What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (3 Viewers)

Not an add yet in 99% of leagues yet, but keep a close eye on Carrasco. He's getting closer mentally and the stuff is there. When it starts to click you want to be there.
Who?
fifth starter for the Indians, for all the talk about Salazar they are very similar pitchers. Salazar is over hyped, Carrasco under. Only real difference between them is Salazar lost eighteen months to TJ. He's gotta be more efficient the next couple of turns or he may get replaced by Bauer though. If he gets his mind right he could be special.
Carlos? What makes you say he could be special? Coming up, he was projected as number 3, with number 2 as his ceiling. No high k rates.

Jason Vargas has the following schedule coming up if things stay in line:

@MIN

MIN

@CLE

TOR

@SD

@SEA

...should help him keep the ball in the park.

Dickey just got dropped, and I'm having hard time convincing myself to bid on him. It's only a 10-teamer, but we need about 9 SP to hit the innings limit.

I'm sure he'll be solid, but I just don't think the risk is worth it for a 7-ish K/9

Dickey just got dropped, and I'm having hard time convincing myself to bid on him. It's only a 10-teamer, but we need about 9 SP to hit the innings limit.

I'm sure he'll be solid, but I just don't think the risk is worth it for a 7-ish K/9
He's not a cy young guy but I think he's one of the best 90 starters in baseball/fantasy and worth a gamble. If he ever got dealt back to the NL which is a distinct possibility to me, he could really pay dividends.

He's not a cy young guy but I think he's one of the best 90 starters in baseball/fantasy and worth a gamble. If he ever got dealt back to the NL which is a distinct possibility to me, he could really pay dividends.
Probably, but I'm just not sure I have the stomach to be a Dickey owner.

I put RA dickey in the same camp as CC Sabathia. Both guys will pitch to around 4.50 ERA with appx 7k/9 and something like a 14-11 record in 200+ innings of work. I love these guys in points leagues but hate them in standard roto

Not an add yet in 99% of leagues yet, but keep a close eye on Carrasco. He's getting closer mentally and the stuff is there. When it starts to click you want to be there.
Who?
fifth starter for the Indians, for all the talk about Salazar they are very similar pitchers. Salazar is over hyped, Carrasco under. Only real difference between them is Salazar lost eighteen months to TJ. He's gotta be more efficient the next couple of turns or he may get replaced by Bauer though. If he gets his mind right he could be special.
Carlos? What makes you say he could be special? Coming up, he was projected as number 3, with number 2 as his ceiling. No high k rates.
his stuff is better than pre TJ, when he is dialed in he looks unhittable, albeit in a small sample. Problem is he is one of those compounding error types right now, make one and three happen, instead of stopping the bleeding.

Dickey just got dropped, and I'm having hard time convincing myself to bid on him. It's only a 10-teamer, but we need about 9 SP to hit the innings limit.I'm sure he'll be solid, but I just don't think the risk is worth it for a 7-ish K/9
if you are a tinkerer like me let someone else have him, have to start him every game regardless of matchup but you will never know when the knuckle is knuckling and when it is a sitting duck.

OBA, 9 category league (2b, 3b, steals, etc)

Rest of the way, Gattis or Mesorasco?
speaking off tinkering, I just dropped Gattis for Yan who I chose over Mesoraco. I think I will change my mind on each of those three about a dozen times this year. Yan has the best approach at the plate, so I think I may ride it out with him but two weeks from now I may be singing a totally different tune. Long term it is Mesoraco, but is it this year or next year?

I put RA dickey in the same camp as CC Sabathia. Both guys will pitch to around 4.50 ERA with appx 7k/9 and something like a 14-11 record in 200+ innings of work. I love these guys in points leagues but hate them in standard roto
And for good reason: They are much better points pitchers than roto pitchers at this point of their careers.

And for good reason: They are much better points pitchers than roto pitchers at this point of their careers.
Yeah, can't stand innings eaters in roto (don't play points).

With IP limits, I'd even rather a guy give me 6 scoreless IP than 7-9 scoreless IP. Everything over 6 is an inning than can't help me get a QS, and of course, is a chance for him to give up a 3-run bomb.

Matt Joyce, Adam Lind, Justin Smoak, and David Murphy available.

