What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft year 2 (1 Viewer)

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay from my last pick..

The Giants pick of Preston Parker is a proxy pick for Jeff Baca, OL Vikings.

A few questions I still have:

1. Have we officially changed the draft to 40 + 7 + 6?

2. If so, how are the 6 rounds drafted? I think it should be first come first served, maybe two a day.

3. Are we doing the rookie draft and/or supplemental vet draft on MFL? Does it add in rookie O-linemen? Would it just be easier to post it in this thread?

4. Are undrafted rookies available during the supplemental vet draft?

5. Do we have an official 'no' on trades during the rookie draft? If we are allowing trades, does the following supplemental draft allow unbalanced trades as long as we end up with 53 players?

I say lock in the 40/7/6 thing. And I like the first come first serve, 2 picks per day idea for after the rookie draft.

The OL thing is a problem, no doubt.

I think undrafted rookies should be allowed.

Trading is way too hard to keep up with. I say no to that.

I say lock in the 40/7/6 thing. And I like the first come first serve, 2 picks per day idea for after the rookie draft.

The OL thing is a problem, no doubt.

I think undrafted rookies should be allowed.

Trading is way too hard to keep up with. I say no to that.
Agreed on all counts.

Apologies for the delay yesterday, although it was a weekend. We lost internet at the house for a while.

Whicker said:
A few questions I still have:

1. Have we officially changed the draft to 40 + 7 + 6?

2. If so, how are the 6 rounds drafted? I think it should be first come first served, maybe two a day.

3. Are we doing the rookie draft and/or supplemental vet draft on MFL? Does it add in rookie O-linemen? Would it just be easier to post it in this thread?

4. Are undrafted rookies available during the supplemental vet draft?

5. Do we have an official 'no' on trades during the rookie draft? If we are allowing trades, does the following supplemental draft allow unbalanced trades as long as we end up with 53 players?
1. I don't think anybody has opposed to it. I think having the rookie draft at round 40 instead of waiting to the end would also inject some life into the draft.

2. What's everybody think about this?

3. I'll defer to Nate as he's the MFL-guy

4. I would vote for this and would say that's fair for everybody

5. I agree with Fubar/RBM.

Guys, I just made a selection for the Browns when they were up to keep us moving along.

Is there anyone that is interested in taking the team over for the last 5 rounds of vet draft and then rookie draft?

Guys, I just made a selection for the Browns when they were up to keep us moving along.

Is there anyone that is interested in taking the team over for the last 5 rounds of vet draft and then rookie draft?
I'll volunteer.

Have you told soulfly that the rookie draft is soon? I think he may get excited for that and I'd prefer him to do it (I'll still do remaining vet rounds).

MFL will have the rookies, but not offensive lineman.
Assuming these linemen can also not be created, I think we should stop using MFL after the 40 rounds and do the remainder of the draft in this thread. There will be a lot of offensive linemen drafted and the proxies have already caused a couple of hiccups.

I'm back now! Can draft the rest of the Panthers and Chargers myself :) Thank you so much to Whicker for filling in while I was at the beach and then Yale.

The Lions weren't planning on taking 9 offensive linemen in the veteran draft, but I just noticed Winters wasn't taken. Did fairly well as a rookie guard and has the ability to play T if needed (probably don't want him to, but in a pinch...)

A couple older guys but plenty of youth to grow. Flacco would be protected, though our Guards are better with the run.

T: Brown, Bushrod, Bell

G: Sitton, Warmack, Reynolds, Winters

C: Ramirez, Barrett Jones

Anyone heard from the Eagles? They have a few outstanding picks.
He's had the clock run out on him the past several picks but he's always checked in and made up all of them. I don't really know what others will think about this but I want to say we should go ahead and skip his pick for this round (or skip it at 10 EST, which would give him an hour and 53 minutes), because his timer won't expire tonight and I think we can complete another half round or so if we do.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's had the clock run out on him the past several picks but he's always checked in and made up all of them. I don't really know what others will think about this but I want to say we should go ahead and skip his pick for this round (or skip it at 10 EST, which would give him an hour and 53 minutes), because his timer won't expire tonight and I think we can complete another half round or so if we do.
Feel free to skip or make my makeup picks. Sick in bed and haven't had a chance to research and can't pick off top of my head this deep.

Feel free to skip or make my makeup picks. Sick in bed and haven't had a chance to research and can't pick off top of my head this deep.
Get well soon.

Eagles picks:

Jacob Tamme, TE

Brandon Jenkins, OLB

Rob Bironas, K

Get well soon.

Eagles picks:

Jacob Tamme, TE

Brandon Jenkins, OLB

Rob Bironas, K
Eagles picks are entered. Thanks

Hey guys, I'm on the clock now(Giants) and the site is having problems loading. If one of the people with commish access sees this, I would like to draft JC Tretter, OL Packers. I don't think he's been taken so just put a proxy in for him, please.

edit: Nevermind, finally was able to log on.

I have makeup picks coming. One for each team I think. Will try to get them in by tonight. If I come up again feel free to skip and I'll add that pick to makeup.

Instinctive (Chargers) and Late225 (Eagles) both said in their most recent posts that it was okay to skip them. The Chargers are on the clock now and the Eagles will be after the Chargers. If we skip the both of them we can get this moving again.

By my count:

Chargers have 2 outstanding picks

Eagles have 2 outstanding picks

Panthers have 1 outstanding pick

Just for reference, I know that (Chargers/Panthers) said they would make up the picks.

I am going to start doing Madden rosters. Can everyone please post a tentative depth chart. Maybe we can do another thread like last year. Then after rookie draft we can edit.

THANKS!

Ok, so starting in Round 41, we are beginning the rookie draft, correct?

Have we decided where we are going to draft? I see a number of the rookies are on MFL, but not all of them, and we do not have the custom player slots available.

Ok, so starting in Round 41, we are beginning the rookie draft, correct?

Have we decided where we are going to draft? I see a number of the rookies are on MFL, but not all of them, and we do not have the custom player slots available.
I'd like to do it on MFL and here, but linemen will be difficult.

I'd say we can pick on MFL, but make note here for lineman and ppl not in the system. (While also making note in the comments section of your selection)

Can we please skip Carolina's pick again?

My vote is that we do the remainder of the draft in this thread but it does not matter that much to me.

Nate, I will post my depth chart soon when I have more time. Thank you for doing the Madden thing again.

Tampa Bay Bucs Depth Chart:

QB: Russell Wilson

Kyle Orton (backup)

RB: Andre Ellington

James Starks (2nd string)

Jordan Todman (3rd string)

WR: Michael Floyd

WR: Roddy White

WR: Jerrel Jernigan

Jacoby Ford (4th wide, backup in slot)

TE: Ryan Griffin

Fred Davis (Backup)

LT: Jason Peters

LG: Brian Waters

C: Joe Hawley

RG: Donald Thomas

RT: Bryan Bulaga

Reserve Lineman: Ryan Harris (OT), Kevin Boothe (G/C), Allen Barbre (OT)

Defense (3-4)

DE: Fletcher Cox

Ricky Jean-Francois (backup)

Al Woods (backup)

DT: Barry Cofield

Josh Chapman (backup)

Kenrick Ellis (backup)

DE: Randy Starks

Ricky-Jean Francois (backup)

Al Woods (backup)

OLB: Justin Houston

ILB: Dont'a Hightower

Mark Herzlich (backup)

ILB: Kevin Minter

Mark Herzlich (backup)

OLB: Nick Perry

Jarret Johnson (backup, playing mainly on early downs, run situations)

CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

CB: Kareem Jackson

Slot CB: Jeremy Lane

Reserve CB: Dimitri Patterson (backup at all 3 CBs slots)

FS: Malcolm Jenkins

SS: Tyvon Branch

Usama Young (backup, used in 3 Safety sets as well)

Special Teams

K: Jay Feely

P:

KR: Jacoby Ford

PR: Jacoby Ford

STL Rams Depth Chart

Offense

QB - Jay Cutler / Terelle Pryor
HB - Trent Richardson / Khiry Robinson

FB - Collin Mooney
WR1 - Calvin Johnson / Nick Toon

WR2 - Randall Cobb / Eddie Royal

WR3 - Eddie Royal / Randall Cobb

WR4 - Nick Toon
TE - Greg Olsen / Brandon Myers / Michael Hoomanawanui

LT - Nate Solder

LG - Kevin Zeitler / Earl Watford

C - Brian De La Puente / Trevor Robinson
RG - Alex Boone / Earl Watford
RT - Anthony Davis

Defense (4-3)

RE - Jonathan Massaquoi / Alan Branch

DT - Henry Melton / Shariff Floyd / Fred Evans
LE - Ropati Pitoitua / Israel Idonije

OLB - Koa Misi / Jacquian Williams / Frank Zombo

ILB - Arthur Brown / Jacquian Williams

CB - Tim Jennings / Robert Alford / Will Blackmon / Isaiah Frey

FS - TJ Mcdonald / Jim Leonhard

SS - MD Jennings / Reed Doughty

PK - Robbie Gould

PN -

PR/KR - Randall Cobb / Eddie Royal

My final player will most likely be a punter or a backup LB so I think that this should be good enough moving forward for the Madden import.

Users who are viewing this thread