What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Interesting stuff:

The people of Terminus are totally the cannibals from the comics, right?
Robert Kirkman:
Assume nothing. I will say for the record that we're not revealing that these are the cannibals or outright denying that. You should plan for a surprise when we come back for Season 5.
Scott Gimple: I don't think there's anything in Episode 16 that showed them as definitely cannibals. One could suspect, but there are no eaten parts there.

Decent pic of the pile of human bones

I forgot about the whole snare lesson thing with Rick and Carl nice little analogy with the ending of the episode.

Then in true Walking Dead corny fashion the snare funneled the group through a room with a 1,000 lit candles and then past a big pile of bloody bones in the middle of where these people live.

I love this show and hate it at the same time!

Honestly, if the Terminus people turn out not to be cannibals, then the writers might as well go all the way and have Rick wake up in the prison, realizing that last season was all a dream.
Fade in...

Light diffuses in from exterior to reveal Rick Grimes asleep in his prison cell, wearing sleep mask. Sheets are askew/twisted. Seems to have had a rough night.

Rick wakes up, takes off a sleeping mask, blearily puts on a fuzzy pink robe over his negligee. Rick gets out of bed and walks into Cell Block D's shower area. Water can be heard running as he approaches.

Rick rounds corner into shower and freezes in his tracks. Camera cuts to reveal Herschel, naked and lathering up, in one of the shower stalls. Hersch looks up, grins at Rick and says "Good morning!"

...Fade out. Roll credits

What if Terminus is a place where they are trying to create a master race going forward and the bones are from people who they think are inferior? In essence it is a type of only the strong survive and any detainees with illness, weakness, physical defects, etc. are eliminated....
Holocaust style.

:boxcars:

I forgot about the whole snare lesson thing with Rick and Carl nice little analogy with the ending of the episode.

Then in true Walking Dead corny fashion the snare funneled the group through a room with a 1,000 lit candles and then past a big pile of bloody bones in the middle of where these people live.

Why did they leave that room? They weren't being shot at in there, but instead they run outside where they are in total open space with a girl with a sword, a few pistols, and a guy with a crossbow against people actively shooting at them. Why didn't they just stay in that room, even if locked in.

Why did they leave that room? They weren't being shot at in there, but instead they run outside where they are in total open space with a girl with a sword, a few pistols, and a guy with a crossbow against people actively shooting at them. Why didn't they just stay in that room, even if locked in.
Because they needed to run by the pile of bloody bones.

Then what?

Then what?
open some wine

Then what?
Better to be in that big open room with your weapons, than in a rail boxcar without them. :shrug:

What if Terminus is a place where they are trying to create a master race going forward and the bones are from people who they think are inferior? In essence it is a type of only the strong survive and any detainees with illness, weakness, physical defects, etc. are eliminated....
Maggie is gonna be busy.

Honestly, if the Terminus people turn out not to be cannibals, then the writers might as well go all the way and have Rick wake up in the prison, realizing that last season was all a dream.
Fade in...

Light diffuses in from exterior to reveal Rick Grimes asleep in his prison cell, wearing sleep mask. Sheets are askew/twisted. Seems to have had a rough night.

Rick wakes up, takes off a sleeping mask, blearily puts on a fuzzy pink robe over his negligee. Rick gets out of bed and walks into Cell Block D's shower area. Water can be heard running as he approaches.

Rick rounds corner into shower and freezes in his tracks. Camera cuts to reveal Herschel, naked and lathering up, in one of the shower stalls. Hersch looks up, grins at Rick and says "Good morning!"

Or Hershel could be standing there with a cigar and a can of Meister Brau... "mornin'.... ####ter was full"

Fade in...

Or Hershel could be standing there with a cigar and a can of Meister SchraderBrau... "mornin'.... ####ter was full"
FYP

Maggie is gonna be busy.

Then what?
Better to be in that big open room with your weapons, than in a rail boxcar without them. :shrug:
But then what?

