What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA 2012-13 Back to the Future League (1 Viewer)

It took me forever to find someone on an NBA roster...

PF Jeff Pendergraph

Last edited by a moderator:
18.22 Julyan Stone PG

Hes like a black Greivis Vasquez, he can't really score but he is huge for a PG and can pass and rebound. Last season in his very limited minutes he had a 70something D rating.

:shrug:

18.22 Julyan Stone PGHes like a black Greivis Vasquez, he can't really score but he is huge for a PG and can pass and rebound. Last season in his very limited minutes he had a 70something D rating. :shrug:
PG: Manu Ginobili, Jamal Crawford, Devin Harris, Brian Roberts, Julyan StoneSG: Tony Allen, Jordan HamiltonSF: Andre Iguodala, DeQuan JonesPF: Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Williams, Ty Thomas, Hakim WarrickC: Andrew Bogut, Mirza Teltovic, Joel Freeland, Donatas Motiejunas, Bernard JamesI think I have the best top 7 or 8 players in the league but unfortunately my whole team is full of players with no position. I have no idea who my backup center is and I'm going to need one because Bogut is starting the season hurt. I also don't have a real point guard so I'm going to have to platoon probably Ginobili, Crawford, Iguodala and Harris at that spot or hope Roberts breaks out. I'll probably be looking for a trade partner at some point this season for a point guard and a backup center.

18 - 1 - Arizona Ron - Travis Leslie - SG

18 - 2 - Jomar - Sasha Pavlovic - SG

18 - 3 - Goat Herders - Eddie Curry - C

18 - 4 - jag_player - Mickael Pietrus - F

18 - 5 - Juxtatarot - Damien Wilkins - SF

18 - 6 - Arsenal - Tornike Shengelia - F

18 - 7 - Yo Mama - Darius Miller - SF

18 - 8 - Spartans - Kyle O'Quinn - PF

18 - 9 - Rodg12 - Ronnie Price - PG

18 - 10 - Chemical X - Darius Morris - PG

18 - 11 - Kraft - Malcolm Lee - G

18 - 12 - AcerFC - Andy Rautins - SG

18 - 13 - cheese - Evan Fournier - SF

18 - 14 - Gr00vus - Darius Johnson-Odom - SG

18 - 15 - Tremendous Upside - Victor Claver - SF

18 - 16 - TRE - Earl Barron - C

18 - 17 - No 16 - Jeff Pendergraph - PF

18 - 18 - 8ebok24 - Ryan Gomes - SF

18 - 19 - Frosty - -

18 - 20 - Moops - DeSagana Diop - C

18 - 21 - Scoobus - Cory Joseph - PG

18 - 22 - Kev0429 - Julien Stone - PG

18 - 23 - Coyote5 - Derek Fisher - PG

18 - 24 - Timschochet - Jason Collins - C

18.22 Julyan Stone PGHes like a black Greivis Vasquez, he can't really score but he is huge for a PG and can pass and rebound. Last season in his very limited minutes he had a 70something D rating. :shrug:
PG: Manu Ginobili, Jamal Crawford, Devin Harris, Brian Roberts, Julyan StoneSG: Tony Allen, Jordan HamiltonSF: Andre Iguodala, DeQuan JonesPF: Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Williams, Ty Thomas, Hakim WarrickC: Andrew Bogut, Mirza Teltovic, Joel Freeland, Donatas Motiejunas, Bernard JamesI think I have the best top 7 or 8 players in the league but unfortunately my whole team is full of players with no position. I have no idea who my backup center is and I'm going to need one because Bogut is starting the season hurt. I also don't have a real point guard so I'm going to have to platoon probably Ginobili, Crawford, Iguodala and Harris at that spot or hope Roberts breaks out. I'll probably be looking for a trade partner at some point this season for a point guard and a backup center.
What was Manu's position eligibility last year? Looks like Fantrax won't let me put him at the point for you. Just wondering how bad you'll get dinged for that.

***Fantrax Update***

I went through each roster and set the lineup to ensure there are no illegal lineups. I tried to reflect what everyone wanted based on draft/thread comments. Obviously you can change these, but the fact of the matter is I have all players active, with no bench. The lineup is PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C with the rest being Flex; just so you can have an idea of your top 7 rotation guys.

The categories I used are as follows: Mn/G, FG%, 3Pt%, 3PT Made, FT%, Pts, Rbs, Assts, Stls, Blks, TO, Player Fouls, +/-, Player Efficiency

These aren't your typical roto categories, but I tried to grab some stats that the sim might use. I'm open to suggestions. Min/G was added with no scoring value so you can see it at a glance.

Again, the fantrax league is for nothing more than following your team's (and everyone else's) progress. It's very helpful for identifying trade partners and seeing where you might be short at a position.

:hifive:

What was Manu's position eligibility last year? Looks like Fantrax won't let me put him at the point for you. Just wondering how bad you'll get dinged for that.
Manu had PG and SG eligibility. If it won't let you put him at PG just throw Crawford in there... or see if Iguodala works.

EARL BARRON! 8pts, 8rebs, 1 stl, 1 block!

Edit: Just 183.7 more minutes and I can use him!

Good start for Collison and Kobe. Nash and Metta...not so much. Hope the Lakers get it figured out and use Nash in the pick-and-roll with Pau/Dwight more and let him get out in transition. Was really frustrating watching him stand around so much last night.

Gallinari hurt and I have two Nuggets backup SFs in Chandler and Brewer. Which one gets the start? Neither. Jordan Hamilton. :wall:

I'm going for 0-82.

J.J. Barea with a bucket and assist on back-to-back possessions.

I GOT THIS.

EDIT: Omg he just got a rebound too.

How are the Mavs going to cut Eddie curry for Troy Murphy? Oof.

My superior center depth is "meh" and toney Douglass is terrible. And curry and Johnson don't have jobs.

A lot of horrible starts for me. I suppose that makes sense since I have so many young players.

I have 5 guys getting 30+ minutes per game and their FG% are:

George: 42.9%

Lillard: 40.5%

Bargnani: 37.2%

Vasquez: 30.6% (lol, 4-24 in last two games)

Beal: 39.6%

I do have 11 players getting 17+ mpg and every one of my players has played at least one game.

I only have 2 guys (George/Lillard)with an efficiency over 15 though.

All in all, slow start, but some room for growth.

+/- Best and Worst:

+68 Wayne Ellington (wtf?)

-46 James Johnson

Patterson and Morris have been good.

Jonas and Jamison not so much.

Lou Williams can't shoot apparently.

Dragic has been very good although I wish he rebounded more.

Tristan has been marginal.

Need Love back soon.

Joe Johnson has not been good.

13 guys playing at least 10 min/pg and 10 playing at least 19.

5 guys with an efficiency of at least 15 which make up a perfect starting lineup:

PG Jrue Holliday (19.1 eff)

SG Kemba Walker (19.8)

SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (17.2)

PF Lamarcus Aldridge (19.7)

C Greg Monroe (19.0)

and then three guys on my bench with a 10+ eff who fill out all the positions

PG/SG J.J. Barea (11.0)

SG/SF Alonzo Gee (10.7)

PF/C Emeka Okafor (10.4)

Really the only player who has been disappointing for me so far is Anthony Morrow (and Jodie Meeks I guess). If everything continues the way it's going I'm going to be pretty happy with my squad, but may need to trade a big for more wing depth.

The Bay Area Automatic Teller Machines

STARTERS

PG Rajon Rondo - 24 EFF/40 mpg - Having a career year so far. Hopefully he stays healthy.

SG Vince Carter - 11 EFF/25 mpg - Need his 3s in the starting line up. Damn Brandon Rush.

SF Evan Turner - 15 EFF/33 mpg - Rebounds and.....yah rebounds.

PF Anthony Davis - 22 EFF/27 mpg - Gambled he would be 20/10 type player in his rookie year vs. a 12/10 guy so I'm pleased.

C Zach Randolph - 22 EFF/37 mpg - Happy again with my 3rd round pick. Beasting on the boards and scoring with decent volume.

BENCH

PF Taj Gibson - 9.8 EFF/21 mpg - stats remain close to previous years so he should hold up in the SIM. Was hoping he'd see an increase in minutes and in turn production with Asik gone, but nope.

SG Rip Hamilton - 10 EFF/26 mpg - Platooning the other wing spot with VC and Butler. He's been solid.

SF Caron Butler - 9 EFF/26 mpg - Stroking from 3pt range with a 47.8%. It will come down eventually but hopefully can stay in the 40s.

Filler

F Tobias Harris - 9 EFF/19 mpg - Scoring decently with a high %. Was one of my lottery tickets to solve my perimeter woes. Was hoping he'd establish himself as a starter but not looking good so far and the Prince has yet to return.

F/C Josh McROberts - 8 EFF/18 mpg - He's getting minutes and yah.

F/C Ekpe Udoh - 7.7 EFF/20 mpg - Looks like I picked the wrong Buck center. Hopefully he continues to earn minutes due to his defensive play that doesn't show up in the box score.

CRAP

SG Reggie Williams - Yah.

SG Alec Burcs - Was expecting a rotation player, but with Foye around not much room unless injury hits.

PF Anthony Tolliver - He's getting 15 mpg!

F Draymond Green - An injury to Brandon Rush has opened up a sliver of opportunity. Now if only Richard Jefferson would blow out his knee.

P/C Jeff Pendergraph - Hasn't played at all due to a concussion. So I'll take anything he can give me.

USELESS

SG Brandon Rush - This injury hurts. My perimeter was already thin and was counting on his defense and 3s out there.

Shaun Livingston - At least you can't get injured staying at home.

THE GOOD - My Top 3 picks have not disappointed!

The BAD - Evan Turner, Taj Gibson, Tobias Harris, and Alec Burks haven't improved like I was hoping they would. Still early, but some positive signs would be nice.

The UGLY - Rush out for the year. VC, Rip, and Butler will have to play MAJOR minutes for my team. They're actually all pretty decent but would have been better as spot duty behind Rush/Evans.

Team Needs: Need a back up PG and some perimeter help. I have a plethora of mediocre wingmen to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread