What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft year 2 (1 Viewer)

Instinctive still has not given me the passwords to his teams, and he also said that he needed a replacement before Saturday so he may still be around today. If he times out on the Carolina pick, though, I will take over both Carolina and San Diego until we hear from him again. I'll have to post the picks on here, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I make the pick as soon as Carolina is on the clock? Or should I wait to see if we hear from Instinctive again today?

Can we please ensure that someone (either Nate or the person picking) posts a notification of all replacement picks in this thread, not only for transparency, but also to make sure everyone is on the same page with who's available (and yes I know MFL has a list but as we know it's incomplete and not just with offensive linemen)? I noticed by complete accident that the Brown's pick of David Baas had been replaced by Drayton Florence, and so I would guess others could have missed it as well.

Can we please ensure that someone (either Nate or the person picking) posts a notification of all replacement picks in this thread, not only for transparency, but also to make sure everyone is on the same page with who's available (and yes I know MFL has a list but as we know it's incomplete and not just with offensive linemen)? I noticed by complete accident that the Brown's pick of David Baas had been replaced by Drayton Florence, and so I would guess others could have missed it as well.
The Browns requested that change stating that they missed their pick and for some reason it gave them David Baas.

If you go in to view the draft, every pick is correct up to date. I just search through that list to see if a player is gone.

On the latest email, I saw the Texan's timer ran out and the system automatically made a pick. Was that guy on his predraft list or what?
This has been at least the third time this issue has come up. It also caused Jonathan Babineaux and David Baas to be drafted to teams that didn't select them. No idea why it does this or how it selects the player because if the pre-draft had been set then the pick would be made automatically.

On the latest email, I saw the Texan's timer ran out and the system automatically made a pick. Was that guy on his predraft list or what?
This has been at least the third time this issue has come up. It also caused Jonathan Babineaux and David Baas to be drafted to teams that didn't select them. No idea why it does this or how it selects the player because if the pre-draft had been set then the pick would be made automatically.
I think it may be because they have that person on that draft list, but not their pre-draft list. Just an idea, not sure though

The Browns requested that change stating that they missed their pick and for some reason it gave them David Baas.

If you go in to view the draft, every pick is correct up to date. I just search through that list to see if a player is gone.
Did not see that soulfly had edited his post so I apologize for bringing this up.

And yes I search the draft page too but recently Whoosah brought up concerns about replacement picks and I think that ensuring that we have documentation in this thread for all replacement picks, there won't ever be a reason for concern.

I think it may be because they have that person on that draft list, but not their pre-draft list. Just an idea, not sure though
pretty sure that's right. Which is a reason I don't make a list.

Yep that's what happens.. If your time expires, it pulls your top player from your "My draft list" .. I was using that list to remind myself of players I was looking to take later in the draft..

It happened to me twice when I missed my picks while at work

The clock is about to expire on Carolina so I am taking over for Instictive until we hear from him again.

For 28.9 Carolina Panthers select Michael Bowie, OT SEA

Has anyone fallen more than Josh Freeman? Round 2 last year, 28th this year. Maybe he can rebound? Think he's a fair backup to Foles even if he doesn't bounce back in the real-NFL.

I am out starting now, for the most part. Was on the highway today.

Thanks Whicker for helping take over here. I'll be checking in to the thread if I can, but I don't even know if our house has wifi on this trip so who knows.

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but are we doing 53 rounds and then the 7 round rookie draft...or 46 rounds and then 47-53 are for the rookie picks?

I don't think there was a for-sure decision but my vote is for 46 + 7 and I remember thinking most others that posted wanted that as well. To me it just makes the most sense.

46+7 sounds good to me as well.

In addition, just pointing out that Cleveland Browns have an outstanding pick from nearly a round ago and they are almost up again.

Hard to keep up when it gets this deep, lol.
Very. Can't believe we've got another 22 rounds.
Same. I think the thing that this has made most clear to me is the lack of upper level talent/names. That's not to say that these players aren't talented, obviously I know theyre the best in the world at what they do, and admittedly I may not have the knowledge of some of them to know just how good they are, but there have certainly been times when drafting someone where I find myself feeling like "this is really the best thats left for the17th player on my team?" (or some other arbitrary number). I guess I just never thought about it in depth but it just goes to show how much time it takes for these guys to really get their names in the mainstream and seen as true stars/difference makers.

In addition, just pointing out that Cleveland Browns have an outstanding pick from nearly a round ago and they are almost up again.
Soulfly's head may have exploded with the Watkins tweet in the Browns Jersey.

Concur that this has gotten tougher. Though I have found pre-selecting easier lately as there's only been a few players I wanted for the team in any round. Cam Thomas was one of the easiest picks in this draft for me as adequate 3-4 NTs have become extremely limited. Not a stud by any stretch, but he's a fine backup for Snacks.

Concur that this has gotten tougher. Though I have found pre-selecting easier lately as there's only been a few players I wanted for the team in any round. Cam Thomas was one of the easiest picks in this draft for me as adequate 3-4 NTs have become extremely limited. Not a stud by any stretch, but he's a fine backup for Snacks.
Now he's missed two picks. I saw him post earlier so I know he is around here somewhere.

deadlyrange0321 said:
FUBAR said:
deadlyrange0321 said:

Now he's missed two picks. I saw him post earlier so I know he is around here somewhere.
Burnt out? This draft is not for the weak of heart

31.01 is Barrett Jones, C/G Rams

Unproven but should be a versatile addition and gives our line quality depth.

31.05 please replace Mr. Alvarez with David Quessenberry, G HOU. Unknown due to injury but he is young and cross-trained at G and RT.

Eagles makeup pick - Kenrick Ellis

Related - How's the timer working? I thought it stopped after work hours on weekdays.

Denver 30.19 missed pick QB Matt Moore.

I have been out of town. Phone worked fine for the GB picks, and screwed up my Denver one's. I'm back on my laptop, sorry about slowing the draft down.

Was there ever a set plan decided for how rookie draft order will go?
Yes it's reverse order of the vet draft. Non-snake
So being in the middle blows
I honestly don't see how it blows (wouldn't it be mostly the same with a snake draft anyway?). I don't think any spot in this draft does. And also I would like to point out that everyone has had several chances to voice their opinion on this matter including a vote in a poll in which the same pick in every round won.

I honestly don't see how it blows (wouldn't it be mostly the same with a snake draft anyway?). I don't think any spot in this draft does.And also I would like to point out that everyone has had several chances to voice their opinion on this matter including a vote in a poll in which the same pick in every round won.
Well the vote was 14-13....so those last few votes may have been important.

Regardless, I don't care which way we go.

I honestly don't see how it blows (wouldn't it be mostly the same with a snake draft anyway?). I don't think any spot in this draft does.And also I would like to point out that everyone has had several chances to voice their opinion on this matter including a vote in a poll in which the same pick in every round won.
Well the vote was 14-13....so those last few votes may have been important.

Regardless, I don't care which way we go.
They could have been important, but each person, not each team, was supposed to have one vote, and Auger, FUBAR, NateBlough, Instinctive, and Meecrob all own two teams each, which makes up for the difference between the 27 votes and the 32 total teams.

Also on page 18 of this thread I posted and asked specifically about the one vote victory and Auger responded to it and stated the poll closed in victory of the same pick in every round. If people still had outstanding votes they could have cast them then. Since that time I have been drafting with the 2.5 in mind and I would strongly prefer it not to change.

The voting was close but the NFL-style rookie draft won out and what Whicker posted pretty much summarizes my view on it. Like I have said, I think NFL-style rookie draft is fairest as much as I want 2.02 for the Redskins.

Alright, is it just me or are people letting there timer expire way too frequently lately? It's getting really annoying..it's not that hard to pre-draft or check in every once in a while to know if you're gonna be on the clock soon.

Users who are viewing this thread