What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

14 team PPR w/ superflex

Gave: Alf Morris

for: Mike Wallace and 2.06

(Not great value, but I'm down on Morris and have now traded him in every league I owned him. 4th Morris trade this offseason.)
why are you down on Morris??
As a Bengals fan, I've seen how Gruden tilts his offense towards the passing game. He also is big on throwing to the RBs and I don't feel like Morris really fits his mold and that he'll be looking to replace him ASAP. We've seen a lot of Shanahan backs fall off the face of the earth pretty quickly in a different system. Plus, in a PPR league Morris wasn't even particularly good last season (about 11.5 PPG) despite being in a system that fit him, so even if he stays the same, he's not all that valuable.

Just going with my gut to an extent also. I maybe should have tried to hold out for more, but I put him on the trading block with a note I was willing to take less than market value and didn't receive any other good offers for him, so after a while I just took the best offer. Despite a terrible season, Mike Wallace outscored Morris last year. I feel like he'll be around longer and has nice upside if he and Tannehill get it together. And I get a mid-2nd in a deep draft (and in 14 team super flex, there will be a bunch of QBs early, so it's almost like a late 1st).

I can't figure why Morris has an ADP of RB12 in PPR. I still owned him in some leagues where I picked him up off waivers 2 seasons ago and tried to get somewhere near RB 12 type of return for him and it was impossible, so I must not be the only one down on him. Took what look like bad deals now in a couple leagues because I feel like it will end up being a sell high if 2014 plays out as I expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
McCoy is about to turn 26 and Sproles may cut into his reception totals. I think he's probably got another 3-4 good years left and I'd prefer that to the 1.01, but you can turn a profit on a trade like that if you've made an accurate judgment. Pretty much depends on how right you are about Watkins.
I keep seeing people say that, but I don't think it's all that accurate. Sure McCoy's totals could dip (just as they could increase), but I don't think it would have anything to do with Sproles since they are two very different players at this point. Sproles will not take many snaps away from McCoy and McCoy will still see his dump offs and screens when he's in the game.

At this point Sproles is almost strictly a WR, and I think his signing was in anticpation of dumping Desean Jackson - I think Sproles will see much more time split out as a WR and in the slot than lined up as a RB in the backfield.

The 1.01 for McCoy could end up working out - but it's a total waste of value not to get more back than the 1.01 for McCoy. McCoy is worth far more than that on the market - and almost surely from a production standpoint as well.

This draft appears, at the moment, to be one of the deeper drafts in recent memory.
This statement will be bandied about 1,000s of times nest offseason as well - just like it was last season, and the season before that, and the season before that....
I feel like every draft is deep lol. This one may be deep, but I don't see much elite talent coming out of it. None of the RBs really wow me, at least not enough to take high in the 1st. Watkins and Evans seem like they are safe bets, but after that, I'm not really thrilled with anyone else.

12 team ppr, best ball

Team A gives Lattimore, 1.07, 1.08, 2015 second

Team B gives Gio, 3.04

Team A gives Ivory, Powell, 3.04

Team C gives 2.04, Patton, Washington

Team B is the Gore/Hunter owner.

Team C is the CJ owner.

14 team PPR w/ superflex

(Not great value, but I'm down on Morris and have now traded him in every league I owned him. 4th Morris trade this offseason.)
It's PPR and Morris is a low end RB2.
That's underestimating him a bit IMO. He finished RB7 in 2012 and RB20 last year, a year in which the entire team fell apart. I expect him to settle in somewhere in between, maybe RB12 - RB15. Assuming 12 teams, I'd feel very comfortable with him as a RB2, even in PPR. IMO he's a legit talent as a runner.

