What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

46 crosses to 1. I've said it before but Moyes is cursed. Or maybe SAF's deal with the (Red) Devil has been paid off.
This is a big part of the problem. Crosses are are a terribly inefficient method of attacking.
Not when Januzaj is sending them in. What a player.
I'm not the most educated viewer, but I think he'll be a top 10 player in the world within 3 years. He's awesome.

They said earlier in the broadcast that he's leaning towards England over Belgium. Seems like he could make either squad for Brazil right now.
He is a special talent for sure.
Sterling is better.
:goodposting: The overrating of Januzaj is mind boggling. Kid's a pretty nice player, looks alot better than he is due to the talent deficit (outside of roon/RVP/mata) at ManU.
I think he was kidding.
which one? Januzaj being a top 10 player in the world or Sterling being better?
Sterling being better.
In no way am I kidding. Sterling is a better player. At least under Rodgers system.

Januzaj looks like he will turn decent. Who knows when you are playing under Moyse's tactics.

I declared Suarez as the best EPL player a year or two ago. Do you think I was kidding on that, too?

In no way am I kidding. Sterling is a better player. At least under Rodgers system.

Januzaj looks like he will turn decent. Who knows when you are playing under Moyse's tactics.

I declared Suarez as the best EPL player a year or two ago. Do you think I was kidding on that, too?
:lol:

Some of you guys crack me up.

So....is 'Pool playing tomorrow? :unsure:
I can't figure out why this is a Fulham problem. Everyone else in London seems able to play.
There is only one other game in London on Wednesday(Gooners v Scum). This 2 day walkout was announced exactly a month ago. Fulham could/should have had plans for their security/stewards/vendors/etc.). It is not like this match is at 5AM in the AM.

If Fulham cannot put the game on the should be forced to lose 0-1. Fulham actually has non-tube tracks within 2 blocks of the stadium. Closest of any other London club. Travel should not be an issue.

The threat of being trounced at home is the cause for the rumours.

:lol:

Some of you guys crack me up.
I post for others to enjoy.

I was like 3 seconds away from posting how I demanded respect for my prowess in stuff. I was able to control my LHUCKsian self.

But seriously, is there really any argument on who the best player in the EPL is and whether Sterling is better than Januzaj?

:lol: Some of you guys crack me up.
What makes Januzaj so much better?
I think he is technically better and has better vision. He's also had to shoulder a lot more given United's struggles.

If you think Sterling is better that's fine. They have had comparable seasons. I think Januzaj's skillset gives him a much higher ceiling.

I think he is technically better and has better vision. He's also had to shoulder a lot more given United's struggles.

If you think Sterling is better that's fine. They have had comparable seasons. I think Januzaj's skillset gives him a much higher ceiling.
I'll agree with Januzaj has a possibly higher ceiling. He is a good player.

Sterling is better under the Rodgers system. Moyses system makes Rooney/RVP look like crap. So there is that.

Januzaj will never be a top 10 player in the world. Neither will Sterling.

I can't figure out why this is a Fulham problem. Everyone else in London seems able to play.
There is only one other game in London on Wednesday(Gooners v Scum). This 2 day walkout was announced exactly a month ago. Fulham could/should have had plans for their security/stewards/vendors/etc.). It is not like this match is at 5AM in the AM.

If Fulham cannot put the game on the should be forced to lose 0-1. Fulham actually has non-tube tracks within 2 blocks of the stadium. Closest of any other London club. Travel should not be an issue.

So.....what you're saying is that other games in London seem to be going on. And that Fulham is stupid for pretending it's a real problem. I wish I'd thought of that.

So.....what you're saying is that other games in London seem to be going on. And that Fulham is stupid for pretending it's a real problem. I wish I'd thought of that.
What I am saying is the walkout is Wed - Thurs. It was announced a month ago. Why are there no rumours of the Arsenal - Scum game being called off?

Maybe the wage problems for the tube worker are real. I don't know.

If I was hosting an event that created millions of dollars in my area I would put a reasonable effort to make sure it went off.

Canceling games due to tube strikes isn't new. It's happened to most London clubs at one time or another .

Why would Fulham forfeit?

I did not know Klinsmann had a kid this old. I think he is a junior in High School as a keeper. Has been a part of a few US youth national teams.

Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann)

2/10/14, 9:21 PM

I have verbally committed to the University of California, Berkeley today! Can't wait what the future holds! #GoBears pic.twitter.com/4DyMVPudmG

Canceling games due to tube strikes isn't new. It's happened to most London clubs at one time or another .

Why would Fulham forfeit?
The Fulham Club has a responsibility to attempt to put the game on.

It would basically be like showing up with 9 players.

The walkout has been known about for a month.

Pull out the Fulham travel bus and pick up the stewards. Game on!

Tremendous vision - probably the best set passer on that team outside of Mata.

But just way too slow (open field speed equivalent to someone like Carrick) and lead-footed to ever be considered inside the top 50 in the world, let alone top 10. The physical/athletic ability just isn't there.

He better hope for a chance to unseat Young on the English team, otherwise, he's got no chance to start over Mirallas/Mertens/Nainggolan/Chadli/Debruyne on the Belgiums.

But just way too slow (open field speed equivalent to someone like Carrick) and lead-footed to ever be considered inside the top 50 in the world, let alone top 10. The physical/athletic ability just isn't there.

He better hope for a chance to unseat Young on the English team, otherwise, he's got no chance to start over Mirallas/Mertens/Nainggolan/Chadli/Debruyne on the Belgiums.
As slow as Carrick? :lol:

Look up any scouting report on him. His pace is a strength.

Januzaj is likely quicker than Ribery and Robben and significantly quicker than Mata or Silva, each of whom have been named in the top 50 in the world (to say nothing of Iniesta, who has been named in the top 10).

Januzaj is likely quicker than Ribery and Robben and significantly quicker than Mata or Silva, each of whom have been named in the top 50 in the world (to say nothing of Iniesta, who has been named in the top 10).
Sterling >>>>>>>>>>>> all those if we're isolating speed ;)

Might seem like I'm knocking Januzaj, but I'm not. He's a talent, it's just funny how much love he gets this season while being out performed by Sterling.

Sterling has shown me a lot this year than since he's come up and relied heavily on his speed- better strength and composure on the ball and better vision. He's learning as a pro, but he's still at his best when he's going at goal with space in front of him- which most teams can close down.

Januzaj has far more of those skills than Sterling- touch, vision and ability to go at guys- regardless of what their comparative statistics might show this year. My knock against Januzaj so far is that he's trying to to do much and reading the game a bit slowly- not making his decisions quick enough to make him a truly elite player. But he's young, and he's really close.

Floppo beat me to some of the same ideas, but I think the difference between Sterling and Jan is that Sterling might continue to grow and become a fantastic support player -- a guy that capitalizes on the play of those around him. Jan might someday develop into a team's centerpiece, capable of making everyone around him better.

How is Orlando City handling this last season before making the jump? Is it just business as usual or are they doing things differently to market themselves a little more before 2015?
They seem to have gotten the crazy notion that soccer fans enjoy booze, because they've been hosting a lot of events at bars around town. I think it's a winning strategy.

DFB Pokal Quarterfinals are this week.

2/11 Borussia Dortmund at Eintracht Frankfurt

2/12 VfL Wolfsburg at 1899 Hoffenheim

2/12 1. FC Kaiserslautern at Bayer Leverkusen

2/12 Bayern München at Hamburger SV

Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund are currently 1, 2 and 3 in BL1.

Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Frankfurt and Hamburg are 6, 11, 12 and 17.

Leverkusen are 3rd in BL2

Albion should have won at Stamford Bridge earlier this season. Very cheap, possibly illegal goal by Etoo + dodgy penalty in the 96th minute to rescue an improbable 2-2 draw.

Ronaldo 5th min penalty ends whatever drama may have been left for the Madrid copa derby. Now 4-0 agg. I see Morata did not make Reals bench. he might be available this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread