What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA 2012-13 Back to the Future League (1 Viewer)

Wow, can't believe I beat the heavily favored Ebok/Jmon in 6 games in the conference semis.

Westbrook goes for 32-11-11 in a 29 point romp to close out the series.

Good luck coyote!
Good luck Arsenal. Looks like I was 0-2 against you in the reg. season, but I have some wrinkles cooked up for this afternoon!

Also, boo on the 2-3-2 virtual format. This is an outrage!

I think my Wes Matthews for OJ Mayo was one of the keys to my team. I'll try not to fall over patting myself on the back but that was a trade that was panned at the time ;)

When is the next one?
I think we need to come up with a format. Obviously we can't do another back to the future draft until we get closer to the next season.

Some options:

80s or 90s (with or without salary caps)

Low Mins (only players eligible have less than X total mins)

All Rookies (only rookie seasons allowed)

Rooks/Final Year (only players that are rookies or in their final year are eligible, no current players, no dupes)

All or Nothing Defense (only players that have great than 80 d rating OR less than 25 are eligible -- would have to check size of player pool)

Anyone have other suggestions?

When is the next one?
I think we need to come up with a format. Obviously we can't do another back to the future draft until we get closer to the next season.

Some options:

Rooks/Final Year (only players that are rookies or in their final year are eligible, no current players, no dupes)

All or Nothing Defense (only players that have great than 80 d rating OR less than 25 are eligible -- would have to check size of player pool)

I rather liked the format that we had this year, even if I did awful with it. Doing drafts from past years takes most of the fun out of it. The thing that made this so interesting for me was projecting players into the future, its a whole lot less challenging to draft players with all their metrics already laid out for us.

When is the next one?

Some options:

I rather liked the format that we had this year, even if I did awful with it. Doing drafts from past years takes most of the fun out of it. The thing that made this so interesting for me was projecting players into the future, its a whole lot less challenging to draft players with all their metrics already laid out for us.
Again, we can do that of course...but we'll wait until right before the season. Are you saying you wouldn't do another one in-between now and then?

When is the next one?

Some options:

Again, we can do that of course...but we'll wait until right before the season. Are you saying you wouldn't do another one in-between now and then?
I gotcha....

I'd be game to do one in between now and the next back to the future league, I was skimming instead of reading everything and misunderstood.

Thanks scoobs, and thanks everyone for a fun season. Duncan and Howard, and a bunch of decent wing and bench players turned into sort of a magical formula for this sim.

I'm 2 for 2 in the inaugural WIS B2TF leagues... when are we doing football? lol

PG-Lowry, Rubio

SG-Harden, Mason, Fredette

SF-Thompson, Green,D

PF-Green,J, Sanders, Nowitzki

C- Gasol, O'Neal

Mins:

Lowry-24

Rubio-20

Harden-36

Thompson-35

Green,D-26

Green,J-27

Sanders-22

Nowitzki-17

Gasol-33
I'm going to give this team the Popovich treatment. Prepare for a steady diet of Chris Duhon and Steven Jackson.
Agreed.

I think JMon is going to crush this league. Without looking into it, the only weakness this team has is perimeter defense, Bledsoe would have really helped.
Thirded. Like I said earlier, the only weakness I see is that the sim can be unpredictable. Although I haven't looked at every team yet, I'm sure there's someone out there who is comparable, but I would definitely say jmon is the favorite entering the season.
Still pissed I lost in the conference semi's.

Users who are viewing this thread