What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft year 2 (1 Viewer)

Regarding the Madden input, would anyone be willing to help. With the new roster share feature, I can start on some of the teams then someone else can enter some and back and forth. If anyone is able, I have it for XBOX 360. Please let me know ASAP.
Would be all over this if I have a system

Carolina defense was very mortal last year.
well, they weren't immortal, so you have a point.

They were however, one of the very few teams I watched throughout the year that I thought had a chance to go far in the playoffs based on their D. Only Seattle's was better.

Anyone else seeing the Rookies available on the draft list now? I'm seeing all the Rookies in the list of selectable players and don't think we're ready for that...

They were however, one of the very few teams I watched throughout the year that I thought had a chance to go far in the playoffs based on their D. Only Seattle's was better.
The Panthers had a top 2-3 defense but I still think there is/was a pretty sizable gap between the Seahawks's defense and the Panther's defense. If the Panthers had made the Super Bowl, I would have guessed that the Broncos would have killed them while the Seahawks held them to 8.

The Panthers had a top 2-3 defense but I still think there is/was a pretty sizable gap between the Seahawks's defense and the Panther's defense. If the Panthers had made the Super Bowl, I would have guessed that the Broncos would have killed them while the Seahawks held them to 8.
We can speculate on that all day, but it's irrelevant to this thread.

Unless you're only allowing one elite D, I don't see how you wouldn't list the Panthers among the elite Defenses this past year.

I will say that when I was talking about elite defenses in my original post I was thinking more along the lines of the Seahawks; a defense that has elite/well above average players at all three levels. The real life Panthers D had a weaker secondary and so therefore to me it's more like some of the defenses that I was talking about that had one or more corps as a weakness. I would use the word "great" before "elite" in describing the Panthers.

That being said I also disagree with auger that you need a super elite, shutdown corner to build a dominant D. In fact I think it's better to have a deeper group at CB than a top heavy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first kicker comes off the board in the middle of the 24th. I honestly had no idea when it would happen. Last year the first kicker came off with the last pick in round 19 (which to me is a bit early) but after everyone had mostly finished their starting lineups and still no kickers came, I thought it was also possible we all could have waited until around 30 or so.

Like getting a pro-bowl pass rusher in the 24th. We'll just have to make sure he carries his AARP card.

We'd rotate him with Jarvis Jones and keep them both fresh.

No full back on either team, but Gerhart can provide some of the same capabilities as guys like Reece. Needed a 2nd RB who I could count on in case Lattimore doesn't totally recover this year but didn't like the older guys. Gerhart hasn't had an opportunity to be a lead back, but he should provide what we need here.

Shaughnessy was a mid-late round target for a long time. He's shown decent skill as DT, DE and OLB; his versatility is valuable.

Please replace our good friend Alvester Alexander with:

Austin Howard, OT.

Just signed with the Raiders for 5 years, 30 million, 15 million guranteed.

I think moving forward, any picks that are picked should not be 're-picked'. It's not fair if someone makes a pick, hear's news about a guy and wants to change his mind on a pick even though his turn has passed.

Just my opinion/feeling since some people can easily take advantage of this.

Has that been happening and I've been missing it? I thought people were taking players as a placeholder because the ones they wanted weren't in the list...?

Has that been happening and I've been missing it? I thought people were taking players as a placeholder because the ones they wanted weren't in the list...?
I haven't been paying too much attention to things, but if that is really the case, then i apologize. It just seems like there are more picks coming and then teams changing just because they want someone else instead. Having a 'place holder' is also just buying more time too I think.

From my understanding, it's been situations where the guy they want is not in the list. For example, Cortland Finnegan was cut by the Rams so he disappeared in the available MFL player pool. The guy who wanted him took a random player as a placeholder for Finnegan since he wasn't in the software anymore.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Nate/anybody.

From my understanding, it's been situations where the guy they want is not in the list. For example, Cortland Finnegan was cut by the Rams so he disappeared in the available MFL player pool. The guy who wanted him took a random player as a placeholder for Finnegan since he wasn't in the software anymore.

I took Finnegan and that's exactly what happened wtih me. I believe that's what everyone who has had to take a 'placeholder' guy has been doing...

I took Finnegan and that's exactly what happened wtih me. I believe that's what everyone who has had to take a 'placeholder' guy has been doing...
except for the Babineaux pick which came from the list and not the pre-draft.

Hi guys, Jags owner here, sorry for the delays that I've caused but I had to go to Poland for a week and I just got back. Since I haven't posted my team yet I was thinking maybe now it's the time to get some feedback and see what you think of it:

OFFENSE

QB: Josh McCown

RB: /

WR: Marvin Jones - Jerome Simpson - Lavon Brazill

TE: Brent Celek - Joseph Fauria

LT: Chris Clark

LG: Mackenzy Bernadeu

C: Travis Frederick

RG: /

RT: Sebastian Vollmer

DEFENSE

RDE: Vinny Curry (or Red Bryant)

NT: Jurrell Casey (or Karl Klug)

LDE: Mike Daniels

ROLB: Von Miller

LOLB: Elvis Dumervil

ILB: Malcolm Smith - Vincent Rey

CB: Desmond Trufant - William Gay - Kyle Arrington - Trumaine McBride

S: Devin McCourty - Will Hill

Offense Overview: I prioritized the defense in this draft, so this has the potential to be a middle of the road offense at best, but McCown played really well last year and can hold the fort for the next season at least. His weapons aren't really proven but they have some potential, Marvin Jones and Joseph Fauria were TD machines in the red zone last year and Celek is still a top 10 TE. I don't know what I'm gonna do at RB, we'll see. The O-Line really satisfies me, especially the tackles and Frederick, while Bernadeu leaves me lukewarm.

Defense Overview: In Italy we say that every bug is beautiful in the eyes of his mother, but I really really love my defense. With Daniels, Casey, Miller and Dumervil I don't think anyone has more pass rush than me. The "weak links" are the inside linebackers, Rey and Super Bowl MVP Smith, and they are still better than the average 'backer. At corner on the outside I have Trufant wich had an outstandig season in an otherwise awful defense, and Gay, while Arrington will man the slot.

As for the safeties, we know that Pro Football Focus isn't the gospel but D-Mac and Hill are 1-2 in their standings.

Please let me know what you think :D

Hi guys, Jags owner here, sorry for the delays that I've caused but I had to go to Poland for a week and I just got back. Since I haven't posted my team yet I was thinking maybe now it's the time to get some feedback and see what you think of it:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

Offense Overview: I prioritized the defense in this draft, so this has the potential to be a middle of the road offense at best, but McCown played really well last year and can hold the fort for the next season at least. His weapons aren't really proven but they have some potential, Marvin Jones and Joseph Fauria were TD machines in the red zone last year and Celek is still a top 10 TE. I don't know what I'm gonna do at RB, we'll see. The O-Line really satisfies me, especially the tackles and Frederick, while Bernadeu leaves me lukewarm.

Defense Overview: In Italy we say that every bug is beautiful in the eyes of his mother, but I really really love my defense. With Daniels, Casey, Miller and Dumervil I don't think anyone has more pass rush than me. The "weak links" are the inside linebackers, Rey and Super Bowl MVP Smith, and they are still better than the average 'backer. At corner on the outside I have Trufant wich had an outstandig season in an otherwise awful defense, and Gay, while Arrington will man the slot.

As for the safeties, we know that Pro Football Focus isn't the gospel but D-Mac and Hill are 1-2 in their standings.

Don't like your offense at all. D+ maybe. McCown isn't a good QB and Celek isn't a top 10 TE IMO. Your WRs are okay #3s, You'll need to address this in future years.

Von Miller is great, your DBs are very good. And I do like Casey a lot but I'm not sure how he'll do in 3-4 (we'll see this year). B

I'm harsh, but I'm just not a fan. You did steal Trufant and Frederick from me, so I'm just hating on your team. ;)

There have been three picks that were not place holders that have been replaced after the fact. The 49ers replaced Jonathan Babineaux with Chris Culliver and also replaced Rod Streater with Curtis Lofton. The Panthers replaced Coty Sensabaugh with Marcus Cooper.

There have been three picks that were not place holders that have been replaced after the fact. The 49ers replaced Jonathan Babineaux with Chris Culliver and also replaced Rod Streater with Curtis Lofton. The Panthers replaced Coty Sensabaugh with Marcus Cooper.
To be fair, idk about the others, but the Panthers pick was immediate. As in I hit draft and the player I expected to be drafted wasn't. That's largely because I draft from my phone sometimes and just rushed. It's not like I had time to draft, see that he wasn't the guy I really wanted because he just got arrested (I'm making that up) and then asked to change.

No reason to penalize teams for things like that, IMO. :shrug:

To be fair, idk about the others, but the Panthers pick was immediate. As in I hit draft and the player I expected to be drafted wasn't. That's largely because I draft from my phone sometimes and just rushed. It's not like I had time to draft, see that he wasn't the guy I really wanted because he just got arrested (I'm making that up) and then asked to change.No reason to penalize teams for things like that, IMO. :shrug:
My post wasn't meant to be accusatory nor to suggest any penalty or any action of any kind. It was simply for ensuring that the information was out there and known to everyone since it has been brought up. I was aware of these picks as they happened and if I had any problem I could have easily raised an issue at that time.

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

Don't like your offense at all. D+ maybe. McCown isn't a good QB and Celek isn't a top 10 TE IMO. Your WRs are okay #3s, You'll need to address this in future years.

Von Miller is great, your DBs are very good. And I do like Casey a lot but I'm not sure how he'll do in 3-4 (we'll see this year). B

I'm harsh, but I'm just not a fan. You did steal Trufant and Frederick from me, so I'm just hating on your team. ;)
I agree with you that McCown isn't great but I will need him for a limited amount of time. On Celek maybe top 10 is a stretch but he definitely is in the top 15, he isn't what he used to be but his blocking is very good, I needed that aspect since Fauria, while good at it, is limited to the receiving aspect

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

I agree with you that McCown isn't great but I will need him for a limited amount of time. On Celek maybe top 10 is a stretch but he definitely is in the top 15, he isn't what he used to be but his blocking is very good, I needed that aspect since Fauria, while good at it, is limited to the receiving aspect
True. I overlooked the likelihood that you'll (probably) have your choice of rookie QBs.

Still would have preferred your team with a better receiver / TE. But we all have holes.

Considering I didnt touch an offensive player for like 6 rounds, I love my offense. You all can munch my sack. :lol:

QB: Vick, Hoyer

RB: Gio bernard, DeAngelo Williams

FB: Jerome Felton

WR: Blackmon, Harvin, Marlon Brown

TE: Tim Wright

Considering I didnt touch an offensive player for like 6 rounds, I love my offense. You all can munch my sack. :lol:

Bad memory? Harvin and gio were your 4th and 5th round picks.

Hoyer was a short term steal imo. Vick sucks.

Bad memory? Harvin and gio were your 4th and 5th round picks.Hoyer was a short term steal imo. Vick sucks.
Haha, ya I was going off memory. Was sure i went 5rnds at least.

Regardless.

Beanie Wells is actually:

Replacement pick for last round is Austin Pasztor, OT JAC. This pick should be Don Barclay, OT GB

Also, I have a problem. My life has become very busy the last couple days and next week is Spring Break…I reaaaaallllllllly doubt I'll be making picks with my phone drunk on the beach, so we may want to replace me by Saturday. I thought we would be done by now based on last year but I guess not. Anyone have opinions on this?

Replacement pick for last round is Austin Pasztor, OT JAC. This pick should be Don Barclay, OT GB

Also, I have a problem. My life has become very busy the last couple days and next week is Spring Break…I reaaaaallllllllly doubt I'll be making picks with my phone drunk on the beach, so we may want to replace me by Saturday. I thought we would be done by now based on last year but I guess not. Anyone have opinions on this?
Almost took Pasztor this round.

Pre-select a whole lot of players. Or get someone to take over. Or we can put you on skip and you take the players when you get a chance.

Last year this thing went into mid-late April.

Almost took Pasztor this round.

Pre-select a whole lot of players. Or get someone to take over. Or we can put you on skip and you take the players when you get a chance.

Last year this thing went into mid-late April.
Hard part about pre-selecting was that all the backup OL guys aren't on there to pre draft.

Another option is you could send me (or anyone) your big board and that person could make the picks for you. I think this is preferable to someone just taking over for you and making basically random picks

SF and I disagree on the foundation of a great D. I prioritize DL, DT specifically.
I would prioritize personally:1. Elite shutdown CB

2. Interior pressure

3. Edge Pressure

4. A single middle linebacker

5. Safeties

6. Other linebacker(s)/Corner(s)
I can't take a D serious that can't get to the qb. QBs and WRs are too good in this day and age. You give them time there's no such thing as a shutdown corner.
I'm going to not include Watt in this statement because he's a different beast. However, given the choice of Sherman/Revis or McCoy or Suh or Geno or Von Miller or Quinn, I'll take Sherman/Revis every time.When I say elite, shutdown CB, I don't mean a very good CB1. I mean a player on the level of Revis or Sherman. Haden and Peterson are very, very good but I would not consider them shutdown corners currently. I agree that pressure is the key to building a very good defense and it is a requisite. However,I personally believe that having that elite, shutdown corner is necessary to have a truly elite, dominant defense in today's NFL.
I'm not saying an elite corner will automatically make a defense elite by himself. Being able to pressure the quarterback is necessary to have a very good defense. To have a truly dominant, elite defense though, you need both the ability to generate pressure and also an elite cornerback.
Sure. Captain Munnerlynn must be elite.
An elite #3 maybe ha
:shrug: top corner on one of the two elite defenses this year.
Elite = 3 years, $14.25 million.

SF and I disagree on the foundation of a great D. I prioritize DL, DT specifically.
I would prioritize personally:1. Elite shutdown CB

2. Interior pressure

3. Edge Pressure

4. A single middle linebacker

5. Safeties

6. Other linebacker(s)/Corner(s)
I can't take a D serious that can't get to the qb. QBs and WRs are too good in this day and age. You give them time there's no such thing as a shutdown corner.
I'm going to not include Watt in this statement because he's a different beast. However, given the choice of Sherman/Revis or McCoy or Suh or Geno or Von Miller or Quinn, I'll take Sherman/Revis every time.When I say elite, shutdown CB, I don't mean a very good CB1. I mean a player on the level of Revis or Sherman. Haden and Peterson are very, very good but I would not consider them shutdown corners currently. I agree that pressure is the key to building a very good defense and it is a requisite. However,I personally believe that having that elite, shutdown corner is necessary to have a truly elite, dominant defense in today's NFL.
I'm not saying an elite corner will automatically make a defense elite by himself. Being able to pressure the quarterback is necessary to have a very good defense. To have a truly dominant, elite defense though, you need both the ability to generate pressure and also an elite cornerback.
Sure. Captain Munnerlynn must be elite.
An elite #3 maybe ha
:shrug: top corner on one of the two elite defenses this year.
Elite = 3 years, $14.25 million.
bargain and I'd be pissed if I were a Panthers fan instead of that just being the local team. Not too many corners can play as well as he did on the outside and cover slot receivers.

Anyway, the point isn't that he was elite, it's refuting your comment about an elite D requiring an elite corner. You said you don't think the Panthers D was elite, we just disagree there.

Instinctive PM'd me saying that he would try to compile a big board so that I could draft his players for him. Unfortunately that is the last I've heard from him. If we don't hear from him again then I think we need to put him on auto-skip and he can make up those picks when he returns.

I missed my pick this morning. Commish, can you make a replacement pick for 27.22 - Oakland Raiders - Travis Benjamin - WR Cleveland

How the hell did I end up with David baas?

I didnt even create a predraft list... Ill send a replacement pick, but wtf is this?

please replace david baas with Drayton Florence, CB

Instinctive PM'd me saying that he would try to compile a big board so that I could draft his players for him. Unfortunately that is the last I've heard from him. If we don't hear from him again then I think we need to put him on auto-skip and he can make up those picks when he returns.
Instructions sent.

It amused me to think that I might have a big board. This whole thing has been shoot-from-the-hip.

Instructions sent.It amused me to think that I might have a big board. This whole thing has been shoot-from-the-hip.
I believe I will still need the passwords for each of your teams.

Instructions sent.

It amused me to think that I might have a big board. This whole thing has been shoot-from-the-hip.
I was assuming everybody's "board" was in their heads.

Instructions sent.

I was assuming everybody's "board" was in their heads.
The board hit me in the head a few rounds ago.

Users who are viewing this thread