What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA 2012-13 Back to the Future League (1 Viewer)

Im in. Can we practice against other teams. It says something about that but cant figure out how to do it. Sadly, Andy Rautins didnt make the big squad
If you go to the simmatchup link at the top menu it looks like you can practice against historical teams. However, I was unable to pull up any of the other teams in our league to play against...maybe the league has to fill first.

Im in. Can we practice against other teams. It says something about that but cant figure out how to do it. Sadly, Andy Rautins didnt make the big squad
If you go to the simmatchup link at the top menu it looks like you can practice against historical teams. However, I was unable to pull up any of the other teams in our league to play against...maybe the league has to fill first.
thanks. Just played a few games. I don't expect to make the playoffs. Went 2-5. The spurs and Knicks (this past season) destroyed me. I beat the 6ers and Hawk after losing to the hawks the first time.

**TRADE**

8ebok24 sends Eric Bledsoe, Enes Kanter, and Jordan Hill to

Scoobus for Dirk Nowitzki and Andris Biedrins

Last edited by a moderator:
My 12 man roster if I don't make any more deals:PG-Lowry, Rubio

SG-Harden, Mason

SF-Thompson, Webster, Clark

PF-Green, Sanders, Nowitzki

C- Gasol, O'Neal

Mins:

Lowry-24

Rubio-20

Harden-36

Thompson-35

Webster-26

Green-27

Sanders-22

Nowitzki-17

Gasol-33

I got in. I was trying to sign up with the freebie team instead of the pay for team and getting that error.

Anyway I don't have much to deal, maybe a guard, but I'd listen to any and all trade offers.

I got in. I was trying to sign up with the freebie team instead of the pay for team and getting that error.

Anyway I don't have much to deal, maybe a guard, but I'd listen to any and all trade offers.
Have you actually joined the league yet? I don't see you in there.

:shrug: My full season team now has this league listed in the League column when I go to my "Teams" page. I haven't drafted anybody yet. Does that make a difference?

:shrug: My full season team now has this league listed in the League column when I go to my "Teams" page. I haven't drafted anybody yet. Does that make a difference?
Yeah that's probably what it is, I don't think it shows until you actually submit your team with a team name/arena.

Yeah that's probably what it is, I don't think it shows until you actually submit your team with a team name/arena.
Can we do trades after submitting our teams? Not that I think I will, but I'd like to hold off on finalizing my particular potpourri of guano until I'm certain I can't swap for new/better turds.

Can we do trades after submitting our teams? Not that I think I will, but I'd like to hold off on finalizing my particular potpourri of guano until I'm certain I can't swap for new/better turds.
Yeah, you just have to exit the league, de-select players you traded away, add players you traded for, and rejoin the league. Took me about 5 minutes.

PG

Jennings - 35

Bayless - 13

SG

Mayo - 36

Butler - 12

SF

Kirilenko - 25

Butler - 15

Faried - 9

PF

Hickson - 24

Faried - 19

Diaw - 5

C

Horford - 34

Ezeli - 10

Hickson - 4

Not sure about playing Faried at the swing, might have to give Richardson minutes at SG and Butler more at SF. Less Ezeli and more Diaw. But my team does fairly well in the sims against 2013 teams. Jennings shoots too many 3's though! Hickson is a beast. Defense is going to be a problem.

This is going to be brutal. Do we manage our minutes game to game, or do we just set the minutes once and the whole thing runs? Assuming the later, I'm going to have to bring Wall, Marion and Ilyasova off the bench to have them available to close out games and have any kind of normal rotation.

PG

Ridnour - 18

Wall - 20

Duhon - 10 ( :X )

SG

Martin - 26

Ridnour - 12

Bazemore - 5

Barton - 5

SF

Jackson - 20

Marion - 12

Copeland -10

Barton - 6

PF

West - 16

Ilyasova - 15

Marion - 13

Copeland - 4

C

Perkins - 24

West - 14

Ilyasova - 10

Andrew Bynum - 0

I figure I'll have 3 healthy players after about 20 games.

The only tradable guy I have is D Cousins. Let me know if you have interest. Looking for a forward and center

here's a funky question for those in teh know:

my pg minutes are

lawson 31

lucas 10

morris 7

is the sim gonna play lawson the first 31 minutes then lucas then next 10, etc? or will it sub lawson in and out? if the answer is the former, then can i play lawson 16, lucas 10, morris 7 and bring lawson back for 15?

my pg minutes are

lawson 31

lucas 10

morris 7

is the sim gonna play lawson the first 31 minutes then lucas then next 10, etc? or will it sub lawson in and out? if the answer is the former, then can i play lawson 16, lucas 10, morris 7 and bring lawson back for 15?
From what I remember, it's pretty much random. I think they usually have the starters close out the game though, but I'm not positive.

Here are the final standings. Congrats to ebok24 for winning the warm-up round! I have created the league on Whatifsports.com. You first pay for a team and then join league number NBA44122.
I paid my money and am trying to use the "Existing League" option with the league id you've given. I get the following error message:
>The specified league is either full, does not exist, is an Open League, or it is a Full Season League.
What am I doing wrong?
It's different for me since I started the league, but are you perhaps trying to join a league with your exhibition team?
So the very first thing I said...

I'm also short 12 minutes, I'm willing to dangle Ginobili for a big that can play some (25+) semi productive minutes for me.

Really wish I hadn't been sniped when Faried was picked. My team would be looking a whole lot better with Faried on my team rather than Ginobili.

I'll log on this weekend and set my team. My team has been healthy by and large and I don't think I'll have an issue with minutes. I might be a good trading partner for some of you who are short.

my pg minutes are

lawson 31

lucas 10

morris 7

From what I remember, it's pretty much random. I think they usually have the starters close out the game though, but I'm not positive.
You can't control exactly when your guys play, but they'll go in and out in somewhat realistic basketball substitution patterns.

As a general rule, in close games your starters will finish the game and might play a little more than their target minutes. In blowouts, the subs will finish and the starters might play a little less.

Check your PMs Tim.
Yeah. I can't do that. I don't want to give up Kwahi Leonard- what good is the extra minutes if they don't score enough points?I'm going to stick with what I have. McGee and Bosh are going to have to play a few extra minutes each game, that's all.

Check your PMs Tim.
Yeah. I can't do that. I don't want to give up Kwahi Leonard- what good is the extra minutes if they don't score enough points?I'm going to stick with what I have. McGee and Bosh are going to have to play a few extra minutes each game, that's all.
I'm not saying you should do my trade, but I would make a trade with someone. The sim will kill you if you don't have enough minutes. Sent you another offer.

Is there any limit to the number of guys who can be injured on your team - is it possible for your entire team to get injured?

My trade is perfect for you, Tim.
No it isn't. I've been offered 3 trades, but in each one I have to give up good players to get lesser players in return, just to get more minutes. It's not worth it. For now, I'm going to give Bosh and McGee 3 minutes extra each and see what happens.

Hey fellas. Sorry for the delay in chiming in here. I'm in China for work. Can't access WIS or Fantrax while I'm in the office (work blocks them here but not back home...weird). Anyways, I'll respond to your PM 8ebok24 when I'm back at the hotel tonight and will get my team set up on WIS either tonight or tomorrow night here.

Users who are viewing this thread