Then what?
I mean, they were running because they were getting shot at. They were getting shot at because they discovered that these people had contact with Glenn and others and apparently stole their stuff. What's the point of running totally out of Terminus? Why not find a place to take cover and attempt to obtain more information about their situation? They get to a room where the floor is literally covered in names, and they don't stop to see if they know any of the names, but instead run back outside to where they will continue to be shot at?

How do you kill a human and cook him before he turns to zombie meat? Or do you remove the tasty parts while they're still alive?

Then what?
I mean, they were running because they were getting shot at. They were getting shot at because they discovered that these people had contact with Glenn and others and apparently stole their stuff. What's the point of running totally out of Terminus? Why not find a place to take cover and attempt to obtain more information about their situation? They get to a room where the floor is literally covered in names, and they don't stop to see if they know any of the names, but instead run back outside to where they will continue to be shot at?
I am pretty sure being in a room and surrounded is not safer than getting out of there. The animals getting herded/snared don't usually think they are getting snared, they think they are getting away. Same with Rick et al, they were hoping they were getting away. Our guys aren't familiar with people like this. Again, for the Lost fans, think about the Others, who were 10 moves ahead of the Losties. The only way they got the upper hand was sympathetic Others that turned and a 3rd party with weapons. Same thing here, with no sympathy or 3rd party, they have no shot.

Interesting stuff:

Robert Kirkman: Assume nothing. I will say for the record that we're not revealing that these are the cannibals or outright denying that. You should plan for a surprise when we come back for Season 5.

Scott Gimple: I don't think there's anything in Episode 16 that showed them as definitely cannibals. One could suspect, but there are no eaten parts there.

Where did you read this stuff?

Theres only a few episodes of cable shows that have ever shocked me. The shield with the murders/suicide, breaking bad boxcutter, and ricks werewolf moment last night. Holy ####!

Interesting stuff:

Robert Kirkman: Assume nothing. I will say for the record that we're not revealing that these are the cannibals or outright denying that. You should plan for a surprise when we come back for Season 5.

Found it. Oddly enough, is the next question for them:

You say there's no proof, and yet there's this weird candle room that could be a tribute to those they've eaten. There's another shipping container full of people who were yelling for help. They only shot at their feet in order to keep them alive, and when you arrive, there is a BBQ waiting for you that could be Beth (Emily Kinney). Gimple:

Here's an interesting exercise that we both could do and we will both fail. Having read the comic books and knowing the rhythm of the story of the comic, could we pull what we know of the comic away from our brain and would it still lead to cannibalism in this moment? There is cannibalism in a lot of zombie movies. But, especially with that room, if you're going to eat somebody, are you really going to put up a candle for them? I don't think that's what that room is about. Kirkman: The Beth BBQ question is a big one. I've seen that a lot on Twitter. When a theory is as prevalent as that one is, it's more than likely not true. If there ever was a story line where we were going a different way and the audience seemed to be ahead of us to that point, it would be extremely unfortunate and I would certainly not feel too good about how well we're doing our jobs. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be the case.
I think Kirkman's answer is exactly what I've been saying.

How do you kill a human and cook him before he turns to zombie meat? Or do you remove the tasty parts while they're still alive?
Shot to the head?
Good thinking, does that prevent them from turning into a zombie at all?
Yes, we have seen decayed bodies with shots to the head and there would be no way for the virus to take hold.

That said, cannibalism in this backdrop (people turning upon death) would make a bad idea. Seems like way too easy for people to eat a zombie. That said, I don't even know if that would turn you into a zombie.

Shot to the head?
Yes, we have seen decayed bodies with shots to the head and there would be no way for the virus to take hold.

That said, cannibalism in this backdrop (people turning upon death) would make a bad idea. Seems like way too easy for people to eat a zombie. That said, I don't even know if that would turn you into a zombie.
If a human bites a zombie, they turn into a human. Seems pretty simple.

Shot to the head?
I was wondering about this too and came to the same conclusion. It would be wonderful to see Anton Chigurth roll up with his captive bolt pistol in the season five opener. :)
You can live if someone removes an arm or leg...Hell you can take a nice chuck out of someones abdomen and they would live for a while with care.

Interesting stuff:

You say there's no proof, and yet there's this weird candle room that could be a tribute to those they've eaten. There's another shipping container full of people who were yelling for help. They only shot at their feet in order to keep them alive, and when you arrive, there is a BBQ waiting for you that could be Beth (Emily Kinney). Gimple:

Here's an interesting exercise that we both could do and we will both fail. Having read the comic books and knowing the rhythm of the story of the comic, could we pull what we know of the comic away from our brain and would it still lead to cannibalism in this moment? There is cannibalism in a lot of zombie movies. But, especially with that room, if you're going to eat somebody, are you really going to put up a candle for them? I don't think that's what that room is about. Kirkman: The Beth BBQ question is a big one. I've seen that a lot on Twitter. When a theory is as prevalent as that one is, it's more than likely not true. If there ever was a story line where we were going a different way and the audience seemed to be ahead of us to that point, it would be extremely unfortunate and I would certainly not feel too good about how well we're doing our jobs. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be the case.
:goodposting: I don't think they are cannibals either. Guess we'll find out in the fall though.

So what's everyone's show of choice between now and the fall? Mad Men returns soon, and I'll finally finish Breaking Bad now that they are all on Netflix.

I honestly thought that they did not have bad intentions all the way up until the Glenn/Maggie group showed up in the train car. So I don't know.

I missed the Terminus guy getting capped in the head though.

Braktastic said:
Jayrok said:
matttyl said:
So what's everyone's show of choice between now and the fall? Mad Men returns soon, and I'll finally finish Breaking Bad now that they are all on Netflix.
Master Chef and maybe Under the Dome.
Ugh. I can't take another season of Under the Dumb unless they've fired the remedial English students that wrote season one.
It is horrible, but my son likes it so we watch it together. I end up working a couple hours after my younger kids are in bed, so I watch a lot of dumb TV shows even if I am not really paying attention. That show, you really don't have to watch. Even with all the complaints, I like really watching TWD, especially for stuff like Hulk mentioned (the foreshadowing of the trap).

TheIronSheik said:
matttyl said:
America's Got Talent and the Real Housewives of Orange County.
I agree on the first part, but have to ask "what the ###" on the second.

TheIronSheik said:
matttyl said:
America's Got Talent and the Real Housewives of Orange County.
I agree on the first part, but have to ask "what the ###" on the second.
It was kind of a joke. We watch TV as a family and I don't always win the vote being the only male in the group. :(

stbugs said:
Billy Bats said:
stbugs said:
Billy Bats said:
Shot to the head?

They don't turn without a brain so I would guillotine people.

Also, you don't have to test it out on yourself - you capture a bunch of people they could be your guinea pigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
matttyl said:
The General said:

Four seasons and you haven't learned not to question the poor decision making of characters on this show?

Zow said:
matttyl said:
Bates Motel.
The Americans

Mad Men

?

maybe TURN

Last edited by a moderator:
TheIronSheik said:
TheIronSheik said:
(HULK) said:
Interesting stuff:

Caveat: LOST went 6 years claiming they weren't in purgatory.

TheIronSheik said:
TheIronSheik said:
(HULK) said:
Interesting stuff:

Caveat: LOST went 6 years claiming they weren't in purgatory.
They weren't.

Hey, here's a novel idea.

Why don't we all wait until the next season starts and then we'll find out if these people are really cannibals.

Of course you can continue to speculate, guess, and make goofball predictions if you feel the need.

Hey, here's a novel idea.

Why don't we all wait until the next season starts and then we'll find out if these people are really cannibals.

Of course you can continue to speculate, guess, and make goofball predictions if you feel the need.
OK. We feel the need. Appreciate your helpful advice, though. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread