What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (1 Viewer)

So how does Clay come to control the nomads? Aren't they...nomads?
Didn't Jax say the Nomad charter was folding? My guess is Clay told them "you're losing your patch...join me and keep it, but you have to do what I say" or something like that. Other Nomads could have gone to smaller biker groups, Tacoma, Arizona, or who knows/cares.

Jeff Winger from Greendale community college is gonna pick up AND SCORE with Gemma aka Katey Segal aka big red Aka Peg Bundy. NO WAY. That's not believable at all. I think I'm done with this show. They're reaching too much now. Of course I have to keep watching every episode just to see how it ends. Of course I have to come in here and tell people it's jumped the shark, but I'm done watching this as soon as the series ends.

Jeff Winger from Greendale community college is gonna pick up AND SCORE with Gemma aka Katey Segal aka big red Aka Peg Bundy. NO WAY. That's not believable at all. I think I'm done with this show. They're reaching too much now. Of course I have to keep watching every episode just to see how it ends. Of course I have to come in here and tell people it's jumped the shark, but I'm done watching this as soon as the series ends.
Only knew that guy from the Soup. Meh, Gemma's story is fast forward worthy. On a side note, I half believed Tara was going to go down for that scene and Otto would have still said he's not doing it when she was done.

I am 96% sure posts like this are shtick, but there's a little bit of me that's always a bit doubtful.

I like the show, but its becoming less and less character driven by the episode. It's like they have a quota for adding in car wrecks and motorcycle wrecks and shoot outs and double crosses.

I like the show, but its becoming less and less character driven by the episode. It's like they have a quota for adding in car wrecks and motorcycle wrecks and shoot outs and double crosses.
Agreed. Ingredients for current episodes of SOA:1) Gemma screws someone who's not her husband2) Gemma makes stupid mistake that endangers someone3) clay betrays someone and directly/indirectly causes their death4) the sons blame it on brown or black while its always self-inflicted5) someone shoots at jax... He survives and beats them down6) unser gets #### on7) car/bike chaseThis season is Getting lamer by the minute.... :yawn:

Is it just me, or does Sutter seem in a hurry to introduce new angles, then wrap them up within a couple episodes? And yeah, icon's formula pretty much nails how formulaic this series has become. This series has become a cluster#### of mini-angles that have little time to breathe so we give a #### when they're resolved.

I hope Gemma is dead from this. Her character is beyond wasted and old.

Oh, and is it just me, or did Opie's widow seem TOO ####### HAPPY? My god woman, your husband hasn't even started decomposing in his grave and you're giddy like a mother####ing schoolgirl.

My god has Sutter gotten lazy. This series should have ended with Clay's throat getting cut, Jax telling Galindo to GTFO and everyone lives happily ever after, the end. Instead, this is another series that goes a season or three beyond its expiration date. We're at the state where the milk is starting to smell and the precautionary swig is a tad sour. It should be dumped, but FX will keep it in the fridge for far too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a positive...ok, on another note, they gave Phat Phil a line in the board room at least, although it only proved that he knows Kurt somehow (son? gardener? Geek Squad repairman?) because wow he does not sound like a biker.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Last scene crossed the line. Go back to quality writing instead of shock TV.
Uhhh...I don't think there was ever any quality writing to go back to.
Between this and The Walking Dead, you sure love to watch shows you dis-like, huh? :mellow:

'Good said:
'Brady Marino said:
Oh, and is it just me, or did Opie's widow seem TOO ####### HAPPY? My god woman, your husband hasn't even started decomposing in his grave and you're giddy like a mother####ing schoolgirl.
Tig watched one of his daughters get burned up, and he's back to normal. Hey, get over it.
:lmao: Yup, was thinking that as well.I'm over the chase scenes for a few episodes too. Seems like there's got to be one in every episode."OH #### SOME BLACK DUDES TRIED TO RUN OUR VAN OFF THE ROAD" *rock music and bike chase*"OH #### SOME GUY ROBBED GEMMA" *rock music and bike chase* this show is silly, but I still like it. I just ignore reality for 60 minutes a week

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Between this and The Walking Dead, you sure love to watch shows you dis-like, huh? :mellow:
Once again...where did I say I disliked either show?
I guess I just assumed since I have yet to see you post one positive thing about either in the two threads where you have posted multiple times. In fact, the majority of them you are shining a negative light on both.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
I guess I just assumed since I have yet to see you post one positive thing about either in the two threads where you have posted multiple times. In fact, the majority of them you are shining a negative light on both.
You know what happens when you assume?

Why did Joel McHale turn around and jump out of the car? Made no sense to me. Did I miss something?
because the chase scene had gone the allotted time and they needed to move on to the next one.
:goodposting: And have you noticed that whenever there is a chase scene involving the bikes nobody ever thinks to simply clip or bump one of the bikes. Not to mention how terrible a shot anybody who is shooting at a Son is.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Show me one positive post by you regarding either show. :shrug:

Why did Joel McHale turn around and jump out of the car? Made no sense to me. Did I miss something?
because the chase scene had gone the allotted time and they needed to move on to the next one.
:goodposting: And have you noticed that whenever there is a chase scene involving the bikes nobody ever thinks to simply clip or bump one of the bikes. Not to mention how terrible a shot anybody who is shooting at a Son is.
Someone wipes out at least once a week, and they always seem to land somewhere soft.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=418116&view=findpost&p=14710242My link

Someone wipes out at least once a week, and they always seem to land somewhere soft.
Jax did come up limping last night. I hope he's OK.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=418116&view=findpost&p=14710242My link
"It's one part soap opera, one part B-movie, one part video game, one part cartoon." :mellow: :loco:

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
"It's one part soap opera, one part B-movie, one part video game, one part cartoon." :mellow: :loco:
What, you don't like cartoons?

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Why is there this discussion in just about every thread on TV shows?Yes, people watch shows that are flawed. The flaws are talking points. It doesn't mean people dislike the show. Just that they think it could be better. Unfortunately, with the way Sons has gone, the flaws are really the most interesting things to talk about.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Why is there this discussion in just about every thread on TV shows?Yes, people watch shows that are flawed. The flaws are talking points. It doesn't mean people dislike the show. Just that they think it could be better. Unfortunately, with the way Sons has gone, the flaws are really the most interesting things to talk about.
Yeah Christo, I think we all understand that. But when someone admits to watching both shows, and posts NOTHING but the flaws, that's a bit odd dontchathink?

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Ahhh...I think I've figured it out. You don't realize that this show is full of flaws. You actually think it is "high quality". Sorry about that.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Yeah Christo, I think we all understand that. But when someone admits to watching both shows, and posts NOTHING but the flaws, that's a bit odd dontchathink?
And this bothers you so much because...?

Jax did come up limping last night. I hope he's OK.
I think he got shot in the leg.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
A couple flaws sure, more than that (you) just crowds up the thread as others have pointed out. And as those others have said, at some point it's nitpicky/womanlike.But keep up the good work.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
A couple flaws sure, more than that (you) just crowds up the thread as others have pointed out. And as those others have said, at some point it's nitpicky/womanlike.But keep up the good work.
Crowds? Is there some sort of internet shortage I'm not aware of? And :lmao: @ 'womanlike'. Some of the worst shows out there are aimed towards women because they are more forgiving when it comes to lack of realism.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Crowds? Is there some sort of internet shortage I'm not aware of? And :lmao: @ 'womanlike'. Some of the worst shows out there are aimed towards women because they are more forgiving when it comes to lack of realism.
As I said, keep up the good work Nancy. :thumbup:

I agree with Copeman.

Coming in here and posting all that sucks about the show seems like a waste of time. I've assumed Marvin enjoys the show but kills time fishing because he does it in multiple tv show threads. If the show gets too unbelieveable, boring, unfunny, stagnant, or there's any other reason I don't like it I just stop watching. Wasting your time watching a show that only brings whiney complaints out of your mouth and then onto a message board is strange.

Basically it seems like the show annoys/irritates most of you more than it brings relaxing downtime.

I agree with Copeman. Coming in here and posting all that sucks about the show seems like a waste of time. I've assumed Marvin enjoys the show but kills time fishing because he does it in multiple tv show threads. If the show gets too unbelieveable, boring, unfunny, stagnant, or there's any other reason I don't like it I just stop watching. Wasting your time watching a show that only brings whiney complaints out of your mouth and then onto a message board is strange. Basically it seems like the show annoys/irritates most of you more than it brings relaxing downtime.
Now that I think about it...you guys are right. I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread