What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA 2012-13 Back to the Future League (2 Viewers)

Here are the final standings. Congrats to ebok24 for winning the warm-up round!

I have created the league on Whatifsports.com. You first pay for a team and then join league number NBA44122.

I'm not sure how divisions/conferences work for hoops...I'm assuming 4 divisions of 6 teams in two separate conferences. I'll use a pool style draw of teams based on these rankings when the league fills up.

Code:
1 8ebok24 2352 Arsenal of Doom 2213 Jomar 2064 Coyote5 2055 Arizona Ron 191.56 Spartans Rule 1877 Juxtatarot 1798 Rodg12 1759 jag_player 17210 Yo Mama 17110 Tremendous Upside 17112 Frostilicus 16713 Moops 16614 Timschochet 16415 Scoobus 16016 NotoriousTRE 14517 Goat Herders 14318 No. 16 14219 AcerFC 14020 Kev4029 13221 Gr00vus 12622 Chemical X 11123 Kraft 104.524 Cheese 86

Last edited by a moderator:
PG: Deron WIlliams(2842TM), Beno Udrih(1457)

SG: Jason Terry(2151), Avery Bradley(1453), Francisco Garcia(1029)

SF: Gerald Wallace(2076), Tayshaun Prince(2631)

PF: Nene Hilario(1659), Jason Thompson(2285)

C: Marcin Gortat(1876), Brendan Haywood(1162)

Can deal a SG looking for a big at around 1000 minutes

If anyone wants to trade a scrub for a scrub I could use a better scrubish big.

My bubble Scrubs: Doron Lamb(577 PG/SG), Travis Outlaw(444 SG/SF), Linas Kleiza(376 SF/PF), Jarred Jeffries(350 PF/C), Malcolm Lee(289 SG 64 D rating) and Troy Murphy(256 PF/C)

WILL DO TWO FOR ONE!

When will the league start? When do we have to make trades by?
Leagues usually start a couple of days after they're filled. So, the quicker the people get their teams added the better. We can trade right up until the league starts...if a trade is made you have to exit the league, change your roster and then re-enter, but it's pretty easy to do.

Here are the final standings. Congrats to ebok24 for winning the warm-up round! I have created the league on Whatifsports.com. You first pay for a team and then join league number NBA44122.
I paid my money and am trying to use the "Existing League" option with the league id you've given. I get the following error message:
The specified league is either full, does not exist, is an Open League, or it is a Full Season League.
What am I doing wrong?

Here are the final standings. Congrats to ebok24 for winning the warm-up round! I have created the league on Whatifsports.com. You first pay for a team and then join league number NBA44122.
I paid my money and am trying to use the "Existing League" option with the league id you've given. I get the following error message:
>The specified league is either full, does not exist, is an Open League, or it is a Full Season League.
What am I doing wrong?
It's different for me since I started the league, but are you perhaps trying to join a league with your exhibition team?

NBA44122 notorioustre 4/23/2013 FBGs Back to the Future I $108 mil Yes No 22 Private league for FBGs only. Larryboy rides a dragon to work. I still see my league under theme leagues. Jag looks like he's the only other that has joined.

Here's the faq for joining:

Q. How do I join a private league that a friend of mine has created?A. You'll need to know the name of the league that your friend has created. Before you begin drafting your team, choose the option to 'Join an existing league' and type in the league number.If there are still openings in that league when you have finished drafting, your team will be added to it.

I'm pretty sure that's what I've been trying to do and getting that error message.

By the way, this message board sucks ####. The reply/quoting function implementation is atrocious.

Q. How do I join a private league that a friend of mine has created?A. You'll need to know the name of the league that your friend has created. Before you begin drafting your team, choose the option to 'Join an existing league' and type in the league number.If there are still openings in that league when you have finished drafting, your team will be added to it.

I'm pretty sure that's what I've been trying to do and getting that error message.

By the way, this message board sucks ####. The reply/quoting function implementation is atrocious.
If memory serves you can put the league id in right after you pay for your team. This is a theme league, not sure if that matters?

If memory serves you can put the league id in right after you pay for your team. This is a theme league, not sure if that matters?
I'm having trouble finding any other entree point for entering the league id. Little help anyone?

I'm having trouble finding any other entree point for entering the league id. Little help anyone?
Are you typing in "NBA44122" or just the number?

Are you typing in "NBA44122" or just the number?
NBA44122

PG: Deron WIlliams(2842TM), Beno Udrih(1457)SG: Jason Terry(2151), Avery Bradley(1453), Francisco Garcia(1029)SF: Gerald Wallace(2076), Tayshaun Prince(2631)PF: Nene Hilario(1659), Jason Thompson(2285)C: Marcin Gortat(1876), Brendan Haywood(1162)Can deal a SG looking for a big at around 1000 minutesIf anyone wants to trade a scrub for a scrub I could use a better scrubish big.My bubble Scrubs: Doron Lamb(577 PG/SG), Travis Outlaw(444 SG/SF), Linas Kleiza(376 SF/PF), Jarred Jeffries(350 PF/C), Malcolm Lee(289 SG 64 D rating) and Troy Murphy(256 PF/C)WILL DO TWO FOR ONE!
The member Kraft... cannot receive any new messages

My team is set up.
Did any of the players I drafted for you make the roster?
Jae Crowder, Mbah a Moute, De Cola, Daniels, Maynor.

