What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA 2012-13 Back to the Future League (1 Viewer)

Jag_player and I have made a trade.

My Devin Harris and Manu Ginobili for his Brandon Bass and Ivan Johnson.

I'll have to figure out how to reload my team in WIS later today.

PG-Lowry, Rubio

SG-Harden, Mason, Fredette

SF-Thompson, Green,D

PF-Green,J, Sanders, Nowitzki

C- Gasol, O'Neal

Mins:

Lowry-24

Rubio-20

Harden-36

Thompson-35

Green,D-26

Green,J-27

Sanders-22

Nowitzki-17

Gasol-33

Last edited by a moderator:
PG-Lowry, Rubio

SF-Thompson, Green,D

C- Gasol, O'Neal

Mins:

Lowry-24

Rubio-20

Harden-36

Thompson-35

Green,D-26

Green,J-27

Sanders-22

Nowitzki-17

Gasol-33
I'm going to give this team the Popovich treatment. Prepare for a steady diet of Chris Duhon and Steven Jackson.

PG-Lowry, Rubio

SF-Thompson, Green,D

C- Gasol, O'Neal

Mins:

Lowry-24

Rubio-20

Harden-36

Thompson-35

Green,D-26

Green,J-27

Sanders-22

Nowitzki-17

Gasol-33
I'm going to give this team the Popovich treatment. Prepare for a steady diet of Chris Duhon and Steven Jackson.
Agreed.

I think JMon is going to crush this league. Without looking into it, the only weakness this team has is perimeter defense, Bledsoe would have really helped.

PG-Lowry, Rubio

SF-Thompson, Green,D

C- Gasol, O'Neal

Mins:

Lowry-24

Rubio-20

Harden-36

Thompson-35

Green,D-26

Green,J-27

Sanders-22

Nowitzki-17

Gasol-33
Agreed.

I think JMon is going to crush this league. Without looking into it, the only weakness this team has is perimeter defense, Bledsoe would have really helped.
Going to miss his high 90 D ranking but I didn't want to play Jermaine Oneal or Earl Clark any consistent minutes. Dirk hopefully will spread the floor as a bigman shooter. My perimeter defenders are not bad.

Lowry(57)

Rubio(64)

Harden(64)

Green(84)

Thompson(56)

PG-Lowry, Rubio

SF-Thompson, Green,D

C- Gasol, O'Neal

Mins:

Lowry-24

Rubio-20

Harden-36

Thompson-35

Green,D-26

Green,J-27

Sanders-22

Nowitzki-17

Gasol-33
Agreed.

Thirded. Like I said earlier, the only weakness I see is that the sim can be unpredictable. Although I haven't looked at every team yet, I'm sure there's someone out there who is comparable, but I would definitely say jmon is the favorite entering the season.

Does somebody have some awful player that played a #### ton of minutes (Kyle Singler, John Salmons, Marco Bellinelli, Bismack Biyombo, etc?) that they would give up on the cheap?

Notorious T.R.E. said:
Gr00vus said:
Notorious T.R.E. said:
So far the best 12-13 team I can beat consistently on simmatchup is the Milwaukee Bucks...not good. :/
How do you run those exhibition sims?
Go to the simmatchup link at the top menu. Use the search to find your user created team and then you can play against real life teams.
They default to the default lineup though, which is made by either a small child or a woman picking minutes based on her favorite names.

Does somebody have some awful player that played a #### ton of minutes (Kyle Singler, John Salmons, Marco Bellinelli, Bismack Biyombo, etc?) that they would give up on the cheap?
depends on how cheap you are talking. I have Singler and won't even be using all of his minutes. Send me a PM. I'd take a better player with fewer minutes.

I'm in. Looking at something like this...

PG - Darren Collison 29 min

SG - Kobe Bryant - 37 min

SF - Luol Deng - 35 min

PF - Carlos Boozer - 31 min (10 min at C)

C - Andray Blatche - 19 min

PG - Steve Nash - 19 min

SG - Randy Foye - 11 min

SF/PF - Metta World Peace - 23 min

PF - Markieff Morris - 17 min

C - Andrew Nicholson - 13 min

C - Bismack Biyombo - 6 min

Also have Ryan Hollins, C slated for no minutes as of now. Kinda weak up front, but I may play Boozer more min at the C if Nicholson/Biyombo aren't performing. Should be interesting.

