What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zac Stacy Hype Train - Rams (1 Viewer)

Any guesses where this kids dynasty value is at right now?
Not sure but I'll tell ya what....there are not a lot of exciting rbs out there right now.
It's so tough to build a career off of two games, but it'd be tough for me to deal him right now.

I'd still have him behind (in no order)

Charles

Lynch

McCoy

Forte

Peterson

I'd probably have Martin, Spiller and Bernard ahead of him, but couldn't call someone crazy for disagreeing.

Then there's the group of Lacy, Richardson, Foster, Rice, Bush, Morris, Murray, Johnson, Ridley, Miller, Bell, Ball, Moreno and Wilson.

I'm not sure I'd trade Stacy for any one in the next group.

Wish I had started him this week, but was trying to keep him eligible for Taxi-squad. I'm an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure but I'll tell ya what....there are not a lot of exciting rbs out there right now.
It's so tough to build a career off of two games, but it'd be tough for me to deal him right now.

Charles

Lynch

McCoy

Forte

Peterson

I'd probably have Martin, Spiller and Bernard ahead of him, but couldn't call someone crazy for disagreeing.

Then there's the group of Lacy, Richardson, Foster, Rice, Bush, Morris, Murray, Johnson, Ridley, Miller, Bell, Ball, Moreno and Wilson.

Wish I had started him this week, but was trying to keep him eligible for Taxi-squad. I'm an idiot.
He's been impressive every game hes started, granted hes had the full load the past two now since he's been the focal point of the offense.

I can't see myself trading him away for a RB with milage right now, that goes for the first group you listed... something about this kid seems legit to me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275450/WK-9-Can-t-Miss-Play-Stacy-be-bouncin

This run was awesome....

Charles

Lynch

McCoy

Forte

Peterson

He's been impressive every game hes started, granted hes had the full load the past two now since he's been the focal point of the offense.

I can't see myself trading him away for a RB with milage right now, that goes for the first group you listed... something about this kid seems legit to me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275450/WK-9-Can-t-Miss-Play-Stacy-be-bouncin

This run was awesome....
I couldn't really blame someone for not wanting him to trade him away from anyone, but we've seen lots of guys have two good games. I can't discount all that risk on the basis of the past two weeks.

I couldn't really blame someone for not wanting him to trade him away from anyone, but we've seen lots of guys have two good games. I can't discount all that risk on the basis of the past two weeks.
I think he's a definite hold in dynasty. He's started 4 games and has put up respectable numbers in all of them. Each game being better than the last.

This twists and turns in this hobby is amazing sometimes.

Two months ago, who would have thought that Stacy would be a stud and Trent Richardson would be worthless.

:loco:

Chaka said:
I missed the boat on him. The tough part is being consistent over the years. He has the talent, but will he be able to stay healthy or become another Julius jones.
:confused:
basically a lot of RB's have put together stretches where they looked great only to fizzle out when relied upon for a whole season.

let's see him finish out the season before getting too excited.

I think a lot of this hype has to also deal with the vanilla "feel" @ RB this yr. So many disappointments and wear and tear at the position... guys like T Rich who are young with talent have flopped, guys like Martin with youth and production got hurt... see where this is going

Just hoping this isn't a Bryce Brown flash-in-the-pan type guy. I don't think he will be given his competition, but Brown was hailed as the next big thing, as well.

I think a lot of this hype has to also deal with the vanilla "feel" @ RB this yr. So many disappointments and wear and tear at the position... guys like T Rich who are young with talent have flopped, guys like Martin with youth and production got hurt... see where this is going
Or it could be the fact that for the last 4 weeks Stacy has been one of the most productive 3 down featured RBS in the nfl and is coming off dominant back to back 100+ yard performances and scoring Tds as the goal line back and breaking tackles marshawn lynch style.

Why are people trying to take anything away from this kid and attribute the hype to anything other than him being awesome? Have you watched him play? There is a reason he has made every other Rb on the rams roster completely irrelevant and has his coaches jizzing themselves from excitement about him.

It wouldn't be the first time that a Rb with a low draft status made it big in the nfl.

See Arian foster.