16 team ppr. start 1/2/3/1

1.2, 1.5

for

Forte, Shorts, 2015 1st (1.1-1.3 range)

14 team PPR w/ superflex

That's underestimating him a bit IMO. He finished RB7 in 2012 and RB20 last year, a year in which the entire team fell apart. I expect him to settle in somewhere in between, maybe RB12 - RB15. Assuming 12 teams, I'd feel very comfortable with him as a RB2, even in PPR. IMO he's a legit talent as a runner.
Morris is a great runner but the problem with a back like him in PPR is that you're highly reliant on TD's. If he doesn't get 10+ TD's then he's likely going to end up no better than mid RB2.

Team A trades away Julio Jones (already has Calvin, Andre, J Vax and Maclin)

Team B trades away the #2, #5 and #6 rookie picks

This draft appears, at the moment, to be one of the deeper drafts in recent memory.
This statement will be bandied about 1,000s of times nest offseason as well - just like it was last season, and the season before that, and the season before that....
People were definitely not saying that last year. People were down on it as a whole, with many trading away picks to load up for this year.

The funny thing is that last year's draft ended up being insanely deep with players who have already contributed or appear to be good breakout options.

Coeur de Lion said:
cstu said:
14 team PPR w/ superflex

This is what makes dynasty fun, the differing opinions. He still had a lot of yards last year. Something like 1,250. That's a bit under 80 per game. Which is 8 points each week. Since he essentially gives you nothing as a receiver, you are left hoping he scores at least 1 TD. He had 7 last year, so you were getting about 1 TD every other game. If he has his 80 and a TD, he gives you 14 points. Solid RB2 numbers. If he gives you the 80 with no TD, you are stuck with a crappy 8 point performance. Half the time rB2 and half the time RB3 or 4 type numbers is pretty much the definition of a low level RB2.

On a week to week basis, you are looking at generally 7-15 points with an average a little over 11. That's just not going to win you many games....

Unless you think Gruden is going to give him 20+ carries a game every week (which would shock me), not sure how anyone can project him to be a RB1 like his ADP indicates he should be. Maybe I end up wrong and have egg on my face though.

Julio
Close, but I'd probably take the picks. Figure the #2 is Evans. There is a big gap between Julio and Evans, but not 2 top 6 picks worth of a gap.

The top 6 last year was Gio, Lacy, Austin, Hopkins, Patterson and Ball. I'd take 3 of those guys over Julio.

Julio
Close, but I'd probably take the picks. Figure the #2 is Evans. There is a big gap between Julio and Evans, but not 2 top 6 picks worth of a gap.

The top 6 last year was Gio, Lacy, Austin, Hopkins, Patterson and Ball. I'd take 3 of those guys over Julio.
I would take Julio over any combination of 3

12 team PPR

Team A gets: AP, Mike Wallace

Team B gets: Alfred Morris, Riley Cooper, Khiry Robinson, Adrien Robinson, 2015 1st and 2nd (projected 10-12)

Julio

Any combo? Wow. So if you were offered Bernard, Lacy and Patterson for Julio, you would decline?

I like Julio and have traded for him twice in the past month, but that isn't even all that close to me.

In a recent startup auction ($500 budget), Julio went for $115. Bernard, Lacy and Patterson went for a combined $255.

Julio

Any combo? Wow. So if you were offered Bernard, Lacy and Patterson for Julio, you would decline?

I like Julio and have traded for him twice in the past month, but that isn't even all that close to me.

In a recent startup auction ($500 budget), Julio went for $115. Bernard, Lacy and Patterson went for a combined $255.
Yes I would decline

12 team PPR dynasty

I gave: Tavon Austin, Cook, 2.8

I got: Reed, 2.1, 2.2, LaMichael James

Thoughts?

12 team PPR dynasty

I gave: Tavon Austin, Cook, 2.8

I got: Reed, 2.1, 2.2

Thoughts?
I probably like the Austin side but it seems fair.

Reed's concussions are very concerning for me. The picks are worth more than Cook/2.8 though by a good margin so if Reed/Austin are close for you it is a good deal

Also got LaMike James thrown in.
He and Kendall Hunter both on the same roster once Gore is phased out kind of turns me off from a FF perspective from both personally.

