

16. HARTLEY

WHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS TEAM...NOTE WE ONLY START 2WR

One other question is who are some rb/wr's your avoiding like Matthews/McFadden for instance?

THANKS

Hey Jeff,

Just finished up a 12 team PPR draft from the 8th slot, scoring is as follows:

1 pt per 20 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 pt per reception for all positions

6 pts for all TDs

-2 per INT

-2 per fumble

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

Can only roster double the starting totals

My team

QB: Schaub(8.05), Big Ben(9.08)

RB: McFadden (1.08), Chris Johnson(2.05), Ryan Mathews(5.08), Ryan Williams(11.08)

WR: Brandon Marshall(3.08), Percy Harvin(4.05), Steve Johnson(7.08), Lance Moore(13.08)

TE: Brandon Pettigrew(6.05), Jermaine Gresham(12.05)

Def: Philly(10.05)

K: Hansen(14.05)

The guy that was drafting in the 7th slot really wanted Percy Harvin and wants to make a trade. It's on me to make the first offer...his team is below...I still can't believe he got McCoy in the 7th slot...

QB: Rivers(5.07), Flacco(11.07)

RB: McCoy (1.07), Sproles(4.06), Johnathon Stewart(9.07), David Wilson(12.06)

WR: Roddy White(3.07), Dwayne Bowe(6.06), Pierre Garcon(7.07), Antonio Brown(8.06)

TE: Jimmy Graham(2.06), Martellus Bennett(14.06)

Def: New England(10.06)

K: Janikowski(13.07)

We have to two strongest teams in the league so I don't want to make him significantly stronger than me, but I'd like to upgrade McFadden for McCoy...

Should I just leave it alone?

I was thinking something like this...

Rivers, McCoy, Antonio Brown

For

Schaub, McFadden, Harvin

Any thoughts?

*Update*

He offered Roddy White for Harvin straight up...I'm tempted to do it.

I just completed a draft in a 14 team league, standard scoring(non-ppr).

My Team:

QB: Michael Vick

RB: Matt Forte

RB: Jamaal Charles

WR: Victor Cruz

WR: Vincent Jackson

Flex: Donald Brown

TE: Fred Davis

Bench: Ryan Williams, Greg Little, Carson Palmer, Evan Royster, Russell Wilson, Mikel Leshoure, Alshon Jeffery

A guy in my league has Owen Daniels as his starting TE and stated that he would like an upgrade. I asked him during the draft if he had interest in Fred Davis and was willing to move Roy Helu in a deal since I drafted Royster and he said yes. I figure that having both Helu and Royster likely guarantees me the starting WAS RB for most weeks and a solid flex play.

I was thinking of offering the following trade:

I give: Fred Davis, Alshon Jeffery, Mikel Leshoure

I would receive: Roy Helu, Owen Daniels and maaybe also getting him to add a WR3 like Boldin or Moore(preferably Moore)

Is this a good move for my team and is there a reasonable chance that he will accept this trade? Is it too much to ask for Moore on top?

Thanks in advance!

Thoughts on my team?

10 team, no-ppr, yahoo scoring, start QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 2 flex, K, D

QB: Ryan (7), Roethlisberger (12)

RB: Forte (2), Gore (5), D-Will (8), Ryan Williams (9), Jacquizz (10), Leshoure (15), Mendenhall (14)

WR: Megatron (1), Julio (3), AJ Green (4), Dez (6), Little (11)

K: Bailey (16)

D: Philly DST (13)

My biggest complaints are missing out on Hunter and especially Michael Bush. The second flex spot may be an issue if one of my fliers @ RB don't step up. Ryan better not suck this year.

.5ppr we start 1 each qb, rb, wr, te w/ 2 flex, 1 each lb, dl, db and k. qb's do get 5 pts for td's but other than that pretty standard scoring. Just looking to see if you would make any changes to my team this year preseason. Obvious my weakness is QB and RB. The two moves I could possibly see are to drop Powell for either Tanner or Jacobs-that way I have a starter for sure in Dallas or if Gore goes down. Or maybe adding Tebow as a lottery pick and dropping DJ Smith.

qb

Rivers, Palmer

(available are Sanchez, Tebow, Skelton, Kolb, Bradford, Weedon, Tannehill)

RB's Murray, Richardson, Ingram, Felix Jones, Kendall Hunter, Bilal Powell.

(available are Phillip Tanner, Brandon Jacobs, Dryer, Kieland Williams)

WR Calvin Johnson, Steve Johnson, Roddy White, Heyward-Bey, Alshon Jeffery

(no need to go for anyone here)

TE Gronkowski, Fleener

(no need to go for anyone here)

I have JPP for DL, Kam Chancellor for DB, Prater Kicker and 2 LB's D'qwell Jackson and D.J. Smith

So who would you take Martin.
Yes, I like Martin a lot

Jeff, Is there some place that shows your rankings...like Mjd,Johnson,Charles,Tent,Murray,etc.....FBG has Murray way up there....???Thanks
I update my rankings almost weekly. I have MJD very high, and Murray last of that group. I think Richardson and Charles are somehow underrated this season

Jeff,Here's my first draft of the year picking from the 4th in a 12 team redraft league:MurrayCharlesGreenFJacksonBryantRiversGriffin 111Heyward BeyHillisTammeCelekLaFellPatriotHartleyNelsonPowellHartleyThis is just a friends and family league.....I like my running backs a lot. I have another one this afternoon.
Given the WRs available in rounds 3+, this is why I suggest taking RB/RB this year