18 - 1 - Arizona Ron - Travis Leslie - SG18 - 2 - Jomar - Sasha Pavlovic - SG18 - 3 - Goat Herders - Eddie Curry - C18 - 4 - jag_player - Mickael Pietrus - F18 - 5 - Juxtatarot - Damien Wilkins - SF18 - 6 - Arsenal - Tornike Shengelia - F18 - 7 - Yo Mama - Darius Miller - SF18 - 8 - Spartans - Kyle O'Quinn - PF18 - 9 - Rodg12 - Ronnie Price - PG18 - 10 - Chemical X - Darius Morris - PG18 - 11 - Kraft - Malcolm Lee - G18 - 12 - AcerFC - Andy Rautins - SG18 - 13 - cheese - Evan Fournier - SF18 - 14 - Gr00vus - Darius Johnson-Odom - SG18 - 15 - Tremendous Upside - Victor Claver - SF18 - 16 - TRE - Earl Barron - C18 - 17 - No 16 - Jeff Pendergraph - PF18 - 18 - 8ebok24 - Ryan Gomes - SF18 - 19 - Frosty - -18 - 20 - Moops - DeSagana Diop - C18 - 21 - Scoobus - Cory Joseph - PG18 - 22 - Kev0429 - Julien Stone - PG18 - 23 - Coyote5 - Derek Fisher - PG18 - 24 - Timschochet - Jason Collins - C
Mr. Irrelevant becomes relevant

My team:

PG: Jrue Holiday (36), Kemba Walker (12)

SG: Kemba Walker (23), Jamal Crawford (25)

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (25), Jamal Crawford (2), Alonzo Gee (21)

PF: Greg Monroe (33), Ed Davis (6), Marreese Speights (9)

C: LaMarcus Aldridge (34), Ed Davis (14)

Seems decent.

I have Josh McRoberts and his 1487 minutes (18 mpg) to trade for a PG that's better than Shuan Livingston.

Still waiting on 3 people. I'm headed out of town tomorrow for the Derby, so we might be in a holding pattern until next week. If I have time to internet somehow (flight or something), I'll check back and try to draw divisions.

More importantly, if you haven't signed up by now, you probably have a micropenis.

Before we get going I was going to look at my minutes. Why would the sim have M Ellis as a sub. Is there some strategy involved. I would assume he would be a starter since he is my best player

Before we get going I was going to look at my minutes. Why would the sim have M Ellis as a sub. Is there some strategy involved. I would assume he would be a starter since he is my best player
I think they normally list the player projected for the most minutes at each particular position to be the starter. Some guys are listed with 15 minutes at SG, 15 at SF, while another plays just 17 at SG. That leads to the 17 min guy being named starter. Is that what happened? If not, then I don't know.

You really don't need to worry about getting it done before it finalizes everything. They still have a 2 day or so lag before your first game where you can still make changes.

Cheese, that is what happened with Ellis. Thanks. I'll try to figure it out. I don't want Felton playing 28 minutes a game since he missed 20 games. I think that factors in to him slowing down if he gets that many minutes.

Can I take his minutes and divide by 82 to see what a good amount would be to not tire him out. I should have done this before, sorry

Cheese, that is what happened with Ellis. Thanks. I'll try to figure it out. I don't want Felton playing 28 minutes a game since he missed 20 games. I think that factors in to him slowing down if he gets that many minutes.Can I take his minutes and divide by 82 to see what a good amount would be to not tire him out. I should have done this before, sorry
Missed games are already factored into the Min/82 you see displayed on the right side of where you set minutes. If he still has 28 min/82, then that means his real MPG was much higher. If you click on the player card, it will tell you his MPG in games he was actually in to verify that.

If his Min/82 is less than 28, and they still pushed him to 28 (or you did) then yes... it's a problem.

I joined. Do I need to set up my players by drafting them? Crap. I'm not sure I can even remember what slugs are on my roster...

Users who are viewing this thread