I prefer Reed to Austin, and those two second rounds are great. Allows to to catch a faller or even package them to move up to the first.

12 team graded PPR (.5/1/1.5). Start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex RWT

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

Still have the 1.02, 2.03 and 3.03. Not sure I love anybody at 1.03 prior to draft, but with my roster would have likely considered a RB or TE.

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

Still have the 1.02, 2.03 and 3.03. Not sure I love anybody at 1.03 prior to draft, but with my roster would have likely considered a RB or TE.
I think you got a great return, those 2 have the talent to be potential core players for your team by next year. Interesting trade though, usually you see proven players dealt for high rookie picks, but I think you got nice value here since I'm pretty high on both of them.

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

I prefer the pick but it could work out well for you

Thanks for the feedback! I agree I would normally try and get a proven player with a high rookie pick, but I don't love the 1.03 right now. So I wanted to post what that pick can receive back. Other owner wanted 1.02, but I love Evans

I'm sure a RB will get drafted into a good situation, but better than Michael in 2015? And Green in a TE premium league when I can flex him behind Gronk could be a nice difference maker. Plus the 3.02 should be an OK pick.

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

Steal for you.

Team a
Bell, Joique DET RB
Leshoure, Mikel DET RB
Ridley, Stevan NEP RB
Bennett, Martellus CHI TE
Freeman, Jerrell IND

for

team z
Rice, Ray BAL RB

IDP 12 teams PPR (1 point) 1/1/3/1 (2 flex)

Not involved

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

I think you would have gotten more OTC or when the pick has a name. Not bad, but I'd take the pick.

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

You should have waited until after the draft. 1.03 will define itself more then than it does now.

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

I like it. The 2 real elite guys (Watkins and Evans) will more than likely be gone at 1.3 and you get 2 young up and coming guys in Green and Michael. Not a bad deal.

MoveToSkypager said:
DexterDew said:

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

You should have waited until after the draft. 1.03 will define itself more then than it does now.
1.03 can define itself all it wants, I still think that is good value for 1.03 this year. It terms of physical gifts, what RB in this class compares to Michael?Green in a TE premium isn't too shabby himself.

If Michael and Green were in the rookie pool this year, given their current situations, I think Michael is a top 3 (if not the top) RB and Green is a top 2 TE. Plus you get the lottery ticket at 3.02 (could have been Jordan Reed last year, low probability but a chance).

Given needs at RB/TE, I think this was a really good deal IMHO.

MoveToSkypager said:
DexterDew said:

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

1.03 can define itself all it wants, I still think that is good value for 1.03 this year. It terms of physical gifts, what RB in this class compares to Michael?Green in a TE premium isn't too shabby himself.If Michael and Green were in the rookie pool this year, given their current situations, I think Michael is a top 3 (if not the top) RB and Green is a top 2 TE. Plus you get the lottery ticket at 3.02 (could have been Jordan Reed last year, low probability but a chance).

I still think he could have gotten more. I mean, I got Hopkins/2.03 for my 1.04, but it's just a straight PPR league and we start a QB :)

1.03 can define itself all it wants, I still think that is good value for 1.03 this year. It terms of physical gifts, what RB in this class compares to Michael?Green in a TE premium isn't too shabby himself.

If Michael and Green were in the rookie pool this year, given their current situations, I think Michael is a top 3 (if not the top) RB and Green is a top 2 TE. Plus you get the lottery ticket at 3.02 (could have been Jordan Reed last year, low probability but a chance).

Would you trade LeVeon Bell for that haul? Or Patterson? Or Gio? Or Lacy? Or eve Ball?

Hyde, Hill, Sankey, and company might not be sexy now. But slap a 2nd round NFL draft tag on them and things change--just like it did for Ball and Bell, who never in the top 5 mix prior to draft night.

Michael is a 3rd string NFL RB. He couldn't beat out Robert Turbin for playing time. I know that his potential is appealing--but he's not a top 2 RB in this class. Not even close. His ADP will fall after the new rookies come into play--many with much better situations. You can think Michael is the talent that Bell is, and many would agree. But look at the ADP gap, which is justified. Talent doesn't score points while it's not on the field. Michael has a fight for RB2 duties, and we're comparing him to young, starting RBs. I don't think that's wise.

One More Rep said:
bengalbuck said:
One More Rep said:
bengalbuck said:
One More Rep said:
matttyl said:

Julio

Yes I would decline
I'd have to disagree with that statement. I think the trade was pretty even though, especially with the one team already having all that WR strength.

MoveToSkypager said:
DexterDew said:

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

I'm not going to get into player values, because we can just agree to disagree, but IMO if he would have waited, then some player would be risen to the top of that tier and the 1.03 would have increased in value. I didn't think the trade in question was a bad one for him, but he might have been able to turn that 3rd into a 2nd depending on what happens in the draft.

One More Rep said:
bengalbuck said:
One More Rep said:
bengalbuck said:
One More Rep said:
matttyl said:

Julio

Yes I would decline
I'd have to disagree with that statement. I think the trade was pretty even though, especially with the one team already having all that WR strength.
I'd be happy to deal Julio away for those picks. I think most would.

Would you trade LeVeon Bell for that haul? Or Patterson? Or Gio? Or Lacy? Or eve Ball?

Hyde, Hill, Sankey, and company might not be sexy now. But slap a 2nd round NFL draft tag on them and things change--just like it did for Ball and Bell, who never in the top 5 mix prior to draft night.

Michael is a 3rd string NFL RB. He couldn't beat out Robert Turbin for playing time. I know that his potential is appealing--but he's not a top 2 RB in this class. Not even close. His ADP will fall after the new rookies come into play--many with much better situations. You can think Michael is the talent that Bell is, and many would agree. But look at the ADP gap, which is justified. Talent doesn't score points while it's not on the field. Michael has a fight for RB2 duties, and we're comparing him to young, starting RBs. I don't think that's wise.
Last year was a banner year for 2nd round RBs, However, the slightly longer track record is not nearly as good.

Isaiah Pead

LaMichael James

Ryan Williams

Shane Vereen

Mikel Leshoure

Daniel Thomas

We also saw Mark Ingram and David Wilson in the late 1st in those 2 drafts (and Doug Martin if I am not cherry picking).

And while the big 4 RBs are going for nice price tags right now, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume 1 or 2 are going to have their ADP plummet by this time next year.

So if my choice is Hyde/Carey/top drafted RB vs. Michael and Green in a TE premium, I'm taking the latter.

I also think that on physical ability Michael is indeed not close to the top 2, he is far and away the best. Not that there is any guarantee that he ultimately becomes relevant, but there is a chance a young "starter" doesn't either. He is worth less than 1.03 in my mind at the moment, but adding Green in a TE premium tips the scales for me.

@MoveToSkypager - I can understand that take.

ETA: Where Bell and Ball were ranked pre-draft is probably not relevant to the larger discussion. But I am looking at one individual's pre-draft rankings where he had them 3 and 4. So I don't think those were as far off as you state.

TLDR 2nd round RBs = big hits last year, not necessarily true on a go forward basis though given historical track record.

Team A traded the #6 rookie pick, Ray Rice, Vereen and Ridley

Team B traded Arian Foster, the #22 and #26 rookie picks.
HAHA, maybe team A read this thread....

Traded back for Vereen and Ridley, giving away the #9 and #11 picks. Ridley and Vereen had since been traded to team C (lots of movement in this league this week).

So, combining the deals:

A traded away the 6, 9, 11 and Ray Rice

Received back Foster, the 22 and 26.

Users who are viewing this thread