Would you rather have hunter or powell this year?
Hunter .. more upside

Hi Jeff, 1QB, 2WR, 2RB,1FLEX, 1TEREDRAFT....FROM 10 HOLE 1. MURRAY2. CHARLES3. NELSON4. BRYANT5. VICK6. D. BROWN7. F. DAVIS8. D. MOORE9. REDMAN10.BOLDIN11.SCHAUB12. LAfELL13. BALDWIN14. HUNTER OR CAN GET POWELL15. JETS16. HARTLEYWHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS TEAM...NOTE WE ONLY START 2WROne other question is who are some rb/wr's your avoiding like Matthews/McFadden for instance?THANKS
Since you only start two WRs, I would look for upside bench players at rb/wr (Vincent Brown, Hunter, J Rodgers, K Wright, etc)Also, I am avoiding McFadden and Mathews like the plague. Too much risk unless in the mid 2nd or later .... rather have Peterson

Hey Jeff,Just finished up a 12 team PPR draft from the 8th slot, scoring is as follows:1 pt per 20 yards passing1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per reception for all positions6 pts for all TDs-2 per INT-2 per fumbleStart 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 KCan only roster double the starting totalsMy teamQB: Schaub(8.05), Big Ben(9.08)RB: McFadden (1.08), Chris Johnson(2.05), Ryan Mathews(5.08), Ryan Williams(11.08)WR: Brandon Marshall(3.08), Percy Harvin(4.05), Steve Johnson(7.08), Lance Moore(13.08)TE: Brandon Pettigrew(6.05), Jermaine Gresham(12.05)Def: Philly(10.05)K: Hansen(14.05)The guy that was drafting in the 7th slot really wanted Percy Harvin and wants to make a trade. It's on me to make the first offer...his team is below...I still can't believe he got McCoy in the 7th slot...QB: Rivers(5.07), Flacco(11.07)RB: McCoy (1.07), Sproles(4.06), Johnathon Stewart(9.07), David Wilson(12.06)WR: Roddy White(3.07), Dwayne Bowe(6.06), Pierre Garcon(7.07), Antonio Brown(8.06)TE: Jimmy Graham(2.06), Martellus Bennett(14.06)Def: New England(10.06)K: Janikowski(13.07)We have to two strongest teams in the league so I don't want to make him significantly stronger than me, but I'd like to upgrade McFadden for McCoy...Should I just leave it alone?I was thinking something like this...Rivers, McCoy, Antonio BrownForSchaub, McFadden, HarvinAny thoughts?*Update*He offered Roddy White for Harvin straight up...I'm tempted to do it.
I like WHite for Harvin straight up but might offer McFadden/Harvin for McCoy/Bowe first.

I just completed a draft in a 14 team league, standard scoring(non-ppr).My Team:QB: Michael VickRB: Matt ForteRB: Jamaal CharlesWR: Victor CruzWR: Vincent JacksonFlex: Donald BrownTE: Fred DavisBench: Ryan Williams, Greg Little, Carson Palmer, Evan Royster, Russell Wilson, Mikel Leshoure, Alshon JefferyA guy in my league has Owen Daniels as his starting TE and stated that he would like an upgrade. I asked him during the draft if he had interest in Fred Davis and was willing to move Roy Helu in a deal since I drafted Royster and he said yes. I figure that having both Helu and Royster likely guarantees me the starting WAS RB for most weeks and a solid flex play. I was thinking of offering the following trade:I give: Fred Davis, Alshon Jeffery, Mikel LeshoureI would receive: Roy Helu, Owen Daniels and maaybe also getting him to add a WR3 like Boldin or Moore(preferably Moore)Is this a good move for my team and is there a reasonable chance that he will accept this trade? Is it too much to ask for Moore on top?Thanks in advance!
I would avoid investing too much into the WASH run game ....could be a mess. Plus, from what I have read, Daniels may not have a huge role this season

Thoughts on my team?10 team, no-ppr, yahoo scoring, start QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 2 flex, K, DQB: Ryan (7), Roethlisberger (12)RB: Forte (2), Gore (5), D-Will (8), Ryan Williams (9), Jacquizz (10), Leshoure (15), Mendenhall (14)WR: Megatron (1), Julio (3), AJ Green (4), Dez (6), Little (11)K: Bailey (16)D: Philly DST (13)My biggest complaints are missing out on Hunter and especially Michael Bush. The second flex spot may be an issue if one of my fliers @ RB don't step up. Ryan better not suck this year.
I think your RBs will be ok. I really like one of Williams/Leshoure to have a big year

.5ppr we start 1 each qb, rb, wr, te w/ 2 flex, 1 each lb, dl, db and k. qb's do get 5 pts for td's but other than that pretty standard scoring. Just looking to see if you would make any changes to my team this year preseason. Obvious my weakness is QB and RB. The two moves I could possibly see are to drop Powell for either Tanner or Jacobs-that way I have a starter for sure in Dallas or if Gore goes down. Or maybe adding Tebow as a lottery pick and dropping DJ Smith.qbRivers, Palmer(available are Sanchez, Tebow, Skelton, Kolb, Bradford, Weedon, Tannehill)RB's Murray, Richardson, Ingram, Felix Jones, Kendall Hunter, Bilal Powell.(available are Phillip Tanner, Brandon Jacobs, Dryer, Kieland Williams)WR Calvin Johnson, Steve Johnson, Roddy White, Heyward-Bey, Alshon Jeffery(no need to go for anyone here)TE Gronkowski, Fleener (no need to go for anyone here)I have JPP for DL, Kam Chancellor for DB, Prater Kicker and 2 LB's D'qwell Jackson and D.J. Smith
I think your team is in good shape. The players I would watch in week one are Palmer (if he flops, pick up Russell Wilson), and may look to pick up J Dwyer and drop Fleener as long as you can pick up a a TE2 midseason. Get the upside at RB

Users who are viewing this thread