None of them are going to see a ton of minutes, but you never know. My main team on the court will consist of:

Bosh

Leonard

Parker

Splitter

McGee

Redick

Sefalosha

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to assign minutes yet. I'd like to have 2 big guys (Bosh, Splitter, McGee) in the game at all times. My team is really good defensively.

PG: Deron WIlliams(2842TM), Beno Udrih(1457)SG: Jason Terry(2151), Avery Bradley(1453), Francisco Garcia(1029)SF: Gerald Wallace(2076), Tayshaun Prince(2631)PF: Nene Hilario(1659), Jason Thompson(2285)C: Marcin Gortat(1876), Brendan Haywood(1162)Can deal a SG looking for a big at around 1000 minutesIf anyone wants to trade a scrub for a scrub I could use a better scrubish big.My bubble Scrubs: Doron Lamb(577 PG/SG), Travis Outlaw(444 SG/SF), Linas Kleiza(376 SF/PF), Jarred Jeffries(350 PF/C), Malcolm Lee(289 SG 64 D rating) and Troy Murphy(256 PF/C)WILL DO TWO FOR ONE!
The member Kraft... cannot receive any new messages
All clear :popcorn:

I'm really dumb and I managed to join the league. Also set it up so J.J. Barea plays 0 minutes per game cuz #### him in the balls.

Gr00vus said:
scoobus said:
I dunno, I'll try to join by this weekend and see what happens.
O.k., please let us know how if you figure it out.
I joined without any issues. You wrote that this was the error message you received:

The specified league is either full, does not exist, is an Open League, or it is a Full Season League.
I believe this is a Full Season League, so maybe you're trying to join the wrong thing.

Ya, something weird is different. I've had no trouble joining leagues in the past, but after I enter my roster, team name, and arena... Create team doesn't put me in the league even though it's clearly identified as that league on the draft center. In fact it keeps that link to the draft center open (where you modify roster). Not sure why, tried to join 3 times.

Speaking of arenas, are we drafting those or does it not matter? Dead spots in the floor at the old Garden could really help my turrible team.

Ya, something weird is different. I've had no trouble joining leagues in the past, but after I enter my roster, team name, and arena... Create team doesn't put me in the league even though it's clearly identified as that league on the draft center. In fact it keeps that link to the draft center open (where you modify roster). Not sure why, tried to join 3 times.
I guess contact support...not sure what the deal is.

timschochet said:
Eephus said:
timschochet said:
My team is set up.
Did any of the players I drafted for you make the roster?
Jae Crowder, Mbah a Moute, De Cola, Daniels, Maynor. None of them are going to see a ton of minutes, but you never know. My main team on the court will consist of: BoshLeonardParkerSplitterMcGeeRedickSefalosha I'm not quite sure how I'm going to assign minutes yet. I'd like to have 2 big guys (Bosh, Splitter, McGee) in the game at all times. My team is really good defensively.
Trading up for Dominic McGuire wasn't the stroke of genius I expected it to be :bag:

I'm going to roll with my Big 3 of Durant, Lee and Conley, hope Brandon Knight and Ben Gordon can hold up at SG, and piece together 4 guys to play C. Drummond is a beast but I only have him for 16 minutes a game....might bench him the first half of the season and play him 30+ min the second half of the year

i have somehow pieced together 48 minutes at each position using my entire 12 man horrid roation.

i am going to be virginia squires bad.

I'm signed in but haven't loaded my team yet. Trying to find enough minutes with my crappy depth.

Looks like we'll need 19,680 total minutes (48*5*82), and the "best" I've been able to come up with is barely over that for 19,900 (and I think I can make the positions work).

My top 6/7 guys will be carrying my team. I'm going to D'Antoni them into the ground.

Open to trade, got some depth if anyone is interested Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio, Eric BledsoeJimmer Fredette, Roger MasonKlay Thompson, Martell WebsterJeff Green, Earl Clark, Jordan HillEnes Kanter, Jermaine ONeal
I have some quality minutes I'm trying to parlay into a good big man. If you want to trade, PM me.

Not sure if it's the same in hoops but in baseball you get a 10% cushion for innings and plate appearances. If that's the case you should need around 3600 minutes per position. Anyone have insight?

Not sure if it's the same in hoops but in baseball you get a 10% cushion for innings and plate appearances. If that's the case you should need around 3600 minutes per position. Anyone have insight?
I tried looking that up and couldn't find any mention of it with regards to the basketball sim. So I don't think you get the same 10% bonus, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Kraft... said:
I read somewhere it's 2% for basketball, but I can't find it now.

Im in. Can we practice against other teams. It says something about that but cant figure out how to do it. Sadly, Andy Rautins didnt make the big squad

Looks like I'll have to play Paul George at PF...he's 100% at SG/SF/PF though. :0

Lineup looks like:

PG: Lillard (39), Vasquez (9)

SG: Vasquez (21), Beal (17), Ellington (10)

SF: Salmons (25), George (13), Johnson (10)

PF: George (24), Sullinger (11), Henson (10), Zeller (3)

C: Chandler (26), Zeller (22)

Potential deals could involve moving either Beal or Ellington...both have pretty nice 3pt %. Would be looking for a SF that plays better defense than John freaking Salmons.

Without being able to move Vasquez for a PF with a little D, the team overall defense suffers a bit. Should be a fun team though.

Users who are viewing this thread