Need 1 CI and 1 DH.

How would you rate these guys?

Any White Sox guys have any guesses about Semien's chances of hanging on to the job when Beckham is ready?

Seems like he's done exactly enough to make a decision out of it, but obviously not enough to really nail down the job.

I still haven't convinced myself to drop the kid. I'm a sucker for MI's that could go 15-15 with enough ABs.

Any White Sox guys have any guesses about Semien's chances of hanging on to the job when Beckham is ready?

Seems like he's done exactly enough to make a decision out of it, but obviously not enough to really nail down the job.

I still haven't convinced myself to drop the kid. I'm a sucker for MI's that could go 15-15 with enough ABs.
nil

Can Beckham suck enough, again, for him to get it back is the question.

Matt Joyce, Adam Lind, Justin Smoak, and David Murphy available.

Need 1 CI and 1 DH.

How would you rate these guys?
Smoak may have figured out his lhp problem, the rest are platoon guys. Go Smoak. Joyce and Lind over Mirphy, but which one? Probably Lind, but it is close. I think Lind has the edge on average, but all else is about equal.

thoughts on brad miller? he was a guy i wanted in the draft and he was just dropped.

no immediate need (zobrist and lawrie for ss), shoud i get him on my team? weekly h2h pts league (1 for each TB, R, RBI, 2 for SB, -1 for K and CS)

thoughts on brad miller? he was a guy i wanted in the draft and he was just dropped.

no immediate need (zobrist and lawrie for ss), shoud i get him on my team? weekly h2h pts league (1 for each TB, R, RBI, 2 for SB, -1 for K and CS)
His K rate should normalize. 34% isn't going to continue. He's a mid-teens guy for his career. Shown some power already. If he stays in the 2-hole he'll be nice in a points league.

I like him. I think he and Lowrie are very close, but if I had to pick, I'd rather have Miller. Similar power, and Miller is more likely to get you double-digit steals (even if just barely)

Jesse Chavez?
cant find a better double start than him next week (@LAA, vsHOU). Pick him up and reevaluate after. Thats what im doing
I grabbed him in one league
Not gonna get a win, but 9K's,1.29 ERA, 0.57 WHIP tonight.
Anyone watch that game? Is he legit?
Here is a Fangraphs article on his pitching stuff, http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-startlingly-effective-jesse-chavezs-repertoire-illustrated/

Atleast during the game he was... Seems like he had very good control/location. A few different fastballs. Can hit 93-94 if he wants to, has a 89ish cutter I think. Good control of a curveball. First I have watched him but he looks pretty good. He doesn't have much of a pedigree and is 30 but on the A's I think he can be good. Didn't seem to overpower batters and looks like his strikeouts were a result of good pitch selection and great command.

Agree that Chavez looked last night. He has good stuff on his fastball, cutter has good movement, and decent curve.

Thing is, he's a relief pitcher that is being pressed into starting duties due to injuries on the A's. Coming into this year he had only started 4 games in his career, and has never pitched more than 67 innings in a season.

I picked him up in a few leagues, but would be surprised if he still pitching near this well come June.

One guy that's looked pretty good this year so far has been Ervin Santana.

Obviously not WW issue, but for those who play in a league where CF is a separate position from OF (I'm in one), Jose Bautista is playing there again for the Jays tonight, may gain eligibility soon.

Jesse Chavez?
cant find a better double start than him next week (@LAA, vsHOU). Pick him up and reevaluate after. Thats what im doing
I grabbed him in one league
Not gonna get a win, but 9K's,1.29 ERA, 0.57 WHIP tonight.
Anyone watch that game? Is he legit?
Here is a Fangraphs article on his pitching stuff, http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-startlingly-effective-jesse-chavezs-repertoire-illustrated/

Atleast during the game he was... Seems like he had very good control/location. A few different fastballs. Can hit 93-94 if he wants to, has a 89ish cutter I think. Good control of a curveball. First I have watched him but he looks pretty good. He doesn't have much of a pedigree and is 30 but on the A's I think he can be good. Didn't seem to overpower batters and looks like his strikeouts were a result of good pitch selection and great command.
as long as theres not a stiff breeze to blow him off the mound he looks really good

Users who are viewing this thread