Just hoping this isn't a Bryce Brown flash-in-the-pan type guy. I don't think he will be given his competition, but Brown was hailed as the next big thing, as well.
Zac Stacy doesnt have LeSean McCoy on his team.

Ride Zac Stacy out, if he falters, have someone ready to go and enjoy the points he's getting you

Or it could be the fact that for the last 4 weeks Stacy has been one of the most productive 3 down featured RBS in the nfl and is coming off dominant back to back 100+ yard performances and scoring Tds as the goal line back and breaking tackles marshawn lynch style.

Why are people trying to take anything away from this kid and attribute the hype to anything other than him being awesome? Have you watched him play? There is a reason he has made every other Rb on the rams roster completely irrelevant and has his coaches jizzing themselves from excitement about him.

It wouldn't be the first time that a Rb with a low draft status made it big in the nfl.

See Arian foster.
You really need to go through this thread and see the posts I have made before you jump to conclusions my friend

I agree if you mean "hype" as in people suggesting he is a top 10 dynasty back. But he seems to be the real deal and has the hold on a 3 down back job. Very hard not to be optimistic right now. Curious where you would place him?

Plus, I just love the way he runs the ball. He is a back that can punish the defender or elude him.

Nothing I like more in football than seeing a back run over a would be tackler.

I really like how he is able to "get small" and find, or make, the hole when running up the middle. He seems to have the ability to squirt through the line which few backs possess. He probably doesn't have the speed but his size/strength combo remind me a little bit of MJD.

Not by everyone. Bryce Brown holds the ball like a moldy loaf of bread he doesn't want to get too close to. And I am surprised whenever a Bryce Brown run ends in bounds. And for those questioning Stacy ' s durability, he just had the two best games of his short career while clearly playing hurt. Add toughness to his character traits.I am sticking to my initial comparison: kid looks like Emmitt to me out there.

good question I was pondering the thought of trying to move him in the 2 leagues I have him for GIO??? any thoughts.... I see GIO as more of a dynasty prospect as Stacy reminds me more of a alfred morris, maybe flash in the pan type of player. This can make or break a dynasty championship. Most people will look at stacy and say NO WAY don't trade him for GIO but in a ppr dynasty Im looking to try to sell high? am I wrong. Let's discuss how others feel about his dynasty value in ppr and if you should hold or Sell super HIGH. His value may not be this high for a while......... this may be time to Have some owners Way over pay.

I was hoping the ankle would be ready to go this week, because I wanted to "reward" him for playing so well previously against SEA. I was very impressed with his balance, vision, and ability to finish runs. He showed all three this week, and the Rams just look much more capable when he is in the backfield.

See Arian foster.
You really need to go through this thread and see the posts I have made before you jump to conclusions my friend
Sorry, didn't mean to single you out. I just find it funny in general reading some of the posts on these boards giving credit to anything else but the player when the player does well...Stacy is legit.

I agree if you mean "hype" as in people suggesting he is a top 10 dynasty back. But he seems to be the real deal and has the hold on a 3 down back job. Very hard not to be optimistic right now. Curious where you would place him?

Plus, I just love the way he runs the ball. He is a back that can punish the defender or elude him.

Nothing I like more in football than seeing a back run over a would be tackler.
Yes I agree.... I honestly just don't know where to rank him though, right now there's very few backs if any that I like in dynasty. a healthy Martin is one, maybe Gio? Lacy I like.... there is not much out there and you could make an argument Stacy is as good or better then those three I listed. I guess what im saying is im a big believer in the kid but at the same time the dynasty RB waters out there are muddled. A lot of the healthy productive backs are old (Gore) have a lot of wear (Lynch/AP) ... it's not an easy answer to say but rather ... lets just keep letting this play out?

I totally missed out on Stacy and regret it after watching McFadden get freakin' hurt again.

My eyes don't lie. He's running and being very effective when other teams KNOW the Rams are going to run.

As a life long Rams fan I'm excited about Zac. He passes the "eye test". Will he end up being a long term top 10/15 back? Time will tell I guess, and as a long time Rams fan I've also mastered the art of not getting my hopes up.

As for comparisons he reminds me of a young smaller Bus. His feet and cuts are lightning quick just like Jerome.

Chaka said:
I missed the boat on him. The tough part is being consistent over the years. He has the talent, but will he be able to stay healthy or become another Julius jones.
basically a lot of RB's have put together stretches where they looked great only to fizzle out when relied upon for a whole season.

Of course a larger sample size is always preferred, but if you look at those other players, something always stood out to me. For example, Jerome Harrison was a bust waiting to happen - had one good game and 2 games propped up by quantity of touches. I'm a skeptic, so I always look for a reason to temper enthusiasm. Usually the guys that fizzle had strong offensive lines, a ridiculous passing attack, extremely soft strength of schedule, or heavy workload coupled with moderate per touch production. Stacy has a mediocre line, total crap passing attack, and his per touch numbers are not only good when viewed alone, but they're much better than his teammates of the same position.

So while nothing is definite, I feel completely opposite about Stacy and Ellington. One guy passes all tests, the other screams fool's gold. Stacy seems all but certain to be the guy next year on a team that would be hard pressed not to improve on offense (the reason I missed out on Stacy in most of my leagues is that I hated the StL offense). The comparisons to Emmitt and MJD are silly. Emmitt was Emmitt and MJD was actually much faster than Stacy. Stacy would need to be playing on the 2004 Chiefs for anyone to mistake him for an elite back, but he appears good enough in all phases of the game to put together some solid fantasy stats based on touches alone (ala Doug Martin). Actually, if I had to compare him to someone it might be Doug, although I've never been that impressed with him, so I'd like to think Stacy has a bit more upside. Given his production on such a crappy offense, I'd say he's looking as good if not better than Martin. I know that sounds crazy based on the extreme hype Martin got after plodding his way through 14 games and padding his stats with 2 huge games, but if you just look at his production this year you might think I was doing Stacy wrong by the comparison.

Nobody expected Bryce Brown to be the next big thing this year. We all knew McCoy was going to be the guy when healthy. I actually really like Bryce despite his fumbles. Will be interested to see him when he gets his chance. The difference between them is that Stacy's already gotten his chance and he'll likely get to keep it. Richardson, Pead, and Cunningham will not be coming back from injury to retrieve the starting job. Bryce could be the next big thing the way Michael Turner was... after his rookie contract expired.

Well I'm officially on board, and probably just a tad insane, because I just turned down Alfred Morris in favor of Stacy.

Of course a larger sample size is always preferred, but if you look at those other players, something always stood out to me. For example, Jerome Harrison was a bust waiting to happen - had one good game and 2 games propped up by quantity of touches. I'm a skeptic, so I always look for a reason to temper enthusiasm. Usually the guys that fizzle had strong offensive lines, a ridiculous passing attack, extremely soft strength of schedule, or heavy workload coupled with moderate per touch production. Stacy has a mediocre line, total crap passing attack, and his per touch numbers are not only good when viewed alone, but they're much better than his teammates of the same position.

So while nothing is definite, I feel completely opposite about Stacy and Ellington. One guy passes all tests, the other screams fool's gold. Stacy seems all but certain to be the guy next year on a team that would be hard pressed not to improve on offense (the reason I missed out on Stacy in most of my leagues is that I hated the StL offense). The comparisons to Emmitt and MJD are silly. Emmitt was Emmitt and MJD was actually much faster than Stacy. Stacy would need to be playing on the 2004 Chiefs for anyone to mistake him for an elite back, but he appears good enough in all phases of the game to put together some solid fantasy stats based on touches alone (ala Doug Martin). Actually, if I had to compare him to someone it might be Doug, although I've never been that impressed with him, so I'd like to think Stacy has a bit more upside. Given his production on such a crappy offense, I'd say he's looking as good if not better than Martin. I know that sounds crazy based on the extreme hype Martin got after plodding his way through 14 games and padding his stats with 2 huge games, but if you just look at his production this year you might think I was doing Stacy wrong by the comparison.

Nobody expected Bryce Brown to be the next big thing this year. We all knew McCoy was going to be the guy when healthy. I actually really like Bryce despite his fumbles. Will be interested to see him when he gets his chance. The difference between them is that Stacy's already gotten his chance and he'll likely get to keep it. Richardson, Pead, and Cunningham will not be coming back from injury to retrieve the starting job. Bryce could be the next big thing the way Michael Turner was... after his rookie contract expired.
I like Stacy, but while nobody expected Brown to be the next big thing this year there was a lot of discussion about Brown being better than McCoy based on his big games. It tempered when he ran into the Tampa D, who last year was ridiculously good against the run.

I saw the Foster comparison above, but one can also look at DeMarco Murray in 2011, who disappointed greatly in 2012 as an early pick after a few big games. Look at someone like Martin in 2012, who was someone people talked about as a potential pick over Peterson at #1 in PPR and who was a consensus top 5 pick. Murray is actually more similar to Stacy in that his big games were a bit out of the ordinary. Murray came along at a time after Romo mad some bad decisions and lost games so the coaches decided to run him into the ground against some suspect run Ds. Stacy has had big games without Bradford. He has done well, but I would be worried about taking him next year (seems like he could easily be a 2nd round pick).

Look at Seattle, they were considered a top run defense and now Mike James puts up 158 yards on them this week. Tennessee has been a bottom run defense all year. Let's see if Stacy hits a wall like Brown did last year in Tampa. If he doesn't, then maybe he is legit. Kind of the way I get skeptical of anything when you hear "well, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick or Arian Foster and Priest Holmes were undrafted," you have to have some skepticism.

He's in the mold of Frank Gore, Emmitt Smith. Prime MJD and Ray Rice were faster, but Zach has all the speed he needs with his short area quickness, power and Vision. Very impressive young back. I love these short power guys. Being built low is such an advantage for them.

has anyone traded for him/dealt him? Curious as to what he it takes to get him or what kind of ROI people are getting for him after the monster game?

has anyone traded for him/dealt him? Curious as to what he it takes to get him or what kind of ROI people are getting for him after the monster game?
Traded for him about two weeks ago, got him and Toilolo on cheap four year contracts for Chris Johnson (not under contract), Garrett Graham (not under contract) and what looks to be an early 6th rounder. Auction league with rookie contracts, can keep one offensive and defensive player for free.Knew I would not keep CJ?K so had to trade him anyway.

I like Stacy, but while nobody expected Brown to be the next big thing this year there was a lot of discussion about Brown being better than McCoy based on his big games. It tempered when he ran into the Tampa D, who last year was ridiculously good against the run.

I saw the Foster comparison above, but one can also look at DeMarco Murray in 2011, who disappointed greatly in 2012 as an early pick after a few big games. Look at someone like Martin in 2012, who was someone people talked about as a potential pick over Peterson at #1 in PPR and who was a consensus top 5 pick. Murray is actually more similar to Stacy in that his big games were a bit out of the ordinary. Murray came along at a time after Romo mad some bad decisions and lost games so the coaches decided to run him into the ground against some suspect run Ds. Stacy has had big games without Bradford. He has done well, but I would be worried about taking him next year (seems like he could easily be a 2nd round pick).

Look at Seattle, they were considered a top run defense and now Mike James puts up 158 yards on them this week. Tennessee has been a bottom run defense all year. Let's see if Stacy hits a wall like Brown did last year in Tampa. If he doesn't, then maybe he is legit. Kind of the way I get skeptical of anything when you hear "well, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick or Arian Foster and Priest Holmes were undrafted," you have to have some skepticism.
Hey, I fully agree on the skepticism. It is very welcome here on this board full of hype and people who will jump on you for trying to make a thread a bit more realistic. So I hate playing the optimist role against your skepticism, but I just feel like Stacy has already shown more than those other guys or is in a similar boat.

Foster - I was not too excited about him as his games came in meaningless weeks 16 and 17 action, but he did produce much, much better than the other RBs on that team so he had the relative success. I took him in the 5th round in 2010 if he was available there. I was not down to reach into the 4th for him. In hindsight, I still can't blame myself. Week 16 and 17 production must be taken with a grain of salt, but his 5+ ypc the last two games vs. everyone else on the Texans being < 4.0 ypc should have indicated something to me.

Murray - never believed in him. He looked average as a runner in college, but had good hands. Always thought he was a perfect 3rd down back. Still don't want him. He caught a couple bad rush Ds offguard his rookie year and then looked mediocre when healthy his second year. Also had the advantage of playing on a pass-first team. Defenses were worried about Romo first and the running back second.

Martin - dude averaged 4 ypc if you remove 2 games. I know you can't take away the big games, but 14 games of plodding 20x per game doesn't make him a stud. I avoided him like the plague this year despite his likely heavy workload. He's a stat accumulator, not a playmaker. I said it before this season and it wasn't popular. I think that should earn me some skeptic points.

Mike James' performance against Seattle should reduce the Stacy optimism some, but it can't be overlooked that Stacy is soundly outperforming a decently talented peer (Richardson) and doing it without a passing threat. He's 5 out of 5 so far on good performances which is a pretty decent sample size. Proven RBs aren't even expected to do that (see Lynch vs. StL). His 3 down ability offset what was a subpar performance against a solid run D in Carolina, but I'd understand if you wanted to point to that game to prove that he's not superman. His game vs. Hou was pretty impressive in my eyes.

I've seen enough to consider him a definite hold (vs. sell high) in dynasty and as for a 2nd rounder in redraft next year, we'll get another 7 games to evaluate that grade. Given the lack of a passing game and likely limited scoring opps, I would not be excited to take him in the 2nd, but if it looks like he's going to get 250 carries and 40 receptions next year then even without TDs he'll still be worth a 2nd. Given the young talent at WR, i doubt they bring anyone in. I actually like the WRs long term. Would really like to see more of Quick in the last 7 games. I don't want to see another year of Bradford, but a rookie QB might be worse. What would be great is an offensive line investment.

You might think I've got blinders on, but I've only got him in 1 league. I didn't think the WRs would be ready this year nor do I think Bradford is any good, so I saw a 3-way race for a job that would yield maybe 6 rushing TDs all year and avoided it. So I'm not one of the guys here that falls in love with anybody that is on his roster or is just hunting for confirmation bias.

P.S. I also hate the "Tom Brady was a 6th rounder" quips. Anecdotes have nearly negligible value.

Decided to keep him over Morris in a trade I put together. Not to many 3 down backs/gl backs left.

Decided to keep him over Morris in a trade I put together. Not to many 3 down backs/gl backs left.
So did I. Might regret not jumping on Morris but two games where a scrub back vultures three TDs and the fact that he doesn't catch has me wary of him.

Mike James' performance against Seattle should reduce the Stacy optimism some, but it can't be overlooked that Stacy is soundly outperforming a decently talented peer (Richardson) and doing it without a passing threat.
There is a chance that James is actually underrated as well. He put up a similar performance on the ground versus Carolina.

Yes...I own both.

Mike James' performance against Seattle should reduce the Stacy optimism some, but it can't be overlooked that Stacy is soundly outperforming a decently talented peer (Richardson) and doing it without a passing threat.
There is a chance that James is actually underrated as well. He put up a similar performance on the ground versus Carolina.

Yes...I own both.
Absolutely true. It's also possible that 7-1 Seattle just came out flat against an 0-7 Tampa team. Either one of these scenarios would make Stacy's performance against Seattle a bit more relevant again. But at the same time, Seattle could have come out flat against a 3-4 StL team without a QB, too.

What I like most about Stacy is he doesn't get pushed back. Even on short gains, he is always falling forward, always pushing a pile. During one on one tackles, his initial pop always drives the defender forward.

What I like most about Stacy is he doesn't get pushed back. Even on short gains, he is always falling forward, always pushing a pile. During one on one tackles, his initial pop always drives the defender forward.
Exactly. He looks just like a young Earl Ironhead Okoye.

Stacy is, if he stays healthy, a top five back moving forward. There is little doubt he has the goods provided blocking remains consistent and he gets the looks.

As for value, if you care at all:

An owner approached me about the little big fella in a PPR 12 team redraft. He wants Nelson and Stacy for his AJ Green (I would then have Green, Marshall and White if he returns). I have Lacy and McCoy, but prob would accept. In fact, I'd rather him take one of the other two than Stacy.

good posting. see Chris Ivory, Shonn Greene, CJ Spiller, D. Murray, P. Hillis, R. Mathews, D. McFadden, D. Williams, Mark Ingram, etc...Stacy looks great but lets see him keep it up ...As a Stacy owner I'm cautiously optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread